Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug tunnel dogs rule!
Wounds 12/12
Fate 2/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKU6PyRDZ14

Grug's totally sure he can pull this one off; that was one of his favourite holos and he'd sneaked into the back of the hive holo-gallery so many times (sometimes clearing the place through his stink, quite an achievement in the underhive) that he could recite it word for word. He was ready. It would be SO NICE to have a doggy friend...

"OK, relax you lot, I've got this..."

Just as he moves off he notices Mung barging forward. Oh well, too late to go back now...

let's see how this turns out, our initiative is the same anyway. Wrangling I rolled http://orokos.com/roll/345618: 1d100 83 needing 47 at best, lol

the fart question fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger, the tunnel

"STEPPASIDE, GRAMPA!" Grumb shouts, moving up next to the sniper and firing wildly at the gang of hosed up dogs to the northeast. The shells explode on the slamite walls, showering chips of stone all over the tunnel as a terrific KABOOOOM resonates through the cave, shaking the scrunts to their very bones. Grumb's pants drop to the floor in terror.

FACKIN' IDJIT, PULL YER PANTS UP!" Grimply yells at Grumb.

"WHAT?" Grumb yells back.
---------------------------

Grumb moves up into position behind Grimply, firing his autocannon at dogsquad 2. A resounding 98 on my ballistic skill test sees me miss spectacularly, blasting holes in the walls and inflicting severe tinnitus on anyone who deems it narratively humorous. Clive is reliable, so my gun doesn't jam up, but Grumb's pants are now around his ankles.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is this single shot, semi-auto, or what? sounds semi, from the "shells"

i was all "uhh you can't see the dogs it's dark" and then remembered there's a torch on your gun :downs:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sry, semi-auto. I didn't give the details b/c after I rolled a 98 I figured it wouldn't make much difference one way or the other. But yes! 3 shells expended.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Murdelia Skurvy
In the Tunnel of Scrunt Love

Murdelia hears the howling and yeeing of feral tunnel animals. So familiar, yet so different. Regardless of the friendly intentions of some scrunts present, she feels like a peaceful outcome isn't going to happen and soon it'll be a fierce battle of tooth and claw. Stepping around Grumb as his pants waver dangerously, she follows up behind that little facker Grimply and spots another pack of beasties, eys glinting in the shadows.

Large, fierce, and possessed of a meat-heavy diet these creatures may be, but Murdelia is confident that her superior grasp of technology and opposable thumbs will carry the day.

"Ahhhhh!" She yells as she sprays a burst of lasers at the fiendishly intelligent dogs, hoping to cook them or at least scare them.

So moving up around Grimply, squares permitting, Dog shooting or light show: 1d100 93 Semi-auto burst at the north-east pack, if there's line of sight possible.
Ok so that's obviously not a useful roll but wait there's more
> It has Heating Issues meaning it can overheat and hurt you/make you drop the gun if you roll 91+ to hit. :kingsley:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Grimply, The dog hole
When Grimply turns the corner and sees the creatures up ahead, they very certainly and without any doubt look demonic to him! He faintly remembers tales of the Anti Scrunt, the arch rival of the Scrunt Father who seeks to destroy anything that is scrunty and filthy with his wretched powers of cleaning and the dreadful soap bars that he bestows on his minions. The dogs appear brightly to Grimply, with glossy fur and shiny collars. In fact, they suddenly shine so bright that he has to avert his eyes for a moment to not be blinded by their cleanliness. These abominations cannot be allowed to live and use their horrible powers on him and his scrunt flock!

He completely disregards his stealthy approach, yells "Faaaackkkk" into his microbead while dashing forwards, and hurls the first grenade he can find towards the demons who turn their perfect puppy eyes towards him before they get engulfed in righteous flames

I'll use Quick Draw to switch my scrunt pistol for my last fire grenade, half action to move as close to the corner ahead of me as possible, and hurl that sucker with all my might into the middle of dog squad 2. Hopefully

41 vs 45 BS lol just barely enough but then the penalties will gently caress me anyway

GM reminder that I'm very small, have a Camo Cloak and Synskin, and Photovisor googles

Scrunt Pistol (Autopistol - Basic / 30m / S/–/6 / 1d10+2 I / pen 0 / clip 18 / Full reload)

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 25, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

straight BS roll. normal range for grenades is SB x 3 (i.e. 6m for you), the central dog is 16m away, so this throw is currently at Extreme range and -30.

lol @ ur noodly arms

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, in the tunnels
14/14 Wounds
2/2 Fate

Gumbo peers down the dark tunnel. There's definitely something there. He waves his torch about, trying to get a good look.

"Whussat? Ahw is a lil doggy! Whos a good lad? whos a good lil - AH gently caress THEYS COMIN' RIGH' FER US!!

Gumbo is moving after the dogs so his action depends on theirs - assuming they attack in close combat he will swap to chainsword (free action), halfy aim and standard attack (WS 45 + 5 for Chainsword + Aim + Double team - think we outnumber them three to two). If for some reason they aren't in range he will halfy aim and standard attack with the bolt pistol. (BS 30 + aim + range modifier)

Phoon fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 25, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

straight BS roll. normal range for grenades is SB x 3 (i.e. 6m for you), the central dog is 16m away, so this throw is currently at Extreme range and -30.

lol @ ur noodly arms

Well then I probably should use a half action to get closer if I can. Is throwing the nade half or full action? My gut is telling me half but I'm the eternal rules baby. If I can't get closer then I'll still do the throw because yolo

Also I will never increase my strength cause that's for suckas without cool guns

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tin Tim posted:

Well then I probably should use a half action to get closer if I can. Is throwing the nade half or full action? My gut is telling me half but I'm the eternal rules baby. If I can't get closer then I'll still do the throw because yolo

Also I will never increase my strength cause that's for suckas without cool guns

Half action to ready if you don't have quick draw, half action to throw. If you do have quick draw you can ready and throw in a half action.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Thanks, I do indeed have quick draw

Post edited and bad roll made

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 25, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dog The Bass
The Tunnels
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvoQupwq5Hc

Nervously, Groin scuttles slightly further north. He sticks close to Yurik, keeping one eye on the shadows and one eye on the psyscrunt, looking for an opportune moment to snatch Yurik's traps away from their pouch on his belt, and deploy them in a tight ring around himself in order to protect from attack from all angles.

Drekk, on the other hand, goes on the offensive. Wedging his spiked gimphelm down on his curiously blockish head, the warrior scrunt steels himself, brandishes his sword, powers up his chunk of Hardchest plate, and lunges threateningly towards the horrible dogwolfrabbit things while snarling aggressively to assert dominance. As is usual for scrunts, he throws in a bit of the old projectile vomiting for good measure.

Dogsquad 1 whine and whicker, unwilling to approach this armoured, spewing apparition. They howl mournfully, varied ears pressed far back on their skulls, and edge round slightly to try and get a better approach on the scrunts advancing up the passage towards them. They seem aware of the lights, but don't appear to care very much that torches are being shone directly into their faces where previously they were presumably adjusted to pitch darkness. Some sort of adaptation, maybe? In any event, the barking remains loud, and is bound to alert other beasts to the fact that something's wrong.

Cowed as the wolfdogs are, Grug bumbles forward in an attempt to calm them down further. Unfortunately, the gunner cuts a hulking, corpulent figure, emerging from darkness with arms outstretched. It's not helped by the fact that he is attempting to coo the usual scrunt blandishments to their young - raucous cries of "G'WAN!", "GERROUTAFFIT!", and "FACKINMISTAKE!". The pack redoubles their howling.

As Grug tries to befriend the pack, Mung steps into view with a crazed glint in his eye. Remnants of Ghostfire still course through his veins, and his latent psychosis requires very little prompting to start burning poo poo. Leaking fuel and sparking dangerously, his unnecessarily complicated burncaster erupts into life, belching a greasy mist of compressed promethium down the tunnel before jetting a microsecond targeting laser through the centre of the cloud and blasting an ignition spark down the momentary plasma trail left behind. It's less a flamethrower and more of a portable fuel-air bomb. Two of the hound-beasts flatten themselves against the tunnel floor, paws over their multi-faceted eyes, but the other two are drenched in fuel and take the full brunt of the blast. The stench of burning fur fills the tunnel, greatly improving the general odour as the scrunts have been there for a couple of minutes now. One beast is killed outright, the other nearly slain; the flames do not catch, however. Terrified, the beasts appear to be poised to leap forward.

Murdelia glances nervously at her lasblaster, but possibly luckily for her, she doesn't get a chance to use it this round. She clomps up behind Grimply, attempting to take cover behind his midget form. She's got her lasgun in both hands and doesn't appear to have a torch strapped to it or anything, so doesn't initially manage to catch sight of any rabbithounds. Already on edge from the howling and burning from the west, Dogsquad 2 prick their ears up at the sound of movement from the south.

If Murdelia was unstealthy, Grumb is downright blatant. Mincing gingerly up behind Grimply and resting the autocannon on his shoulder as his trousers fall around his ankles, the heavy gunner unleashes a torrent of shells from the hip against the ravening dogs to the northeast. Unfortunately, Grimply, being kind of on edge, reacts somewhat ballistically to the thunderous noise happening centimetres from one ear and the pantsless heavy gunner breathing heavily in the other. The sniper yees explosively, jumping several feet up into the air and totally throwing off Grumb's aim. High-calibre shells streak into the tunnel wall above the dogs' heads.

The krakk of their impact, audible over the fresh baying of terrified hounds, cuts off rather ominously.

Shrieking and yeeing, desperate to escape the goings-on behind him, Grimply mounts a banzai charge at the dogsquad ahead of him. Goggles still clamped to his face by reflex, the other arm rummages frantically through his stuff, pocketing his rusty pistol and drawing a self-igniting firebomb. Still screaming, the sniper hurls the grenade ahead of him while running, throwing himself off balance and sending himself sprawling to the floor. Ungodly fear lends him unnatural agility and he springs to his feet in time to see the grenade go too far to the north, catching the furthermost dog and a previously unseen animal in the blast radius. Unfortunately, his screaming has acted as a warning, and the dogs prove extremely adept at judging the arc of his throw - the creatures dance out of range of the explosion with seconds to spare.

Drawing a bead on one of the cowering, unhurt hounds, Gumbo pinions it in his torchbeam and caps it in the head with his bolt pistol with a distinct lack of fanfare. The shell gouges a narrow furrow in the side of its skull but doesn't penetrate, detonating harmlessly in the tunnel wall, far too small to cause any slamite interference.

Yurik, creaky in what could be old age or what's probably just general scrunt shittiness, lopes into combat once everyone else has made their move. Leading from the rear, he grabs his box of traps and readies himself to deploy.

The clattering and skittering of claws on rock can be heard from the north, along with the clomp of something heavier, but in this maze of tunnels it's impossible to pinpoint the direction...

lol @ grimply leading from the front

-----

scr(*)nt

Groin charges his posting crystal before doubtless blowing us all out of the water once his internet comes back. half-action scuttle, half-action Guarded Action to pick lice or something and get +10 to dodge until his next turn

Drekk has +10 circumstance bonus for being a scary bright figure coming out of nowhere and a +10 circumstance for having great big threatening weapons, so actually gets a DoS on his intimidate roll. The dogs don't attack this round. They also don't seem to give a toss about having lights shone in their eyes.

Grug is no longer actually in sight of the dogs by this point but I rule that he can combine a move forwards with his Wrangling attempt. Aren't I nice. He fucks up, though, terrifying the already-scared hounds.

Mung blasts dogs with a flamethower, LIKE YOU DO. Two dodge (these are agile beasts), two are hit. One is killed outright, the other is extremely nearly dead (red dot). Normally there's a chance for bestial creatures to flee when startled, but these ones aren't testing for that. Maybe it's because they're cornered in their lair??

Murdelia escapes her overheating weapon by the simple fact that she cannot move into a position from which she can fire this round. Instead, she moves up behind Grimply.

Grumb misses, causes a Potential Issue, terrifies the poo poo out of Grimply

Grimply
misses, scatters into another dog, catches two in the blast radius, and they both dodge out of range. One of them rolled a 1. Eat it. The dogs scatter, as per the scatter diagram.

Gumbo rolls an 80 on his attack, causing me to snigger, until I realised that he was doing a standard attack and with the +30 range, +10 aim and +10 standard, means it's actually a hit. A solid hit to the head, no less. 8 + 5 damage, reduced by toughness and armour. Dog is very close to death, and is denoted by a red dot.

yurik moves

No-one gets the direction that future dogs are coming from. This test will get easier as they get closer.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk

The Tunnels

Malbrathia-3

Scrunting When I Should Be Doing Schoolwork.

The wolfthings were terrified, and then Mung fried them. One died, the other is near death. The stench of promethium, burnt fur, and charred flesh fills this pathway. Drekk smacks his sword against his shield, producing a clanging noise, and electrical charges bounce on the metal plating.

"GIT SOME YA BEASTY FACKS!" heDrekk yells as he moves in to attack the cornered animals.

---

Doing a half-move and then a standard attack against a wounded wolfthing.

46 WS and +10 Standard Attack modifier = 56

Rolled a 32.

Maybe Drekk's proximity to Mung, Grug, and Gumbo also trigger Double Team?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
Dogpocalypse Now
Malbrathia-3
Fate Points 1/2
Wounds 11/12

The best laid plans of sump-rats and scrunts often went awry, usually because someone started shouting and shooting off incredibly noisy ballistic weaponry in caves full of sound-amplifying mystery metal, and this plan was no exception.

Yurik shouted something vituperative about Grumb's heritage but it was lost in the din of autocannon fire and flamer discharges, the darkness of the tunnels briefly punctuated by flashes of light that revealed gleaming eyes and far too many teeth for his liking. C'mon!," he shouted, urging his pressganged battle-buddy Groin on as they scurried towards the leftmost tunnel branch, the Loremaster's knobby hands frantically rummaging through his scrunt-satchel of oddments. "Fack oh fack oh fack oh fack," he muttered as he tossed junk this way and that, bits of wire and scraps of half-eaten parchment scattered across the cavern floor, until he found what he was looking for with a triumphant cackle.

Yurik's ingrained intellect carried with it a vague understanding of Imperial military equipment and the operation thereof, in a strictly theoretical sense. The strange device that he had acquired somewhere along the way was, as best he could determine, some sort of proximity detonator system designed to be used to set up traps by pairing it with an explosive device of some sort. Whether it would work with scruntmade explosives remained to be seen, and he would have preferred a chance to experiment in a situation where they weren't in danger of being eaten by the local wildlife, but needs must.

Grabbing one of his incendiary grenades he quickly set the trap up, slapping his grenade in the detonator casing and twisting the activation ring before planting it where it could catch any creatures attempting to flank them from the leftmost tunnel. "Fire in the hole!," he shouted, as was customary whenever one did anything grenade-related.

"I know! I'n'it GREAT!?," shouted Mung in reply, the technoscrunt cackling madly as he sent flaming promethium jetting down the tunnels in a drug-fueled, wolfrabbit-murdering frenzy.

ok so: groin goes before yurik, so what would actually happen is that groin moves, and sticks his thumb up his rear end for the remaining half action. yurik will then come along and ready his mines; groin has taken all his actions, and thus cannot also take a mine/trap

however, because groin has Quickdraw we neatly circumvent this issue. if you both want to lay traps, then what happens is:

1) groin moves half-action
2) groin spends remaining half-action as desired. guarded action to flip off the darkness and get +10 to his next dodge before his next turn? or half-action j/oing, or yelling over the comm bead if he has one, or whatever
3) yurik moves half-action, spends half-action readying traps (all traps can be readied as one go; it's like a box of them i dunno)
4) next turn, groin a trap as a free-action, deploys it as full action
5) yurik deploys readied trap, full action

Yurik and Groin are doing this. Snare mine has a firebomb in it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung is elated to be able to test fire his flamethrower on something moving. Unfortunately it appears as though what he fired at isn't dead, moreso troubling it appears as though the wolfrabbits are bounding directly at him.

As they close in and as Drekk and Gumbo begin to engage them in melee Mung ghostfire addled brain decides that sounds like a jolly fun idea. He pulls out his gizmo-ed up axe and joins the fray.

----

I'm running on the assumption that dogsquad is going to engage the gently caress out of me by my next go round. Half action draw for my best quality axe and half action standard attack on one of the injured dogs.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Murdelia Skurvy

Murdelia tried to get a shot or three off at the rabbit-hounds menacing her scrum, but the animal cruelty is curtailed by Grimply bouncing around in front of her while the hounds vanish in and out of the darkness and Grumb stumbles uncomfortably close. Only after snarling at the general scruntitude does she notice that her las-shooter was still wrapped up in its holster when she tried to shoot. What a mess that would have made! She strips the filthy wrappings off and makes sure all the doodads are still connected, then trundles after Grimply, letting loose a fierce battle-yee as she fires recklessly at the pack of terrified animals.

"Yeeee fackers!"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

"AIIEEE," Grumb screams as he grabs his trousers with one arm and covers his ears with the other. He doubles over, tumbling into a prone position as he tries to bring his autocannon to bear. Unfortunately, his teammate Grimply is obscuring the targets too much to safely fire on the dogs from Grumb's position.

"GRAMPY!" Grumb shouts over the ringing sound bouncing around in his ears. "Y'RIN MAH KILLZONE, MAN! GERROUTTA THA KILLZONE!" Grumb is a despicable scoundrel, to be sure, but he isn't the kind of guy who would shoot a squadmate in the taint. One has to maintain a certain air of professionalism in all things.

Yanking his trousers far up in the back, Grumb clenches his buttocks around the seat of his pants and braces his autocannon against a rock. He tries to get a bead on the wolves, and cover his squadmate.
I'm falling prone as a free action, and using a full action to go on overwatch. Establishing a killzone that encompasses as much of the northeast passage as possible, firing a semi-auto burst on any dog which exposes itself to a clear shot - either by the dog's move or by grimply's. This would also trigger a pinning test for targets within the killzone.

Clive the Autocannon - Heavy 300m S/3/– 3d10+8 I Pen 6 Clip 20, 2full reload, reliable
45 BS + 10 Short Range = Target 55 for my attack roll, if one is triggered. I rolled a 30.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Dogtown

Grimply is in a bit of a pickle. Not only did his rightous grenade completely fail, but he's also all on his own with demon dogs in front of him, and the drat rear end in a top hat Grumb behind him. This must have been his plan all along! Now the blasted facker can kill him and make it look like an accident! That's why he scared him away with his big gun, yes that's it!!!! Grimply has to think fast, since the dogs are already advancing and Grumb is aiming his big cannon at him too! Fueled by a sudden flash of adrenaline and panic, he drops his googles, and rumages around in his pockets for a weapon. What he produces is something different though....

"Tha fatha protects....."

Okay, for roleplaying purposes let's say that Grimply actually stopped using his googles when he got closer to the dogs. Otherwise my way of how Grimply sees them doesn't work as per the GM info in the recruitment thread.

Then I'll use my quickdraw to get my EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUG out, and a half action to SLAM it. The other half action is used to draw my scrunt knife and pray to the rng

GM reminder that I'm very small, have a Camo Cloak and Synskin, and Photovisor googles(not used right now)

Scrunt Melee Weapon (Mono-truncheon - Melee, 1d10 I + Strength Bonus, pen2)

Scrunt Pistol (Autopistol - Basic / 30m / S/–/6 / 1d10+2 I / pen 0 / clip 18 / Full reload)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Groin Sklunger
The Tunnel,
The Trap

Goin lays a trap scruntily.

______

Groin lays a trap for potential hosed up dogs. Will update this post later.

Moola fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 6, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gumbo Bulge, in the tunnels
14/14 Wounds
2/2 Fate

The dog things yelp, but don't break, inching forwards and snarling. Which doesn't seem very dog like to Gumbo.

"Yerr all bad doggies!! Bad doggies!!

He jams the bolt pistol into its makeshift holster and reaches for his chainsword.

Gumbo will swap to chainsword (free action) and charge the nearest doggy (WS 45 + 5 for Chainsword + Charge + Double team - if we outnumber them).

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug scrunt off
Wounds 12/12
Fate 2/2

Ya feckin eejit! Ya bloody feckin EEEJUT!,

Grug had been picking up some of the vernacular used by this band of Scrunts and he had to admit it was perfect for communicating the way he felt about this turn of events.

Mung, you will regret this, it was a bloody great plan and it was gonna bloody work and ya bloody well mucked it up ya bloody great EEJUT

A lot more great ideas, mostly involving grenades, were whirling around his tiny brain, but fortunately he can't decide on one.

Well, if your plan's so feckin great I'll leave you to it!

Grug's wandering off to the east over to the next corner

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dogged Determination
The Tunnels
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCmuhmGDC48

Muttering furtively, Groin deploys a bear trap with minimal fuss, struggling slightly until his bionic arm decides to lock the jaws into place properly. He hisses and snuffles a little.

Drekk, eyes still spotty from the sudden incandescent blast of flame produced by Mung's bizarre portable MOAB, moves to flank a wounded, smouldering dogbeast. He feints with the shield, and slams his cleaver-like sword through the centre mass of the cowering creature. The weapon barely slows down as it passes through the unfortunate hound, which falls, bisected, and gouting blood.

Terrified and furious at their sudden maltreatment, the two remaining dogs from the first pack are already pouncing for Mung. The first goes high, jaws snapping on thin air as the technoscrunt ducks low, but the second beast is able to drive past the swirling, fouled red robes and get a good grip on the beleaguered scrunt's shoulder. Snarls from both parties fill the air as Mung is savagely worried, yellowed teeth piercing through his flak vest and bodysuit and skittering over mechanical implants, until a savage jab from the technomat's mechandrite sends the dog flying. It rights itself quickly.

The second pack finds itself puzzled. There's a big hulking creature waddling weirdly that's just made some really loud barks from its gun, but then there's the little chimp thing in front of it that's just made all that light and fire. The pack decide to split the difference; two of the beasts bound past and over Grimply, howling mournfully and lunging for Grumb behind him. The other two dogs slink closer before barreling into the sniper, jaws working like pistons.

Grumb, by this point, is poised to fling himself to the ground, but thinks better of it as angry beasts rush him. Consequently, the first attack again goes high, and Grumb remains unscathed; the second probably would have disembowelled the gunner were it not for the curious, sparking field generator he wears on his belt. As the hound attacks, it is suddenly driven back by an unseen barrier as the kinetic energy of its approach is dampened. The force of the attack is spread out across the entire membrane of the field - Grumb feels this as a slight moment of high pressure, and his ears pop.

Grimply, on the other hand, barely has to sway to avoid the feral onslaught of the wolfdogbits. Perhaps he's just that good, or perhaps his clothing still carries with it the stench of scrunt urine; regardless, his two attackers barely come close to hitting him.

Grug considers politely pushing his way through the swirling melee, but spends a few seconds making connections between his longterm goals and the current state of doggy affairs. He ponders.

Mung is loving life. His heart is pounding, his blood is pumping - well, quite a lot of it's pumping out onto the cavern floor, but the autoclotters will deal with that shortly - and he finally gets a chance to use his axe! Deftly spinning it out of its curious sheath - and he's spent a long time developing a sheath that an axe could fit in, he can show you the diagrams - and shifting his flamecannon to his off-hand, he aims a slash at the wounded hound's curiously elongated neck. It's a good strike, but with stunning swiftness the beast rears back and slaps at him with his paws. Drawing his axe back out from the sizeable rent it's created in the cavern floor, Mung readies himself for another go.

Murdelia was all set to get moving towards her targets, but then her targets came to her! Such is the speed of their approach that her shots go wide, scouring the cavern walls with crackling discharge. Briefly, she considers her next move.

Grumb was all set to establish a killzone, but then dogs happened in the blink of an eye! Frantically, he considers his options.

Grimply, on the other hand, knows exactly what his options are - pharmacology, or death. Swinging his pistol deftly into its holster, and letting his goggles snap back around his neck, the sniper yanks the syringe of EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUG from around his neck and jams it directly into his heart. His pupils dilate almost instantly, and his vision distorts and fractures into a hundred facets. Reaching for his knife, he is slightly worried to realise his hands are already knives, shortly before his consciousness slips from him and that of the curious alien creature that he is channelling takes over. Hissing, he rears back on his heels with unnatural fluidity, and draws his arms back to attack.

Gumbo takes a few steps backward as he readies his chainsword, and charges the wounded dog that still has shreds of Mung in its teeth. Continuing on his limb-lopping rampage, the scruntgeant shears the beasts' front legs off at the hip with a savage slash; the creature dies, thrashing.

Yurik grunts with satisfaction as he finalises the initiation rites for plugging the firebomb into his prototype mine. Satisfaction turns to concern as he realises he's standing over an armed landmine, and if anything comes round the corner before he can convince his creaky knees to move him away, he'll probably be in the blast radius.

The section of cavern wall shot by Grumb pulsates ominously, but remains quiet for now. Still, going by prior form it's only a matter of seconds before the impact sound is hurled back, doubled and redoubled!

In the meantime, sharp-eared scrunts Grug and Drekk figure out that the sound of movement is probably coming from the westmost tunnel. Just in time!

map
http://i.imgur.com/PNMellt.png

---

scrant

groin deploys trap

drekk kills a dog comprehensively. the dog has already used its dodge on the flamer attack, so it has no recourse but to eat the sword swipe.

dogs1 half-move and attack Mung. first one misses, second hits, Mung flubbs his dodge, takes 5 damage after soak

dogs2 charge! two go for grumb, two go for grimply. first bunch - they move before grumb, so he's not yet on the floor - this is probably for the best, otherwise both of them would have hit. the second dog would have done like 13 damage before soak, but the refractor field kicked in with a roll of 16! so nearly burnt out!

second bunch whiff with 96 and 84, possibly due to grimply's whiff

grug can move, but may wish to rethink his actions; get that in before wednesday or you'll just amble to where you wanted to go

mung would have scored a decent headshot on a dog, but it dodges.

murdelia wouldn't have hit even with an extra half-turn aim, so, welp. you've still got half an action to use this round but that can't be an attack, as you've already attacked. you can still move, i just figured you may not want to.

grimply comes up aces. specifically, he comes up hypermantis. grimply receives +2 Unnatural Strength and +2 Unnatural Agility, along with the talents Step Aside, Two-Weapon Fighting: Melee, Ambidextrous, and Assassin's Strike. his hands have also turned into Natural Weapon blades, with a profile of 1d10+SB R / tearing / mono / razor sharp. finally, he cannot understand scrunts, and will react as a cornered Bestial creature if caught in fire, loud noises, or other worrying things. his spare action is an Aim.

gumbo kills a wounded dog, much like his player's actions in the UK chat thread

yurik sets a trap!

drekk and grug hear stuff. wait for them to tell you.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug Total Re-Scrunt
Wounds 12/12
Fate 2/2

Ya feckin eejit! Ya bloody feckin EEEJUT!,

Grug had been picking up some of the vernacular used by this band of Scrunts and he had to admit it was perfect for communicating the way he felt about this turn of events.

Mung, you will regret this, it was a bloody great plan and it was gonna bloody work and ya bloody well mucked it up ya bloody great EEJUT

A lot more great ideas, mostly involving grenades, were whirling around his tiny brain, but fortunately he can't decide on one.

Well, if your plan's so feckin great I'll leave you to it!. He turns and walks away, muttering to himself.

In less then a couple of steps a pair of dogs charge around the corner. Combined with his 'excellent' trigger discipline and being startled, he blasts away...

instead of wandering off I'm turning around and moving to point blank with the doggies lunging at Grumb, shooting semi auto, needing 65 for a hit (66 - 85 then a Scrunt gets it instead lol) rolling a ...http://orokos.com/roll/350590: 1d100 16, Grumb you lucky. ZzzzzzAP!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung was having the time of his life. He was high on stimulants and the blood and hydraulic fluid was pumping in his veins. He wasn't sure why Grug was so pissy at the situation but the techscrunt was having a ball.

"What are ya talking about you daft ponce? Ya ain't killin' these things with kindness and they ain't scrunty enough ta be proper scruntdogs. Now shut yer gob and help us kill our dinner."

When the dograbbit got hold of Mung's shoulder he yelped in confusion but was not able to bite the creature back before it pulled away. Mung's retaliatory swing went wide and met the ground. By this point the drugs, the pain endorphins, and Mung's already manic state got him acting marginally more erratic than usual.

He starts cackling "Ahhhhahahahahahah, lookit the little hellbeast tryin' to eat me. I'm gonna eatchyou first ya little shitrabbit" before rearing up to take another swing.

------

Taking another swing on the dograbbit I'm engaged with, All out attack and assuming double team bonus from Gumbo.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
The Tunnels
Malbrathia-3

The smell of flames and the crackling of electricity filled the air. Drekk feels good, but not fully invigorated. Noises are coming from the northwest. More wolfthings?

"GUMBO!" he yells at the top of the lungs, "THERE MAY BE MORE WOLFTHINGS COMIN! BE CAREFUL!" Will his warning fall on deaf ears again? Who knows! He moves in for another attack on the wolfthing.

---

Drekk is notifying the scrunts of the noises and is also doing a Standard Attack on the Wolfthing: 46 WS + 10 Standard Attack Modifier = 56, rolled a 80. FECKITY FECK FECK FECK! Maybe any possible Double Team bonuses may counteract it...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what about your other half action

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

what about your other half action

Half-move forward.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 9, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dogged Determination v2.0
The Tunnels
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzK3Y9-qiNU

Grug stumbles grumpily through the cavern, muttering something about animal companions. Just as he rounds the corner towards Grumb, fangs flash out of the darkness and a horrible howling and barking splits the air! Startled, Grug's meaty finger spasms on his lasblaster, splintering the safety catch and stitching a cascade of lasers through the still cavern air. Three of the shots rip home into a leaping dogwolfrabbit, blasting huge rents in its vile, shifting body; the creature is dead before it completes its leap, and bounces off Grumb's hump with little fanfare. Grug blinks as he watches blood ooze from the body.

Grumb, unable to perform his covering fire action, and unable to bring his autocannon to bear on his assailants, considers his options. First things first, he grabs a fistful of trouser, yanks it upwards, and clenches tight. A seemingly instinctual action, it's actually a highly effective position from which to dodge - core tight, shoulders back, glutes engaged, Grumb is well-balanced and can move in any direction. The fact that he completely misses in his attack is almost beside the point, with such excellent form in doing so.

here's a revised map!

----

lmao grug scores three hits with his semi-auto attack - he's forgotten the recoil compensator clamped to his weapon that gives +10 to semi and full auto attacks, but it wouldn't have made a difference. the dog totally fails to dodge, and the damage rolls are 10, 9 and 9. the dog is amazingly dead. it did its missed attack before getting shot though.

grumb cannot shoot, so guardedly pulls his pants up and attempts to clobber a dog with his gun; the very important "yo you can't shoot if you're in melee" clause is hidden at the top of a section of fluff in the rulebook

grumb misses with his roll of 70, and gets +10 to a future dodge (guarded action/standard attack)

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug Bunch of slack-jawed Scrunts around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannoscrunt, just like me
Wounds 12/12
Fate 2/2

'FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...'

Grug's reaction to being startled is quite... extreme. He continues to advance, mashing the trigger into the electronics housing.

'...EEEEEEEEEECK'

Taking another step forwards into point blank range and again firing semi auto. Need apparently 75 to hit. 76-95 will hit whoever the gently caress that is (Murdelia?) and I got http://orokos.com/roll/351010: 1d100 80 ooops

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
Dogpocalypse Now
Malbrathia-3
Fate Points 1/2
Wounds 11/12

With a click and a beep and an incongruously soothing green light, the snare mine activated, scruntmade incendiary bomb snugly wedged into its housing and awaiting detonation. Detonation which Yurik realized only a second later that he was squarely within the range of.

Barely pausing to snatch up his thinkin' stick from where he left it against the wall he scuttled away from the proximity mine's destructive radius as quickly as his knobbly knees could carry him, and it was only a fleeting glimpse of multifaceted eyes and chitinous claws glinting ominously down the rightmost tunnel that brought him up short. Yurik was no stranger to the occasional psychotic break...bending the Immaterium to one's will wasn't without its side-effects...but he was fairly certain that he hadn't done anything yet that would be causing him to see Grimply as an insectoid abomination, a hideous fusion of scrunt and bug whose very existence was an affront to sanity. So either these dog-creatures had some sort of transformative venom that they'd somehow missed until now or Grimply had elected to partake in some EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUG of his own.

Once they were finished loving around down here, Yurik noted idly to himself as all hell continued to break loose around him, he really needed to make some time to figure out just what was in those injectors.

Half action to grab my thinkin' stick, half action to get as far away from the impending explosion as possible.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

"GERROFF ME YE STANKIN' HEAP O' TRASH, GIT, GIT, GITCH'YBUTT OFFA MY-"
Grumb yells at the dogs snapping at his face and torso. He stops shouting as his flashlight swings over the rapidly transforming Grimply, and Grumb's eyes widen to golf balls beneath his grimy green shades.

"W-W-w-W-w-Wuz, wuz goin-" Grumb stammers, inching backwards as he watches Grimply's hands stiffen and fuse together into wicked, serrated blades. Grimply's back arches out of proportion as his face cracks and shifts, stretching and pulling his eyes to the sides.

"G-g-g-G-g-" Grumb begins, interrupted by a sputtering, spine-chilling hiss from the twisted form of his squadmate. Grumb's sphincter tightens more than he previously thought possible, and he snaps.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE," Grumb yells, bounding backwards as fast as his legs would carry him. "THEY GOT GRIMPLY! RRRUUUUNN!"

Grumb is taking a double-move action to back away from the Mantis Grimp as fast as he possibly can. I understand this will provoke an additional dog-attack. He will attempt to take cover behind a nearby scrunt, or possibly behind the little supporting wall to the west of Yurik, depending on which looks safer by the time my turn has come around. Grumb was NOT paying attention to what Groin and Yurik were doing, so he is in danger of stepping into the traps at your discretion.

IF Grumb is no longer engaged in melee by my turn, he may instead be inclined to establish a zone of suppressing fire to the northeast.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 12, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Murdelia Skurvy
12/12

The dog-critter slavering in front of her is a concern. The two more down the tunnel is a further concern. The sounds of yeeing and yipping echoing through the tunnels from other encounters are also concerning. The sudden transformation of Grimply into some sort of horrifying mantis monster is the most novel, unexpected concern. But the dog-critter in her grill, skidding around in the bits and pieces of its pack-mate after Grug had a go, was the most immediate. Raising her stubby, mistreated las-gun over her head, she lets forth a mighty battle-yee and attempts to stove in the dogbit fiend's head.

Attempting All-out melee attack on dogbit: 1d100 76 which might use Double Team? I think this is my first melee attack in the game :toot:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, Hisssssssssss

Wounds: 9
Fate: 2/2

When the needle pierces through his crusty cloak and flesh, Grimply feels the power of the father surging through his veins. His tiny and tortured body rumbles and shakes under the weight of the power bestowed on him, but he knows that he can control it. He must! For he is the Prophet of the scrixl gribbl kra'zrech hazkree grok!

"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

So since I'm not so high in the turn order, I have to present two different lines of actions. If both dogs attack me, then I'll go for them and use one attack on each of them. If they for some reason decide to ignore me and go for the scrunts in the back, then I'll use my full movement to dash deeper into the cave in search for more doggies to shred. If there are actually no doggies ahead of me then I'll still do it and even sprint to get ahead further. I'm sure it's a very good idea!

87 vs 32

50 vs 32

Holy poo poo I'm super bad at rip and tear :(

Natural Weapon blades (1d10+SB R / tearing / mono / razor sharp)

grimply receives +2 Unnatural Strength and +2 Unnatural Agility, along with the talents Step Aside, Two-Weapon Fighting: Melee, Ambidextrous, and Assassin's Strike.

GM reminder that I'm very small, have a Camo Cloak and Synskin, and Photovisor googles(not used right now)

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Tin Tim: Standard (i.e. not swift/lightning attack) weapon swings give a +10 bonus as well, similar to firing a gun on single shot setting. Since you are effectively doing two separate single swings each attack should have an extra +10 bonus. Not that it's currently helping you this round due to how badly you failed, mind.

If you declared you were going to all out attack you could opt to lose your dodge/parry for the next turn in exchange for +30 WS which is handy if you think you're going to kill something.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Gm said I'm rolling against straight WS and I tend to believe his every word on scrunt game matters

you don't have swift or lightning attack so it's WS -10 (two weapon) + 10 (standard attack) as a half action, so basically rolling against straight WS.

In my mind, mantis grimply just screams in horrid sounds and flails his knife hands all over the place. Which seems like proper scrunt mutant behavior

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 14, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's if you attack as a half-action, with both hand-blades. the +10 standard attack is counteracted by the -10 for using both weapons at once. if you just swung once with one handblade, it would be +10 total bonus

standard attacks can also benefit from the Aim action, giving a further +10, but yeah, you miss either way really. remember that you may be a scruntis but you can't see in the dark

update a bit later, phoon and moola get NPCd unless they get acts in before then. don't think the deathclock starts yet though, p sure they posted last week

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Aight I'll keep that in mind for my next cavalcade of failure rolls

And btw, I don't need to see far when I can just scream and make things come to me. I'm bent on playing Grimply as different from before as I can during this encounter even if it gets me owned. You guys will come and save me, right?....Right?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dogmatism
The Tunnels
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J4y11O1H34

Groin, now that he's finished laying traps, wisely backs off. He's not wild about going down any of the tunnels nearby, filled as they are with dogs or crazy barely-glimpsed hellbeasts, but clings to the tunnel corner, whipping out his shotgun and shakily drawing a bead on the beasts embroiled with Grimply.

Drekk takes another swipe at the slavering beast in front of him. It's a poorly timed attack, but the poor thing's outnumbered three-to-one by frantic creatures used to fighting in crude packs. Mung shoves the wolfrabbit hard as Gumbo crouches at its feet, sending the animal sprawling and unable to avoid the slash. The sword glances off its collarbone, making the creature howl in pain. Drekk dances back out of its reach, dodging a swipe of the paw as he turns his back on it to scan for new targets. Frustrated, it snaps savagely at Gumbo, jaws nearly closing on his throat, but he gets the flat of his chainsword in between its jaws at the last second, and jams on the power until it lets go.

The second pack of dogs split their attentions. Again, two of them take snaps at Grimply - one of them dives for his exposed belly, while the other claws at his hamstrings in an effort to incapacitate. Unfortunately for them, they reckoned without the sniper's strange transformation - in a blur of motion the scrunt is gone, malformed jaws clacking on empty air. The creatures whirl around frantically only to discover the sniper clamped six feet up the wall by his mag-boots. With a hissing cry, he lunges for them.

The beast menacing Grumb simply body-slams the gunner. Grumb stands planted stock-solid, though, mesmerized by Grimply's actions, and the wolf simply bounces, snarling, off his oversized head.

Grug stomps forward, screeching and holding down the trigger of his multilaser. Shots skitter and flash, mostly sinking into the walls, except for one stray bolt which sinks into Grumb instead. Amazingly, his shoddy refractor field has already recharged sufficient power in its leaky, oily capacitors to soak the shot, leaving the gunner unharmed!

Mung is loving this; he's got a cowering, wounded creature at his feet, and two beefy scrunts to help him give it a kicking. Twirling his wonderfully-crafted, expertly-balanced axe, the likes of which he has rarely seen before and in fact now that you mention it he's never really properly examined it before, like, closely, using his skills and stuff, Mung flips the axe from hand to hand, to mechandrite, back to hand, back to mechandrite, to foot, to Gumbo, back to hand, and buries it with a solid grunt in the head of the wolfdog in front of him. There is an arc of blood and pearly brain matter; as the technoscrunt wrenches his flawless weapon from the cavern floor, the cloven half of the wolfdog's head is flicked contemptuously to the north, landing at the end of the tunnel with a solid splat.

Murdelia is loving this a bit less; she's no stranger to fleshy horrors, but to have one all up in her grill like this is off-putting, to say the least. So, reverting back to first principles, just as she imagines she would have been taught in Scrunt Medical College had such a place existed, she smashes it in the face repeatedly with the butt of her lasblaster, in an attempt to make it go away. The wolfrabbit beast bubbles and snarls, drooling blood and teeth. It's shaky, but still on its feet.

Grumb has a Moment. He doesn't have them often - he normally has pills for this - but sometimes, well, the world just gets too much. Slavering hellbeasts and titchy scrunts mutating into blade-handed killers apparently count. He leaps for safety, away from the clashing jaws of the wounded dogbeast, and cowers behind a lip of rock, clutching Clive to him for comfort. He leaves an easily followable trail behind him.

Grimply, the unknowing source of this minor lapse, launches himself swipes mindlessly with his newfound weapons. Unused to this strange, bipedal form, he doesn't managed to connect, but is learning all the time. He chooses to remain in place after his attack, the better to slice up these meatthings before him.

Gumbo, bereft of applicable targets, heads up the tunnel to join Drekk. He shines his flashlight curiously up the corridor, in an attempt to further map out these weird tunnels.

Yurik splashes through Grumb's new rivulet with evident distaste, scampering away from his firebomb. It's a good job he did so - he's just in time to witness another squad of dog-creatures round the corner out of the blackness, baying and howling!

Drekk and Gumbo hear a much lower, reverberating growl from up ahead in the tunnel, near where the severed half of the doghead came to rest...

...as the rest of the scrunts hear a much, much louder, reverberating clatter from the eastmost tunnel! Grumb's autocannon blast has begun to re-amplify and feed back! They can try and keep their footing in the eastern tunnel if they want, but it's probably going to be tricky. Much smarter to just get out of the slamquake's way, and if possible, keep the dogs from escaping it!

map

----

scr[!]nt

Groin is NPC'd this round, half-moves, readies shotgun, aims at grimplydogs.

Drekk slashes dog. +30 total for outnumbering with a buddy that also knows double-team, so it's a hit! Not a very good one, though. He inexplicably moves while in melee with dog, provoking an attack of opportunity, which it misses.

dog1 attacks drekk, who dodges

dogs2 attack various. Grimply is hit twice, and dodges both through Step Aside, negating a regular hit and a Takedown attempt. they also hit Grumb, who dodges effortlessly with a roll of 4.

Grug misses dog, shoots (coinflip) Grumb. Grumb would have soaked anyway, but i need to roll to see whether the refractor field breaks. It does not, and actually would have deflected the shot. defence in depth!!

mung hits dog, as he's rolling against 100 if you include the +10 for Best. so why not roll a 7 for 9DoS. dog can't dodge, it's already taken an attempt, and naturally the technoscrunt righteous furies, smashing the creature's head in two.

murdelia does a pretty hefty 8 damage to dog; another decent hit will kill it, as denoted by the yellow dot. double-team bonus still in effect, as Grumb has not yet run away

Grumb runs away. Grumb gets 50xp for a dangerous, amusing bit of roleplaying that has not annoyed the rest of the party. also, Grumb: Clive has whispered "Don't worry, baby" to you in a deep, basso voice. This is probably due to your altered mental state at the moment.

grimply misses

Yurik and Gumbo move.

dogsquad 3 has entered the fray! they move after Grimply.

slamquake is about to happen in the eastern tunnel. anyone still in it by the end of next round will take an armour-piercing 1d5+2 Concussive(0) damage to the head, potentially stunning them for a number of rounds and/or knocking them prone. you'll be safe once you get into the central junction.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
will Grug get slammed where he is or does he need to step back a little?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

currently he will, he needs to be on a level with Groin

however he's not actually in melee with the dog, just next to it, so can move with no problem. consider shooting first then moving!

• Locked thread