Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I was on board with Infiltration spec for my Consular until I got Clairvoyant Strike.

Never has a single ability more made a character look like a jackass. TIME TO SWITCH TO SERENITY. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cythereal posted:

The two stories have almost nothing in common, and the Imperial version is much better. Republic Makeb is bland and forgettable.

Yeah, but unless I'm remembering wrong, Republic has you evacuating people from a doomed planet and Imperial reveals that haha the planet was fine the whole time Empire wins!

So Empire first would ruin that reveal.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Geniasis posted:

Yeah, but unless I'm remembering wrong, Republic has you evacuating people from a doomed planet and Imperial reveals that haha the planet was fine the whole time Empire wins!

So Empire first would ruin that reveal.

Not quite right.

The planet was extremely NOT fine the whole time. It only became "fine" because the Empire took drastic steps to save it, then let everyone think it was still hosed.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Lol just got to a point in SoR before going to Yavin 4. Theron and Lana were both like 'Ok ,we're ready to go, unless there's...something else? :blush:' No. No there definitely isn't. We're going now. Get in the goddamn ship.

Incidentally Lana's hair may be the most off-putting thing in this whole expansion. It's like an ivory wig

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Medullah posted:

It was a planned outrage for them to clean up the mountains of corpses that had accumulated prior to the fix yesterday.

Sorry to dig up a post from a couple of pages back but... what? This game is seriously programmed in such a way that inconsequential things like dead enemies persist through a server restart and patch? What could possibly be the point of that? I mean I know it runs on a terrible engine made of hacks and spaghetti code held together by duct tape and bits of string but still, that amazes me.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

General Maximus posted:

Sorry to dig up a post from a couple of pages back but... what? This game is seriously programmed in such a way that inconsequential things like dead enemies persist through a server restart and patch? What could possibly be the point of that? I mean I know it runs on a terrible engine made of hacks and spaghetti code held together by duct tape and bits of string but still, that amazes me.

It was a bug... One of the weirder ones I have heard of, but a bug.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I finished up KotFE's main plotline. I thought it was actually really baller, when are they planning on continuing the story, because I can imagine resubbing whenever they've got more content?

Also is there a way to get my girl Mako back? I mean I like Lana and all, but Mako's been with me since I bought this game on release day.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Also is there a way to get my girl Mako back? I mean I like Lana and all, but Mako's been with me since I bought this game on release day.

I was kinda curious about this, too. If I start romancing Lana, will Nadia (on my Consular) give me poo poo?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Waffles Inc. posted:

I was kinda curious about this, too. If I start romancing Lana, will Nadia (on my Consular) give me poo poo?

Yes.

Mako and Nadia and all the others will most likely return at some point in the expansion cycle. First new story DLC comes in January, then supposedly one new mission every month.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

RFC2324 posted:

It was a bug... One of the weirder ones I have heard of, but a bug.

The rumor was it had to do with fixing mission item loot from mobs, making sure that they don't disappear after a time. The unintended side effect was ANY mob that hadn't been looted wouldn't disappear, do for lazy people like me who don't much care to get the 200 credits and hobbit toes off trash mobs, poo poo would pile up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

General Maximus posted:

No, they were cleaned up by the restart. They did a dry restart on Monday to clean things up so the game was at least playable prior to the patch on Tuesday that fixed the problem.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Can the kingpin bounties be soloed with a companion?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

Used to be able to if you were good enough at your class...now might be tougher.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Jedi posted:

They're super easy now compared to before FE. Just soloed the DK one with a rank 17 affection healing companion on a lightning sorc without breaking a sweat.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is lightning Sorc the way to go? I've been rolling as madness simply because that's what I was when I last played.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

arisu posted:

They're super easy now compared to before FE. Just soloed the DK one with a rank 17 affection healing companion on a lightning sorc without breaking a sweat.

To be fair the DK one is significantly easier than the others, so not the best gauge.

Eltoasto posted:

Is lightning Sorc the way to go? I've been rolling as madness simply because that's what I was when I last played.

Madness is higher DPS, lightning is easier to play.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For anyone who's been on the fence on a MMO mouse, Best Buy has them for $40 right now

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Medullah posted:

To be fair the DK one is significantly easier than the others, so not the best gauge.

Well that's just the one I most recently did. I got all the Bounty event achievements last month solo before the companion nerf, I'm just noting that it doesn't seem to be any harder now than it was then.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
So the sale is on all current bundles. I don't really feel the urge to gamble on the armor packs, but maybe I'll go for some decos.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the panacea posted:

So the sale is on all current bundles. I don't really feel the urge to gamble on the armor packs, but maybe I'll go for some decos.

Yeah I'm a bit bummed, was hoping it would be collections unlocks. :(

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

the panacea posted:

Hopefully some people will buy packs and there'll more/cheaper stuff on the GTN soon.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

I don't see an updated PVE guide on Dulfy and googling seems to be failing me. As an Assassin tank, what mods/enhancements am I shooting for? How much absorb vs. shielding do I want? Every time I go to gear a tank in this game, I feel slightly overwhelmed because of all the different tanking stats and how they interface with the different tanking classes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

I don't see an updated PVE guide on Dulfy and googling seems to be failing me. As an Assassin tank, what mods/enhancements am I shooting for? How much absorb vs. shielding do I want? Every time I go to gear a tank in this game, I feel slightly overwhelmed because of all the different tanking stats and how they interface with the different tanking classes.

This is the go to thread for stats now.

Assassin stat recommendations have drastically changed since 3.0, which seems really bizarre to me.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

This is the go to thread for stats now.

Assassin stat recommendations have drastically changed since 3.0, which seems really bizarre to me.

I didn't quite realize that Defense was on everything now, which makes it slightly easier. Guess it's just a matter of picking between two different enhancements now - the thread helped. Thanks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If there's any other outcasts that have distant family so Thanksgiving is just another day out there want to run Terror From Beyond tonight, I'll pop on around 8 EST and see who's interested.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

I've got a full house of people, but we should be wrapping up right around that time, if I can make it, I shall.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Medullah posted:

If there's any other outcasts that have distant family so Thanksgiving is just another day out there want to run Terror From Beyond tonight, I'll pop on around 8 EST and see who's interested.

I'm down.

Also, engorged with turkey. Kill meeeeee.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

No, they are definitely all much easier now than they ever have been before.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

What's the highest affection rank you need to get a companion to in order to get all their quests/dialogue? Also, is there any way in particular to get affection up fast? I've been using all my non-active dudes to grind Investigation missions for gifts, but I don't know how efficient that actually is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Conversations are gated by player level now. For influence I usually buy a bunch of green gifts from the fleet vendor to get them to 15 or so, then just roll on. If you have a couple hundred thousand from another character that's probably the fastest way.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 27, 2015

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Conversations are gated by player level now. For influence I usually buy a bunch of green gifts from the fleet vendor to get them to 15 or so, then just roll on.

Woah, really? I guess I've been wasting time by getting the affection up for companions I don't actually use in combat.

Thanks for the info, glad I asked before I wasted time doing the same stuff on my alts.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Conversations are gated by player level now. For influence I usually buy a bunch of green gifts from the fleet vendor to get them to 15 or so, then just roll on. If you have a couple hundred thousand from another character that's probably the fastest way.

Almost accurate. Conversations are gated by main story progress, not by player level.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

dmboogie posted:

Woah, really? I guess I've been wasting time by getting the affection up for companions I don't actually use in combat.

Thanks for the info, glad I asked before I wasted time doing the same stuff on my alts.

If you care, there are achievements for killing 1000 mobs per companion. So, if that sort of thing appeals to you, you may want them all to be i10 or so.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Forming up for a TFB run, plenty of room for more people.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Thankful For Bioware

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

IF you feel like playing the original KOTOR, it's currently Free on Amazon Underground for the Android version.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Both KotOR1 and 2 are dirt-rear end cheap on Steam right now as part of the Autumn sale, as well.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Mobile KOTOR is 2.4 gigs and makes you root to move it to SD card.

A shameful app.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finally came back to the game after being gone for a long time, started a new life as a Sith Juggernaut.
Given the changes to professions, which ones are actually worth doing now?

Originally, I was Cybertech, since that let me make mods for my Adaptable Armors and parts for my ship, but it seems like Robe mods went to Synthweaving?
I'm not worried about profit, I just don't know what's actually fun to do anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just realised: You unlock races for all jobs by getting that race to 50 right (i.e. get a Sith up to 50 and you can play as a Sith even on republic side)? So does that mean by making a 60 character using a token you unlock that race by default?

• Locked thread