Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rirse posted:

Would buy them right now, but don't they usually have a sale starting in the next day or two where everything is 15% and you get a $5 coupon for spending over 25?

Yeah, I asked them that on Twitter, but I haven't gotten a response from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

revdrkevind posted:

drat. It.

Felicia Day doesn't deserve to share the stage with the Mads. At least Rifftrax already has a thing with Jonathan Coulton so he couldn't get called in. On the other hand, Joel.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, MSTIE!

(FYI Pearl is my favorite mad, no it's not because vagina.)

revdrkevind posted:

When they announced Servo's actor is black the next line involves "systematic oppression".

Still, yeah, I'm not watching effing Felicia Day. Sorry, Joel. I don't want these eps. Bet it'll get you a lot of money though.

Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
BILL IS ON TURKEY DAY

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Burkion posted:

BILL IS ON TURKEY DAY

I was glad to see Rifftrax represented in the ads.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't have a good feeling about this reaching 3.3 million in time.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
During Gorgo, the KS racked up around $20,000. Teenagers From Space is almost over and in that there's only been a rise of around 8K. So ... yeah. Joel's gonna be disappointed with today's take.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I threw 'em $5 for a download of a classic episode. Totally getting LASERBLAST.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Everything Counts posted:

During Gorgo, the KS racked up around $20,000. Teenagers From Space is almost over and in that there's only been a rise of around 8K. So ... yeah. Joel's gonna be disappointed with today's take.

The take also includes the addons people are purchasing too.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Joel said if we got to 3.1 by Midnight he would extend the deadline.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
"You can't spell 'molestation' without N-E-S!"

These guys are on FIRE with The Wizard, holy poo poo.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't forget Friday is the coupon code for today and tomorrow 20% nearly everything and every $20 spent gets you a $5 gift card. So remember to buy $20 batches for the best value.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

gfanikf posted:

Don't forget Friday is the coupon code for today and tomorrow 20% nearly everything and every $20 spent gets you a $5 gift card. So remember to buy $20 batches for the best value.

Doesn't seem to work on the newly released Santa Claus/Santa Claus Conquers the Martians DVDs (plus creepy Ice Cream Bunny squeeze toy).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just be careful, if the amount after the promo is below 20, you won't get the code. Thankfully support is going to get me the code in a day or two.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ballz posted:

Doesn't seem to work on the newly released Santa Claus/Santa Claus Conquers the Martians DVDs (plus creepy Ice Cream Bunny squeeze toy).

Right, also not on gift cards or Miami connection.

Rirse posted:

Just be careful, if the amount after the promo is below 20, you won't get the code. Thankfully support is going to get me the code in a day or two.

Trick is to add a short or two as needed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

gfanikf posted:

Right, also not on gift cards or Miami connection.

Trick is to add a short or two as needed.

Yeah I added one of the Total Riffoff since I never bought any of them somehow on my second batch of purchases. Haven't got the code for that one since it is over 20 dollars after the discount.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No discounts on your new releases! Well, I was going to wait until next month to pick up Miami Connection and The Wizard anyway.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

RandomPauI posted:

No discounts on your new releases! Well, I was going to wait until next month to pick up Miami Connection and The Wizard anyway.

You can get a discount on The Wizard. I did. The reason it doesn't apply to Miami Connection is that it's a pre-order.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a software to trim off the annoying intro from the newer videos? I tend to stick some of these videos on a random playlist and don't want to suffer through the lovely theme song.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Rirse posted:

Is there a software to trim off the annoying intro from the newer videos? I tend to stick some of these videos on a random playlist and don't want to suffer through the lovely theme song.

Just use Windows Media Maker or some other really basic video editing software.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rirse posted:

Boo!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

I put my Rifftrax in iTunes. There's an option to change the start time of the video. That's what I do to avoid the intro.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does the intro really bother people that much? Heck I thought they used a shorter version anyone now, right?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

gfanikf posted:

Does the intro really bother people that much? Heck I thought they used a shorter version anyone now, right?

They went to a shorter one. I like both. From a marketing/brand perspective, they really should have been doing an intro from the beginning.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Man, those holiday shorts were disturbing. Living in the 50s had to have been a nightmare.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2DCAT posted:

They went to a shorter one. I like both. From a marketing/brand perspective, they really should have been doing an intro from the beginning.

I do too. Truthfully a lot of Rifftrax has been ad hoc and trial and error due to the initial setup for it and well creating a whole new business model.

I feel that since they were acquired, it's become a lot more formalized and professional (in a good way mind you) moving to more art vs simple photoshop advertising as one example.

They have a far stronger brand image then before. Still you can see references to zunes listed in older files so there is room.

But as a whole I feel they've gotten a lot better just in the past 3 years.

However, I will add in all my professional dealings they were also excellent to work with.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Acquired by who?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Breadallelogram posted:

Acquired by who?

Actually themselves. My mistake. Legend originally owned a part of them, but Rifftrax bought themselves out from Legend in 2012. I guess the point of dramatic improving since they purchased themselves is still valid though. :)

I think when I dealt with them the purchase had not yet occurred.

quote:

The site was launched by Nelson and Legend Films, now renamed Legend3D, in 2006 and is based in San Diego. In 2012, RiffTrax was purchased from Legend3D by Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett and RiffTrax CEO David G. Martin.[citation needed] As of December 2014, RiffTrax had 13 employees.[1]

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

gfanikf posted:

Actually themselves. My mistake. Legend originally owned a part of them, but Rifftrax bought themselves out from Legend in 2012. I guess the point of dramatic improving since they purchased themselves is still valid though. :)

I think when I dealt with them the purchase had not yet occurred.

Oh, cool. I haven't been following the business side so I didn't know that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That said, the intro I wish they would use at the start is the one currently only used for the Bridget and Mary shorts, where it just a short 4 second intro.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can anyone suggest a short to get to put me over the top of $20? I want to get Man from Harlem and Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm personally fond of the doing verbs monkey short, the county fair short, buying food, the ACI shorts, cooks and chefs, and the Mary Jo / Bridget shorts

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Unlucky7 posted:

Can anyone suggest a short to get to put me over the top of $20? I want to get Man from Harlem and Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny.

Bridget and Mary Jo's A Word to the Wives is utterly amazing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unlucky7 posted:

A Visit to Santa and Beer.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Can't got wrong with the Hormel short.

You're still thinking about the tail, aren't you?

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
I think I've rewatched Setting Up a Room more than any other short.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's the appeal of Setting Up a Room?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RandomPauI posted:

It's like the educational film equivalent of a WikiHow article.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

It's 30 minutes of two women planning out and then setting up a kindergarten class room.

What is unappealing about that?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

RandomPauI posted:

The appeal of Setting Up a Room is that it is absolutely unappealing in every conceivable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Improve your Punctuation is pretty great too.

• Locked thread