Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ignore Endless Mike, Last Stand of the Wreckers is absolutely vital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

More Than Meets The Eye issue 47

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 25, 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Dude wtf don't post 0-day spoilers untagged.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Jesus motherfuckin' Christ, that issue. I'm still aghast. It started so groan-inducing and then it got turned around on its head completely and my jaw dropped and never came back up and dang. loving hell. Everyone read MTMTE. Please.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is more than I generally like to see posted from one book in these panel threads, but this is the very definition of this thread.

From Groot #6, Groot has sought out Jean Grey to help him find someone on Earth with her psychic powers and is recounting this story to her.

Jean locates the person for a reunion.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Thanks for not making me post those pages.

How is Groot so good?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Uthor posted:

Thanks for not making me post those pages.

How is Groot so good?

Jeff Loveness needs to write more comics. He wrote that team up between Iron Man and Broo that was great in A+X and he did that Spider-Man/Inhumans/Captain America crossover last year. He needs an ongoing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I love that they reference the first Marvel Groot. That panel that reads "...Things that horrified me." is depicting Tales to Astonish #13 from 1960.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

X-O posted:

This is more than I generally like to see posted from one book in these panel threads, but this is the very definition of this thread.

From Groot #6, Groot has sought out Jean Grey to help him find someone on Earth with her psychic powers and is recounting this story to her.

Jean locates the person for a reunion.

The one time i venture here for my weekly update on fantastic panels and you leave the place all unkempt and dusty. some of it even got in my eye. goddamit.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

It should come as no surprise that the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia Al Ghul has issues, and a somewhat...complicated childhood.

When Damian was young(er), during something called the year of blood, Ra's and Talia had Damian collect various artifacts around the world, usually while loving up whatever guardians/tribes that were guarding said artifact. Robin: Son of Batman #6 shows the final part of his quest.

I absolutly love Son of Batman, and these pages in particular show that the little guy really is his fathers son.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

McCloud posted:

It should come as no surprise that the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia Al Ghul has issues, and a somewhat...complicated childhood.

When Damian was young(er), during something called the year of blood, Ra's and Talia had Damian collect various artifacts around the world, usually while loving up whatever guardians/tribes that were guarding said artifact. Robin: Son of Batman #6 shows the final part of his quest.

I absolutly love Son of Batman, and these pages in particular show that the little guy really is his fathers son.

See also what the r means to him, conversation with him and nobody, and how he deals with his mom. Such a great issue.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

McCloud posted:

And then Goliath at the end :cry:

Reading forward in the solicitations, he'll be back :)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Could go here. Could go badass.

Peak Megatron.

The Transformers #28

Also, snapped this up on the Lightning Deal for :10bux: . Tell me I have not made a mistake: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1477805990/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toshimo posted:

Also, snapped this up on the Lightning Deal for :10bux: . Tell me I have not made a mistake: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1477805990/

Well for $10 it's not bad. I pit anyone who paid full price.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Robin Son of Batman 6

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 28, 2015

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Transformers MTMTE 15.
Unbeknownst to most of the Lost Light crew, the Phase-Sixer Overlord is being held in a compartment in the ships hull. Chromedome had been entering his memories (his closest friend, Rweind, had no idea) to see what made him and the other Sixers so powerful. Overlord subsequently escapes and begins slaughtering Autobots.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
So, if I'm reading that correctly, the guy who loves Reload just blew up jettisoned pod that contained Reload?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Yup, because Overlord is an indestructible sadist who spent 3 years creating a death camp and torturing/maiming/killing as many Autobots and Decepticons as he could get his hands on just because he thought it would be fun. And Rewind being caught in the same place as Overlord is a fate worse than death. And if you need context on Chromedome and Rewind's relationship...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 28, 2015

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I can't keep track of any of those drat robots from panel to panel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Racecarist!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I hoenstly have that problem when Transformers stuff is posted too. I imagine it's easier if you're reading it and get familiar with the characters but still.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you're reading it's generally pretty easy right up until some random dude who hasn't appeared in 6 issues shows up.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I feel like it'd be easy if I were more into Transformers growing up. Where are my Beast Wars comics, there are characters I'd recognize.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Endless Mike posted:

If you're reading it's generally pretty easy right up until some random dude who hasn't appeared in 6 issues shows up.

I read More than Meets the eye until #37, and I still have barely any idea what the gently caress is going on in those fight panels. I guess it's something you lose if you haven't done it in a while :v:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ever since 2000 Beast Wars has pretty much been ignored by the world.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know :(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

TwoPair posted:

I feel like it'd be easy if I were more into Transformers growing up. Where are my Beast Wars comics, there are characters I'd recognize.

A few have actually been introduced recently (by the other main author, John Barber, who likes to reinvent things and obsess with continuity....) but aside from Waspinator they're so different they are not recognizable, most of them are from this weird colony where everyone has a tribe and Blackarachnia is some kind of witch/preistess. Rattrap isn't one of those, he's actually a duplicitous politician who is basically Starscream to Starscream (who's now president of Cybertron)

Yeah, I friggin' loved Beast Wars, it's my second favorite Transformers thing to MTMTE.

Simon Furman years ago also had a Beast Wars comic that is not in IDW's continuity.
It was loving horrible, because it was nothing like Beast Wars and is the same story Furman always tells over and over again now.

MTMTE THOUGH: You don't NEED to recongnize any of the characters.
Almost none of these guys have actually had personalities or roles before.
Those that do are kind of reinvented or have their more relevant moments in the actual series.
Like, there were no gay transformers before this comic.
You don't need to know jack poo poo about Transformers to care about these characters. It BARELY references other IDW continuity, beyond the other IDW books that James Rogers ALSO wrote

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's not a matter of recognizing them from outside the comic, but of recognizing them from within it. They all have very busy designs and mostly similar silhouettes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bongo Bill posted:

It's not a matter of recognizing them from outside the comic, but of recognizing them from within it. They all have very busy designs and mostly similar silhouettes.

At least it's not the movies.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's kinda surprising how expressive a mono-eye can be. Poor Chromedome.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's kinda surprising how expressive a mono-eye can be. Poor Chromedome.

At least he's not whirl or shockwave, who used to have faces but had them forcebly removed by the pre-war Senate and can't really bend them or anything. Because that's just one of the things the guys in charge of Cybertron did to people who spoke out against them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:psyduck:
Suddenly Megatron wanting to kill everyone makes a lot more sense.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I have bad/good news for you.

Megatron was right.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

There was a time travel arc that showed what would happen if Megatron never rose up and the old regime kept existing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I understand the terrible thing they're conveying but I keep being distracted by that drat magnificent transfo-mustache.

vvvv Noooo! :cry:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 29, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
That character is one invented by the author.

Also the one who has had his face replaced with an LCD was that guy's twin
so he also once had a rocking robo-stache before the senate defaced him.

That's how evil the functionists are, they will not stop even if you're robot Freddie Mercury

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

He could use emoticons to express himself like the rest of us. ;-)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chinaman7000 posted:

He could use emoticons to express himself like the rest of us. ;-)

What's the emoticon for the crushing despair of having your trasnformo-stache taken away?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Toshimo posted:

What's the emoticon for the crushing despair of having your trasnformo-stache taken away?

: ( (

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Toshimo posted:

:smith: