Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

boom boom boom posted:

Maybe they don't want to start the Christmas even on Thanksgiving.

gently caress, its like they aren't even American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

squidflakes posted:

gently caress, its like they aren't even American.

I hate how early stores start setting out Christmas decorations. I miss old-fashioned Black Friday celebrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Space Flower posted:

The PV was cute. Did NicoNico stop bullying her yet?

What's this about?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

What's this about?

The main reaction to the original advert (see the first 15 seconds of the below video) for the Girlfriend (Beta) mobile gacha game was 'ha ha, Chloe Lemaire says her name in a funny way' leading to so many meme videos it was worth making a 'top 50 Chloe Lemaire videos' ranking video (nws in parts)

I think most people got it out of their system then, though there was a smaller reaction to her saying 'Chloe Lemaire desu yo' in the anime.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a quick way to see if if I've idolized a particular 1-star before?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Depends on the version. JP has little markers on your cards now, I think, but for EN, you'll just have to seek her in the Album and check if the idolized form is available to view.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

graybook posted:

Depends on the version. JP has little markers on your cards now, I think, but for EN, you'll just have to seek her in the Album and check if the idolized form is available to view.

I should get over my fear of moonrunes and get the JP version one of these days.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

The main reaction to the original advert (see the first 15 seconds of the below video) for the Girlfriend (Beta) mobile gacha game was 'ha ha, Chloe Lemaire says her name in a funny way' leading to so many meme videos it was worth making a 'top 50 Chloe Lemaire videos' ranking video (nws in parts)

I think most people got it out of their system then, though there was a smaller reaction to her saying 'Chloe Lemaire desu yo' in the anime.

Wow, I haven't seen one of those hitler remakes in ages~ Also am I crazy or was the no.1 ranked one literally the commercial?

Sarrisan posted:

Is there a quick way to see if if I've idolized a particular 1-star before?

For the EN version, the least painful way is having a second one. When you go to special practice them, if the result is displayed, rather than an outline, you have already done it. Otherwise, you have to dig through that album and check that way, which is miserable.

Why even give the cards numbers if they're only in the damned album you can't even filter by type?

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Zenostein posted:

For the EN version, the least painful way is having a second one. When you go to special practice them, if the result is displayed, rather than an outline, you have already done it. Otherwise, you have to dig through that album and check that way, which is miserable.

Why even give the cards numbers if they're only in the damned album you can't even filter by type?

This is my current method, which aint great because I'm trying to clear space in my inventory. Got like 5000 friend points but I'm too drat arsed to use them due to the menu switching of pull > special practice > practice > pull > etc ad infinitum.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
The thing is, I tend to dump my friend points for random pulls since I play this game for maximum idolized form (and I have pulled a decent amount of rares from friend points, and fuel for the SR/R idolized forms otherwise (So close for the snow Halation setup)

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Just pulled an SSR Rin in deresute, gently caress yes.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Wow, I haven't seen one of those hitler remakes in ages~ Also am I crazy or was the no.1 ranked one literally the commercial?

Yeah, they just included every video with the right tags so unsurprisingly that was the most watched/commented/mylisted one.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
This event is doing a great job of showing me how garbage I am :(

What are my chances at the SR getting mostly 3rd and 4th place in hard mode matches?

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Last score match I spent around threw stones to make sure I'd get the points for one copy of the card. I didn't care about tiering for a second copy so can't help you there.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sarrisan posted:

What are my chances at the SR getting mostly 3rd and 4th place in hard mode matches?

if you're reasonably good at not wasting LP, pretty decent. No matter what, don't spend any loveca until the last day of the event. That'll keep you from spending any unnecessarily, and you're gonna level up during the event, so loveca at the end will get you more LP than it will now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just did a scorematch against a guy named Egoraptor. Isn't that a goon?

kicked his butt

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
maybe, maybe not, since I think someone can have the same display name as someone else. I think.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Sarrisan posted:

You can generally get a first copy of the SR in an event by playing competently on hard difficulty and using all of your LP. Since this event is shorter than average, you may need to spend a couple of gems at the end to make up for time lost while you sleep/work. The cutoff for the second SR usually requires about twice as many points on EN, though some events were significantly more competitive.

If your average result is 4th place and S rank score (196 pts / 15 LP), then you need to spend 1,920 LP to get the first SR at 25,000 points. This is exactly 8 days of accrual (1 LP / 6 minutes = 240 LP / 1 day), which coincidentally matches the length of the event (at 7 days, 23 hours). You will rank up at least once in the process, which provides some additional buffer. This calculation ignores any additional LP that you had at the start of the event.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

I hope everyone's ready for 3D Chloe Lemaire, coming this 1st December

e: I guess the concept is School Idol Festival National Student Dance Battle Royale, they even have rival schools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53Ym8_tqOo&t=644 hmm, SIF touch layout but also with a 3D character model dancing. Also their 'miss' rating is: Σ(- -);

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I've been playing Derestage very lightly, and was surprised when I reached 2500 star gem crystal things.

And then this happened.

Does this game hate me, or love me? I can't tell.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Welcome to the bad pulls club

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The game thinks you could do a better job brushing, I think.

e. Speaking of scouting, does it seriously not let you have over 10k heart points? It refused to accept any more from my present box until I'd used some. What a strange restriction.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 28, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

e. Speaking of scouting, does it seriously not let you have over 10k heart points? It refused to accept any more from my present box until I'd used some. What a strange restriction.

Everything else is limited, so I'm not really surprised. At least you can burn them off relatively easily, hopefully getting 9999 of any of the special lesson items will continue to be a very long way off.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Just Ranko and Koume hanging out and being cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w50F8OghsuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpjBMJN1pM8

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

>New SSRs: Anya and Bomber

"Oh my god, it's finally time, I will get my second SSR today!"

Roll the 10 pull, actually pull an SSR.

"OHHHHHHH-"

"-OUAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhh......"

I can't believe this game managed to break me over actually getting an SSR

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm getting the impression that Namco Bandai has really really really low drop rates for their ultra-rares in all their gatcha games.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Akane is alright i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHrBZMCd3XU

moondabor
Oct 23, 2003

Nyoro~n MUSASHI
Save me from idol hell

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

I'm getting the impression that Namco Bandai has really really really low drop rates for their ultra-rares in all their gatcha games.

It says it's 1.5%, which is pretty weak odds when you're saving up 2500 star jewels over a period of weeks but probably not so bad if you're paying them money.

moondabor posted:

Save me from idol hell

Are those posters SSR rewards? You can't be doing too badly. Also your room's a lot tidier than mine, I hate putting all the cool stuff away.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I got an SR of the same girl yesterday in my ten pull.....

I only have 4 SR. Uuuuuuuuugh

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I'm suddenly sad I decided not to go for the Kotori on EN right now and I don't have enough love gems to revert my decision. Oh well. Next time.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

It says it's 1.5%, which is pretty weak odds when you're saving up 2500 star jewels over a period of weeks but probably not so bad if you're paying them money.

Are those posters SSR rewards? You can't be doing too badly. Also your room's a lot tidier than mine, I hate putting all the cool stuff away.

The showcase ssrs have a higher chance

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It strikes me that I have drawn as many SSRs in IM@S as I have in SIF, and I'm pretty sure I've been playing that since its english release… So surely the SSR rate can't be that bad, although it does help that you can't roll 10 and just get 10 R's, I guess.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Double love gem days feel good.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Actually played in JP for the first time since the last event ended, and I gotta say, I'm not entirely comfortable with so many non-μ's songs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Actually played in JP for the first time since the last event ended, and I gotta say, I'm not entirely comfortable with so many non-μ's songs.

How many non Muse songs are there in the game anyways?

Last time I checked there were like 2 - Private Wars and one of the Aquors ones. Is Shocking Party finally available?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't think Shocking Party is in yet, or if it is, I haven't seen it. There's a new Aquors song on there now (we had one before, right?).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't think Shocking Party is in yet, or if it is, I haven't seen it. There's a new Aquors song on there now (we had one before, right?).

Yeah, they threw up on Aquors song like a month or so back, I think.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's strange to me that they've never properly released an A-Rise single. I guess they're trying to not dilute their brand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They are anime-only, so I guess they're not that important. Only 2 songs anyways.

2 hella good songs.