Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Songbearer posted:

Where's the mod that returns Professor Goodfeels to Sunshine Co-op once you clear it out. Where is it :smith:

Try adding him with a console command. But I have no idea what his ID is.

Diogines posted:

Is there a console command to bring up the "rebuild" screen like when you exit the vault?

There is an application called F4RT on the Nexus that builds a batch file that you can run to change your SPECIAL and perks (or cheat and add whatever you want). Use Nukahub to build your character up so the required level matches your character. Take note that it won't have any special consideration for SPECIAL bobbleheads, so make your build on nukahub one level higher per SPECIAL bobblehead you have.

When you run the reset.txt batch file in game, please note that your SPECIAL will change, but it won't be displayed graphically in game until you save and reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

The Iron Rose posted:

Nowhere near as flexible, stable, or useful as mod organizer. This is especially (well, only) true for Skyrim where it's so much better it literally beggars belief. Keeping your data folder safe is just one part of it - it's faster, easier to use, and has the best integration of texture mods I've ever seen.

Incidentally keep weapon damage suggestions coming!

E: I meant not yet range not ranged, I only mean guns.

The laser rifle needs a bit of a buff. I'd like it to be an option instead of the plasma rifle - I don't really like the plasma rifles design all that much.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

TescoBag posted:

The laser rifle needs a bit of a buff. I'd like it to be an option instead of the plasma rifle - I don't really like the plasma rifles design all that much.

TescoBag posted:

Are plasmas anything like they were in NV? On top of having a slow projectile, each shot gobbled up two ammo. They just seemed too gimped despite the higher damage output. I've hardly seen any in 4, which is strange.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Iron Rose Combat trip report:

Pipe weapons, especially auto-pistols at close range, feel nice and killy. The bolt-action, especially the .50 cal variant, are excellent.
Double-barrel, particularly the sawed-off version feels like it's underpreforming just a little even when it's up in someone's face.
Combat shotty, a joy to use and much better spread even with a short barrel.
10mm feels a tad anemic and could definitely use a .45acp receiver at Gun Nut 3.
Submachine gun, not my style so no idea.
Hunting Rifle, the bolt-action feels a little slow compared to the pipe version putting it in an odd place. Haven't rechambered for the .50 so maybe it gets better.
Lasers, could probably use just a little more punch but a fully charged sniper shot is where it should be.
Plasma, BEEFCAKE!!! In a really good place now.

Heavy weapons, no clue, don't use.
Melee weapons, no clue, don't use.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Songbearer posted:

Where's the mod that returns Professor Goodfeels to Sunshine Co-op once you clear it out. Where is it :smith:

Next playthrough I ain't going near that place unless I've got that control robots perk. Gonna take him home with me

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

TescoBag posted:

Laser rifles own pretty drat hard I don't understand the problem you are having.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

ded posted:

Laser rifles own pretty drat hard I don't understand the problem you are having.

Oh no, they're okay definitely but I would like them to hit a little harder. Currently they're nowhere near competitive as a plasma rifle or combat rifle as standard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The armorizer mod is great, and I hope to see it expand as time goes on. How difficult would it be to rig the meshes so that armor overlays don't clip so much? Piper's outfit is just about perfect for most armor pieces, except for the combat armor chest piece clipping through the lapels.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Does the script extender serve any purpose yet?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Jack Ketch posted:

Any idea if this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2805/ is dirty, he makes mention of Fo4Edit in the main mod comments but I can't tell if his english is bad or what. If I open it in FO4Edit, will it show me if it's dirty somehow?
Yeah I was interested in this one myself, I opened it in FO4Edit and there's no missing cells and in the comments the author says he started using FO4Edit. He basically just changes this for any ranged combat style:

So the enemies are set to be as aggressive as they can be I guess. There are also values that make them flank and fallback more often, but those are the only changes.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

jfood posted:

Iron Rose Combat trip report:

I installed it as well. Hunting Rifles worth using again! With Rifleman 5 and Ninja 3 my plasma infused sniper did about 70% damage to a Mirelurk King.

As far as laser rifles go, they feel fine. High ROF and almost no recoil with the quantum muzzle and recoil stock, it can fire as fast as I can press the trigger. Feels about right for laser rifles. Plus many enemies have less energy resist than ballistic. Pick your battles with them.

Combat Rifles and Assault Rifles were virtually identical without Iron Rose's mod. Their DPS was almost identical, so it was mostly a choice between cosmetics and ammo management. Feels fine still.

I only have two pipe weapons I carry with me. One is a nocturnal bolt action, my night-time sniper rifle. The other is a .38 Kneecapper, so I have that set up as an automatic. Since I'm missing the Commando perks I won't comment on the relative damage, but the ammo increase is nice. Virtually no damage against Mirelurks, but I don't use it for the damage.

Good mod! I look forward to combat being more dangerous for both sides.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoy it as well now. Going to start a new game in the near future and will use it throughout.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
At the end of the Craftable Ammo mod in the OP (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/798/) it says it Tool used: figment's TESsnip Fork (Fallout Edition). That means it's evil and destroys saves right?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

At the end of the Craftable Ammo mod in the OP (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/798/) it says it Tool used: figment's TESsnip Fork (Fallout Edition). That means it's evil and destroys saves right?

Sadly yes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Should it get pulled out of the OP then? Or at least a big ole warning? I almost didn't notice the tiny little disclaimer at the bottom of that nexus description.

Edit: How do I manage load order now? Or does that not really matter until GECK mods start happening?

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 26, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Should it get pulled out of the OP then? Or at least a big ole warning? I almost didn't notice the tiny little disclaimer at the bottom of that nexus description.

Edit: How do I manage load order now? Or does that not really matter until GECK mods start happening?

Use basic brain stuffs. What should be loaded last?

also use http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1018/ instead of that one

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

I would say carefully, there's no BOSS to organize mods in a way that they don't conflict, and no Wrye Bash to combine mods into a package that resolves the conflicts between mods, so I would recommend loading only mods built with FO4edit and even then avoid stacking mods that alter the same thing, like multiple armor mods or multiple mods that affect weapons etc. Once GECK is released, there should be a few more support tools to help balance the shambling mess that everyone's FO4 games will inevitably become.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Use basic brain stuffs. What should be loaded last?

also use http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1018/ instead of that one

Argh he should have used the weapons workbench instead of the armor one for the reloading bench, as the weapons bench has a reloading press on it. MY IMMERSION :byodood:

I like that mod though, being able to convert my 50 million .38 rounds into .44 rounds which carry a significantly higher punch and are much rarer would be nice. I mean poo poo even being able to convert them into .45 would be good.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 26, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

quote is not edit

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

All of the resource files for the Assault Rifle actually point to "MachineGun" which is pretty much definite evidence of what it was.

There's also an unused AK-frame model that was originally meant to be the Assault Rifle but apparently the Chinese Assault Rifle wasn't good enough to use apparently

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Avocados posted:

Are plasmas anything like they were in NV? On top of having a slow projectile, each shot gobbled up two ammo. They just seemed too gimped despite the higher damage output. I've hardly seen any in 4, which is strange.

The plasma rifle with the flamethrower-like upgrade absolutely fucks robots

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Babe Magnet posted:

The plasma rifle with the flamethrower-like upgrade absolutely fucks robots everybody. And their brahmin. And anyone they've ever associated with.

Avocados posted:

All energy weapons have their own ammo now, which I think is super lame and can't wait for it to get modded out. Energy cells, plasma cells, cryo cells, etc. The fusion cores in gatling lasers is cool though. The plasma caster is absolutely amazing, but plasma cells are one of the rarer, more expensive ammos, and it burns through them like crazy.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

All energy weapons have their own ammo now, which I think is super lame and can't wait for it to get modded out. Energy cells, plasma cells, cryo cells, etc. The fusion cores in gatling lasers is cool though. The plasma caster is absolutely amazing, but plasma cells are one of the rarer, more expensive ammos, and it burns through them like crazy.
what this basically means is that bethesda still hasn't figured out how to make weapons use more than one ammo properly

Jestah
Dec 7, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I spent hours stacking loving bottles for my bar only to load my save and them to just phase through a shelf or two. I also got these cages that naked bitches wont stay in between loads. Any ideas?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jestah posted:

I spent hours stacking loving bottles for my bar only to load my save and them to just phase through a shelf or two. I also got these cages that naked bitches wont stay in between loads. Any ideas?

This, absolutely. Decorating houses is the main reason I play Bethsoft games and boy was I mega disappointed to find that despite all the new building stuff, this bug is still present and makes decorating with misc items pointless.

The reason behind it is that after placing items down, leaving the area and loading back into it, the game recalculates all the physics on the item and gravity makes everything fly everywhere.

Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas all got decoration mods that let you flag the items as having no physics which prevents this from happening, so I'm sure there'll be one for FO4. I just wish it was sooner rather than later.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Songbearer posted:

This, absolutely. Decorating houses is the main reason I play Bethsoft games and boy was I mega disappointed to find that despite all the new building stuff, this bug is still present and makes decorating with misc items pointless.

The reason behind it is that after placing items down, leaving the area and loading back into it, the game recalculates all the physics on the item and gravity makes everything fly everywhere.

Oblivion, Skyrim and New Vegas all got decoration mods that let you flag the items as having no physics which prevents this from happening, so I'm sure there'll be one for FO4. I just wish it was sooner rather than later.

Are you using the settlement build menu to place havok items? You can just drop them on the ground, go into the build menu, pick them up and place them like you would anything else in there. I only did it with some Nuka Cola Quantum bottles, but they haven't moved a millimeter in about 90 hours played.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Dongattack posted:

Disable command didn't do anything at all for me, that was the first i tried. The "disable" command only works on certain things now, and skeletons are not one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrOQBuMtxxQ

Worked fine for me.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Dongattack posted:

Are you using the settlement build menu to place havok items? You can just drop them on the ground, go into the build menu, pick them up and place them like you would anything else in there. I only did it with some Nuka Cola Quantum bottles, but they haven't moved a millimeter in about 90 hours played.

Try it with an Antique Globe. Certain objects are more suspectible to it than others, but it's inevitable that it'll happen eventually if you're visiting an area often enough

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

This is so minor, but I'm actually kind of excited someone made it. Durable Vertibirds.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

This is so minor, but I'm actually kind of excited someone made it. Durable Vertibirds.

About drat time, they were pretty much made of tissue paper and hope.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Weird, doesn't work at all on my end.

Songbearer posted:

Try it with an Antique Globe. Certain objects are more suspectible to it than others, but it's inevitable that it'll happen eventually if you're visiting an area often enough

Ah okay, i only placed bottles and they are still standing.

Edit: Oh, i'm still the latest post, okay then, has anyone found a mod or tweak that clears up the imagespace underwater except setting DepthofField=0 in the ini? It looks kinda lame like that, looks just like air.

Man, Bethesda did kind of a poor job with the underwater areas, even more so than in Skyrim. Ugly clipping errors every other step and hastily placed meshes that you can phase through the world in, and still there is a dedicated underwater exploration perk so they actually expect you to go down here and look at this broken crap.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 26, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Is there a mod yet that makes it easier to break down Junk in your work bench to its basic components? I can't take Local Leader with my current build and I'm tired of carting a mess of brooms and spoons from settlement to settlement.

I know you can drop items to the ground and individually scrap them one by one in build mode but :effort:

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Is there a mod yet that makes it easier to break down Junk in your work bench to its basic components? I can't take Local Leader with my current build and I'm tired of carting a mess of brooms and spoons from settlement to settlement.

I know you can drop items to the ground and individually scrap them one by one in build mode but :effort:

Not yet but extra recipes have been added by modders so it may be that a modder might just make a recipe for each item, would be a good workaround, just time consuming.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what this basically means is that bethesda still hasn't figured out how to make weapons use more than one ammo properly

:lol: What? Bows in TES games can all use varying types of arrows with their own given properties, they pretty clearly know how to do it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Magmarashi posted:

:lol: What? Bows in TES games can all use varying types of arrows with their own given properties, they pretty clearly know how to do it.
i meant using weapons with more than 1 shot, not ammo type

the MIRV in the base fallout 3 and double barreled shotgun in point lookout is a pretty cool way to demonstrate this problem, using them in VATS will very quickly cause you to bug out and make empty clicks for 15 seconds

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I pm'ed the guy and he said he used snip, so it appears to be filthy, yes.

Time for another restart....

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Actually I might as well ask, but how feasible is it for a semi-layman to get into modding this game? I mostly just want to change numbers around which I assume shouldn't be too hard. Are there any good interstitial modding tools/documentation until the GECK comes out?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if you don't want your game to collapse into an infinite singularity, wait for the GECK

it will only collapse into half of an infinite singularity then

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

Actually I might as well ask, but how feasible is it for a semi-layman to get into modding this game? I mostly just want to change numbers around which I assume shouldn't be too hard. Are there any good interstitial modding tools/documentation until the GECK comes out?

Depends entirely on the numbers you want to change, right now the go to modding tool is TESVedit which can edit some things very easily. However some things are hidden or unknown right now, script wise for example there is a way to make scripts run in FO4 but its pretty hacky and unfortunately relies heavily on commands being the same from skyrim (which many are), this means, for example, a script to add an empty bottle to your inventory when you drink nuka cola is doable but anything that would rely on new functions is not.

Edit: My advice would be perhaps to play around and see what you can do. I can post a little something on how to use tesvedit for fallout 4 and show some basic records that can be changed.

Kea fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 26, 2015

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kea posted:

I can post a little something on how to use tesvedit for fallout 4 and show some basic records that can be changed.
Yeah please do. There's a couple little changes I wanna make, but I'm not really clear on how to save this stuff as an .esp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Edit: I done gone hosed up, check next page.

Kea fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 26, 2015

• Locked thread