Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phew, good thing he did the slow motion. I might have missed it otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Phew, good thing he did the slow motion. I might have missed it otherwise.

He does that on a lot of his short videos to pad them out to a minute, I suspect it's a youtube partner thing.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah youtube has this weird thing where you don't get paid ad revenue for videos below one minute or something like that, so if you're posting a video <1 minute you pad it with a slow motion replay.

(Use adblock, kids)

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

:fap: Keep going, I'm almost there.

Sorry about the blue balls man.

Maybe some outdoor shots will fix you up my friend. :)

*** Press Release ***

You are most welcome.

Asante sana na mungu akubariki.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

One day I'll make enough money to buy a bike that nice. One day... :unsmith:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

M42 posted:

One day I'll make enough money to buy a bike that nice. One day... :unsmith:

Double that expectation. If you can afford to buy two, you can afford to own one.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Blow posted:

Maybe some outdoor shots will fix you up my friend. :)
Ahh yeah, that hit the spot. Thanks for posting these!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I'm the guy on the right.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I enjoyed that show.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Wasn't someone talking about V8 bike engines a while back?

Guzzi 500CC V8 for GP and TT racing.

And here's how it sounded:

http://gilera.org.uk/Audio/TT.WAV

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I can only imagine how adorably tiny the pistons are in that.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I did the math: if it's a square design, the bore and stroke are both 4.3 centimeters (1.7 inches). About the size of one of those little plastic containers of spices.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Picture 8 double shot glasses. :guinness: (I know I know, those are usually undersquare, but the volume is right)

Surprisingly mellow.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Back when guzzi innovated and raced. Loooong time ago.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Just think. No TC, no ABS, no quickshifting, skinny as gently caress tyres with barely any grip and those bikes from '55 would do 170+ mph.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Motsew posted:

Just think. No TC, no ABS, no quickshifting, skinny as gently caress tyres with barely any grip and those bikes from '55 would do 170+ mph.

...after absolutely parking it in the preceeding corner because of said tyres and brakes and suspension. I'd argue modern race bikes are far more inherently dangerous but this is more than mitigated by the enormous strides in safety equipment, track design etc.

See also: IOMTT.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Motsew posted:

Drum brakes and constant-rate shocks too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I do have to say I miss the days of insanely competitive top-level racing in small displacement classes. Those crazy 50cc I6 and v4 engines are awesome from an engineering standpoint, and taking them racing is even more awesome.

It's fun to see what people come up with when they aren't allowed to solve problems with displacement

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Motsew posted:

At the shop where I used to work, we rebuilt a '66 Ducati 250cc single. It's just an engine in a frame with some tires and brakes, and it was absolutely wild. Modern tires reigned it in a bit, but the sensation of speed is so much more pronounced on older bikes.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
'twas a nice +14 day today, so I got to spot the local CBX down by the pizza place near work:

I so wanna just hang around one day and hear it riding away.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Do those handle much different to a cb750?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Steal it... for science

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

At the shop where I used to work, we rebuilt a '66 Ducati 250cc single. It's just an engine in a frame with some tires and brakes, and it was absolutely wild. Modern tires reigned it in a bit, but the sensation of speed is so much more pronounced on older bikes.

My dad used to race a 250 and still has it along with a couple spare engines, I hope I get it as a gift one day :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Remember that guy with the lovely 4 can hack job?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Renaissance Robot posted:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

New bōsōzoku trend?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Laguna pipes?

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, this is far enough over the top that it doesn't bug me. I'd love to build a bosozoku bike someday.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

These are absolutely awesome. Everybody here would be much more cooler dudes if they had exhausts like these on their bikes.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
My only problem is with the one on the right promising way more than it can deliver; there's no way a maxi scooter has 6 cylinders, and I demand technical (if not exactly optimal) functionality from my ridiculous stylistic farkles.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

My only problem is with the one on the right promising way more than it can deliver; there's no way a maxi scooter has 6 cylinders, and I demand technical (if not exactly optimal) functionality from my ridiculous stylistic farkles.

I had a single with twin exhausts - one for each exhaust port :iia:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
drat Hondas not backing in with the rest...

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I've seen videos of dudes backing it in on a Grom, so IDK what the problem is with this guy.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

captainOrbital posted:

I've seen videos of dudes backing it in on a Grom, so IDK what the problem is with this guy.

Just likes going against the grain, I guess. To be fair I parked behind the from afterwards but the spot I was in was also backed into by a girl on a Kawasaki sport bike of some sort.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

El Jebus posted:

drat Hondas not backing in with the rest...

What about the Honda in the foreground?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

yeah not sure if the back one is a sportster or what but I spy at least four hondas in this photograph

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

A MIRACLE posted:

the back one

Smooth.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Has anyone ever done an objective Valkyrie vs Harley bagger test? By objective I mean someone who isn't a diehard Harley fan and preferably not a cruiser rider at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
At least 3 of those bikes are Hondas. Not sure if the red one is actually a motorcycle