Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's fairly good at just running around HOT because overload air will probably kill anything up to veteran in just a single cast, if it doesn't, fresh air will have it back up in 5 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Mercurius posted:

In addition to those you listed, PS warrior still works fine without Berserker and the old Guardian dungeon builds are also pretty good. Condi Hybrid Engineer in particular doesn't usually use Scrapper (although we were using it in the raids since function gyro was nice for ressing people in electrified floor).
While both PS warr and guard work without specializations, they bring a lot to the table. Looking at Arms, for example, while it seemed like a pretty solid trait line pre-HoT, it's completely outclassed by the insane damage boosts from Berserker, not to mention it makes the class a lot more fun to play. I even got myself some viper gear (and now I'm broke) for my warr mostly for Gorseval, and holy poo poo is that a fun spec to use compared to old condi specs. With a little alacrity and a touch of quickness you can get 5-6 primal bursts from longbow in in a single berserk mode.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Liberatore posted:

If we're talking PvP, Druid is far superior than anything you can have in that slot, for any build, even if you don't use glyphs at all. Same with Reaper and Scrapper; Scrapper mainly because every build wants Adaptive Armor, which is basically a free 600 toughness, and the other traits are still useful to most builds; not to mention the function gyro and sneak gyro.

Even Berserker is pretty much always better than default Warrior because Berserk is a consistent +7% bonus damage, +15% attack speed and stability. The Primal Burst skills are not always better, but you still have the option of using the old burst skills when necessary.

Yeah this is what I'm noticing, with the exception of Berserker b/c I really do never seem to see them. I still see some regular Rangers but they almost always get wrecked. I can't even imagine going back to my regular Condi Engie at this point, even if Scrapper is objectively kind-of more boring. Then again I actually have Condi-Cleanse now and don't just melt in a 2v1 or higher, so that's nice. Thankfully as you said by omission Mesmers and Guardians can still be viable, even if the novelty alone is pushing for more Chronomancers and Dragonhunters as of late.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Tempest, and Elementalist in general, is unplayable until the fireball graphic is returned to its former glory Ride the Lightning is back to its old 15s cooldown, double range self.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Is Silverwastes still decent gold? I need some gameplay that will generate me some digital money to feed my pretty princess habit.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

They should make it ground target with a cooldown proportional to distance moved.

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Is Silverwastes still decent gold? I need some gameplay that will generate me some digital money to feed my pretty princess habit.

Even if it's not the best gold per hour, you'll always see like 5 taxi listings in LFG for Silverwastes, compared to one HoT map per 2 hours.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

AmericanGeeksta posted:

it's easy and basically guaranteed loot. even if it's not the best source it's still pretty up there, so you could be picking worse options really.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah this is what I'm noticing, with the exception of Berserker b/c I really do never seem to see them. I still see some regular Rangers but they almost always get wrecked. I can't even imagine going back to my regular Condi Engie at this point, even if Scrapper is objectively kind-of more boring. Then again I actually have Condi-Cleanse now and don't just melt in a 2v1 or higher, so that's nice. Thankfully as you said by omission Mesmers and Guardians can still be viable, even if the novelty alone is pushing for more Chronomancers and Dragonhunters as of late.
All of them are probably Druids, the icon is not being displayed correctly for whatever reasons. Ancient Seeds is just too good of a trait to miss out on, and if they're not using Glyph then they're dumb for abandoning CC.

As for Guardian, Meditation build is still viable. It's just that longbow and traps on DH are absurdly good that everyone's choosing DH spec and picking both trap and meditation skills while swapping scepter to longbow.

While Berserker is somewhat of an upgrade, it's not a major upgrade compared to other specs like Reaper/DH/Chrono/Scrapper/Tempest/Druid/Herald. Almost all Primal Burst skills suck, Rage skills are a big let down nor you have any choice of using them, and the spec itself doesn't offer much of a damage boost, defense or team buff.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fun fact, the dragonhunter traps do not work on Tequatl, making their skills very poor at hunting dragons.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Fun fact, the dragonhunter traps do not work on Tequatl, making their skills very poor at hunting dragons.

"i will hunt these dragons by laying down tiny traps on the ground they can soar over"

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

None of the dragons I know will pass up a trap.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is that the Tyrian equivalent of "but I have a black friend"?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Thank you for providing me with my new desktop background.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

always leave mapchat on

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A new 80 means more pretty princess pics to share and heckle.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Aside from Silverwastes, what are some good money making spots currently?

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Aside from Silverwastes, what are some good money making spots currently?

I don't know how long this would last for, but the last zone in orr has both giant eyes and charged lodestones as map rewards, which sell for a bit on the trading post.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

jjac posted:

I don't know how long this would last for, but the last zone in orr has both giant eyes and charged lodestones as map rewards, which sell for a bit on the trading post.

I actually need Charged Lodestones because I'm an idiot and want to build Sunrise, so this is good to know.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Aesis posted:

While Berserker is somewhat of an upgrade, it's not a major upgrade compared to other specs like Reaper/DH/Chrono/Scrapper/Tempest/Druid/Herald.

It's okay, you can say it. "Compared to all the other specs but Daredevil." :q:

e: PSA free heroic XP booster in the gemstore.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 27, 2015

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

jjac posted:

How do zone rewards work exactly?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Really going all-out on that Black Friday door-buster.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Depends. You get extra evade and are also immune to movement impairing conditions if you choose the trait (or just pick Bound for hilarity). While staff definitely doesn't offer sneak play like D/P and such it's orientated towards overall damage dealing. Physical skills offer damage dealing and interrupt while having short cool down. Daredevil may not offer significant boost like other elite specs, but it definitely offers different play style compared to Thief while bit more forgiving about mistakes.

Whereas Berserker doesn't offer anything new or improved.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Berserker lets you run condi builds with warrior competitively. In PvE at least.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Aesis posted:

You get extra evade

Every time someone brings this up i see red. We already had an extra evade for the grand majority of the time the game has been out, in fact we had 3 evades with the same max endurance which is significantly better than just more endurance.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Aesis posted:

Depends. You get extra evade and are also immune to movement impairing conditions if you choose the trait (or just pick Bound for hilarity). While staff definitely doesn't offer sneak play like D/P and such it's orientated towards overall damage dealing. Physical skills offer damage dealing and interrupt while having short cool down. Daredevil may not offer significant boost like other elite specs, but it definitely offers different play style compared to Thief while bit more forgiving about mistakes.

Idk what groundbreaking things DD is doing in PvP, but in PvE land it does gently caress all. Especially when compared to other elites.

Like thank gently caress I can dodge 3 times (again), gives me slightly better ability to survive before the Tempest flies through and murders everything I was dodging.

Shiro Rev by itself is as good or better than the entire Thief class.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Warriors used to have far and away the best DPS in the game, but after a few patches they don't anymore. This is a huge problem and is killing my desire to play the class at all.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Also a Trading Post Express.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
It only offered me a free regular XP booster, not a heroic one.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So in laying on the couch perusing YouTube in a post-Thanksgiving stupor, I came across a SweetFX et al video on external graphics programs for GW2. I play on a bit of a potato laptop (average about 30 FPS with everything on low), would any of these help my performance? Or are they more for people with high end machines want to squeeze more sexy-ness out of the game?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
They may (will) improve performance for players that are running the in-engine equivalents of their features, such as anti-aliasing. If you already have everything turned off, you won't see a performance boost but you could use them to get the game to look better at a small FPS loss.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Warriors used to have far and away the best DPS in the game, but after a few patches they don't anymore. This is a huge problem and is killing my desire to play the class at all.

The key is to pretend berserker doesnt exist and just keep hundred blading all day every day.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

malhavok posted:

Every time someone brings this up i see red. We already had an extra evade for the grand majority of the time the game has been out, in fact we had 3 evades with the same max endurance which is significantly better than just more endurance.
Was this before they changed Acrobatics? I haven't played Thief that much tbh. Having to generate more endurance for 3 evades does suck though, but at least there are some ways to generate Endurance using Daredevil although not consistent.

Generic Octopus posted:

Idk what groundbreaking things DD is doing in PvP, but in PvE land it does gently caress all. Especially when compared to other elites.

Like thank gently caress I can dodge 3 times (again), gives me slightly better ability to survive before the Tempest flies through and murders everything I was dodging.

Shiro Rev by itself is as good or better than the entire Thief class.
Daredevil isn't groundbreaking even in PvP tbh. It just offers alternative play style. It can be fun, but to conventional Thief players it probably won't offer anything at all. As for Shiro Rev it's a mix of Warrior and Thief but way better than both.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Berserker lets you run condi builds with warrior competitively. In PvE at least.
It works to some extent in PvP but not very well. Your only option is to stack Burning as fast as possible while continuously slashing with sword for some Bleed stack, but they're easily cleansed and you're screwed with doing minimal damage. Other professions do the same job much better.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Yes. In PvP dps means jack poo poo because really, who sit still and take all the small hits unless they run out of skills to remove cc/immobilize or interrupt you? That's why power Warrior builds shifted to Eviscerate or Rampage (one hit wonder builds) but it never worked out so well. And now with everyone having good amount of cc and stun breaker with short cool down at disposal, it's even more difficult. Hell, even constant Blind can screw you up totally. Even if you hit with Eviscerate, you can't deal enough follow up damage. tbh you probably won't be able to hit a thing because of nonstop cc. Stability won't help because it'll be stripped so fast :v:

Basically whatever build you use on Warrior, other professions can do the same thing much better. Warrior is too focused on throwing everything in first 10 seconds that if you can't do enough damage to cripple enemy in the time frame your only option is to either run or die.

Mazreal posted:

The key is to pretend berserker doesnt exist and just keep hundred blading all day every day.
Arc Divider (GS Primal Burst) is actually better than Arcing Slice though.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

malhavok posted:

How do zone rewards work exactly?

Do 2 events, get the reward, game picks the next one randomly from the list.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Aesis posted:

Arc Divider (GS Primal Burst) is actually better than Arcing Slice though.

Not that much. Not enough to warrant losing any of the base warrior talents. I should say I'm talking about PvE though so who cares really.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Mazreal posted:

Not that much. Not enough to warrant losing any of the base warrior talents. I should say I'm talking about PvE though so who cares really.
True in PvE. Strength/Arms/Tactics works wonders and there's no reason to take Berserker.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Aesis posted:

Whereas Berserker doesn't offer anything new or improved.

Yeah what everybody else said. Additionally nobody takes the physical skills ever, Dash is long enough that you can't use it in SR without revealing yourself, and bound/vaulting over and over is no more engaging than the heartseeker spam everybody complains about so much. I don't think it's a particularly different playstyle, either, given the way s/d worked before the acro nerf. For PvE dps d/d is still superior to staff (which is only competitive if you land all the weakening strike charges on the same target), and we no longer offer anything unique to the party aside from adequate DPS that a tempest, scrapper, or herald can all trump while bringing a ridiculous amount of support and versatility to the team. Blind and stealth, thief's previous offerings, are now done better by other classes and from what I've seen are useless in raids anyway.

Aesis posted:

Daredevil isn't groundbreaking. [...] It can be fun, but to conventional Thief players it probably won't offer anything at all.

Also, this was my point.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Aesis posted:

True in PvE. Strength/Arms/Tactics works wonders and there's no reason to take Berserker.

You know that Always Angry is a 7% dmg boost with 100% uptime right? And Bloody Roar is another 10% while in Berserk. Its better than Arms's Bloodlust.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

UchihaHirou posted:

You know that Always Angry is a 7% dmg boost with 100% uptime right? And Bloody Roar is another 10% while in Berserk. Its better than Arms's Bloodlust.
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

You also get nearly 20% more crit damage in ferocity from Blood Reaction (in Berserker gear), Quickness, and Fury when hitting Berserk mode, 15% attack speed for the duration, and slotting Berserker also lets you use Blood Reckoning for 6 seconds of adrenaline from crits and some extra crit chance, and Head Butt to instantly fill your adrenaline bar.

• Locked thread