Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

my family is cool because while they're straight-ticket republican voting white flight suburbanites, they're self-aware enough to realize that and have embraced just being giant assholes in good humor and aren't literally angered by liberals or liberalism existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Bears won Scott, you rear end in a top hat.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

usbombshell posted:

(I don't even eat pie)

So why do you even bother to live?

EDIT: I mean, unless you're demonstrating the one phrase that could actually end Donald Trump's chance at the nomination.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Avoiding pie... boy, I dunno.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Radish posted:

I'm certainly sure that the year long investigation was building evidence against these blatant acts of subverting justice and surely not just biding time hoping that the video wasn't going to be released so it could be brushed under the rug as a Good Shoot!

Seriously there really needs to be a federal police investigation group in the Department of Justice that solely investigates corrupt police and prosecutors. This "well they didn't obviously infringe on his constitutional right when they murdered him for no reason and the evidence was lost by the police department in question so there's nothing we can do other than release this report" is really, really not cutting it.

Well, there was a board investigating police misconduct in Chicago. Last year the Chicago PD pulled one of its members over and when they realized who he was, they turned off their cameras and literally beat the poo poo out of him and arrested him on a false charge.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/24/suit-cops-mistreated-motorist-after-turning-off-dashboard-camera/

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Radish posted:

I'm certainly sure that the year long investigation was building evidence against these blatant acts of subverting justice and surely not just biding time hoping that the video wasn't going to be released so it could be brushed under the rug as a Good Shoot!

Seriously there really needs to be a federal police investigation group in the Department of Justice that solely investigates corrupt police and prosecutors. This "well they didn't obviously infringe on his constitutional right when they murdered him for no reason and the evidence was lost by the police department in question so there's nothing we can do other than release this report" is really, really not cutting it.

I gave up on the Justice Department after Trayvon's murder.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Sucrose posted:

Well, there was a board investigating police misconduct in Chicago. Last year the Chicago PD pulled one of its members over and when they realized who he was, they turned off their cameras and literally beat the poo poo out of him and arrested him on a false charge.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09/24/suit-cops-mistreated-motorist-after-turning-off-dashboard-camera/

I didn't see anything about beating the poo poo out of anyone in that article, but I did see a clear violation of department policy in turning off the dash cams. Were the officers involved punished in any way for jeopardizing their/the public's safety in such a flagrant manner?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

my family is cool because while they're straight-ticket republican voting white flight suburbanites, they're self-aware enough to realize that and have embraced just being giant assholes in good humor and aren't literally angered by liberals or liberalism existing
This makes them worse, not better, than typical Republicans.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Casimir Radon posted:

My brother went to school with one of the suspects in the white supremacist shooting in Minneapolis.

Mighty Whitey in all his glory. Nice choice of quote.

I have a friend who I go to school with who knew him in high school. He says he's was a "gun nut racist".

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Ripoff posted:

Do you think Matt Drudge jacks off when he posts a witty, racist-as-all-hell headline?

http://www.c-span.org/video/?169849-2/news-review
(7:12)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Actual conversation in the living room watching the Lions kick the Eagles in the teeth with family and inlaws while my sister screamed from her kitchen the turkey wasn't done yet.

"I hope when they tear down Joe Louis Arena that loving fist goes too."

"What the hell is the deal with that anyway, I mean, it's just a fist."

"And why is the fist black?"

"Because Joe Louis was black."

"OH! You're being racist! That's racist to say that!"

And we had a huge bowl of mac and cheese for Thanksgiving.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 27, 2015

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
If you don't eat pie, gently caress you.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I'm the guy on the left going "What the gently caress Joe, that was my pie."

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Inferior Third Season posted:

This makes them worse, not better, than typical Republicans.

Still probably less annoying to deal with on Thanksgiving, though.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Jack2142 posted:

Interesting I assume the only viable type of Mac is Kraft in this scenario.

Absolutely.

Teflon Don posted:

If you don't eat pie, gently caress you.

:agreed:

The only camps I'll support are for people that don't like pie.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Good to see Biden still takes time to meet with his advisor on the left during the holidays

http://www.theonion.com/article/biden-huddling-closest-advisers-whether-spend-200--51513

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Grundulum posted:

I didn't see anything about beating the poo poo out of anyone in that article, but I did see a clear violation of department policy in turning off the dash cams. Were the officers involved punished in any way for jeopardizing their/the public's safety in such a flagrant manner?

Haha, lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Actual conversation in the living room watching the Lions kick the Eagles in the teeth with family and inlaws while my sister screamed from her kitchen the turkey wasn't done yet.

"I hope when they tear down Joe Louis Arena that loving fist goes too."

"What the hell is the deal with that anyway, I mean, it's just a fist."

"And why is the fist black?"

"Because Joe Louis was black."

"OH! You're being racist! That's racist to say that!"

And we had a huge bowl of mac and cheese for Thanksgiving.

As we all know, any mention of race at all is racism. Why else would liberals be offended by my completely innocuous comments!?

Was there ever any explanation as to how mentioning that a black guy was black is racist?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sucrose posted:

If law enforcement didn't want cops being able to avoid being recorded they wouldn't let them have the ability to turn off their dash cams in the first place. Being able to turn off your cameras, abuse someone, and then get a slap on the wrist is the system working as (the police) intended.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Why do people not expect this behavior from police officers? Cops don't have some special test to make sure their not immoral. in fact you can get turned down because of intelligence.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hollismason posted:

in fact you can get turned down because of intelligence.

Only in the same way that businesses refuse to hire educated people because the people are using the job as a stepping stone and will vacate in under a year.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The intelligent rookie is a myth. Most cops are like the cousin you hung out with at Thanksgiving who's not a complete moron, but still keeps making racist jokes.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 27, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hollismason posted:

The intelligent rookie is a myth. Most cops are like the cousin you hung out with at Thanksgiving who's not a complete moron, but still keeps making racist jokes.

You seem to be defining intelligence as "agrees with me".

I'll remind you that Tea Partiers are more well educated than the nation at large.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

computer parts posted:

I'll remind you that Tea Partiers are more well educated than the nation at large.

Nope. http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

computer parts posted:

Racism is generally a sign of a lack of intelligence, actually.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

computer parts posted:

I worked with police officers for years. The vast majority are not intelligent but only barely above moron. This was in the south, but still the majority of police officers are not these super smart guys who go solve crimes.

Most of them join the police because if you don't have a criminal record its a instant middle class job usually.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

You literally didn't read the article.

quote:

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

I even bolded the relevant section for you.

Oh the best part: the article continues that a score of ~21 correlates with an IQ of 104, which is above average intelligence.

Thump! posted:

Racism is generally a sign of a lack of intelligence, actually.

Not in the slightest.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

computer parts posted:

I even bolded the relevant section for you.

You said, "you seem to be defining intelligence as 'agrees with me'" when in fact, intelligence was being defined as, "intelligence".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

30.5 Days posted:

You said, "you seem to be defining intelligence as 'agrees with me'" when in fact, intelligence was being defined as, "intelligence".

What I said was:

computer parts posted:

[Cops refuse to hire educated people] in the same way that businesses refuse to hire educated people because the people are using the job as a stepping stone and will vacate in under a year.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

Thump! posted:

Absolutely.

:agreed:

The only camps I'll support are for people that don't like pie.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

computer parts posted:

What I said was:

quote:

This shouldn't come as a surprise, this is the third time I've quoted you exactly, including in the post that contained the link that we are arguing over. This is the quote that I directly responded to, in the thing we're arguing about.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That's kind of the point though. Anyone who really is intelligent isn't going to join a local PD but instead go through Criminal Justice program and maybe join state or federal programs like the DEA etc..

Patrol Officers are generally just average intelligent or below intelligent people.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

computer parts posted:

Not in the slightest.

Actually it overwhelmingly is.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

30.5 Days posted:

This shouldn't come as a surprise, this is the third time I've quoted you exactly, including in the post that contained the link that we are arguing over. This is the quote that I directly responded to, in the thing we're arguing about.

Nothing in that article counters what I said. In fact, it says that cops generally score above average in intelligence.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

computer parts posted:

Nothing in that article counters what I said. In fact, it says that cops generally score above average in intelligence.

Does the article say that the department rejects candidates for scoring too high on an "agrees with hollismason" test?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

30.5 Days posted:

Does the article say that the department rejects candidates for scoring too high on an "agrees with hollismason" test?

Does this post that I quoted when I made that statement say anything about departments rejecting candidates?

Hollismason posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

computer parts posted:

Not in the slightest.

Is this where you cite James Watson as if a handful of nominally intelligent racists proves the bulk aren't morons?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Cops do not score above average IQ. They're generally the intelligence as the Population. Meaning there's some really smart ones, really dumb ones, and 99 percent are just average. I worked in the south where more were dumb than smart though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

Not in the slightest.

Can you give me an example of an intelligent racist?

Not cunning, intelligent.

• Locked thread