Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Not advised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I like myself I just hate the things I do sometimes. :drum:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Actually it's realistic expectations and the desire to be happy hth

Authorman posted:

A superhuman level of ego suppression and hanging around fun and motivated people imo.
Nah. Bravado.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
realtalk diqnol is right nobody else is so far, only toss in some helpful therapy and/or prayer too

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Ecco's wrong, actually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
do normal people realize how boring they are and that is why they are so miserable

too bad they ain't me :c00lbert:
*suffers sudden panic attack playing mini metro*

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Boring is in the eye of the beholder. For example, I find you incredibly boring, Capps.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Asiina posted:

Online ordering is a godsend.

I have all kinds of anxiety with ordering food though. If I order food from somewhere and they in some way recognize me or my order, I will never go there again.

Even when I ordered out all the time, I'd make sure I never ordered from the same place more often than 3 weeks apart in case they thought I was ordering too often and judged me.

Yes I am completely aware of how ridiculous this is.

if it's any consolation, you're not alone. i'm pretty much exactly like this.

i don't eat very healthy. but i'm like 110lbs so my brain tells me it doesn't matter at the moment (though it will 20 years down the line when i get all the cancers), and i just really hate being judged regarding food. and i get that irrational fear that they'll be like 'again? seriously?' even though i know intellectually that they don't really give a poo poo.

it's also why i prefer to eat lunch alone at work. partially because it's quiet, and partially so the older ladies don't make more food related comments. like, you're my coworkers. in fact, i'm your team lead. not your kid.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Boring is in the eye of the beholder.

nah boring is pretty nonobjective

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its like how time actually physically exists

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Adus posted:

i don't eat very healthy. but i'm like 110lbs so my brain tells me it doesn't matter at the moment (though it will 20 years down the line when i get all the cancers), and i just really hate being judged regarding food. and i get that irrational fear that they'll be like 'again? seriously?' even though i know intellectually that they don't really give a poo poo.

it's also why i prefer to eat lunch alone at work. partially because it's quiet, and partially so the older ladies don't make more food related comments. like, you're my coworkers. in fact, i'm your team lead. not your kid.

I eat a loooooooot (I am a big dude with a physically active job and a lot of super active hobbies) and sometimes I'll just down a big lunch. If people comment (assuming they don't have a friendly banter relationship). It's annoying. People can kind of gently caress off and mind their own.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

mr.capps posted:

nah boring is pretty nonobjective

Why are you simultaneously agreeing and disagreeing with me

What the heck.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Adus posted:

I'm a big guy working to lose weight. I eat 5 times durin my workday, but really small meals (around 150 calories per meal) and the amount of times I've heard "is that really all you eat" gets old real fast

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I simultaneously like and dislike most mafia people.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Immersion therapy, friends

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Tip #1 to learning not to hate yourself: Bravado.

So much goddamn bravado.

You're only half kidding. But the key is self-confidence. And the key to that is realizing you have no one else to count on but yourself, and you can't very well let yourself down so everything you do is clearly great! I don't know but it's more or less the main belief that keeps me running.

People that eat a lot impress me. I can't eat that much. It's just cool. I have a co-worker who is like 20 and while she's a tall girl she's in good shape. She eats like 5 men and I love it. I made a NY style cheesecake once for work and she ate half of that thick fucker on her own. Feeding people that eat like that is a cook's greatest pleasure imo.

Join me at https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus and play your favorite bass-centric songs. Or talk to me. Whatever.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

"Wow, this fat chick is ordering not healthy food for herself again, what a hog beast."

I have a lot of body image issues.

It's getting better though.

I think we might be the same person.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

I simultaneously like and dislike most mafia people.

So we're your frenemies?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So we're your frenemies?

more like acquaintantagonists.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i love it when food joints recognise me. I used to eat portuguese chicken (Oportos) with extra chilli like every day, and i ate it so much the manager started giving me staff discount.

Now i'm older and slightly less athletic i have to fall back on the vietnamese place remembering my name when i get a banh mi every loving single day.
my goal in life is to be on first name basis with every banh mi bakery in the CBD.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CBD? The... Centralized Bakery District?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This seems appropriate for this thread:

Secret Hitler

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

100YrsofAttitude posted:

CBD? The... Centralized Bakery District?

mmmm delicious urbanity.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

i love it when food joints recognise me. I used to eat portuguese chicken (Oportos) with extra chilli like every day, and i ate it so much the manager started giving me staff discount.

Now i'm older and slightly less athletic i have to fall back on the vietnamese place remembering my name when i get a banh mi every loving single day.
my goal in life is to be on first name basis with every banh mi bakery in the CBD.

Coriander bad.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Coriander bad.

on the other hand, coriander tastes great and you should eat it with everything.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

King Burgundy posted:

This seems appropriate for this thread:

Secret Hitler

this doesn't look good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its resistance with a few new bells and whistles, but i really think those bells and whistles are going to detract some of the diversity reistance ends up having. it is making itself more "gamey" in a way that is making it less of a game it seems to me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think secret hitler looks fun

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The Resistance, as reinvented by the Cards Against Humanity guy. Great.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's not a game unless there are Hitler jokes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

I think secret hitler looks fun

This is my take. But I just don't play in the size of groups I feel would make a game like this sing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll run a game on the forums and see how it goes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
do it on skype, its closer to resistance than mafia so it stands it will run better that way too

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mr.capps posted:

do it on skype, its closer to resistance than mafia so it stands it will run better that way too
yeah we could set that up

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
You gotta be careful when you play Secret Hitler, or else you might cut yourself on how loving edgey it is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the theme is pretty weak

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is it edgy though?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I read "the werewolf that game designers actually want to play" as "we put enough chancey mechanics in the game so everyone can have fun, not just the liars."

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Meinberg, you should check your PMs - your turn finally came up in the BTech LP thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3383329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Hello friends. Im about halfway through Jessica jones and holy moly is it good.

Also would anyone be interested in totinos pizza roll mafia