Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Guys...I love Cam Newton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

N: Blaine Gabbert just showed up for his mid-week press conference, and not a single person was in the room. No camera people, no reporters, no 49er PR staff.

V: Sounds about right.

YESSSSSS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Guys...I love Cam Newton

eh

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Coldforge posted:

N: Blaine Gabbert just showed up for his mid-week press conference, and not a single person was in the room. No camera people, no reporters, no 49er PR staff.

im cumming

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ray-Ray crossing the Bay-Bay to play-play for Jimmy Tay-Tay.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Coldforge posted:

This is almost as sad and funny as RG3 kicking punts and retrieving them by himself. Almost.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Video of it happening (sounds like the camera guy was still there, after all):

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/gabbert-arrives-empty-media-room-ill-be-one-asking-questions

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
What kind of sick person do you have to be to want to style on Blaine Gabbert of all people on Thanksgiving week? Leave the poor man alone, whoever did this cruel prank!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
In other weird 49er news, they have effectively swapped Aldon Smith for Ray-Ray Armstrong with the Raiders, as they just claimed the later off waivers.

Hopefully his dog taunting isn't a serial problem.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It takes a lot for me to feel pity for a Niner but here we are

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Coldforge posted:

Video of it happening (sounds like the camera guy was still there, after all):

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/gabbert-arrives-empty-media-room-ill-be-one-asking-questions

Ah well poo poo, it was a miss timing thing. I wish I wouldn't of watched it and lived my life assuming nobody wants to hear what Gabbert has to say.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Thaddius the Large posted:

This reminded me of former NFL "prospect" Darron Thomas, and I decided to check up on how he's doing; still hasn't regained the starting role for the Portland Thunder. Lol

Hey, you just don't go away from the starting QB who has brought you to the playoffs for two straight seasons on a whim...even if both of those seasons yielded 5-13 records...and you only got in the first year because 3 other teams sucked worse than you...and in the second year due to two teams folding mid-season...look, I got morbidly curious and looked this up, OK?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Parmesan Basil posted:

What kind of sick person do you have to be to want to style on Blaine Gabbert of all people on Thanksgiving week? Leave the poor man alone, whoever did this cruel prank!
No, keep going

Bad Moon posted:

It takes a lot for me to feel pity for a Niner but here we are
You shouldn't feel pity for him at all

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The 49ers' staff is just trying to see if it can get away with not inviting the media in anticipation of all future Jed York press conferences.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Mars Hill stand out D Good probably going to play Sunday so Grigson can have hope of looking like the draft master. Famous for the NFL announcer butchering Mars Hill into Marshall and sending reporters who had to cover round 7 into a frenzy as something actually happened in round 7 they could report.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

King Hong Kong posted:

The 49ers' staff is just trying to see if it can get away with not inviting the media in anticipation of all future Jed York press conferences.

I can totally see York pulling a Snyder, creating his own Niners Broadcast network to spread propaganda.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Athanatos posted:

Ah well poo poo, it was a miss timing thing. I wish I wouldn't of watched it and lived my life assuming nobody wants to hear what Gabbert has to say.

@MBachCSN
As far as Gabbert, he showed up on time. The #49ers did not list him on today's schedule so the media didn't know.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Elephanthead posted:

Mars Hill stand out D Good probably going to play Sunday so Grigson can have hope of looking like the draft master. Famous for the NFL announcer butchering Mars Hill into Marshall and sending reporters who had to cover round 7 into a frenzy as something actually happened in round 7 they could report.

Pagano called him a "Dancing Bear" today, so we have a dancing bear at RT for this game. While bears are fearsome, every dancing bear that I've seen is very vulnerable to spin moves.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

King Hong Kong posted:

:lol: if Jed ever voluntarily shows his face again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Someone's gotta announce Tomsula's release in January

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

He actually did just do an interview thing where he endorsed the use of medicinal marijuana in the NFL :shrug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Gabbert should have stood up there and read turkey recipes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

He actually did just do an interview thing where he endorsed the use of medicinal marijuana in the NFL :shrug:

Jed York is the best owner in the game. :allears:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Coldforge posted:

This Week in Startups web series isn't exactly facing the music for his bullshit.

Oh and Trent and Paraag Maraathe are doing the Tomsula firing press conference without Jed, book it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Jason Kelce is limping on a bad knee and is questionable tomorrow. Peters is probable. Bradford questionable. Sanchez probably starts. Ertz and Ryan Mathews are out

:rip: protein shakes

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I really wish Gabbert had started taking turns asking questions and giving answers.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

NC-17 posted:

I really wish Gabbert had started taking turns asking questions and giving answers.

Eh, it's been done.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Apparently Bart Starr is gonna be out on the field for Favre's retirement ceremony tomorrow.

I thought he was dead

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Spoeank posted:

This Week in Startups web series isn't exactly facing the music for his bullshit.

Oh and Trent and Paraag Maraathe are doing the Tomsula firing press conference without Jed, book it.
But will they read a written statement from York? That is the question.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ross Angeles posted:

Apparently Bart Starr is gonna be out on the field for Favre's retirement ceremony tomorrow.

I thought he was dead

Old football player? Just brain dead.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ross Angeles posted:

I thought he was dead

He was pretty close last year. Isnt that why they postponed it because Favre wanted him to be there but Starr was in hospital.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Yeah

Remember that one time we thought nobody showed up to an Eli presser

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Does Starr even know who Favre is?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Gifford seemed ok whenever I saw him speak. He helped write a book about the 1958 NFL Championship game vs the Colts and did a book tour and everything and seemed totally with it.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

JFF after a one week bender

Finally an NFL version of this

https://youtu.be/1Qb-2KSKByg?t=1m52s

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

davecrazy posted:

Gifford seemed ok whenever I saw him speak. He helped write a book about the 1958 NFL Championship game vs the Colts and did a book tour and everything and seemed totally with it.

He seemed more with it than Dierdorf back on MNF. Not that that necessarily means anything since Dierdorf probably has CTE too.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

This is almost as sad and funny as RG3 kicking punts and retrieving them by himself. Almost.

What I wouldn't give to have that in .gif form, to watch forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

FizFashizzle posted:

If you missed those three dudes just making GBS threads all over the Bills and Jags one game, I don't know what to tell you.
The Jags guy melting down over Gerhart failing to get in the end zone 4 times in a row was probably the highlight of the season.

• Locked thread