Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
Is there a confirmed release date for that update yet? I haven't seen one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Mexicat posted:

Is there a confirmed release date for that update yet? I haven't seen one.

They said sometime in December.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
The only DLC I want is the Patriarch's jorts for the player. I think the priest dude would look great in them.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

quote:

Killing Floor isn't really an Early Access game. I know it claims to be Early Access, but that's just an excuse for launching with less than half the content expected. It was actually just a normal full release with missing content but they won't admit it.

Look at this guy, he found out Tripwire's nefarious plan of releasing an unfinished game into early access.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Kikas posted:

I wonder if "Bug fixes and improvements" means the Grenade Pistol gets changed.
That's the part of the patch I'd love to see explained in full detail.

Hope it's actually gonna be useful outside of level 25 zed time.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
"alpha" "beta" "early access" "release" are all words that have completely lost their meaning and can be used interchangeably, so easily confused kids being confused by confusing usage of confusing terms isn't exactly shocking.

blame the PR for shaping public perceptions like that (and the public like us for eating it up).

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Where does he keep his healing syringes if he has no jorts?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Tagichatn posted:

Look at this guy, he found out Tripwire's nefarious plan of releasing an unfinished game into early access.

The Jig is Up TWI. Time to come clean.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

randombattle posted:

Where does he keep his healing syringes if he has no jorts?

Where do Drug Mules keep their drugs?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

How come this Early Access game isn't finished yet?? Tripwire is loving us again!!!

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

MadBimber posted:

Questioner, most important question, does he still say 'One in the pipe!" ?

Good news, probably! http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/755839384582214036

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

How come this Early Access game isn't finished yet?? Tripwire is loving us again!!!

Well there is Early rear end DayZ Style and Early Access KF2 Style. I mean the term is pretty straight forward. Access to a game, before it is finished.
Alpha/Beta are more oriented towards the old model of:
Adding Features: Alpha
Polishing and adding Content: Beta
Publisher getting Money: Closed Beta -> Pre-Order -> Release
Fixing the game: Post-Release
This usually means post-release support is limited to a rather short timeSpan.

While the "new" model:
Early rear end: Get to play an unfinished game for 1-10 years and pay for it!
Open Beta: Get to play an unfinished game for 1-10 years and enjoy the Freemium model
Release: Line in the Sand (or a big SALE)
Post-Release: Pay more for Win/Cosmetics or just because (at least the game might get new stuff for a long time (or not))

Adding content/features and bug fixing can happen in every step (or not at all). Also :homebrew:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
did you just not get the whole heavy sarcasm portion of that post

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Coolguye posted:

did you just not get the whole heavy sarcasm portion of that post

I did. Just felt like posting that.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Whoever earlier in the thread said that even if Tripwire kept the original design, people would still complain, you're right on the money. People are now complaining that the Patriarch's returning voice actor is from a lack of creativity and laziness while complaining that they wanted him to keep his old design because they're changing too many things.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

internet nerds angry about things

experts suggest 'it's actually a good thing because it means they have no real complaints in their lives'

rebuttal from soup can jim 'THESE GOLDURNED KIDS GOT NO IDEA WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE REAL PROBLEMS I HAVE 3 FUCKIN' TEETH AND MY NAME IS SOUP CAN JIM. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHY I HAVE THIS GOLDURN NAME? ITS BECAUSE I WAS SO GOLDURNED HUNGRY ONE DAY, I AINT EATEN FER A WEEK, SO I ATE A GOLDURNED SOUP CAN. BOILED IT WITH FUCKIN SALSA.'

top story tonight at 11

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Computer nerds ruin everything.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No matter where you go, there will always be complaints, because there are enough human beings out there that every opinion it's possible to have on absolutely any issue actually exists. It's got nothing to do with computer nerds hating everything. The internet gives people in general an easy way to voice what they think, that's all. Whether or not those complaints have legitimacy is the important part. The patriarch's missing jorts, for example, is a legitimate complaint because everybody in the game should be wearing jorts.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Will TWI survive Jortgate?
Time will tell.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
How will the Pat deal with close-quarters Zweihander spam?

EVERYTHING IS SO SIMPLE WHEN YOU HAVE A FLAMETHROWER FOR AN ARM

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

new perk class is hobo, weapons are bindle, rocks, and soup can grenades

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

lol @ everyone suddenly not wanting a Payday 2 crossover anymore

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

lol @ everyone suddenly not wanting a Payday 2 crossover anymore

I would like to say that for the record, I was never, ever in favor of a Payday 2 crossover. gently caress that game and gently caress those devs.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
Played this game after a while. I love demo but, he still needs more ammo. During boss fights I run out of all my ammo and have to run around, praying for ammo boxes.

Edit: I'm sick of the RPG-7, I see it in a ton of games. I want the fat LAW that nobody used. I loved that weapon.

RickDaedalus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 27, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hm, so how exactly does Lacerate work? Do Medic weapons gain some small damage over time, or did they always have that and Lacerate simply increases it. Does it work against Hans?
Should I just go with Regeneration and wait until level 20 when my healing darts poison Zeds?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

get regen because lacerate is the worse of two bad options and get vaccination because it's arguably the best skill in the game

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skoll posted:

I would like to say that for the record, I was never, ever in favor of a Payday 2 crossover. gently caress that game and gently caress those devs.

Man you are more sore than a guy who just figured out what edging is the night before

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

Man you are more sore than a guy who just figured out what edging is the night before

And gently caress you too. I'm going to peg you so hard.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

so now that there's a 50/50 chance of Hans/Pat.... does that mean there's a 50/50 chance you'll prepare incorrectly for the wrong boss and rage yourself to death?? that seems like it could be frustrating

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

so now that there's a 50/50 chance of Hans/Pat.... does that mean there's a 50/50 chance you'll prepare incorrectly for the wrong boss and rage yourself to death?? that seems like it could be frustrating

Two docs, a zerker, three supports with AA-12s, plus spares bought with the party's collective money. Should work against the Matriarchy even.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As far as I've seen, they've only shown off Patriarch on the new map (?), so maybe it's map-based. Paris will always have Hans, the new map will always have Patriarch, etc. I think that'd probably be better gameplay-wise than having it be chance based.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

Two docs, a zerker, three supports with AA-12s, plus spares bought with the party's collective money. Should work against the Matriarchy even.

Considering we have zero idea how the Matriarch will be implemented, that's jumping the gun a bit.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kikas posted:

Hm, so how exactly does Lacerate work? Do Medic weapons gain some small damage over time, or did they always have that and Lacerate simply increases it. Does it work against Hans?
Should I just go with Regeneration and wait until level 20 when my healing darts poison Zeds?

It's for when you decapitate zeds with your weapons. They'll die faster when they lose their head, so they don't become an issue while they wander around.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

As far as I've seen, they've only shown off Patriarch on the new map (?), so maybe it's map-based. Paris will always have Hans, the new map will always have Patriarch, etc. I think that'd probably be better gameplay-wise than having it be chance based.

They specifically said its going to be random.

Curious how zerking vs the patty will be since I don't play any other class.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alteisen posted:

They specifically said its going to be random.

Curious how zerking vs the patty will be since I don't play any other class.

Oh. Welp.

Maybe they'll have a sound cue near the start of the game like the "hey a FP/scrake/etc spawned" noises so that you can know in advance.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

Considering we have zero idea how the Matriarch will be implemented, that's jumping the gun a bit.

Eh, not really. Considering how most of the classes deal bullet type damage it is very unlikely we will see a boss resistant to bullets, a zerker to take damage is always handy and two doctors should always be enough to keep a team alive.

Not the most fun, but probably the most reliable boss-killer team for people who care about their win ratios.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I was playing on a custom map server the other day, got voted into a new map. Oh great, it's a trainer map. Well, maybe I can gently caress with the guys trying to level. I'll just explore it a bit and...

:wtc:

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I am the Dosh Bling King
yep i got all those cheevs.

pats self on back.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

MadBimber posted:

I was playing on a custom map server the other day, got voted into a new map. Oh great, it's a trainer map. Well, maybe I can gently caress with the guys trying to level. I'll just explore it a bit and...

:wtc:

where are the Sharpshooters pants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

She Bangs the Drums posted:

where are the Sharpshooters pants?

Pants inhibit your range of motion. This is clearly a tactical decision.