Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 9 would probably finish off the Sea King arc, but I'm not sure which 'end' it would be.

Would it just end with Saitama beating the Sea King and then playing the villain, or would we see Saitama getting to B class and chilling with Rider? Cause I feel like this would be a good ending, but you'd probably have to shorten down the Genos and Rider vs Sea King to make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Going off of how the rest of the show has been paced, here's my guess for the rest of the episodes:

Ep 9: Sea King vs Genos, Rider shows up, commercial break at Saitama catching Rider and telling him he had a nice fight. Come back to Saitama one punching Sea King, shifting the credit from himself to everyone before him, and then the episode will end with Saitama and Rider getting ramen in the shop, roll credits.

Ep 10: Start with Genos and Saitama visiting Bang's dojo, Bang trying to recruit them, and then they all get summoned to the S-Class meeting. Most of the episode is the meeting, then the Sky King shows up, we get a minute of them showing off and looking like a threat, episode ends with them getting shot out of the sky and a dramatic shot of the spaceship appearing.

Ep 11: Most of the Boros Arc. Saitama infiltration, S-Class vs. Melzalgald, Saitama starts the fight with Boros. No idea where the cut-off will be but there is too much here to squeeze into one episode, because...

Ep 12: End of Boros Arc, and then all the Boros Aftermath. Sweet Mask killing aliens, Metal Bat picking a fight with him, then Metal Knight rebuilding City A in 7 days, so the anime will end with the shot of the new Hero Association HQ and the eventual season 2 can start with a blank slate and no hanging threads to resolve.

The King Arc is also especially good for picking up the next season with because with how the chapter is written they could do a really great gag setting up the introduction for Saitama, and then fake-out to King instead. It also has a cool Genos fight and a moment for Saitama to establish how strong he really is by saving King, and it also has a great chance to do some recapping of Season 1 with King's outburst of all the times he got the credit for Saitama's work. It's just too good of a starting point for them to possibly try to squeeze it in to the end of the season here, not when Boros is such a good stopping point.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I agree that Boros is the most natural, most fitting, and most likely stopping point, it's just I had a chat about this with Xarbala yesterday where we discussed the possibility.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's no chance that this season doesn't end with the aftermath of the Boros fight. It's the only thing that makes sense as a climax for one, but they'll likely just expand the S Class meeting and other scenes if they've got some leeway for run time.

But yeah, I really wish King would show up this year.

e: His arc, not the character, I know he's going to be around a bit.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 25, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think we'll have some anime-original stuff to close out the season, like Saitama going out for noodles with Genos (and maybe Rider) and just having a laugh, with Saitama's closing thoughts about how the fight with Boros reaffirmed that he still has problems but that he still feels somewhat happy right now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think the King arc makes a very strong opener for a second season and Boros is the most natural stopping point. But on its own it's probably a bit bittersweet. Depending on how much the Boros arc is compressed there might be room to fit it in, though I'd expect Madhouse would want to go all out for that fight. I would be surprised if it ends on King but not unpleasantly so. And I can't really blame Seafood for hoping that anime-only watchers won't have to wait a couple years to learn why King is the best and also the strongest.

Terper posted:

I think we'll have some anime-original stuff to close out the season, like Saitama going out for noodles with Genos (and maybe Rider) and just having a laugh, with Saitama's closing thoughts about how the fight with Boros reaffirmed that he still has problems but that he still feels somewhat happy right now.

Odds are you're right and there'll probably be an anime-only denoument.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I wonder if Fubuki will be brought up at all in the last episodes or just have those five seconds she got.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Mordaedil posted:

http://imgur.com/a/fTIQJ

And the missing page

loving King looks so badass.

Well apparently there's a lot of stuff that isn't on Kissmanga. Where do I go if I want to read all the updates?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Madokami has everything, I believe.

The first three volumes are out physically and I think it's later in digitally so you can buy those.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Oh okay!

Matoi Ryuko fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 25, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Uh...little help here?

a spoiler bud

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What came first, the metal or the bat?
Metal Bat's bat was actually once a man who aspired to be the ultimate bat, so he hit baseballs with his face everyday until he transformed into a bat.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Terper posted:

I wonder if Fubuki will be brought up at all in the last episodes or just have those five seconds she got.

I'm guessing they throw in her reaction to Saitama's promotion as part of the Sea King arc ending.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Murata was streaming yesterday

where

e: nevermind it's in the OP

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
I think the side-stories and bonus chapters may well be animated as extras for the DVD/BD releases. It makes sense and for good marketing and doesn't cut into the broadcast air time.

We'll know for sure when the first Vol is out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They confirmed that the BD OVAs will be original stories written by ONE, not extra chapters.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

No, but she'll get an OVA at least partially dedicated to her

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Torquemadras posted:

Wait wait wait

Fubuki, who's pretty much an average human regarding physical strength, has a 19

King is so weak that Child Emperor's gadget does not even register him

=

WHAT THE HELL KING, YOU'RE MORE THAN 19 TIMES WEAKER THAN AN AVERAGE HUMAN BEING (but in our hearts you're the strongest there is)

Goddammit. The story goes out of its way to demonstrate that power levels mean NOTHING in this series, not just because of Saitama's existence, and here I am going :psyduck: about the whole thing.
It's true, power levels ruin everything

There's another manga adapted by this studio that goes out of its way to assign formal and informal power levels to people and then proceeds to ignore them because experience will almost always find a way against new talent. Also one guy's technique is to be a power level accountant and he uses the power of compounding interest to defeat his enemies. (it's Hunter X Hunter)

Eej fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 26, 2015

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Hunter X Hunter is also fully totally amazing R.I.P. Togashi

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

They confirmed that the BD OVAs will be original stories written by ONE, not extra chapters.

OVAs? Not the DVD/BDs of the tv series?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The OVA's are included as bonus on the BluRays.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NecroMonster posted:

Hunter X Hunter is also fully totally amazing R.I.P. Togashi

You scared me for a second. Togashi is still alive. And Hunter will likely return soon. According to past hiatus times.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

You scared me for a second. Togashi is still alive. And Hunter will likely return soon. According to past hiatus times.

Its never gonna return.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Guts getting off the boat changes all the rules. Togashi might even finish Hunter x Hunter.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

sailor moon ate him and is wearing his skin as a suit i think you will find actually if you do some good internet googling

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Togashi's just hibernating. You see that boulder over there? That's him.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Guts getting off the boat

I do not believe this happened. I cannot believe this happened.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Guts getting off the boat changes all the rules. Togashi might even finish Hunter x Hunter.

Guts gets off the boat, while the cast of HxH just boarded one. Such is life.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

I do not believe this happened. I cannot believe this happened.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wheres the translation

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Stairmaster posted:

wheres the translation

on a different boat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
OPM in Fallout 4!

https://www.animelab.com/blog/one-punch-man-takes-on-the-wasteland-in-fall-out-4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjxFTDzeG6A

Where's your cape, Saitama.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Too bad the game is bad.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

that music is awful. Is that from the anime?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terror Sweat posted:

It's the OP for the anime, yeah.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Dafuq?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
On my headphones, the whole song used in that video seems really left-heavy, at least at the start.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

that music is awful

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I enjoy buttrock but I don't have much positive to say about OPM's OP in either visuals or music except from maybe that making it seem like an all action 100% serious shonen in the OP cutting to the absolute opposite for 80% of its run time is kinda funny.