Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Be caught on film with a live boy or dead girl

CGI created by a desperate lamestream media!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Ron Jeremy posted:

What kind of heathen doesn't have mac and cheese for thanksgiving?
In my experience, pacific north west Norwegian diaspora.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Epic High Five posted:

I always suspected that Joe doesn't really know how to party, but this confirms it

All of the food, keep adding proteins until you run out of space on the table, then add a new table

Prime Rib with a well made Horseradish sauce is incredible and considering where this meal's being held i can only imagine how amazing that dish is going to be.

Stretch Marx posted:

Also Mac and Cheese for thanksgiving?

Properly made from scratch (baked) Mac and Cheese is a side worth eating. A former co-worker of mine went out to dinner with his wife a few years back and was shocked that you could get Mac and Cheese at the fairly nice place they went to. It's like Lasagna or any other dish. You can make it cheap, easy, and low quality, or you can make it the right way and it's fantastic. I tried to explain this to my co-worker and disabuse him of the notion that it was just American Insanity but I'm not sure it ever took.

Tl;dr: Mac and Cheese can be as low or high class as other pasta dishes. :chef:

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Defenestration posted:

My landlords bought this triple decker in the 1980s. His company had a perk where if you bought a house within a year of moving to town, they would pay the closing costs. Can you imagine any employer doing that now?
My employer paid the closing costs and fees to sell my old place when I moved to the states. Its still common in relocation packages with Fortune 500-sized companies. Maybe not entry level or mid-career level, but it still happens for sure.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tl;dr: Mac and Cheese can be as low or high class as other pasta dishes. :chef:

Also, mac and cheese for Thanksgiving is a big thing with black families and, well, if you hadn't noticed, the Obamas are black.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you don't shovel mac and cheese into your face at every opportunity you need to get out of my loving country and rejoin your brethren in Daesh.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Also, mac and cheese for Thanksgiving is a big thing with black families and, well, if you hadn't noticed, the Obamas are black.

If you'll also notice, appropriation of black culture is a big thing with white families so we also have mac and cheese

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Kale Caesar? I love kale, but why would you gently caress up a great salad like this? Romaine hearts aren't classy enough for you, Obama??!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Kale Caesar is loving delicious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If you don't have mac and cheese for thanksgiving you're a loving idiot

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Who What Now posted:

If you don't shovel mac and cheese into your face at every opportunity you need to get out of my loving country and rejoin your brethren in Daesh.

Line me up those 72 virgins then.

I also hate green bean casserole, stuffing with celery, and potato salad.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
For those taking objection to the Mac and Cheese assertion, please be advised that I like mac and cheese and prefer it home made. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, but when it comes to Thanksgiving that isn't one of the first things to come to mind. I wouldn't complain if it was a staple, though. Please do not expel your wrath upon me. :(

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
As long as he still has that cranberry sauce that makes the horrible slurping noise as it slides out of the can and still retains the can shape he's a real American to me

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Vice's online tech publication celebrates Thanksgiving weekend the way only Vice would.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

holy moley

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
:perfect:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Much better than this thread crying about people bad mouthing republicans

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

oh my god

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This is incredible

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I want to marry this.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

Prime Rib with a well made Horseradish sauce is incredible and considering where this meal's being held i can only imagine how amazing that dish is going to be.

Yeah this.

Prime rib that you get at Black Angus/Outback/lovely office parties/ or shutters Golden Coral is a waste of good meat.

Prime rib you get at a fine dinning restaurant is loving amazing. basically if you have to chew at all your at the wrong place.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
are we bad people if we just get a turkey ice cream cake from baskin robbins because nobody in our house eats turkey anyway

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

are we bad people if we just get a turkey ice cream cake from baskin robbins because nobody in our house eats turkey anyway

ISIS cell detected.

Send in the drones.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

No.

This is also acceptable.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Just accept that no matter what you eat, somewhere out there, goons are judging you for it.

ETA: ^^^ What in the gently caress, Jones soda.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

ColdPie posted:

Am I supposed to agree with this, or nod my head at this freshly revealed, sage wisdom? Because the Baptist missionary in this story sounds like they need to have the contradiction pointed out and reconciled.

I've read recently, maybe here or elsewhere, that humans don't have to be perfectly consistent in their beliefs. And frankly, I think that's ludicrous. If you have two contradictory beliefs, then you should reconcile them and change one or the other.

Yes? That section is from his description of rationalization.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

happyhippy posted:

ISIS cell detected.

Send in the drones.

How can they be ISIS if they don't like Turkey?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

joeburz posted:

Much better than this thread crying about people bad mouthing republicans

:lol: that anybody was legitimately offended Republicans were proven to be essentially musk rats.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That Toshiba is legit good priced tv, and probably the only good priced black friday tv in 20 years.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah this.

Prime rib that you get at Black Angus/Outback/lovely office parties/ or shutters Golden Coral is a waste of good meat.

Prime rib you get at a fine dinning restaurant is loving amazing. basically if you have to chew at all your at the wrong place.

I object to it that prime rib/roast beef is traditionally the Christmas meal and "Santa creep" needs to end. No carols/decorations/sales until December 1st, I'm putting my foot down

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

:master:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
We are having Thanksiving #1 at a family friend's house with turkey tonight, and then those same people are coming to our house tomorrow for Thanksgiving #2 with prime rib.

Extreme gluttony is the True American Way.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

I object to it that prime rib/roast beef is traditionally the Christmas meal and "Santa creep" needs to end. No carols/decorations/sales until December 1st, I'm putting my foot down

Eat whatever the gently caress you want on Christmas and Thanksgiving.

poo poo man, my family usually just did a rotisserie BBQ pork loin on thanksgiving and a honeybaked ham on christmas.

Also, santa creep is why nordstroms loving owns... provided you can afford it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:crafty:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

heh. I knew i recognized that from somewhere.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fried Chicken posted:

At this rate it won't be long before we start seeing Christmas decorations, fixtures and sales after Labor Day

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Be caught on film with a live boy or dead girl

What about a sexy ghost?

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I mean, it's pretty clear at this point that the war on Christmas has turned and it has become a war of expansion.

e:if it was even threatened to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

At this rate it won't be long before we start seeing Christmas decorations, fixtures and sales after Labor Day

Halloween's losing ground so it's not long.

• Locked thread