Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Uncharted Realms quality is super uneven, it ranges from barely edited badly plotted trash to perfectly adequate genre fiction. I actually felt this was closer to the latter, a few bad passages aside.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Elyv posted:

Uncharted Realms quality is super uneven, it ranges from barely edited badly plotted trash to perfectly adequate genre fiction. I actually felt this was closer to the latter, a few bad passages aside.

The decision to write it from first person just comes off as a cover for a lot of really dumb crap like "you don't see a lot of demons on boats" so the writer could plausibly claim it was Ob Nixilis's dumb thoughts and not dumb writing.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Is that even true? I bet demons would love a treasure cruise.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Is that even true? I bet demons would love a treasure cruise.
Yeah but those sell out so fast that they often have to settle for a dig through time.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Anyone know if any of the online shops are having any good black Friday deals? Last year I got an inked playmat at a good price and a few singles, haven't seen anything advertised yet.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Yawgmoth posted:

Yeah but those sell out so fast that they often have to settle for a dig through time.

Retcon ob nixilis as a student of archaeology. Next block is him and Tammy moonsocks rebuilding the tolarian academy.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

Retcon ob nixilis as a student of archaeology. Next block is him and Tammy moonsocks rebuilding the tolarian academy.

They dropped the ball real hard not making an Indiana Jones planeswalker for the original zend

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Pontius Pilate posted:

It's funnier because one of Bobby Nixon's earlier Uncharted Realm stories involves him doing a hella lot of digging through Zendikar looking for leylines or something.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

These puns are so bad and devoid of humor, I need to give you all a murderous cut. I don't anticipate any problems with doing this, but even the best of plans can go horribly awry. It will take me a while to process what what to do here, but the painful truths of the matter are I have to completely disregard my morality and scour from existence any trace of your puns. So I ask forgiveness for my unnatural aggression and hope none of you turn against me but these puns are a vile aggregate of all things wrong with the forums. So in order to arrest this issue and avoid the grip of desolation caused by bad humour and carry my plan to the utter end I will terminate you all.

I hope this doesn't result in my brutal expulsion.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 26, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Madmarker posted:

These puns are so bad and devoid of humor, I need to give you all a murderous cut. I don't anticipate any problems with doing this, but even the best of plans can go horribly awry. It will take me a while to process what what to do here, but the painful truths of the matter are I have to completely disregard my morality and scour from existence any trace of your puns. So I ask forgiveness for my unnatural aggression and hope none of you turn against me but these puns are a vile aggregate of all things wrong with the forums. So in order to arrest this issue and avoid the grip of desolation caused by bad humour and carry my plan to the utter end I will terminate you all.

Just make reparations to the thread and it will be all right

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

JerryLee posted:

Just make reparations to the thread and it will be all right

I guess I shouldn't condescend. You are right, I must show humility and beg forgiveness. What could I possibly donate as adequate reparation.

How about a Squee's Toy?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Madmarker posted:

Sounds like you should take up farming.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

quote:

....my heart was pounding, and I could scarcely breathe.

I had waited so long for this. So very long.

I spoke three words.

In that moment, everything began anew.
"I love you too" said Jace.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Jace smirked.

"Heh," he smirked.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

And then Jace tenderly sat his rear end on the dildo strapped to the his life sized pillow with a picture of Liliana on it before realizing he had spoken four words.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Revised Frozen Shade is overpowered. +1/+1 forever? I'll take it!

Edit: Obviously since Giant Growth says 'until end of turn' this must be permanent

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Devor posted:

Revised Frozen Shade is overpowered. +1/+1 forever? I'll take it!

Edit: Obviously since Giant Growth says 'until end of turn' this must be permanent

Thats how it played out in 4th grade, it was stupid good

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?

Cactrot posted:

Thats how it played out in 4th grade, it was stupid good

We played it the same way. Frozen Shade + Dark Ritual was amazing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What's a fair cost for a 0/1 with B: put a +1/+1 counter on ~?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I don't think it would get played in Standard today at 2B. I'd say it might fit in a black aggro deck at 1B.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It'd probably only see play as a 1-drop and even then it'd need the right metagame to make it. Zero power without investing mana makes it a really weak threat.

Edit: misread and thought you meant a regular shade

whydirt fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 26, 2015

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Given that this hypothetical updated Frozen Shade would basically be 'Warden of the First Tree but ten million times better', it'd probably have to cost 1B.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve just got first place in the Standard Thunderdome. Give him some claps for being champ among goons at the worst format.

Now to sit and wait for that command zone tournament.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Ramos posted:

suicidesteve just got first place in the Standard Thunderdome. Give him some claps for being champ among goons at the worst format.

Now to sit and wait for that command zone tournament.

It only took 4 finals and 6 top Xs to win one! Please don't look at my deck it's horribly misbuilt. I'm pretty sure all of our decks were. :v:

Now where's my Army of Allah?!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Congrats, Steve!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

cheetah7071 posted:

What's a fair cost for a 0/1 with B: put a +1/+1 counter on ~?

Well, Jenara has slightly more strenuous color requirements, and cost 1W to buff, but starts out as a 3/3 and has flying. 2B with B: +1/+1 counter wouldn't be excessive in most recent standard formats.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

suicidesteve posted:

It only took 4 finals and 6 top Xs to win one! Please don't look at my deck it's horribly misbuilt. I'm pretty sure all of our decks were. :v:

Now where's my Army of Allah?!

Mine! All mine! Haaahahahaha

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

Mine! All mine! Haaahahahaha

I'm still incredibly tilted that I lost to a trash deck full of a bunch of garbage fish.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

suicidesteve posted:

I'm still incredibly tilted that I lost to a trash deck full of a bunch of garbage fish.

Vintage is a skill testing format with a near endless decision tree. Or you can put fish men on the table.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

Vintage is a skill testing format with a near endless decision tree. Or you can put fish men on the table.

And draw all your sideboard cards 2 games in a row.

And draw 8 or 9 Wasteland effects over 2 games.

And steal my Army of Allah! :argh:

Totally not salty btw.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

And draw all your sideboard cards 2 games in a row.

And draw 8 or 9 Wasteland effects over 2 games.

And steal my Army of Allah! :argh:

Totally not salty btw.

Now I don't remember much about those games but here's a decent representation.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

TheLawinator posted:

Just play Doomsday and be a prick to everyone.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Gridlocked posted:

Just play Doomsday and be a prick to everyone.

doomsday is the coolest deck in all of magic though

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GeneX posted:

doomsday is the coolest deck in all of magic though

I think you mean Dredge, but close enough.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Regarding the story-lines, is Ravnica the only plane with an ongoing that doesn't directly concern a planeswalker or a multiversal threat (Eldrazi, New Phyrexia)? UR recently picked up the Teysa and Tajic plotline from Dragon's Maze, and I wondered if that indicated another return to Ravnica. Possibly I've missed stuff concerning pre-Innistrad settings.

Edit: I guess I mean more "hanging plot threads".

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 26, 2015

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Regarding the story-lines, is Ravnica the only plane with an ongoing that doesn't directly concern a planeswalker or a multiversal threat (Eldrazi, New Phyrexia)? UR recently picked up the Teysa and Tajic plotline from Dragon's Maze, and I wondered if that indicated another return to Ravnica. Possibly I've missed stuff concerning pre-Innistrad settings.

I think they just did a few stories which involved the new commanders.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Theros? That just has Heliod as Grand rear end in a top hat.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Frozen_flame posted:

Theros? That just has Heliod as Grand rear end in a top hat.

Also, Elspeth in the Underworld so it doesn't qualify here.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Ravnica has Jace as the literal glue holding Ravnican politics together; if Elspeth counts then Ravnica does too. Planeswalkers are involved in all the current storylines, but Ravnica and Theros are two planes where there isn't some big evil threatening multiple planes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Ergo, Ravnica doesn't qualify either.

Planeswalkers tie all the different stories of each plane together, news at eleven.

• Locked thread