Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
or alien rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
alien rage is really cheap http://store.steampowered.com/app/217920/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is stonehearth just a dwarf fortress style game? How is it?

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Serious Sam 3 sucks, don't buy it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Which one should I get for $5?

Serious Sam 3 or RAGE?
Rage lets you beat pretty much the entire game using just a revolver with custom crafted explosive bullets and a scope that's not actually attached to the gun. It's got a plot that's plain unfinished, tackled-on open world and racing, and its graphical engine is a monument to stupidity and a waste of effort, but it is fun to shoot poo poo. It's a more fun tech demo than HL2 or Doom 3, but that's not saying much.

SS3's main achievement is lending its engine to Talos Principle.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kibayasu posted:

SS3 if you have to get one but just be aware that SS3 isn't as good as the previous games, not even Serious Sam 2.

Okay, SS3 wasn't super good, but it wasn't worse than Serious Sam 2.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Call Me Charlie posted:

Which one should I get for $5?

Serious Sam 3 or RAGE?

unless you have an AMD card, get RAGE. for a good time, chuck boomerangs constantly, get pop rockets for the shotgun, and ignore the racing when possible

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Relin posted:

Her Story is a pretty great "game". I got all but 59ish clips (over 75%) then had to employ the BLANK search trick for the rest. It's neat when you make an "ah-ha" connection.

I'm kind of glad games like this are pushing the envelope of what a "game" is. Also there are some really nice covers of "Wind and Rain" out there, Crooked Still is always good.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I like it a lot. It's still very unfinished, with half of the jobs still not implemented, but building is very intuitive and it's the most charming of the DF-like games that I've played. The devs seems fairly active and I've had plenty of fun with it already.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Funny you guys are talking about RAGE, I just bought it for two bucks on a gamesplanet flash sale after completely forgetting about its existence for years.
At least the 20+ gig install size was way ahead of its time :unsmith:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Okay, SS3 wasn't super good, but it wasn't worse than Serious Sam 2.

Serious Sam 2 was only bad in that it went for really terrible "wacky" humour and designs, and the occasional vehicle section. Outside of those vehicle sections the shooting was still a lot more fun than SS3.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bunleigh posted:

I am also interested in hearing about Sub-Nautica.

I got it because I remember playing this old submarine game on PS1 where you explore and find treasure and look at cool stuff in the ocean and I thought this would be like that, but it is basically just a survival game and you swim to punch rocks underwater to make blocks to make things to make other things and barf on that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Speaking of dwarf fortress-likes, anybody play gnomoria recently? how is it? I haven't touched it in a few years, I had fun with it but I kept running into an issue when I was doing landscaping where the gnomes would remove floor tiles in such a way that it would leave a bunch of inaccessible floating floor tiles and I couldn't get rid of them at all and sometimes my gnomes would be stuck up there and they couldn't escape and that was annoying. Dunno if that still happens or not with the current version.

AxeManiac posted:

I got it because I remember playing this old submarine game on PS1 where you explore and find treasure and look at cool stuff in the ocean and I thought this would be like that, but it is basically just a survival game and you swim to punch rocks underwater to make blocks to make things to make other things and barf on that.

Sounds like you maybe played everblue, and should check out endless ocean and endless ocean blue world on the wii. I dunno why you thought the open world survival crafting game would be like everblue tho, no offense

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm so confused as to why Steam is having a pre-Christmas sale, and there's no way this is the main sale, is there? :confused:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Sounds like you maybe played everblue, and should check out endless ocean and endless ocean blue world on the wii. I dunno why you thought the open world survival crafting game would be like everblue tho, no offense

Since they said PS1 I'm guessing Treasures of the Deep. Endless Ocean is really cool though.

Anatharon posted:

I'm so confused as to why Steam is having a pre-Christmas sale, and there's no way this is the main sale, is there? :confused:

There's a Winter sale at the end of December too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Anatharon posted:

I'm so confused as to why Steam is having a pre-Christmas sale
Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/etc./etc. in the US.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

FirstAidKite posted:

Speaking of dwarf fortress-likes, anybody play gnomoria recently? how is it? I haven't touched it in a few years, I had fun with it but I kept running into an issue when I was doing landscaping where the gnomes would remove floor tiles in such a way that it would leave a bunch of inaccessible floating floor tiles and I couldn't get rid of them at all and sometimes my gnomes would be stuck up there and they couldn't escape and that was annoying. Dunno if that still happens or not with the current version.

there has been quite a few changes over the past couple of years, I imagine a fix for that would have occurred along the way.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Miley Virus posted:

Since they said PS1 I'm guessing Treasures of the Deep. Endless Ocean is really cool though.

Oh yeah, everblue was ps2 huh. Whoops

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

What? Is this true? I was going to buy this game in a 4 pack to co-op with my buddies, but if the story is SP only and co-op is only side stuff, that's super lame and I'll probably pass on the game.

Absolutely not. I have no idea why people are stating that Dying Light is only a semi-coop game.
You are forced to start out in single player, and have to do a few missions that works as tutorials. It will take an hour or two, and then you are told that you can join other peoples games and they can join yours.
After that, everything can be done in co-op except for the final mission.

Kragger and I did the full game in co-op and had people join in here and there.
It's one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Dying Light's Ultimate Edition is on sale for $21ish again over at Nuuvem: http://www.nuuvem.com/bundle/dying-light-ultimate-edition

Not explaining more than this since I'm tired of it: Chrome, Hola plug-in, set to Argentina (or Brazil if that doesn't work), pay through your PayPal.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The Kins posted:

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday/etc./etc. in the US.

It's actually spreading its tendrils abroad just like Halloween, I'm in Europe and got a tablet from a Black Friday sale at a local retailer.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The Joe Man posted:

Dying Light's Ultimate Edition is on sale for $21ish again over at Nuuvem: http://www.nuuvem.com/bundle/dying-light-ultimate-edition

Not explaining more than this since I'm tired of it: Chrome, Hola plug-in, set to Argentina (or Brazil if that doesn't work), pay through your PayPal.

Currently trying this with Civ 5 Brave New World, cause it's available for something like 2.8 Euro. Can't finalize purchase, keeps bugging out.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

hola ... is not good

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Fart of Presto posted:

After that, everything can be done in co-op except for the final mission.

And when you consider the fact that the final mission is about a 5 minute cutscene, it's not really a factor

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal is available for $5. This has a whole new engine compared to the two previous games, and a return to the top-down style of the original. In addtion to the campaign mode, there are two additional modes: Prospector Zone and Tormented Space - each is a galaxy of 200 stars, each with up to 9 planets. Prospector Zone has you collect artifacts placed on the map, while Tormented Space is the challenge mode. All stages (including the story missions) have an online leaderboard with the capability of tagging your score with a group name.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

mike12345 posted:

Currently trying this with Civ 5 Brave New World, cause it's available for something like 2.8 Euro. Can't finalize purchase, keeps bugging out.

Lots of games have a paypal region check now too, if it doesn't work give up as there's no way around it as far as I know.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Hog Inspector posted:

splinter cell blacklist TRIP REPORT:

It takes at least 30 seconds to launch from uplay and won't launch at all from steam. The game stutters and hangs every five seconds. It crashes in less than 15. I cannot access the options menu because the game has you pick difficulty and starts the opening cutscene directly. My computer is less than two months old.

ubisoft :razz:
if they haven't fixed it that's probably due to it only looking for an update on game launch, and only running 1 patch at a time. it is very frustrating and you're not to only one who's ran into those problems

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Anatharon posted:

According to the lists of sales here, the pattern has been Summer Sale, Halloween Sale, Autumn Sale, Holiday Sale for years.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

The Joe Man posted:

You can't do this anymore for games like that since they check your Paypal country.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I bought Space Food Truck. It's a pretty interesting deck-building game. Hit me up so I can horribly ruin our efforts: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TastyLemons

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but what's the consensus on the Steam Link and Steam Controller?

Also, I'm interested in playing steam games on my new 50 inch flatscreen TV, my pc is pretty close to my TV so do I just plug in an HDMI cable? If it's that easy, I'm kinda wondering what the point of the Steam Link is? I guess just for people who have their computer in another room and don't want to run long cable?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

-Blackadder- posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but what's the consensus on the Steam Link and Steam Controller?

Neither one is very good. They both suffer heavily from being first run products.

The Link has a lot of lag issues that can hopefully be patch but SteamOS itself feels like an alpha of an OS. The controller is really cheaply made and uncomfortable. The touchpad is also not a great mouse replacement expect for turn based titles.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Someone tell me if Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender sucks, and what I should get instead if it does. Cheers!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

good but still early access so unfinished

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

-Blackadder- posted:

Also, I'm interested in playing steam games on my new 50 inch flatscreen TV, my pc is pretty close to my TV so do I just plug in an HDMI cable? If it's that easy, I'm kinda wondering what the point of the Steam Link is? I guess just for people who have their computer in another room and don't want to run long cable?

if you use nvidia, get a raspberry for cheaps to do the same.

https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-embedded

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

-Blackadder- posted:

Also, I'm interested in playing steam games on my new 50 inch flatscreen TV, my pc is pretty close to my TV so do I just plug in an HDMI cable?

If your computer's already within reach to your TV, just plug in the HDMI cable, mess with the overscan setting in your video card's settings to ensure the picture fills the screen or doesn't extend past its borders, make sure your audio's coming out of the right device (through the HDMI cable to the TV, or just to whatever speakers it went to before), and that's it.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
If you have a Samsung TV, some models are crazy. I had to rename the HDMI input manually to say "PC" before it would display correctly.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

The Joe Man posted:

Anyone know if the keys are region locked? I know that Nuuvem doesn't sell to foreigners anymore but I can just ask a brazilian who isn't currently busy being gunned down by the death squads.

admataY posted:

Trying to see if there is any interest in jumping on Dying light 4 pack, would make it 15$ per person .
anyone might be interested ?

Well, I want Dying Light so 4pack would be nice but I want to see if Amazon does some deal for it today or if it can be gotten cheap from Nuveem first.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

The Kins posted:

Someone tell me if Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender sucks, and what I should get instead if it does. Cheers!

It's okay. I played it for like 40 minutes and felt like I'd experienced all there was too see. It didn't have a good sense of "gunplay" or whatever you want to call it when it comes to explosions/sound effects/weapons sounding and looking good and making you want to shoot more stuff, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Gromit will probably mention it again today, but we still need 2 people for the Rocket League 4-pack. I think it came out to just over $10 each for the purchase from EU. Come and join in to score goals with bicycle kicks in awesome race cars. The devs even added a Something Awful flag option for your car!

• Locked thread