Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Swagger Dagger posted:

TIL if Dave eats 1 slice of pizza he will end up eating 15.

I was inspired to make this abomination:

I am not thankful for what wrestling has done to me :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Luigi Thirty posted:

Crowd is ratchet

*pregnant

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Jerusalem posted:

lmao

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

[piper]Baby Jesus[/piper]

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The baby from Eraserhead got buff!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I am thankful for Dave Meltzer.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Karmine posted:

"We are awesome" is the worst chant of all time.

this is as true a statement as has ever been

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'm a first time subscriber to WOR and Dave is way less rambly and tough to listen to than I thought he'd be. Granted I'm only listening to the post SS edition so maybe he's more on point with a big show to discuss?

it definitely varies. like you assumed usually when he's focused and has a specific point to make it's not super noticable, but in segments like the mailbag where he doesn't have things he wants to say already in his mind he definitely tends to get all over the place

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 26, 2015

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Jerusalem posted:

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jerusalem posted:

Amazing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

it definitely varies. like you assumed usually when he's focused and has a specific point to make it's not super noticable, but in segments like the mailbag where he doesn't have things he wants to say already in his mind he definitely tends to get all over the place
the very next episode starts with a 5 minute ramble about the first Starrcade so yeah. It was interesting though :)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

its honestly one of the quirks i really love about dave. his mind is just always going a hundred miles an hour

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

its honestly one of the quirks i really love about dave. his mind is just always going a hundred miles an hour

The best is when Bryan is trying to make a point, because he always allows these lengthy pauses for effect and Dave takes the silence as a cue to talk or thinks Bryan was waiting for input back, so he immediately chimes in and Bryan ends up having to rush to catch up so he can get back to his original point :allears:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I also love when Bryan is making a point, and before he finishes, Dave just steamrolls in and starts discussing it, and Bryan is pleading with him to let him finish his point first, but Dave has none of that and keeps going.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CVagts posted:

I also love when Bryan is making a point, and before he finishes, Dave just steamrolls in and starts discussing it, and Bryan is pleading with him to let him finish his point first, but Dave has none of that and keeps going.

:hfive:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Any time Dave effectively treats Bryan like how Bryan treats Vinny is wonderful times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of my favorite bits from the last year was on a Filthy Four Daily when both Bryan and Tom admitted they were too intimidated by Dave to ever try and stop him when he just starts steamrolling over them :allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

There was one last week where Tom was trying to make a point, Dave talked over him, apologized, and continued talking over Tom 30 seconds later.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

One of my favorite bits from the last year was on a Filthy Four Daily when both Bryan and Tom admitted they were too intimidated by Dave to ever try and stop him when he just starts steamrolling over them :allears:

WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN BIG DAVE MELTZER RAMBLES WILD OVER YOOOOOUUUU?!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Big Dave going off on TripleMania is one of my favorite WORs of the year

"So, the Villanos ran wild early--"

"--walked wild ..."

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I am definitely going to buy the audio book of Death of WCW as spoken by Bryan Alvarez

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was one last week where Tom was trying to make a point, Dave talked over him, apologized, and continued talking over Tom 30 seconds later.

I was hoping they'd actually start calling him the San Jose Steamroller.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Got the black friday deal. Where can I find the year-end best of shows? I need something for long drives the upcoming week.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They're posted on the board. This is the 2014 one which has links to the others.

http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=177993

http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/bestof2014.mp3

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Spermgod posted:

I can't blame fans for not being emotionally invested, the whole point of wrestling is to make the fans be emotionally invested.

Oh, yeah, it really does go both ways, though I kind of liked Keller's theory that playing to the chants leads to wrestlers going for a style that doesn't really lend itself to emotional investment, meaning that this stuff perpetuates itself.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I am definitely going to buy the audio book of Death of WCW as spoken by Bryan Alvarez

is that a thing that's being made, because i'd love to hear someone say out loud some of the awful run-on sentences in that book

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Thankfully it is. Alvarez announced it on that Mat Men podcast posted earlier, said he has to be done recording it by end of December

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that sounds great; I have full faith that Bryan will be able to bring a barely-concealed frothing rage to the audio recording, even a decade and change later

(seriously I re-read that book every few months because it's like a three-hour read and hilarious)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah I bought it on the recommendation of (probably) this very thread and it's really great. I have a bunch of long air travel coming up in the new year so I think I might get the audio version as well.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I can only hope he does the "Bryan gets mad and emphasizes words oddly" thing

Because I can't wait to count the number of times I hear "GOLD BERG" or "ROO SO"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DynamiteKidd posted:

Because I can't wait to count the number of times I hear "GOLD BERG" or "ROO SO"

He types like that on the Board. I'm pretty sure he'll do it for a recording of his book.

I love when Filthy Tom makes fun of him for it and it always takes him forever to catch onto it. He doesn't even know that he does it.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
And when he gets super angry he. says. every.word.in.his.sentence.like.THIS!!

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Luigi Thirty posted:

He types like that on the Board. I'm pretty sure he'll do it for a recording of his book.

I love when Filthy Tom makes fun of him for it and it always takes him forever to catch onto it. He doesn't even know that he does it.

That tic is great because it's better almost every time. I thought he'd never top "Eric Young is the TV champion, so he wanted to fight POP EYE, because Popeye was on TV"; that was almost 5 years ago. Hell, on the Survivor Series review this year he went on a shouting tangent about SHAY MUSS

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

DynamiteKidd posted:

I hope he get's Dave to voice his introductions. And RD to do the TNA afterword.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok hit me with some of B & V best rage-reviews? Preferably in the 2010 era (when I listened to B & V). Cheers.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

ICHIBAHN posted:

Ok hit me with some of B & V best rage-reviews? Preferably in the 2010 era (when I listened to B & V). Cheers.

March 10, 2010 is a pretty good one about TNA vs WWE

March 9, 2014 features a fantastic Vinny rant about TNA hosed up a wargames match

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Vinny losing his poo poo over the terrible MizTV divas segment, and 'divas revolution'. I can't remember the date but it's also here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-gAwGWHy_0

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

This is their magnum opus, although it's less rage and more dumbfounded hilarity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opM6eyjIYH0

Skip to 1:45 if you have headphones or general taste.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ICHIBAHN posted:

Victory Road 2009

If only for Brian and Vinny's reaction to a match so bad, Brian named his daughter after one of the participants.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Bryan's best written freakout is this:

quote:

Mr. Anderson vs. The Not So Great Muta. Anderson was dressed as 1989 Sting and Muta was played by Eric Young. Trying to comprehend any of this is beyond my capacities. I don't even get it in storyline. This tribute is supposed to make Sting mad? It's supposed to make him so mad he wants to beat up Anderson on PPV? Anderson and Young proceeded to have a comedy match. Anderson missed some splashes in the corner and went "WHOO!" It appears Eric thought this was bullshit and was going to leave. Let me repeat that. ERIC YOUNG THOUGHT THIS WAS BULLSHIT. THE GUY WHO WEARS TWO loving FAKE BELTS AROUND ALL THE TIME THOUGHT THIS WAS TOO ABSURD TO BE A PART OF. I -- get ready -- HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THIS loving SHOW~!~!!~!!~!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets better. Anderson slapped him and a "real match" started. Tenay was telling us that we shouldn't underestimate Eric Young's ability. WE SHOULDN'T UNDERESTIMATE ERIC YOUNG'S ABILITY? After all these loving years of bullshit, NOW we're supposed to take him seriously. AND THEN ERIC loving YOUNG WON. He hit the moonsault, then Gunner ran out for distraction. He only distracted the ref, though. Anderson wasn't distracted. Young then blew green mist in his eyes and pinned him with a small package. HE PINNED MR. ANDERSON. I wouldn't give two fucks about this if it was a bullshit mid-card angle on this show, BUT MR. ANDERSON IS CHALLENGING STING FOR THE TITLE ON THE NEXT SHOW. Gunner and Anderson beat up Eric afterwards until Sting made the save. This was the most mind-boggling booking in many, many years, even by Impact standards. Sweet loving gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ICHIBAHN posted:

Do they still have the Adrenaline Flush compilations? I should go back and listen to some of those.

• Locked thread