Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mune
Sep 23, 2006
I just really hope the game's easily moddable so we can have a shitload of mods that add content to the world.

I love this game and I'm so psyched to see it come out on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Picayune posted:

My most-wanted DD mod would be something that added more world. Gransys is neat, sure, but it consists of one city, one town, several dungeons, and a handful of small forts.

I get that the people in the settlements around Gran Soren pulled into the city when the dragon came, and the farms near Maul's fortress were flat-out destroyed, but I guess I want more signs of former habitation? Put the remnants of a town around Windbluff Tower or around the Blighted Manse or even put a little trading center in the giant empty field in front of the Greatwall and it would make Gransys feel a lot less deserted.

I've always wanted more details about Bitterblack Isle. That village at the end, right before Daimon? What's that all about? I loved exploring it and wish it had some backstory.

Also I can guarantee at some point modders are going to start adding in creatures from Monster Hunter.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 2, 2015

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

sitchelin posted:

Also I can guarantee at some point modders are going to start adding in creatures from Monster Hunter.
Don't hold your breath on anything beyond model/texture replacers. Looks like the RE modding community figured out how to load custom maps in RE6 mercenaries, but there are still going to be so many hurdles to over come when it becomes a matter of really adding new content. Something so simple as adding a new weapon could conceivably break the pawn nexus if someone decides to update their pawn on the servers with a custom (new, not simply modified) weapon or armor.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Really the main mod I'm going to want is one that un-nerfs autonomy. I never got dark arisen and I think reading how much autonomy got nerfed discouraged me from it more than it should have. I really enjoyed being able to be sufficient without having a gaggle of jackasses constantly running in the camera view and babbling stuff nobody cares about.

It's going to depend on how much the PC version's files are easy to change but I feel like just changing a number on a skill from 1.2 to 2 should be doable.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Really the main mod I'm going to want is one that un-nerfs autonomy. I never got dark arisen and I think reading how much autonomy got nerfed discouraged me from it more than it should have. I really enjoyed being able to be sufficient without having a gaggle of jackasses constantly running in the camera view and babbling stuff nobody cares about.

It's going to depend on how much the PC version's files are easy to change but I feel like just changing a number on a skill from 1.2 to 2 should be doable.

With this in mind, what is THE skill/augment setup for soloing the game? Preferred class?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

paco650 posted:

With this in mind, what is THE skill/augment setup for soloing the game? Preferred class?

Assassin is good because it gets autonomy and has both powerful ranged and melee poo poo. Strider too, but strider isn't quite the mean motherfucker that assassin is.

You can also do it with mystic knight since they're the only class with balanced magic/physical damage, but you need to get really good with your perfect blocks since that's your only real source of ranged damage. Metal golems are also a motherfucker as a MK.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

paco650 posted:

Anything? The game is fun and good and really does not require min maxing. Try things out.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

paco650 posted:

Assassin in new game+, Mystic Knight for first playthrough.

Check out this speedrun for a general idea on soloing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h72BTD9L-Y

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

Assassin in new game+, Mystic Knight for first playthrough.

Check out this speedrun for a general idea on soloing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h72BTD9L-Y

Butt-naked and running is a good idea.

MK sounds like the way to go. Was wondering if it was worth it to pack on augs like Sinew (for more curative room) or Egression (to not be murdered by ogres and maneaters), or if the standard "more ATK, more DEF" works just as well.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I always grabbed the fighter and strider augments for more carry weight and faster speed since you're gonna have to carry a lot of stuff on your own.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

A solo playthrough is perfectly viable even without original autonomy. In fact, the most fun I've had with this game was a DA solo fighter run. It may be slightly tougher than it would have been in the initial release, but is that really such a bad thing?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Autonomy was more of a thing you used to break the game than anything else. Especially if you stacked it with blood lust or whatever the augment that did the same thing but only at night was.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Honestly even without autonomy in my build, I ditched the pawns for fighting the uber Bitterblack Boss because they'd get destroyed by his vortex move anyway, unless I destroyed him in under a minute with ninefold explosive arrows or something.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If you want to poo poo all over non-golem enemies, Magic Archer and Mystic Knight dump all over everything fairly effortlessly.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

I'd recommend you just deal with it. That 70% attack buff was so broken, and there is a had 80% bonus damage (from augs) cap. Even Vehemence's +10% would end up being a bit of a waste, which means you could stack things like Fortitude/Bastion and the magick variants, stacking with the +30% defense buff on autonomy, turning you as much into an invulnerable tank as you are a a silly damage monster. The way it works now, autonomy gives you enough damage to compensate for the absence of pawns in most cases, and the def buff to dramatcally improve your survivability, without making you completely broken in either way. You CAN get there, but it is an either/or situation, where you stack Clout and vehemence, getting you back up to that original 1.7x physical damage, leaving you with three more skill slots for either tossing in Bastion/Fortitude for physical reduction, or Apotropaism/Awareness. But the important thing is, not both, unless you sacrifice the offense, which still has a huge 30% on physical and magick for a single skill slot.

Provided, it's single player, so breaking your game however you want is fine. I'm just suggesting you roll with your own acknowledgement that it shouldn't discourage you as much as it did. Autonomy is still one of the single best augments in the game.

paco650 posted:

MK sounds like the way to go. Was wondering if it was worth it to pack on augs like Sinew (for more curative room) or Egression (to not be murdered by ogres and maneaters), or if the standard "more ATK, more DEF" works just as well.
For going solo,
Egression is nearly required. Not quite so much for vanilla content, but I very very strongly recommend it anyway.
Autonomy, obviously
For MK
Articulacy. Buffs are tedious as gently caress. Casting them faster helps mitigate that. That and since you said you wanted to roll solo you'll need to get your casts out quickly.
Acuity instead of Clout. A lot of MK's abilities are hyrbid, but they scale MUCH better with your base Magick, and at least in the case of Magick/Greater Cannon, your base str doesn't even matter, making the benefit from STR augs suspect. I assume the same is true of Perilous/Ruinous Sigil/Stone Forest. Additionally, a lot of your shield counter damage is going to end up being Magick anyway. Clout is still really good, especially if you would rather play MK more like a Fighter that can survive spell damage. You're super pressed for aug slots, I recommend taking a pass. Buff your weapons and deal a little more of your melee damage as magick with hyrbid weapons. Use the slower, heavier hitting sword/mace skills if you do. They usually have higher damage multipliers that can actually help you punch through target armor. Burst Strike, Antler Toss, Downcrack. Most recommend Full Moon, but I have trouble really getting damage out of it. It's mostly for the iframes.
Gravitas if you're going to get Stone Forest, so you can sort of stand there and cast it while just tanking damage without (usually) being interrupted.
Inflection is BUGGED in the current versions of the game. Maybe it will be fixed on PC, in which case it would REALLY go along way toward helping MK be more of a caster tank, but as is it more than doubles incoming damage. Be advised.

Ends up being a ton of augs, and there are still tons you probably want to consider. I am a big fan of Bation/Awareness when they are stacked with Autonomy because of how they function mathematically. Can practically make you all but immune to a lot of incoming damage. Of course, not getting hit is better than just not getting hit as hard. Unfortunately, MK has some troubles cover all of it's bases. Your augs are going to depend a lot on your playstyle. Sinew and/or Leg-strength can be really important, if only for your sanity, because heavy armor is heavy. You can just help mitigate this from the character creation by making a very tall, very heavy character. Longer legs (height) increases your base movement speed. Heavier characters can carry more weight by default. Otherwise, movement speed isn't such a big deal for MK and combat.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 3, 2015

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Pawns are awesome and I played this game on and off for an extra month or two just to teach my pawn to be more awesome.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I wish I could play this on PS4. Does anyone know if there are any plans for a port? Dragon's Dogma Online is only available in Japan :( I filled out the petition, hope it helps.

https://www.change.org/p/capcom-release-dragon-s-dogma-online-for-eu-and-na

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Right now the only new non-japan DD thing we know about is dark arisen coming to PC next spring.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Right now the only new non-japan DD thing we know about is dark arisen coming to PC next spring.

I thought it was coming in January.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The definition of spring is open to interpretation

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dont't spook me, motherfucker!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Sioux posted:

I wish I could play this on PS4. Does anyone know if there are any plans for a port? Dragon's Dogma Online is only available in Japan :( I filled out the petition, hope it helps.

https://www.change.org/p/capcom-release-dragon-s-dogma-online-for-eu-and-na

Dragons Dogma Online is actually fairly playable, im not sure if the translation patch can work with console versions but i've been playing the PC version for a few days now.

Oh hey, i forgot to put in anything relevent.

http://ddonline.tumblr.com/startguide.html This will help you set poo poo up to get to playing on PC

Rrussom fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 28, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqWK_ZoiYic

First PC footage

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

That smooth FPS :allears:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Masterworks All confirmed for PC version

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
The letterboxing of that video is worrying me more than it probably should, but that framerate will make the game playable again to me. Can't wait ot pick it up again.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I can't believe in 2016 I'm going to be playing Dragon's Dogma on PC!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really hope it's going to run at 60 FPS though and it's just the video running at 30.

VVV whoops

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 26, 2015

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

I really hope it's going to run at 60 FPS though and it's just the video running at 30.

Crank the video up to 720p or higher. It's 60FPS.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

why isn't it january already

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I'm not sure what is wrong with that aspect ratio in the Youtube video, but for those worried 16:9 4K+ resolutions have already been confirmed.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
It would be nice if 16:10 resolutions are in there too. I originally played w/ my PS3 hooked to my 1920x1200 monitor so it was, like, double letterboxed. :negative:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I'm on my phone on lovely wifi and the video looks like shut buy it's a stable 30 loving fps. I'm sold already.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Im_Special posted:

I'm not sure what is wrong with that aspect ratio in the Youtube video, but for those worried 16:9 4K+ resolutions have already been confirmed.

It is clearly a rushed video. Some wonderful jank going on during the cyclops scene of a guard getting caught up on the monster's arm. That and all of the cloth textures look painfully low res (i am assuming they just haven't gotten around to them, because a lot of other textures look great, if only by comparison). The strange framing probably just has to do with them rushing to cut and encode the thing to get something out to kindle a little bit of mind-share during the holiday rushes.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The final release could be just as janky, ugly, and framey as the console versions and I'd still be psyched just to have it on the PC at all.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
I can't wait to re-create my dudes from the first one in this.

Though this time, I am going to be the creepy goblin guy Snivers and my pawn will be my old avatar (or rather my fatass put into the game)

Rockbear
Sep 11, 2001

Milady, 'tis the clobbering hour.
If there's a way to mod out the weird chest wrap so I can play a proper shirtless barbarian-type character then the port will be worth every penny.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Rockbear posted:

If there's a way to mod out the weird chest wrap so I can play a proper shirtless barbarian-type character then the port will be worth every penny.

If the Resident Evil modding community (MT Framework) is any indication, this will happen in some form or another.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Any word on whether it's still one save game only nonsense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

dPB posted:

Any word on whether it's still one save game only nonsense?

I don't know, but hopefully it's as easy as sticking Arisen.sav into a different folder.

• Locked thread