Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
RIP Luminosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I haven't played an FPS game in 11-12 years, and I decided to buy this game since it's on sale because "I want to try FPS again". I think I chose the wrong game. Help :(

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
NA CS :allears:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NA needs to uninstall

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just got the ping from thescore, another NA team 16-0d lol

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
We should probs stop sending teams across the ocean and just chill over here for awhile

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Liquid 5-30 vs EU this year

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Obscurity posted:

I haven't played an FPS game in 11-12 years, and I decided to buy this game since it's on sale because "I want to try FPS again". I think I chose the wrong game. Help :(

Lots of good info in the OP. Start there. Other than that just play lots of DM and work on your aim and movement. Fire in short bursts with rifles.

If it's been that long since you've played a FPS you're well behind the curve of everyone else. Just know that going in.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Obscurity posted:

Yup!

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Better watch some how to videos

On the brightside, getting marginally better then the small fish at the bottom is exhilarating, and knowing just how much is possible with practice is addicting.

Like when you start a round with a lovely pistol, and headshot your way to a assault rifle and a clutch ace in a 5v1 as your team whoops. That is better then drugs

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 26, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
D2 16-0 lmao. I guess fnatic's new lineup working out a little better than Luminosity's.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fat Lou posted:

Welcome to deranksgiving!

Im back at smfc after a tie where i played ambassador between a good playet who lone wolfed it too much and 3 brazilliabs who wanted to kick him

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Obscurity posted:

He lowest loooowest ranks are full of people like that so youll do fine aside from the occassional smurf (good player on a low ranked account for stomping purposes)

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Obscurity posted:

abandon all hope ye who enter the rape dungeon

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

just play demolition and arms race till you get the feel.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

loving this aggression from fnatic's new pickup 'dennis', fnatic probably loses that round if he doesn't push out the door after the plant.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

Like when you start a round with a lovely pistol, and headshot your way to a assault rifle and a clutch ace in a 5v1 as your team whoops. That is better then drugs

actual drug addict here this is 100% not hyperbole I would choose to be able to do that reliably vs getting high reliably in a heartbeat

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Smithereens posted:

abandon all hope ye who enter the rape dungeon

:stare: thread title?

Photex posted:

loving this aggression from fnatic's new pickup 'dennis', fnatic probably loses that round if he doesn't push out the door after the plant.

Yeah they're playing really well considering the change was so recent.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Link to the 16-0 fnatic vs luminosity please?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Its really not worth watching.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Twitch, dreamhack, past broadcasts

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
This 1v4 is tied for the best/dumbest clutch of my ESEA games so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwFmVx0GRxY

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Pretty sure I got overwatch reported for awping people through smoke and flashes multiple times that game

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Flusha's cheats got updated with new hitbox code

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

How the hell did JW get 5 kills 7 deaths in the 16-0 game.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

So what's the BenQ monitor that all the nerds buy for this game?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Xl2411z
Xl2430t

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Obscurity posted:

Go play call of duty, they have deathstreaks for noobs like yourself

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Macnult posted:

So what's the BenQ monitor that all the nerds buy for this game?

I use the XL2411Z and it's awesome. I'm going to Micro Center tomorrow to grab a Das Key mechanical keyboard with blue switches since my SteelSeries Apex is going bad.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Turk February posted:

I use the XL2411Z and it's awesome. I'm going to Micro Center tomorrow to grab a Das Key mechanical keyboard with blue switches since my SteelSeries Apex is going bad.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

get browns

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Daeno posted:

get browns

why daeno why

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Daeno posted:

get browns

My wife almost left me because blue/brown switches. Reds only in this house.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

osker posted:

My wife almost left me because blue/brown switches. Reds only in this house.

no idiots you have to get topre capacitive switches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Turk February posted:

why daeno why

get blues if you like doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9EXEpjSDEw

reds are better for gaming, browns are kind of a mix between the two

Of course this is all subjective to an extent but that's the general gist of it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Went 3-11 first half CT side Cache. Somehow ended 18-14 by end of the game.

I don't know. This game is weird.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Blues are loud as gently caress
Reds are not as loud
Browns are the best, as they are quietter than reds while being as good as blues

I
M
O

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm all about the loud as gently caress lifestyle. Already ordered a Red for pickup tomorrow.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

My keyboard has pretty lights.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Mouse chat: is there a good mouse like the Logitech G500 still being made that doesn't look like something out of a bad Star Wars tribute? I love the shape of the G500 and have been using it since it was first released as the MX500 but the G400 and G500 are stupid expensive now for some reason. My G500 also had a bunch of reliability issues (first one didn't hold down clicks consistently, second one is starting to randomly switch DPI settings midgame and won't reset unless I bump my mouse against the desk) so I don't want to get another one of those anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Clear switches

• Locked thread