Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I am so hyped for this livestream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
This episode contains way more magick than I was expecting from a video game website. I have no clue about half the poo poo they're saying.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I love that the site has a "Free Screensaver" there and when you click it's just a screenshot with this text under it:

"Actually this is not truly a screen saver. It is an image you can use as your desktop image. Enjoy!"

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Holy moly, Heave! Nice job!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The full CyberPower "ad" is pretty amazing.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

build your own computer, folks

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
They're streaming over on Twitch, and Frank West's computer has been hardlocked less than 20 minutes in. This is going to be a fun orb adventure.
http://www.twitch.tv/thefplus

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

X-Ray Pecs posted:

They're streaming over on Twitch, and Frank West's computer has been hardlocked less than 20 minutes in. This is going to be a fun orb adventure.

Just came to say this

e: can't wait for more telephone poles

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Already off to a great start.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
pig ate tank

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 23, 2015

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That sure was, uh, something.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I found this video that someone had mentioned and skipped around through it before listening to the episode yesterday, and the whole thing had highly entertaining music throughout. From what I could gather it was written and performed by EJ and friends themselves, because his name was called out amid the dope rhymes. Super disappointing that it was either broken for the stream or had been removed from the game orb, because that poo poo was amazing and would've made for an even better time :shroom:

e: and also the text-to-speech!

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 23, 2015

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My life is so much better now, thank you Elvis handjob.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That livestream increased my Sex Power so much it's incredible.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That livestream increased my Sex Power so much it's incredible.

Mine went up a good 4, 5 levels thanks to that stream. I may need to invest in some lead-lined boxers.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

User-Friendly posted:

I really hope they do another NaNoWriMo one. I love stupid people with terrible ideas for books.

I'd like to see another one of those. I'm glad I learned my lesson and stopped insulting the entirety of human culture by trying to write for that. Everyone involved in that "contest" are blithering stains on society.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

X-Ray Pecs posted:

So, do I just watch all of these past broadcasts, and that pieces together into the full stream, or am I just hosed if I want to watch it?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

In the ballpit thread about it, they said they were going to stick it on youtube once they'd had a chance to edit it all together.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
Speaking of which:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3vj31hlv0

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Anyone got a link to the professional magic nerd going on a nazi rant someone mentioned in the last episode?

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
Here's that video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMQI-6xNN0

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

If you're reading this, Ridiculists: I've got a website in which everything is in all caps. Everything. I'm thinking over a hundred pages worth of caps. When copying some of that poo poo into a doc, do you want me to keep the all caps?

Chelb fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 27, 2015

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
I can speak only for myself, but I say absolutely. It'd be the episode where everyone uses Kumquat's shouty voice.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Squint posted:

I can speak only for myself, but I say absolutely. It'd be the episode where everyone uses Kumquat's shouty voice.

Okay, great... this is still going to take a long time.

How long, max, should my doc be? I'm trying to cut a lot of the filler out but that's still leaving me with enough words to fill the Pacific Ocean.

note: A lot of this is in very large font.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 27, 2015

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I feel like I wouldn't really want an entire hour+ episode of everybody shouting into their mics.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HEY HELLO HI

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

I feel like I wouldn't really want an entire hour+ episode of everybody shouting into their mics.

The font's just about all in Impact, even. It is a very impactful website.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rollofthedice posted:

Okay, great... this is still going to take a long time.

How long, max, should my doc be? I'm trying to cut a lot of the filler out but that's still leaving me with enough words to fill the Pacific Ocean.

note: A lot of this is in very large font.

Rule of thumb according to Lemon is 13 pages, I'd assume of back-to-back content, would fill a whole episode. I'd say having more isn't necessarily bad if it's all fun, since it gives options, but any more than 20 is too much.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Rule of thumb according to Lemon is 13 pages, I'd assume of back-to-back content, would fill a whole episode. I'd say having more isn't necessarily bad if it's all fun, since it gives options, but any more than 20 is too much.

I can't just pull a Montrith? I don't want to give much away, but the website I'm making a doc on is about as crazy and verbiose as John Kitchin.

(though definitely a different strain of crazy, that's for sure)

edit: Okay, so I checked Montrith's doc for Kitchin and it has over twice as many words as mine - but my doc has more pages because I'm copying the website's formatting, which is insane. I think I'm okay.

Chelb fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 27, 2015

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

Speak for yourself, that's ALL I want.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RyokoTK posted:

Are you throwaway baby?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Waffleman_ posted:

HEY HELLO HI

SSSSSSSEMEN

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

WHAT ARE....SEX FANTASIES?!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Cleretic posted:

any more than 20 is too much.

I think forums poster A Meat needs to hear this more, since I swear I heard Lemon mention offhandedly that his last doc was like 23 pages.... which was short for that guy. :v:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Dragonatrix posted:

I think forums poster A Meat needs to hear this more, since I swear I heard Lemon mention offhandedly that his last doc was like 23 pages.... which was short for that guy. :v:

Some have been 35 40 pages if I recall

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dragonatrix posted:

I thought Cheapskate was the over-provider with his 40+ page docs.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Dragonatrix posted:

Cheapskate's the guy who has long docs jam-packed with amazing content. I tend to trim mine to around 18-25 pages usually, seems to be a good length where good things don't get lost, but if something doesn't work there's enough variety. By the way, I don't know how it is for other people, but I tend work in a way where I'll first find a bunch of good stuff and dump a bunch of links into a doc, and then revisit things again to make sure that they're actually funny when I look at them again, and not a result of being tired. The main negative is that things sometimes get erased that way. R.I.P. haircutting doc, you were too good for this world.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

RyokoTK posted:

I thought Cheapskate was the over-provider with his 40+ page docs.

That's me. I have one doc that ran 70 pages. But when your subject won't shut up, what can you do?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
so this urth thing is pretty much a single player simulation of second life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Holy poo poo guys, Ricky Republican.