Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its like a really simple pattern that he figured out and he spends 30+ minutes racking up his score saying absolutely nothing and then he like snaps back into reality and looks around for a bit and is genuinely sad about ending the run so he could move onto more games. Its incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lol. Rorie is epic because he always sounds like he's the first person who lost interest in what he was saying by the end of his sentences.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Its like a really simple pattern that he figured out and he spends 30+ minutes racking up his score saying absolutely nothing and then he like snaps back into reality and looks around for a bit and is genuinely sad about ending the run so he could move onto more games. Its incredible

That's epic about the Game Room videos and part of me wishes he had a cam on him at the time but then, there's some magic in not seeing his face while he's zooming around his arcade looking for xbox avatars in a T-pose that he wouldn't necessarily laugh out loud about but hell he seemed to really like that feature.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It was weird when rorie was talking WoW a few weeks back because it's a bunch of guys who do literally nothing but live and breath video games and rorie has to explain WoW stuff to them in the same terms he'd have to use with his parents

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus I like to live vicariously through people who get to spend time alone in a dimly lit office while everyone else is enjoying there family's company since that's always been a fascination of mine, since childhood. Though I never worked in an office so it had to be when my dad or mom was working at those times and brung me with them.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

It was weird when rorie was talking WoW a few weeks back because it's a bunch of guys who do literally nothing but live and breath video games and rorie has to explain WoW stuff to them in the same terms he'd have to use with his parents

that's because nobody worth talking to spent more than a month playing it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

IIRC none of those guys except Dan has played the game since burning crusade and they've added crap that needs to be explained, frankly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
does rorie play any games besides wow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

he played mgsv

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

i remember he sounded pretty informed about Dark Souls during the times Vinny was playing it but then it turns out he never actually beat the game and i sighed thinking "he's one of those people"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

that's because nobody worth talking to spent more than a month playing it

They all were really into it at one time I thought. I just think it's interesting that the game keeps chugging along and almost no one on the staff gives a poo poo enough to even know they have like, cosmetic gear slots.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IIRC he beat Demon Souls 2 or 3 times or something, going by him watching Brad play it. 'Twas the same series that Drew off camera said, "All your souls are belong to you, Brad" a few seconds after Brad did an impression of uhh the cop or something from South Park.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

They all were really into it at one time I thought. I just think it's interesting that the game keeps chugging along and almost no one on the staff gives a poo poo enough to even know they have like, cosmetic gear slots.

Brad has mentioned that he spent like 5 months straight doing nothing but playing vanilla wow, even staying at the Gamespot office overweekends to play with the coworkers and just straight chill, and he also has mentioned that he never got past like 45 or something. so he must have been insane.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I dare you to explain to any friend you have who games but doesn't play WoW what "Transmogrification" means in the context of a MMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or rather... Just mention it to them in passing but don't explain it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

He explained the concept of cosmetic gear and Brads like huh ok. I'm not criticizing them or whatever you seem to think I'm doing I just found it surprising that this group of ubernerds have collectively avoided WoW for like half a decade.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

He explained the concept of cosmetic gear and Brads like huh ok. I'm not criticizing them or whatever you seem to think I'm doing I just found it surprising that this group of ubernerds have collectively avoided WoW for like half a decade.

gently caress wow

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well Jeff hates online multiplayer games about interacting with other people, Brad played Starcraft2, Dota and Destiny, Vinny is a dad, Drew plays AAA action adventure games and writes notes for flight sims, Alexis is a normie, Jason cornholes his wife and plays street fighter, uhh who else is there...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dan played WoW as a video feature for the site and named his character after Triple H but he could only fit CerebralAss which Jeff laughed at for like 5 minutes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Dan played WoW as a video feature for the site and named his character after Triple H but he could only fit CerebralAss which Jeff laughed at for like 5 minutes.

lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dan who plays Nintendo games and goes to wrestling shows.

I guess it makes sense, with the rate you need to go through games as a Professional an mmo seems like a deathtrap for productivity.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's really not that hard to believe since they also don't care about Dota or any other MMO/Arena Game outside of launch, and even then it's only covered for the quicklook

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot about that...that was loving awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The CebrealAss, I mean

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They also watched Dan play and most of them said it was making them feel the itch again but even Brad said something like he knew he had to stop himself from doing it.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
The LA Podfest episode is great and it's worth listening to if only for Jeff's story about his lovely college house

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

IIRC he beat Demon Souls 2 or 3 times or something, going by him watching Brad play it. 'Twas the same series that Drew off camera said, "All your souls are belong to you, Brad" a few seconds after Brad did an impression of uhh the cop or something from South Park.

Lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i just remembered that ryan and dave and jeff and vinny played a bunch of xbox indie games and decided to make buzzer noises with their mouths when it was time to move on from a bad game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

i just remembered that ryan and dave and jeff and vinny played a bunch of xbox indie games and decided to make buzzer noises with their mouths when it was time to move on from a bad game

Remember when Jeff and Ryan started screaming for somebody to please murder them and end their lives while playing a Kinect game where big fluffy characters on the screen act out your movements and voices, and Vinny was cough laughing the entire video.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Remember when Jeff and Ryan started screaming for somebody to please murder them and end their lives while playing a Kinect game where big fluffy characters on the screen act out your movements and voices, and Vinny was cough laughing the entire video.

I do

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My favorite kinect video they did is definitely the one where Ryan is trying to do that lovely jockey game and the announcer says Rider, meet horse, Horse, meet Rider like 9,001 times.

MiF
Nov 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Did you hear the live podcast where Brad admits that he skipped out anniversary celebrations with his GF to play destiny or whatever. THe man has a sickness of the soul.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008