Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Krispy Kareem posted:

It's amazing, usually when a politician says something that gets push back or controversy, they clarify and apologize (O'Malley with Blacks Lives Matter, Bush with 'I'd still go into Iraq') and are still usually the worse for the experience. Trump just forgets he ever said it or even doubles down and it's working.

People, big lie, easier, small lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
I don't understand the point of an all black Rubik's cube.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Gross Dude posted:

He hadn't put the stickers on yet

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Gross Dude posted:

#BlackCubesMatter

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

He also put up a ~1:30 video of both cube explosions. I didn't see it mentioned, but oh yes..that wasn't the first time that his cube went boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzeKTAd64E

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ozz81 posted:

I admit I didn't expect that cube to completely shatter like that, I'm shocked at how calm he seemed :lol:

I'm the hands twitching at the end

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Kinda seems poorly designed if you can shatter it so easily.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I'm thankful for dummies with poor judgment and or planning on this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP3qh6Qym40

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That's a level of decadent insanity I'm not willing to attempt.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Lareine posted:

Kinda seems poorly designed if you can shatter it so easily.

I think it's 3D printed. The tolerances for it to move must be a lot smaller than the tolerances that a 3D printer can produce.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Roro posted:

That's a level of decadent insanity I'm not willing to attempt.

I've made it before. It is so easy to do right I'm amazed how many people gently caress it up. Thawed bird, correct oil level, correct oil temperature, and a reasonable distance from buildings just in case something does go wrong. If you can manage that the resulting bird is very tasty if you don't over cook it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eponine posted:

I think it's 3D printed. The tolerances for it to move must be a lot smaller than the tolerances that a 3D printer can produce.

I don't understand why it looks the way it does. It look like a 4 x 4 cube, but the cues alternate between tiny slices going one way and going the other. how is it supposed to function like that?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think for structural reasons the outside layer is very thick.

edit:

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Nov 26, 2015

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

What's up with that first one? Right next to the house, the oil is already on fire (wtf?) so they figure let's go ahead drop the bird in. If your oil is already at the temperature where it spontaneously ignited, then it's ruined and anything cooked in it will taste like poo poo. But that's no reason to burn your house down.

Rattlehead
Nov 20, 2004
Only dead fish go with the flow.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Praise the Lard!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Very few of those look like "accidents". That third one where the guy appears to be doing it by hand with his face right over the fryer inside his garage though...

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I always assumed that a turkey in a deep fryer was a seasonally themed variation on the good old watermelon in a deep fryer trick, rather than something that people seriously did in an attempt to produce an edible meal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nope! I injected with cajun flavoring and deep fried is one of the best turkeys I've ever tasted.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
a recipe literally requiring a ten-foot pole

Now I want to see one of those guys who make videos of throwing basketballs through hoops from 100 yards away chuck a turkey into a fryer from their neighbor's roof

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

It looks like none of them are using a large enough pot.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Almost every fried turkey problem is the result of one of two things. Either they didn't thaw the turkey and are putting it in frozen, which causes little explosions as the frozen moisture instantly evaporates, or they fill it up with too much oil, not taking in account the displacement of the turkey itself, causing it to overflow. Or both. Just using a little bit of brains and reading up on how to do it properly can result in a very tasty turkey.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

skander posted:

It looks like none of them are using a large enough pot.

Or a thawed, semi-dry turkey.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

^^^^ Sweet Jesus. :stare:

Don't know where this rates on the freude-o-meter, but I just really like that the trooper's name is "Roadside."

http://www.wral.com/records-trooper-tried-to-pay-woman-not-to-report-crash/15117539/

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Don't know where this rates on the freude-o-meter, but I just really like that the trooper's name is "Roadside."

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

^^^^ Sweet Jesus. :stare:

http://www.wral.com/records-trooper-tried-to-pay-woman-not-to-report-crash/15117539/

that article is retarded because as far as i know, "legal limit" is propaganda to get more people to drive drunk so the state can make more revenue on charging people with dwi

everyone I know who has been stopped by police while driving and took a breathalyzer who blew over 0.000 has been arrested on the spot

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

im pooping! posted:

that article is retarded because as far as i know, "legal limit" is propaganda to get more people to drive drunk so the state can make more revenue on charging people with dwi

everyone I know who has been stopped by police while driving and took a breathalyzer who blew over 0.000 has been arrested on the spot

Then everyone you know was probably an rear end in a top hat to the cops and were "arrested" for something else. Or what you say is straight up untrue. Occam's razor and everything.

When I was younger, I drove after being out at the bars when I was college. I was pulled over, asked to take a breathalyzer, and came in under by a couple tenths (it was .10 at the time, I blew a .08). The cop said he couldn't arrest me for DUI, but he could make sure I took a taxi home. Being a cop in a college town, you better believe if he had the latitude to "arrest me on the spot" blowing what I did, he would have.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

im pooping! posted:

I'm fairly confident that this is not the case, and that if you're not a minor or a commercial driver, it is perfectly legal to drive at less than .08% BAC.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

This is an art installation, right? :stare:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Bluemillion posted:

This is an art installation, right? :stare:

I don't know how it could exist otherwise. Asphalt trucks can't exactly drive over cars, and wouldn't produce a surface like that even if they could.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

flosofl posted:

Then everyone you know was probably an rear end in a top hat to the cops and were "arrested" for something else. Or what you say is straight up untrue. Occam's razor and everything.

When I was younger, I drove after being out at the bars when I was college. I was pulled over, asked to take a breathalyzer, and came in under by a couple tenths (it was .10 at the time, I blew a .08). The cop said he couldn't arrest me for DUI, but he could make sure I took a taxi home. Being a cop in a college town, you better believe if he had the latitude to "arrest me on the spot" blowing what I did, he would have.
Look up "just world hypothesis", it's a psychological bias that makes people think that when bad things happen to others they must have deserved it. Also your single experience sure invalidates literal decades of police abusing their power, it simply didn't happen, because you weren't arrested that one time.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

wayfinder posted:

Look u*faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

wayfinder posted:

Look up "just world hypothesis", it's a psychological bias that makes people think that when bad things happen to others they must have deserved it. Also your single experience sure invalidates literal decades of police abusing their power, it simply didn't happen, because you weren't arrested that one time.

Is it really police abusing their power when they arrest drunk people for driving?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

Is it really police abusing their power when they arrest drunk people for driving?

It's my god given freedom right to get wasted and drive into the oncoming lane! :911:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

The fact that law enforcement in some form is an important part of a functional co-operative society (in this case arresting drunk drivers) has no bearing on the previous poster's mildly overwrought knee-jerk response to the extended implications of someone's feeling that their singular anecdote was significant.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

It's my god given freedom right to get wasted and drive into the oncoming lane! :911:

Look, the guy in the drive through liquor store left half the wrapper on the straw of my Long Island ice tea.

It's totally legit. Do I look like I'm in any condition to replace that wrapper?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I've had that happen to me before, in my old 93 Honda Civic. Kinda terrifying, especially on the highway.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Manuel Calavera posted:

I've had that happen to me before, in my old 93 Honda Civic. Kinda terrifying, especially on the highway.

I was riding shotgun in my buddy's RSX and it happened. We were headed to work on a busy 2 lane and I was half-asleep trying to squeeze in a nap and holy gently caress talk about a jump scare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS