Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

stephenfry posted:

it is a wonderful vision of systems interoperability though. all eurofighters?

F-16s. The Eurofighter has a delta wing, a pointier tail, and lacks the ventral fins. However to the best of my knowledge, Canada, the UK, and France do not operate them, and neither Canada nor France use the Eurofighter either, so I think it's just 'F-16 standing in for generic jet fighter' going on there.

e:beaten

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

cram me sideways posted:

You wish. You loving wish there would be a World War III. You'd loving come immediately. You'd put Rocky IV on every television in your home squeeze into the second-hand cammies you scrounged at a neighbor's garage sale and start marching point back and forth in your little lovely back yard, eyes glazed and mouth locked in a sick rictus. "I'd sign up now, if I could," you'd scream at passing children. "I'd give Gorbechev I mean Putin a bloody loving nose I would." Then you'd run inside and viciously cram your scrotum against a picture of Obama while screaming BORN IN THE USA over and over again.

There would be no need for you to die, because you'd already be in heaven.

It would be the perfect scenario for all the bitter old war hawks, so desperate for anything to make them feel powerful and relevant again. Until the slightest thing inconveniences them personally, they'll be utterly convinced that they're living out the 80's movie that they were certain the world should be.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

That's, uh, not the most elegant visual metaphor.

I thought that was a dove trying to drag NATO into WWIII and was really confused for a bit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zeroisanumber posted:

I thought that was a dove trying to drag NATO into WWIII and was really confused for a bit.

I'm still confused because that's exactly what it looks like to me

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

It's a turkey. Because Turkey.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm still confused because that's exactly what it looks like to me

the turkey is Turkey

ok? ok.

Is this helping? are you less confused?

srsly tho, it seems pretty slapdash

e: beaten

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Titus Sardonicus posted:

It's a turkey. Because Turkey.

stephenfry posted:

the turkey is Turkey

ok? ok.

Ok

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

When Lefty Lucy is speaking, Stilton's hands are on the keyboard, as if typing out her words for her. When she's not speaking, he sits slumped at his laptop with clenched fists.

I think we're on the verge of a breakthrough here, Stilt!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Do we still allow posts about Ve-gon artbook?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Selachian posted:

That's, uh, not the most elegant visual metaphor.

An adorably determined little turkey though

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Crowsbeak posted:

Do we still allow posts about Ve-gon artbook?

I don't see why not, but like the last several weeks I saw were just a dozen variations of "I eat meat because reason," "actually, reason is invalid, you just enjoy animal suffering," "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK UNPLEASANT TRUTHS!?" so if that's still all she's producing, I imagine it'll get old quick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is incredible.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Quick, drape Neil over it! It might sort of cover up the blast!

Oh thank you very bloody much, Thatcher! :argh:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Ramirez does like the seventh cartoon this week on how we should submit to ISIS.

(I don't know why this cartoon looks shittier than normal; I assume he's just cranking them out fast, quality be damned)

One lovely cartoon deserves another!

(Apparently just a case of great minds thinking alike)

6 Payne would be a lot less objectionable if he just stuck to jerking off about cars.
11 I love Pat Bagley

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

F-16s. The Eurofighter has a delta wing, a pointier tail, and lacks the ventral fins. However to the best of my knowledge, Canada, the UK, and France do not operate them, and neither Canada nor France use the Eurofighter either, so I think it's just 'F-16 standing in for generic jet fighter' going on there.

e:beaten

Yep Canada has a single-type fleet of F/A-18 Hornets, which they might replace by a single-type fleet of F/A-18 Super Hornets. The UK is flying Eurofighters and Tornados, and will be getting F-35s. France operates Mirage 2000s for the Air Force, Super Etendards for the Navy, and Rafales for both. Amusingly, Turkey has one of the largest fleet of F-16 (third, after USAF and Israel), most of which they built themselves under license.

Of course the cartoonist just drew one F-16, then copy-pasted it repeatedly.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Selachian posted:

"Trump and the politics of fear," says Telnaes.

Trump's mouth is full of bat-erangs? New candidate for worst member of the rogues' gallery...

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

One lovely cartoon deserves another!

So one in every six of the syrian refugees are secretly members of Isis?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

No, Missouri is the Lowtax state.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Heart disease kills far more people in the US than terrorism, and if only we had a better screening process we might be able to prevent it. AGC

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Monaghan posted:

So one in every six of the syrian refugees are secretly members of Isis?

https://youtu.be/7U-t3GetV_Q?t=2m58s

Starts at the 2m 58s mark.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Ninjas are the greatest threat to America

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He's just so unbelievably excited for Jeb!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I honestly can't tell if that cartoon is pro-Jeb! or anti-Jeb!. On one hand all the other candidates are filled with hot air. On the other hand, the Jeb! balloon is taking up the least amount of space and not drawing attention to itself.

A Shrodinger's Jeb! cartoon.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

But terrorists can trick the scanner by briefly learning the true meaning of Christmas, then forgetting it

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

DOES EVERYONE ELSE FEEL SAFE? I FEEL SAFE!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

No, Misery is the Lowtax state.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

I wonder how big a brown person's heart is.

Or a red or yellow or black or loving purple.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

Today I discovered Adam4D isn't a bigot after all, he doesn't hate gay people any more than he hates everyone, everything, all the time.

Flashback!
Back in the bygone era of the '90s I was a salesman at Radio Shack. They trained us in the fourteen steps of selling, the better to maximize our profits. Overcoming objections was one of those steps, and one of the techniques was called "Feel, Felt, Found." The customer tells you why they don't want to buy some crap they don't need, you turn it around on them by telling them that you yourself understand how they feel , because you felt that way yourself until you found out this amazing fact about how awesome the product really is!

The second panel leads me to think that Adam4d has been professionally trained to sell useless poo poo too.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Odonata posted:

Flashback!
Back in the bygone era of the '90s I was a salesman at Radio Shack. They trained us in the fourteen steps of selling, the better to maximize our profits. Overcoming objections was one of those steps, and one of the techniques was called "Feel, Felt, Found." The customer tells you why they don't want to buy some crap they don't need, you turn it around on them by telling them that you yourself understand how they feel , because you felt that way yourself until you found out this amazing fact about how awesome the product really is!

The second panel leads me to think that Adam4d has been professionally trained to sell useless poo poo too.

Well he is a priest of some form, I think, so... :laugh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Haha is this a poorly-timed cartoon

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Rorus Raz posted:

Haha is this a poorly-timed cartoon

Make up your loving minds, either Black people are being too uppity or too passive.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

colonel_korn posted:

11 I love Pat Bagley

Holy poo poo, this is good.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Odonata posted:

Of course he has, he's an Evangelical Christian. Ever since the 19th century, Evangelicals have been applying marketing and sales techniques to their evangelism, developing "sales pitches" to get people to convert. And what they're selling is the imperative to go out and convert (i.e. sell to) more people. Fred Clark of Slacktivist calls their product "Amway without the soap."

E: One of the most popular sales pitcheswitnessing tools is the Bridge to Life. You may have been "lucky" enough to heard and seen this in real life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzHgzVgVnQc

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 26, 2015

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Klaus88 posted:

Make up your loving minds, either Black people are being too uppity or too passive.

Really? All editorial cartoonists are part of a collective and are not allowed to have their own opinions, now?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Klaus88 posted:

So is the urge to vent your spleen just that overwhelming or do people really like putting their brains on auto-pilot when they read this thread?

That's a rhetorical question by the way, the answer is both.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 26, 2015

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Klaus88 posted:

No, you see they are being too uppity because they don't have REAL problems to deal with any more because racism is over

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

It didn't even register that this cartoon said Mitt Romney in my brain, because who the hell believes in Mitt Romney in 2015? Even Mitt Romney isn't convinced, come on.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: One of the most popular sales pitcheswitnessing tools is the Bridge to Life. You may have been "lucky" enough to heard and seen this in real life:

Nietzsche did it better

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pththya-lyi posted:

TIL ITT: Jesus was a dolphin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pththya-lyi posted:

Of course he has, he's an Evangelical Christian. Ever since the 19th century, Evangelicals have been applying marketing and sales techniques to their evangelism, developing "sales pitches" to get people to convert. And what they're selling is the imperative to go out and convert (i.e. sell to) more people. Fred Clark of Slacktivist calls their product "Amway without the soap."

I'm Jssus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

• Locked thread