Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Jabarto posted:

If two shield dongs overlap each other, will only one of them generate certs? And if so, will the higher ranked dong take priority as with ammo packs?

I don't think ammo packs do that anymore, I was recently using a Phoenix while sitting on two ammo packs and I got two missiles back after each cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older

Arghy posted:

So list of keyoard keys that do't work, N, B, ?. Why yes landlord i am fishing my keyboard out of the trash.

The important thing is that you're still able to type "haha"

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Fierce Brosnan posted:

The important thing is that you're still able to type "haha"

uff the magrider :(

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Welp now its fixed, apparently dunking it in the trash can fixes keyboards?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Arghy you should do tech support

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Planetside 2: uff the magrider haha

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

honda whisperer posted:

Plaetside 2: uff the magrider haha

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

i use the lancer to kill maxes

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

Denzine posted:

I've never seen that teamkilling happen. What I have seen happen is four allies rushing into the emp'd door and getting mowed down by the EMP shield heavy.

edit: and no it's not like I actually stop throwing these things, they're cheap as poo poo and I have grenade bandolier.

Tossing breaching grenades doesn't negate good room-clearing technique. You should still peek through the doorway first, or to get really wrelevant, "cut the pie" before just running into gunfire.

If I get conc'd or EMP'd, I'll just shoot the doorway, it usually nets me a kill or two before going down. Although I have swapped to EMP shield for most builds.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

honda whisperer posted:

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Arghy did you forget to lubricate your keyboard with pineapple juice?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
If I wanted to collect maximum ragetells and make the best use of ths SC I spent so long ago on Tomcats, which upgrade path should I go for?

Also is the Airhammer still good? I finally got a good computer so I dont struggle with frames anymore.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Artificer posted:

If I wanted to collect maximum ragetells and make the best use of ths SC I spent so long ago on Tomcats, which upgrade path should I go for?

Also is the Airhammer still good? I finally got a good computer so I dont struggle with frames anymore.

Just having Tomcats is good enough. Cert lockon speed and remember that you can switch to your nosegun while your missile is in flight. And yes, the airhammer is good. It fucks infantry up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Artificer posted:

I will say cert reload speed cause once you get a lock you don't have to relock after firing. Sure if the other guy breaks the lock/flares you'll have to reacquire the lock but otherwise you can fire off multiple missiles pretty quick.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Leal posted:

I will say cert reload speed cause once you get a lock you don't have to relock after firing. Sure if the other guy breaks the lock/flares you'll have to reacquire the lock but otherwise you can fire off multiple missiles pretty quick.

Hm. Good idea, thanks. I suppose the Airhammer will work as a supplement to the missiles if they try and charge me to disrupt the lock.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If you really want to farm tells look for people who can't charge you. Either smoking or dogfighting someone else.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

honda whisperer posted:

If you really want to farm tells look for people who can't charge you. Either smoking or dogfighting someone else.

I'm also a poo poo pilot in a Reaver, so this will be my way of having some fun in the air. :v:

Thanks for the tips.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
get lock-on time

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

honda whisperer posted:

I wanted to be as infuriating as I was in EVE. In EVE I would fly Rooks, Blackbirds, or Falcons and jam people. The hate was palpable. Naturally in PS 2 this means trying to fly in an interceptor role where I'll tool around at flight ceiling with stealth and try to Tomcat smoking enemies.

It is cool because you get two hate tells. One from the lovely you blew up and one from the lovely whose kill you stole.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I auraxed the Cyclone and bought the MKV then put the laser on it and I think it's magnetically attracted to heads because I should not be getting this many headshots. must be a fluke of some kind. not sure if I want softpoints on it though, the projectile is already real slow.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

Protons posted:

I wanted to be as infuriating as I was in EVE. In EVE I would fly Rooks, Blackbirds, or Falcons and jam people. The hate was palpable. Naturally in PS 2 this means trying to fly in an interceptor role where I'll tool around at flight ceiling with stealth and try to Tomcat smoking enemies.

It is cool because you get two hate tells. One from the lovely you blew up and one from the lovely whose kill you stole.

I like you.

I'm not sure if your plan will work out in PS2, but I admire the effort

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Sadly the flight ceiling is at about ankle height if you're not in a galaxy.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

honda whisperer posted:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Is the last rank of Vehicle Stealth super necessary for tanks and esfs? 1k certs is blech.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Artificer posted:

Is the last rank of Vehicle Stealth super necessary for tanks and esfs? 1k certs is blech.

The last rank of vehicle stealth is the most important one. You don't show up on radar when firing anymore, or when infantry get in a certain radius. The only time you show up on minimaps is when someone directly spots you. And if you break line of sight for a few seconds you can vanish again.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Gaghskull posted:

The last rank of vehicle stealth is the most important one. You don't show up on radar when firing anymore

I thought it was confirmed otherwise.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

I thought it was confirmed otherwise.

I thought so too, which was the biggest reason why I don't really want to go for the last rank.

Now, if this was true, then hell yes I'm going for the last rank.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Artificer posted:

Just send "good duel" to anyone you shoot down. Also yes the skill hammer is extremely good when used correctly.

Also yes you show up when firing unless they broke it or made an intentional change in the last couple of months.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Westy543 posted:

Also yes you show up when firing unless they broke it or made an intentional change in the last couple of months.

Simply changing it so that the person blinks on your minimap when they're locking you would go a long way towards balancing tomcats for live play.
It'll never have any effect on them being used en masse, though, which is the real problem. Oh well, dedgam

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

Horizontal Tree posted:

It'll never have any effect on them being used en masse, though, which is the real problem. Oh well, dedgam

Like everything in the game when used in mass?

One of the biggest problems in the game is how to design for scale.

Zila fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 1, 2015

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I will trade lockons for lancers I can attach to my scythe.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

sitchelin posted:

I remember they had these but then removed them because skygods hated them more than lockons

edit: first 1:20 or so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9mjCesg9Ic

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 1, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

sitchelin posted:

I...

Westy543 posted:

I remember they had these but then removed them because skygods hated them more than lockons

edit:
...I a-am ready to support your platform, P-pr-president S-sitchelin!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Tomcats should have been super fast lock, fire and forget small damage missiles. You open and finish with them but rely mostly on the nose gun.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Westy543 posted:

Mass Drivers would have been so cool as a nosegun, but oh my god they were so broken, especially as a wingmount. Kinda happy they weren't added.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Westy543 posted:

:stare:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mass drivers: Hey you know how everyone hates the Airhammer cause it wrecks everything? What if we made a long range version of that

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Resist changes could fix all of this, make them terrible against certain armor types to the point you'd never bother to use it. AH/PPA/banshee for example should be completely useless against vehicles.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Mass drivers: Hey you know how everyone hates the Airhammer cause it wrecks everything? What if we made a long range version of that

But at least the other factions could use it! :frogdowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Arghy posted:

Resist changes could fix all of this, make them terrible against certain armor types to the point you'd never bother to use it. AH/PPA/banshee for example should be completely useless against vehicles.

no

• Locked thread