Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

I never thought I would say this.

Dan Slott is crushing it on this book right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I never thought I would say this.

Dan Slott is crushing it on this book right now.

Yup, that a was perfect issue of Spider-Man adventures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Yup, that a was perfect issue of Spider-Man adventures.

Three in a row actually. Is he back on his meds or something?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Spider-Man and Human Torch is one of the few relationships that Slott gets.

I'm...intrigued by Harry. But it really isn't setting well with me unless there's some mind control or something going on. Harry is too smart to be fooled by "Spidey's a body guard". Hell, so is Jonah.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Based on how he's written him in the past, I don't think Slott has much use for Jonah as anything but a cartoon.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
People thought Iron Man was Tony Stark's bodyguard for thirty years

secret identities is just part of the superhero comic buy-in

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Osborns knowing Pete's secret ID was one of my favorite thing about comics.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

For some reason it reminds me of Norman getting amnesia in Amazing #41, and Peter having to live, knowing Norman could remember everything at any moment. That was some great drama.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It just dawned on me that Peter is basically trying to be like a good Norman Osbourne. Got too tied up in the Stark comparisons, I suppose.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Spider-Woman by Hopeless and Rodriguez status: Still owns.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Huh, is she going to be in Web Warriors too? Jessica just goes to Gwen's dimension for coffee in one panel. Or is this a hint that the ending of Secret Wars is going to make it real easy for heroes to traverse dimensions on a whim?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Argue posted:

Huh, is she going to be in Web Warriors too? Jessica just goes to Gwen's dimension for coffee in one panel. Or is this a hint that the ending of Secret Wars is going to make it real easy for heroes to traverse dimensions on a whim?

Ugh, seriously? Anyone remember when Spider-Man books were street-level? I can accept Web Warriors, but by having people cross over from 616 to 65 (that's the Gwen-verse, right?) on a regular basis you completely undermine everything that made Gwen's book unique. It's like how they use to say that a crossover with the Ultimate universe would officially mark the point Marvel had run out of ideas.

Plus I'm seriously iffy on the whole 'fighting crime while 8 months pregnant' thing. I get it's supposed to be empowering, but basic logic suggests that's a goddamn terrible idea. Like, 'total disregard for the life of the baby' terrible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Argue posted:

I think it's just easy for the Spider-people because of Karn.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Plus I'm seriously iffy on the whole 'fighting crime while 8 months pregnant' thing. I get it's supposed to be empowering, but basic logic suggests that's a goddamn terrible idea. Like, 'total disregard for the life of the baby' terrible.

You should read the comic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't suppose there's any word on what is up with Kaine these days, huh?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Argue posted:

Spider Gwen and Spider Woman are having a team up in one of their books.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Die Laughing posted:

Spider Gwen and Spider Woman are having a team up in one of their books.

And that Spider-Women crossover with them and Silk

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Yvonmukluk posted:

Literally the first scene of the book is Jessica watching Porcupine fight some super villains while she's in the distance watching through binoculars and bemoaning the fact that she no longer fights crime because she's pregnant.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Ugh, seriously? Anyone remember when Spider-Man books were street-level? I can accept Web Warriors, but by having people cross over from 616 to 65 (that's the Gwen-verse, right?) on a regular basis you completely undermine everything that made Gwen's book unique. It's like how they use to say that a crossover with the Ultimate universe would officially mark the point Marvel had run out of ideas.

This entire post is just terrible. Maybe don't comment on books you haven't read because it makes you look dumb.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

team overhead smash posted:

Literally the first scene of the book is Jessica watching Porcupine fight some super villains while she's in the distance watching through binoculars and bemoaning the fact that she no longer fights crime because she's pregnant.

And one of the scenes after that is her pulling up her shirt to reveal she's wearing some kind of baby-shield alien armor she got from Carol, which I thought was kind of weird but cool.

brosef
Jan 19, 2009
Spider-Woman #1 reminded me too much of Avengers 200, especially the whole "I never wanted children/Things change" page. Obviously it won't be anywhere near that bad, but I still think I'll wait for the explanation before I pick it back up.

... Maybe Jim Shooter just ruined all pregnancy storylines involving Carol Danvers for me. :shrug:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean

it's been eight months

she probably had sex with a guy and got pregnant

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
When has a comicbook main character's pregnancy been that simple?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SirDan3k posted:

Catwoman

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SirDan3k posted:

Wasn't infant Dani Cage hinted at being a Skrull during Secret Invasion and then they never, ever brought that up again (though Jessica Jones actual pregnancy didn't have any major issues).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wasn't that a big mystery where it was implied to be Batman until we found out it was Slam Bradley (or Slam Bradley's son, I forget.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't that a big mystery where it was implied to be Batman until we found out it was Slam Bradley (or Slam Bradley's son, I forget.)

I don't think it was a big mystery. It was resolved pretty fast.

Either way it was a pretty standard-rear end pregnancy.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

No one needs to make an rear end pregnancy joke. We all thought of them when we read that. The jokes have been made, in our imaginations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

rear end pregnancy? Wasn't that a plot point from that Frankie Boyle/Mark Millar comic?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I mean

it's been eight months

she probably had sex with a guy and got pregnant

I'm pretty amused that they came up with the most tasteless way for Stark to ask and it was entirely in-character. I mean, "Do you know who the father is?" is not a totally unreasonable question in their circle, but it's also one of the more offensive things you could ask.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ImpAtom posted:

I don't suppose there's any word on what is up with Kaine these days, huh?

He may or may not have become The Other even harder at the end of Spider-verse the event and that's it.

We'll never get that Aztec Gods storyline :smith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

team overhead smash posted:

Wanderer posted:

And one of the scenes after that is her pulling up her shirt to reveal she's wearing some kind of baby-shield alien armor she got from Carol, which I thought was kind of weird but cool.
OK, my bad. But honestly the promo material I saw never bothered to explain that.

X-O posted:

This entire post is just terrible. Maybe don't comment on books you haven't read because it makes you look dumb.
I'm sorry that stating that I think 'superheroine gets pregnant and still apparently runs around in costume' sounds like a stupid idea to me on the face of it. Now other people have pointed out that's not how it works in the actual book, but I had no way of knowing that without buying a book I'm not interested in in the first place, literally the only information I had was the cover. Why so hostile?

brosef posted:

Spider-Woman #1 reminded me too much of Avengers 200, especially the whole "I never wanted children/Things change" page. Obviously it won't be anywhere near that bad, but I still think I'll wait for the explanation before I pick it back up.

... Maybe Jim Shooter just ruined all pregnancy storylines involving Carol Danvers for me. :shrug:
Yeah, I think that's the same for me. Well that and MJ's miscarriage in Amazing (I wanted to read about the Spectacular Spider-Dad. Instead we got the reboot :smith:).

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He may or may not have become The Other even harder at the end of Spider-verse the event and that's it.

We'll never get that Aztec Gods storyline :smith:
Wasn't his survival just that Dan Slott didn't want to be the guy who killed Kaine (but he was apparently fine being the guy who killed the Amazing Friends & House Adverts Spider-Man)? you'd think somebody would have figured out what to do with him by now.

I think the next time we see Aracely she's probably going to either be a background character with no lines or killed off unceremoniously.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think the next time we see Aracely she's probably going to either be a background character with no lines or killed off unceremoniously.

Yeah, I'm waiting for "Speedball goes crazy and murders the New Warriors just in time for Civil War: The FIlm" or something.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I'm waiting for "Speedball goes crazy and murders the New Warriors just in time for Civil War: The FIlm" or something.

You mean for Civil War 2: 2 Civil 2 War.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You mean Civil War 2: The Third One: Prequel to Captain America: Civil War

ImpAtom posted:

Man, it really must suck for them that Nova went ahead to join the Avengers and grumpy ol' Kaine is gone. Namorita is also doing something else in ANAD, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Night Thrasher is in an upcoming issue of Contest of Champions, I think.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

X-O posted:

This entire post is just terrible.

All his posts are terrible.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

You mean for Civil War 2: 2 Civil 2 War.

Civil War 2: Electro Boogaloo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Silk continues to be pretty delightful. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I should pick that book up sometime.

• Locked thread