Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hulk Smash! posted:

Did I miss a patch note somewhere that removed repair costs from tactical FPs? I'm noticing that I have 0 repair costs after running FPs now.

It's a known issue. Gear isn't taking damage, period, so there is no repair costs. Expect it to be fixed in the near future followed by a wave of bitching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

It's a known issue. Gear isn't taking damage, period, so there is no repair costs. Expect it to be fixed in the near future followed by a wave of bitching.

Where was that bug when the Underlurker kept one-shotting me on repeat in ToS? :mad:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I was running through Heroics Imp Side on Makeb yesterday, and there was this one where you had to slice a computer, then disable some poison gas vents before you die. I managed to disable the vents as quick as I could, but then the game just arbitrarily killed me anyway. Am I missing something or is that just a thing that didn't translate well to the new level scaling system?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Kurieg posted:

I was running through Heroics Imp Side on Makeb yesterday, and there was this one where you had to slice a computer, then disable some poison gas vents before you die. I managed to disable the vents as quick as I could, but then the game just arbitrarily killed me anyway. Am I missing something or is that just a thing that didn't translate well to the new level scaling system?

That's one that kinda sorta requires 2 people to pull off. You can do it with good timing and a healer comp, stimpacks and use of heroic moment. Might take a couple of tries.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

That's one that kinda sorta requires 2 people to pull off. You can do it with good timing and a healer comp, stimpacks and use of heroic moment. Might take a couple of tries.

The trick is to hit the "abandon" button and do heroics on a different planet because Makeb sucks

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I was doing it for the Reputation. But I did abandon it because it was stupid.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

The trick is to hit the "abandon" button and do heroics on a different planet because Makeb sucks

Some of us wanted that stupid gazebo decoration.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Kurieg posted:

All of the Makeb heroics should be skipped. They're completely out of line with both time commitment and rewards compared to the rest. Way out of line.

They should give out 3-4x the rewards because they take a significantly larger amount of time, since I figure it'd be way more effort to tune them to not have to run across entire maps for a 5-stage objective sequence when the other heroics are 'kill like 10-15 dudes that are all in the same general area' or 'pick up 3 or 4 things that are all lying in view of each other'.

gently caress makeb.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

And just think, they're easier note than they were pre-4.0

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Some of us wanted that stupid gazebo decoration.

Also the beret

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

StashAugustine posted:

Also the beret

:eyepop:

I can't find "beret" anything on TOR Fashion -- where can I see this?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Confiscated mercenary set. Champion standing (:barf:), has to be bought republic side but can be worn by either IIRC

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

StashAugustine posted:

Confiscated mercenary set. Champion standing (:barf:), has to be bought republic side but can be worn by either IIRC

Red-and-dark-grey makes it look like all the Sith Warrior sets. I'll need to get some dye to fix that...

Also, note to self: figure out how to get Makeb reputation.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SWTOR Twitter posted:

Attention #SWTOR Subscribers! Prepare yourselves for a BIG announcement during next Tuesday's Producer Livestream: http://bit.ly/1OgGqdf

Ooooooh what exciting news do we have coming now???

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Announcing announcements should be illegal.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Unless it's :wookie: as a playable species or character transfers to SWTOR 2, not interested :colbert:

(It's probably the next chapters for KOTFE being announced)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

A miniature Blaster pet that talks.

A man can dream.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

anyone heard if they're gonna do a black friday cartel market sale?

I have needs.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm looking to do some PVP on my jedi guardian- I have a full tank set, but want to start building up a DPS set.

Should I go Vigilance or Focus for PVP?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

anyone heard if they're gonna do a black friday cartel market sale?

I have needs.

I think the last couple years collections have been 50% off to unlock.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

prefect posted:

Also, note to self: figure out how to get Makeb reputation.

The heroic missions drop purple rep trophies now iirc. Or if you prefer a more agonizing method of acquiring rep you could run through the Makeb story and get lots of green trophies.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I think the last couple years collections have been 50% off to unlock.

Yeah it's an excellent time to clear bank space. They also do sales that change every few hours on Friday. Amazon had coins for 20% off last year.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm looking to do some PVP on my jedi guardian- I have a full tank set, but want to start building up a DPS set.

Should I go Vigilance or Focus for PVP?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745548&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=142#post453002881

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cyrelio posted:

The heroic missions drop purple rep trophies now iirc. Or if you prefer a more agonizing method of acquiring rep you could run through the Makeb story and get lots of green trophies.

Now I'm hearing that the heroics on Makeb are too much to solo, so I guess my characters who are about Makeb-level have their futures mapped out for them.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

prefect posted:

Now I'm hearing that the heroics on Makeb are too much to solo, so I guess my characters who are about Makeb-level have their futures mapped out for them.

They're not too much to solo (that one above is a bit more tricky but doable). They're just way too long for the rewards they give out. Still, find a buddy and it'll be the fastest way for rep drops.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah it's an excellent time to clear bank space. They also do sales that change every few hours on Friday. Amazon had coins for 20% off last year.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745548&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=142#post453002881

Thanks.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The Makeb storyline is worthy of doing once but yeah I can't fathom ever going back for heroics

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

Bat'sheva, I bought a mount off you. Wasn't the cheapest at the time, but I figured I'd donate to a fellow guildmate rather than a random pubbie.

Thanks for that. If I knew you were looking for one, I would've cut you a break. I'll find you later online to give you a partial refund.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

Thanks for that. If I knew you were looking for one, I would've cut you a break. I'll find you later online to give you a partial refund.

Nah no worries. I wasn't looking for it specifically, just going through the mounts on the GTN less than 800k that I didn't have already.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If anyone doesn't have the +10 to all stats fleet datacron looks like a guild is hosting a run for it -

Some dude on Reddit posted:

Hello all I just wanted to let everyone know that Birds of Prey will be hosting a Fleet Datacron run on 11/28/2015 at 8pm EST on Jedi Covenant republic side. Come join us for kicks and giggles and and the ensuing debauchery lol

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well, they're certainly not underselling it:

Charles Boyd posted:

Can't wait for people to see this! Gonna be so crazy and so fun ;-)

Drew Karpyshyn posted:

@SWTOR We're announcing this already? Is the world ready? Are WE ready?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Also, for those who were asking, looks like there'll be a black Friday cartel market sale starting at 12PM CDT tomorrow.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Well, they're certainly not underselling it:

"WE ARE ANNOUNCING THAT COLICOID WAR GAMES NOW HAS A HARD MODE!"

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

"WE ARE ANNOUNCING THAT COLICOID WAR GAMES NOW HAS A HARD MODE!"

:pray: oh, please. Make it that, just for the BW forums meltdown.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
New playable race: Gungan.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

go3 posted:

The Makeb storyline is worthy of doing once but yeah I can't fathom ever going back for heroics

I'd go so far as to say it's worth doing twice, once on each side. And if you have the possibility, I'd recommend starting with the Imperial side.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Just a heads up for people who were having problems with advancing your class story in SoR, the latest patch seems to have fixed it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Wait, if the sale is on "All existing cartel packs" does this mean I can get Binary Star rep again and those sweet as hell lightsabers?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

shadok posted:

I'd go so far as to say it's worth doing twice, once on each side. And if you have the possibility, I'd recommend starting with the Imperial side.

Really? I'd probably go the other way on that. Is it for the dramatic irony?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Geniasis posted:

Really? I'd probably go the other way on that. Is it for the dramatic irony?

The two stories have almost nothing in common, and the Imperial version is much better. Republic Makeb is bland and forgettable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Imperial one has 2 lovely gimmick fights for some reason though, while Republic has none.

• Locked thread