Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I didn't feel like posting in the dev thread since I'm not developing, but what all was changed in the layout for Lollipop+? All I noticed was colored nav/notification bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

You mean specifically for lollipop? Most stuff works on older versions of Android because of the support library. If you mean what changed in the material update, then drat son

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

hooah posted:

I didn't feel like posting in the dev thread since I'm not developing, but what all was changed in the layout for Lollipop+? All I noticed was colored nav/notification bars.

Yeah, that.

Good? Bad? Unnecessary? Wrong color?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Maybe unnecessary in that I don't care either way, but it might bother some people.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Sereri posted:

Good? Bad? Unnecessary? Wrong color?

I like it. Makes the screen appear bigger and roomier.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm not entirely sure if I'm in the beta or not (applied as a tester, thing said it should update Awful, checked the Google store and Awful had an update, not sure if that was simple coincidence), but I think the bottom navigation bar is a brighter shade of blue than the top one. It pulls my eye away from the posts/top bar.

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007
I wish I could at least toggle whether the notification bar took on the theme colors. Specifically because of this:

That's real hard on the eyes, and with the status bar and the top part of the app being blue only makes it worse. (I know, I could just use a different theme. But I don't want to!)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 20, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ohhh I see, secret extra changes out of nowhere!

Yeah when I played with the nav bar I had it using the same colours as the action bar, so it follows the theme. Themes are a bit wacky unfortunately, so the colours as they are don't always work in every situation (like for heading text in the settings)

e- wait I'm not even seeing this, what's the deal

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 20, 2015

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

baka kaba posted:

e- wait I'm not even seeing this, what's the deal

I made a new branch before compiling, haven't merged it into master or even pushed it to main.

The need to turn it off requires a different implementation anyway.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
This looks really nice now. Haven't tried any other themes than the default yet though.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
For people who want a black theme for OLEDs or whatever, here's mine again. I'm pretty sure everything works right.

e: goes in /awful on your sdcard/internal storage. Case sensitive.

ee: Superseded.

ArcMage fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 21, 2015

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I can't even remember if I'm on the beta or not. Probably be nice to have some indication in-app of that.

Today, I entered a YOSPOS thread from my bookmarks, and it didn't get the YOSPOS theme. Then the next several threads from my bookmarks, which was not in YOSPOS, did get the YOSPOS theme. After 2 or 3 threads, it fixed itself.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
I note that sometimes when I go to a yospos/byob thread from my bookmarks, the page I land on won't be in the appropriate theme, and it fixes itself when I load the next one.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That looks pretty ugly. Nav bar should be transparent with a gradient when you have a full-bleed image in the background (launchers, basically), or otherwise solid black.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ArcMage posted:

For people who want a black theme for OLEDs or whatever, here's mine again. I'm pretty sure everything works right.

Thanks for this, I remembered it from a while back but couldn't find it in the last thread.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

ArcMage posted:

Thanks for this. I don't know if it's just me but spoilers don't work for me

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i like tacos posted:

Thanks for this. I don't know if it's just me but spoilers don't work for me

Not just you. It turns the background black and toggles the background properly (try it on a read post, it's subtle but there) but the text stays white whether the spoiler is toggled or not.

This sentence is in a spoiler block.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Midjack posted:

Not just you. It turns the background black and toggles the background properly (try it on a read post, it's subtle but there) but the text stays white whether the spoiler is toggled or not.

This sentence is in a spoiler block.

Oh, balls.

Let me flail blindy for a bit.

e: I had it working but it didn't turn the text the correct color for read posts, and I decided it was good enough. I can't actually use CSS at all. :sigh:

eee: This should have functional spoilers, I tested it here. Tell me what you find.

eeeeeee: So, the .bbc_spoiler block previously in mine was identical to the block in the stock dark theme, but I had to add color: transparent; to the hidden state to make it work. I'm mystified.

ArcMage fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 21, 2015

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Sereri posted:

I made a new branch before compiling, haven't merged it into master or even pushed it to main.

The need to turn it off requires a different implementation anyway.

That'll be it then!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ArcMage posted:

Oh, balls.

Let me flail blindy for a bit.

e: I had it working but it didn't turn the text the correct color for read posts, and I decided it was good enough. I can't actually use CSS at all. :sigh:

eee: This should have functional spoilers, I tested it here. Tell me what you find.

eeeeeee: So, the .bbc_spoiler block previously in mine was identical to the block in the stock dark theme, but I had to add color: transparent; to the hidden state to make it work. I'm mystified.

Thanks for working on this.

Spoilers work but now the forum has a white background, as does the reply screen. Threads have dark backgrounds as they did before.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Out of curiosity, was there ever any plan to add notifications/badging to the app? I see it being useful for new PMs.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Out of curiosity, was there ever any plan to add notifications/badging to the app? I see it being useful for new PMs.

Do it like the iOS app and have the badge out of sync by about ten minutes with the list of messages.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Midjack posted:

Thanks for working on this.

Spoilers work but now the forum has a white background, as does the reply screen. Threads have dark backgrounds as they did before.

You need to make sure it's named something.dark.css so the app knows it's a dark theme.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ArcMage posted:

You need to make sure it's named something.dark.css so the app knows it's a dark theme.

That works now, thanks!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I was logged out and attempting to log in causes crashes. I've tried clearing local data and nothing changed.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I was logged out and attempting to log in causes crashes. I've tried clearing local data and nothing changed.

That's probably because of Lowtax messing with the server right now.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
Any chance there's a fix for the flash to white when first loading the app? It's terrible going from a dark-ish background/app launcher to bright white then back to my dark theme. Thanks.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
I have a request.

Image attachments are currently linked rather than displayed like other images. Would it be possible to show them inline like other images?

I'm using version 3.2.0.9b.

I attached a picture as an example.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Uh, what now?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Am I crazy, or did this app used to be able to be used for URL links to forums posts? Or is it just the Awful iOS app that does that??

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sereri posted:

Uh, what now?

Doesn't work for me, either. I just see a link to the attachment.

Edit: wtf, I just saw the link when I marked the post before Marta's, but when the thread reloaded after I posted, I see the attached image just fine.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Sereri posted:

Uh, what now?

I played with the settings to make sure I wasn't insane. It looks like "Hide old images" is why image attachments are displayed as links for me.

These were my settings:

I marked this page of the thread unread and scrolled down:

There is no option to show it inline like with the imgur link you posted.

Again, marking this page unread with "Hide old images" disabled:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yikes I'm seeing like some portal into the last thread I viewed there

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Honj Steak posted:

That's probably because of Lowtax messing with the server right now.

Nope, still going on. Tried reinstalling and nothing changed. Still crashes when trying to log in.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

notZaar posted:

Am I crazy, or did this app used to be able to be used for URL links to forums posts? Or is it just the Awful iOS app that does that??

Try clearing the 'open by default' associations for whatever app does open the links

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Nope, still going on. Tried reinstalling and nothing changed. Still crashes when trying to log in.

Are you on the beta version?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

My posts have stopped appearing in green and my av in the top left has changed back to my old one. Very strange

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I think I'm using the beta. I honestly don't know where to check.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Oh I see ya. That should be fixed, either in beta now or soon. I don't really know how you can tell if you're on beta, that's Sereri's jam

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it until you get the fix, some networking stuff had to be replaced and it caused that behaviour

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Maybe I'm just dense (probably) but I'm not seeing a way to browse to any forums that are two levels deep. The main forums and sub forums are fine, but anything further is just not there, unless you happen to have a bookmarked thread already in one of those forums, in which case you can go there and then up from it to reach the sub sub forum in question.

Not on a beta version, just the play store version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

BobTheJanitor posted:

Maybe I'm just dense (probably) but I'm not seeing a way to browse to any forums that are two levels deep. The main forums and sub forums are fine, but anything further is just not there, unless you happen to have a bookmarked thread already in one of those forums, in which case you can go there and then up from it to reach the sub sub forum in question.

Not on a beta version, just the play store version.

Tap the little arrow on the left of the main forum in the forums listing.