Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
This week I am starting Hoyer in all 3 leagues, over Bortles, Matty Ice, Bortles, and... Tom Brady.

:captainpop:

Because the saints suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Just had a trade randomly sent to me. What do you guys think? I definitely want to sell high on Langford if possible but I'm not sure if this is selling high or... just selling.

My Langford for his Jeremy Hill, Stefon Diggs and TY Hilton.

Here's my team currently:
RB: Lacy, Stewart, Yeldon, Langford
WR: Marshall, Robinson, Benjamin, Cooks, Matthews (lol why is he still on my team?)

From the way I see it I'm not getting any actual upgrades really. I'm getting rid of someone who might be irrelevant very soon, but.. I drafted Hill and he's super annoying to deal with, also picked up Diggs off the WW then traded him.. and Hilton I don't really give a gently caress about. Maybe counter offer? Here's his team:
RB: McFadden, Charmander, Ingram, Hill, Ware
WR: Julio, AB84, Amendola, Diggs, Hilton, Emannuel Sanders

I don't really see any good trades here honestly. Maybe I'm missing something?
Maybe I'm overthinking this, the espn 'trade evaluator' seems to weigh that trade heavily in my favor.

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 26, 2015

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

zeldadude posted:

Just had a trade randomly sent to me. What do you guys think? I definitely want to sell high on Langford if possible but I'm not sure if this is selling high or... just selling.

WR: Marshall, Robinson, Benjamin, Cooks, Matthews (lol why is he still on my team?)

From the way I see it I'm not getting any actual upgrades really. I'm getting rid of someone who might be irrelevant very soon, but.. I drafted Hill and he's super annoying to deal with, also picked up Diggs off the WW then traded him.. and Hilton I don't really give a gently caress about. Maybe counter offer? Here's his team:

Maybe I'm overthinking this, the espn 'trade evaluator' seems to weigh that trade heavily in my favor.

poo poo I'd pull the trigger on that so fast...

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

zeldadude posted:

Is it a keeper league and who would you drop to make room?

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

Is it a keeper league and who would you drop to make room?

Not a keeper league, I'd be dropping Jordan Matthews and one of Kelce/Jordan Reed. Think I'm going to go hit accept right after I post this. Way over thinking it.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

zeldadude posted:

Not a keeper league, I'd be dropping Jordan Matthews and one of Kelce/Jordan Reed. Think I'm going to go hit accept right after I post this. Way over thinking it.

Oh yeah, if it's not a keeper league, definitely.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

zeldadude posted:

Accept, drop who you say you're dropping, but also do not start any of the players that you're trading for unless absolutely necessary. It's a bizarre trade, but it improves your depth.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

coronaball posted:

Accept, drop who you say you're dropping, but also do not start any of the players that you're trading for unless absolutely necessary. It's a bizarre trade, but it improves your depth.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, haha. Thanks! Would you guys rather have Reed or Kelce ROS?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

zeldadude posted:

Yeah that's what I was thinking, haha. Thanks! Would you guys rather have Reed or Kelce ROS?

Kelce because his yards per target is so high that he can basically only regress upwards. He's also crazy due for some TDs.

Note that I am not saying these things WILL happen, just that from a purely statistical perspective they are likely.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jordan Reed because extrapolating what Travis Kelce should be able to do in a laboratory environment with perfect conditions has only led to heartbreak and it's not like he'll suddenly get 10 TDs in the second half of the season to even out the fact that he hasn't... and Jordan Reed actually produces when healthy.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Jordan Reed because extrapolating what Travis Kelce should be able to do in a laboratory environment with perfect conditions has only led to heartbreak and it's not like he'll suddenly get 10 TDs in the second half of the season to even out the fact that he hasn't... and Jordan Reed actually produces when healthy.

This.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Although Jordan Reed is dealing with an MCL injury so maybe pay attention to it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Would anyone drop Matt Ryan for Bortles to be Carson Palmer's backup? Someone just dropped him (Bort) and Ryan has been pretty miserable this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would rather have Bort, yes, especially given his cupcake schedule the rest of the way and Ryan playing Carolina twice.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
The Sanchize is starting.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

I would rather have Bort, yes, especially given his cupcake schedule the rest of the way and Ryan playing Carolina twice.

Yeah, this. The only thing that might save Ryan is if Freeman is out for a game or two and the Falcons offense becomes almost exclusively Ryan -> Julio.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Martellus Bennett surprise inactive

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
not much action in the sit/start

would you rather go Dalton or Hoyer this week?

Dalton has been pretty matchup proof with the exception of primetime games.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
I'm rolling out Tyler Lockett this week over Landry just for the home run potential. Playing the #1 (I'm the #2) and I am the only person to beat him this year so far(first week of the season). Is this crazy talk?

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

TommyGun85 posted:

not much action in the sit/start

would you rather go Dalton or Hoyer this week?

Dalton has been pretty matchup proof with the exception of primetime games.

Hoyer for sure. New Orleans sucks. Nuke is going to turn that secondary into glass.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Psikotik posted:

I'm rolling out Tyler Lockett this week over Landry just for the home run potential. Playing the #1 (I'm the #2) and I am the only person to beat him this year so far(first week of the season). Is this crazy talk?

Yeah, that's dumb

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Should I pull the trigger on starting Funchess @ Dallas this afternoon over Charmander (who looks like he might not even play)?

edit: other flex options are Boldin or Baldwin

Hazo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 26, 2015

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Hazo posted:

Should I pull the trigger on starting Funchess @ Dallas this afternoon over Charmander (who looks like he might not even play)?

I am playing funchess because Cam is rocking it right now

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Hazo posted:

If you start Funchess today and Charmander ends up being active, who would you have to bench in order to play him?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gobias Ind. posted:

If you start Funchess today and Charmander ends up being active, who would you have to bench in order to play him?
Yeldon vs SD or Gore vs TB

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Hazo posted:

Yeldon vs SD or Gore vs TB

I'd lean towards starting Funchess today and replacing Gore with Charmander if he plays (looks like he might not though).

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Thanks Gobias and Sweeper, I'll make the swap. My opponent has Ware so even if Charmander does play it'll help me drain some carries from him. Plus I'm in Charlotte anyway so it's all the more reason to get hype :toot:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Here's a new blurb about Forte and Langford.

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Matt Forte (knee) will be the "starter in name only" the rest of the season.
Advice: Rapoport said the plan is to have a "two-headed monster" with Forte and impressive rookie Jeremy Langford, who Rapoport said is viewed as the "not just the future but the present" because of his explosiveness. This was always a concern considering how well Langford played and that Forte is a free agent following the season, but it is not as if Forte will disappear from the offense entirely. The veteran should get enough work to remain in the RB2 conversation the rest of the way.
(Rotoworld.com)

How much of a bump does this news give Langford? I was planning on using Theo Riddick as my Flex (he's in the early game today) in a PPR league, but if the Bears are planning on giving Langford extended run, I'm thinking he might be a better choice.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Freeman is OUT for Sunday.

Edit: nevermind, the tweet was deleted.

Edit2: It was changed to "Not optimistic"

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 26, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone convince me that I really don't need to keep Romo since his SOS isn't all that fantastic compared to Dalton, Bortles, or Alex Smith. My team is currently 11-0 and at this point I'm going for a clean sweep. It's a 10 team, half PPR, 3WR league.

QB: Dalton, Romo, Bortles
RB: Gurley, Rawls, Gore, Ingram
WR: Julio, Hopkins, Robinson, Bryant, Diggs
TE: Reed, Kelce
D/ST: Chiefs

I'm thinking I can drop Romo for a DST to stream on Week 13 (Dolphins vs BAL or Texans @Buf). Although for reasons that make no sense to me whatsoever someone dropped Matt Ryan as well. Hoyer is also available for streaming today.

I loving hate QBs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone convince me that I really don't need to keep Romo since his SOS isn't all that fantastic compared to Dalton, Bortles, or Alex Smith. My team is currently 11-0 and at this point I'm going for a clean sweep. It's a 10 team, half PPR, 3WR league.

I'm thinking I can drop Romo for a DST to stream on Week 13 (Dolphins vs BAL or Texans @Buf). Although for reasons that make no sense to me whatsoever someone dropped Matt Ryan as well. Hoyer is also available for streaming today.

I loving hate QBs.

There's no reason to hold Romo. Stashing a DST to complement KC makes infinitely more sense for you.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I loving hate QBs.

I wouldn't hold Romo either. Dalton has CLE, PIT, SF in weeks 13-15 and Bortles has good matchups with SD and NO weeks 12 and 16. I don't think Romo gets the start over either of those guys in those weeks even with Dez back.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eli Manning or Bortles in a PPR league? I'm leaning Eli.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Good news, everyone! I stuck with Riddick.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zypher posted:

They announced that yesterday afternoon, how is it a surprise?

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I've just been offered an intriguing trade. I'm 10-1 and cruising to our playoffs, which are weeks 15-17. As a result I'm open to trading away Cam in case the Panthers clinch home field and he is rested wk17. It's a 14 team league with very few qbs on the wire so I'm not confident I can stream wk17 if it comes to it.

I have been offered Roethlisberger and Eifert for Cam and Demaryius Thomas.

My team overall is:

Cam and Carr
Ivory, L Murray, Rawls and Ajayi
Julio, Allen Robinson, Megatron, Stevie Johnson and DT
Delanie Walker

I'm tempted as I don't really need DT, and Roethlisberger has great matchup week 16 and 17. Eifert is a plus, though Walker's not too shabby. Should I accept and hope the commissioner OKs it before the Panthers game? (likely)

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Azhais posted:

They announced that yesterday afternoon, how is it a surprise?

picked up Zach Miller and shot Eric Ebron out of a cannon.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Good news, everyone! I stuck with Riddick.

Keep us updated on his chronicles. I'm busy watching my Calvin Johnson get outscored by his Caleb Sturgis.

e: counter-jinx successful

spacejung fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 26, 2015

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I don't care how wrong I was about anything this season, the only thing that I care about I was 100% right on:

TEs are stupid don't draft them.

Bonafide superstar Greg Olsen, currently being outscored by 50+pick later ADP sleeper darling Tyler Eifert and undrafted Gary Barnidge.

Travis "next jesus" Kelce not even within 30 points of TE2 and being outscored by "notable JAG" Delanie Walker and just 1 point per game ahead of undrafted veteran re-tread Benjamin Watson (who in-turn is outscoring Jimmy Graham)

Hope you're enjoying your easily replaceable 4th round picks and don't have a RB/WR problem because of it, I'll be over here in smug town.

Also, If Kelce doesn't clear 10ppg for the rest of the season I win that toxx, which honestly I way low-balled and probably could've set the over-under at 200 and still had people call me stupid.

gently caress Tight Ends HTH

4th/5th round Olsen is scoring better than a lot of WR1s drafted before him, and is possibly the #1 reason im in the playoffs due to the positional advantage. His totals are somewhere between Robinson and Hurns and is horribly consistent in PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Zypher posted:

Is it really a surprise? This was what I was figuring when I was saying Miller was an appealing play this week despite having Reed with a great matchup. Bennett doesn't play + Reed banged up = Worth considering, anyways.

• Locked thread