Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The story of this game is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

so close. actually what happens is he jumps out and loving kills you

No trolling in the impzone!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

No trolling in the impzone!!!!

Its one of the steam achievements. Which, usually, I play a game on PC and then delete it bc of SSD space, but im only 3 hours into this game and I have already filed it into the steam header where i dont uninstall it (along with Isaac, EU4 and Pac Man Championship Edition DX+). So I will definitely replay this game in a month or two. Im already realizing I could have saved money and gotten a rocket launcher for the troll fight

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I should do a run and use the guns I don't usually use. My normal loadout is Red9 w/ Stock, Striker, and Semi-Auto Rifle.

The first time I got the exclusive for the Striker the ammo in it last me for the rest of the run and most of the way through the second run until I decided to kill an Iron Maiden using it. I regretted nothing.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

it pisses me off that "Don't Shoot The Water!" is a non-secret achievement. Get your poo poo together capcom

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it should be

Shoot the Water!
- Skipped the Del Lago boss fight by shooting the lake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the Punisher and quickly sold it back. I have no interest in the Red9. Ive been using handgun and shotgun the whole game so far. With a smattering of TMG now that I've upgraded it (gently caress the dogs)

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Pyf little things in games: Leon is. American badass and refuses to pronounce Luis's name right the whole game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I got the Punisher and quickly sold it back. I have no interest in the Red9. Ive been using handgun and shotgun the whole game so far. With a smattering of TMG now that I've upgraded it (gently caress the dogs)

Dude no get the red 9. You're blowing this

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

the red9 is the most badass gun in the game and your severely loving up by not buying it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rediscover posted:

the red9 is the most badass gun in the game and your severely loving up by not buying it

i looked it up to see the origin of broomhandle in broomhandle mauser and learned that you can holster a mauser inside its stock

such a cool gun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like all of the best games ever made, you can stuff invalids in dumpsters in this game.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

Like all of the best games ever made, you can stuff invalids in dumpsters in this game.

she doesnt use her hands or anything to open it. she just stands straight up, ramming it open w/ her head

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk if there's any reason to keep them but I've been selling every treasure I come across

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

she doesnt use her hands or anything to open it. she just stands straight up, ramming it open w/ her head

Lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Say, OP... hope you dont mind if I use this thread for my first playthrough as well.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

Idk if there's any reason to keep them but I've been selling every treasure I come across

If you can slot things into something like the beer stein, it's kind of worth it to keep it until you get it slotted. If not, sell that poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Say, OP... hope you dont mind if I use this thread for my first playthrough as well.

It's a loving awesome game. Enjoy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think my cousin made me play the end of 2-2 10 years ago and I kept dying over an over again bc I didn't know the controls. But now it's incredibly cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did the math and Red9 is just a mathematically better version of Handgun. So now I'm using that

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I did the math and Red9 is just a mathematically better version of Handgun. So now I'm using that

plus you get the intense dopamine rush every time you see that reload animation

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i bet this loving nerd used his calculator watch to do this math. probably too a pen out of his pocket protector and drew something of some fugging graph paper too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i bet this loving nerd used his calculator watch to do this math. probably too a pen out of his pocket protector and drew something of some fugging graph paper too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

mgs2 but its about zombies.

just found a retinal scanner ...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have absolutely no resources after the boss fight in 2-3. Oops

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached 3-1 and was overwhelmed by shop options and then saw the pan over the level geometry and Alt F4ed out of sheer fear. I wont be able to play aagain until this weekend but im going to play a lot then. I loving love this game. So much!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Someone mentioned this already but don't forget the new enemies are extra vulnerable to kneecapping

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I reached 3-1 and was overwhelmed by shop options and then saw the pan over the level geometry and Alt F4ed out of sheer fear. I wont be able to play aagain until this weekend but im going to play a lot then. I loving love this game. So much!!!

Which one is that again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Which one is that again

I just entered the castle

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Omg that level is incredibly sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really love how extremely early on, the game teaches you no space is safe in the prologue, and then introduces lots of areas with wide angle pans and I just think "well there probably a group there, def zombies there, oh man. For sure that's an ambush" but knowing doesn't help me at all. It just makes me 100x more anxious

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

it should be

Shoot the Water!
- Skipped the Del Lago boss fight by shooting the lake.

yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres some treasures you wanna keep to combine with others. usually theyre pretty obvious about it, like a gem and the description is "it looks like it could fit in something" etc. and the matching treasures are usually nearby

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
Usually but not the third gem for the stein that's hidden in a bird nest right at the beginning of the game. Good one Shinji!!

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
turns out im retarded and its actually in the very next area after getting the stein

Budohead fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 26, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh man you get to fight one of my favorite new enemies soon, in the castle

i like that all of the resident evil 4 death animations are brutal. it shocked me when I first played it and got chainsawed so i didn't want to die to anything else and the only things i did die to reinforced that

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I played the gently caress out of Mercenaries last night. gently caress. It's so awesome. Blowing poo poo away as Wesker with a rifle in the Castle arena. So badass. I am gonna get this hand cannon dammit!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the Handcannon on the GC version and I dunno if I have the heart to do it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

oh man you get to fight one of my favorite new enemies soon, in the castle

i like that all of the resident evil 4 death animations are brutal. it shocked me when I first played it and got chainsawed so i didn't want to die to anything else and the only things i did die to reinforced that

I was hoping for something more in the lake cuz I just stayed in the water the first time I fell out to see what would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

I was hoping for something more in the lake cuz I just stayed in the water the first time I fell out to see what would happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96b1Vn5jJDE

i don't remember dying to del lago ever though i failed the QTE at the end once

• Locked thread