Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also agreed that the grudge raker is good for handling rear end rats, I smash them out of the air when they're trying to get me pretty regularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Skandranon posted:

Because it lets you play the game like it was Doom? Just because someone plays dwarf doesn't obligate them to snipe all specials ever.

sure, but it sucks to not have a good way to reliably kill them at range if poo poo goes down

I mean bash rats however y'all want, I just don't like the shotguns/repeaters and think they're hot garbage

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

But Not Tonight posted:

sure, but it sucks to not have a good way to reliably kill them at range if poo poo goes down

I mean bash rats however y'all want, I just don't like the shotguns/repeaters and think they're hot garbage

You asked why other people would use them, I told you. It's fun.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:laffo:

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005
Finally finshed my last cataclysm map this morning. Now I have to get to work on the truly difficult achievements.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

roxxor5678 posted:

Finally finshed my last cataclysm map this morning. Now I have to get to work on the truly difficult achievements.

While not nearly as deep as you are, this was my situation until the other day when I had a buddy check out the game and he played through a normal round with elf, netting me those two.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skandranon posted:

We already have a stuck up tumblr-tard, we don't need two.

I've been saying it the whole time, but Blood Dragon Murderhobo. Just a dude dressed like he just arrived here from Bloodborne, no real social graces to speak of, won't shut up about all the details about all sorts of swords and weapons, incredibly good at killing rats so they don't ask too many questions.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

roxxor5678 posted:

No elf has ever survived a round, it cannot be done!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I've been saying it the whole time, but Blood Dragon Murderhobo. Just a dude dressed like he just arrived here from Bloodborne, no real social graces to speak of, won't shut up about all the details about all sorts of swords and weapons, incredibly good at killing rats so they don't ask too many questions.
This, Sea Guard, and a halberd for Kruber are pretty high on my list of things I want to see before I die.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
The DLC orc character will be extra big and super good at chopping stuff up, but will have friendly melee damage enabled all the time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ravenfood posted:

This, Sea Guard, and a halberd for Kruber are pretty high on my list of things I want to see before I die.

If we get a Sea Guard (and I would like one) he or she needs to spend a lot of time making GBS threads on Kerillian for being the elf equivalent of an inbred backwoods survivalist hick.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Night10194 posted:

If we get a Sea Guard (and I would like one) he or she needs to spend a lot of time making GBS threads on Kerillian for being the elf equivalent of an inbred backwoods survivalist hick.

And it turns out lumberfoot is considered a SUPER offensive term for humans that only elves from fantasy Alabama would say out loud

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

MoreLikeTen posted:

And it turns out lumberfoot is considered a SUPER offensive term for humans that only elves from fantasy Alabama would say out loud

Yeah the elf uses a lot of ethnic slurs and casual racism.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the elf is basically the crows from dumbo

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

the elf is basically the crows from dumbo

Someone put it best in the thread, a ways back: She's an elven 13 year old screaming racial slurs into a mic on XBOX live while talking about how she's a totally sick MLG pro sniper and using a lovely aimbot bow. That is why she is hilarious.

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

I find Kerillian very entertaining. Sometimes she playfully teases the others, and you can tell that the voice actor is smiling as she says "Almost a hint of finesse in that kill" or "Your city is literally built on excrement!" Other times she is just being a meangirl.

I would love to watch her bicker with a High Elf about abandoning their culture for decadence, while the High Elf chides her for being primitive.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Kerillian is a colossal bitch more often than not, the "literally built on excrement" comment is not playful at all, it's basically her being a total racist again and not getting how anyone who is not an elf can deal with the whole "not being an elf" thing.

Which I still find hugely entertaining, do not nerf the elf please, but let's be real, she has no real regard for anyone else there and if it weren't literally the end of the world she probably would get eviscerated for the billionth lumberfoot/mayfly combo comment.

Probably the bright wizard that snaps and does it though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Anytime I try to play the elf I usually have to stop after one game because I hate her so goddamn much and just wish I was someone else every time she says anything. Every single comment including the teammate compliments has to include some dumbass arrogant fake slur. If it was possible I'd look into replacing most of her voice clips with a foghorn, leaving ones with a "lumberfoot" intact except for that word.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Anytime I try to play the elf I usually have to stop after one game because I hate her so goddamn much and just wish I was someone else every time she says anything. Every single comment including the teammate compliments has to include some dumbass arrogant fake slur. If it was possible I'd look into replacing most of her voice clips with a foghorn, leaving ones with a "lumberfoot" intact except for that word.

Could really use a "I replaced every (elf) sound in Vermintide with the Tim Allen grunt" mod.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
It's sometimes really funny how inappropriate her comments are (or how over the top arrogant she can be, depending how you look at it). I saved a bot elf once from a hookrat, and she immediately criticizes me saying "she'd have killed him faster".

It's also fun to then purposefully leave the elf behind at the mission end.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

StringOfLetters posted:

The DLC orc character will be extra big and super good at chopping stuff up, but will have friendly melee damage enabled all the time.

But that wouldn't really balance well. I'd give the Orc lots of high speed armor piercing attacks to show how pissed he is, and maybe his secondary is going berserk. Keep the abuse on the partners however. If a character is downed, the Orc kicks them hard to wake them up rather than helping them to their feet.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Arcsquad12 posted:

But that wouldn't really balance well. I'd give the Orc lots of high speed armor piercing attacks to show how pissed he is, and maybe his secondary is going berserk. Keep the abuse on the partners however. If a character is downed, the Orc kicks them hard to wake them up rather than helping them to their feet.

Instead of helping people up it should just do damage to make them bleed out faster, except show you a meter like you're helping them up. THAT'S JUS' WOT BOYZ DO

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

If it was possible I'd look into replacing most of her voice clips with a foghorn, leaving ones with a "lumberfoot" intact except for that word.
okay this sounds hysterical

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Yeah, high elves are classy. It'd be funny to see one be taken aback by how obviously insulting Kerillian is being.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Yeah, high elves are classy. It'd be funny to see one be taken aback by how obviously insulting Kerillian is being.
While agreeing with everything she says.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

While agreeing with everything she says.

"It's rude to tell the barely sentient ape creatures how dumb they are Kerillian. Let them have their fun."

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Good shot...for a lumberFWEEEEEEEWW :yarg:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Grondoth posted:

High Elves believe the same things wood elves do about people, they're just way more polite about it.

Really, the elf scale is: "Racist arrogant shitheads who try not to say it while still helping to ruin everything by being shitheads." "Racist arrogant backwoods shitheads who eat children and screw around with the French." and "Racist arrogant shitheads who are also endless slavers and torturers because it's the logical extension of everything elf."

I love Warhams elfs.

E: Also the 'YOUR CITY IS BUILT ON EXCREMENT!?' line is a thing because elves don't do that. Ever. It's why they never invented gunpowder.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Wait, they don't poop?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Wait, they don't poop?

Warhams Elves do not poop nor piss. Ever. They're too good for it.

Typical loving elves.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

lol if you don't know that elf droppings are the world's best manure.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
And what does pooping, or not pooping, have to do with gunpowder?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Trudis posted:

You can use urine to make one of the major ingredients in gunpowder.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Trudis posted:

You poop in a hole, then you pee on it for a while, then you mix it with water and then take the crystals that come out, add some sulfur and charcoal and you get gunpowder.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Trudis posted:

:science: It's not poop that's important, it's piss. The nitrogen in urine can be used to create potassium nitrate, which is the major component of gunpowder.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Human waste had been used as a component in the manufacturing of saltpeter (a primary ingredient in gunpowder) for centuries prior to the invention of smokeless powder.

e: f,b by a whole shitload of people

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If you want to do it yourself, here are the instructions

http://docsouth.unc.edu/imls/lecontesalt/leconte.html

quote:

First prepare a floor of well-rammed clay; on this place a layer of common soil, mixed with broken old mortar or ashes, six or eight inches thick; then a layer of vegetable matter -- straw, leaves, rank weeds, &c. then a layer of animal matter, dung, flesh, skin, scrapings of drains, sinks, &c. then another layer of mixed earth and mortar or ashes, and so on until a heap six feet high is made.

The whole is then covered by a rough shed to protect from weather, and perhaps protected on the sides in some degree from winds. The heap is watered every week with the richest kinds of liquid manure, such as urine, dung-water, water of privies, cess-pools, drains, &c.

As the heap ripens, the nitre is brought to the surface by evaporation, and appears as a whitish efflorescence, detectible by the taste.

I forgot to mention that you gotta lick it to make sure it's done right

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Lemming posted:

I forgot to mention that you gotta lick it to make sure it's done right

:lol: if you aren't tasting your piss by default already. You've been here since 2008 and you don't know this by now? :drat:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Do I suck, or are the two handed weapons kind of bad for the Soldier? They are so slow to swing I seems to get swarmed every fight and nearly torn appart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The sword for him is great, the hammer is a little sketchy just because you need charge attacks to do what most weapons do with normal attacks.

• Locked thread