Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm listening to the MGSV spoilercast and (big spoilers about Huey) I can't believe that anyone thinks Huey didn't kill Strangelove. I pretty much agree with the rest of the Huey assessment but for fucks sake, it's so obvious.

They seem to have gotten into the bad habit of not taking anything in videogames at face value and instead trying to make the story more complicated than they actually are.

What got me nettled was when they were talking about LISA and missed the point so hard on the choices that the game takes away from you. there's a yell and the screen flashes red whenever there is a joy monster. In addition whenever you reach those points the same effects happens to Brad implying that the joy drug is effecting him and forcing him to make the ultra violent choice. The game making the choice for you is the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The special birthday cutscene should have Huey strung up as a pinata and getting beaten with sticks by MB soldiers in the background.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm listening to the MGSV spoilercast and (big spoilers about Huey) I can't believe that anyone thinks Huey didn't kill Strangelove. I pretty much agree with the rest of the Huey assessment but for fucks sake, it's so obvious.

I didn't listen to the spoilercast, but did Pat and Liam ever say if they finished the Paz stuff, or at least looked up how it ends, or do they still think she's alive?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rhonne posted:

I didn't listen to the spoilercast, but did Pat and Liam ever say if they finished the Paz stuff, or at least looked up how it ends, or do they still think she's alive?

They know the paz thing is fake.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

They know the paz thing is fake.

Liam said they didn't see it in the LP

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Liam said they didn't see it in the LP

But then went to watch it later.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Where is their video for Devil's Third?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

Where is their video for Devil's Third?

On vessel, should be up tonight for youtube.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
That So few people care about tittie volleyball 3 that no one will localize it fills me with hope

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of Devil's Third, Itagaki's reaction to this whole thing is hilarious.

Itagaki posted:

Okay, I understood. They're not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken.
That's the truth. Thanks

To all gamers here,

Loving women / games produce a game worth to love / play.
But it seems puppets of money doesn't aware the principle even after eight years passed. Besides, they don't afraid to tell lies.
But needless to worry.
Sooner or later, nightmare will be end. Because this is a providence of professional game industry.
They had / have to create Brand new game / IP at any rate.
I've established new IP called "Devil's Third" while they're sleeping.
If you're professional, I have to say, you have to get up and back to the radical job. It's not time for you to COPY, RE-COPY, and RE-RE-COPY your mentors' works.
I have to say. This IS Xtreme selling strategy
Where is jet ski game? That was the best activitiy in DOAX.
Can't they even copy my algorism??!? Sigh...
He then proceeds to have a weird meltdown about jet skis and gambling algorithms.
I know this is a language barrier thing but I feel like I'm watching Tommy Wiseau type these outs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am not entirely sure I understand his point about Jet Skis, but I'm sure he's right, we need the jet skis.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
itagaki is not as good at things as he thinks he is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"Sigit attacked zero!" how in the gently caress

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't worry he realizes that stupidity of that comment soon enough.
I hope plot jumper Pat stays a thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
More and more Devil's Third looks like what Ride to Hell would've been if it was a 7/10 game.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Devil's Third looks like a game that would have had a really strong cult following if it had come out in 2006.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Wordnumber posted:

Devil's Third looks like a game that would have had a really strong cult following if it had come out in 2006.

I just came in here to say that it honestly looks like an OGXbox game, both in how it is visually and how janky the animations are.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Devils third looks like it's going to be a super fun LP, I really dig how dumb it is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New Saga issue came out yesterday and boy is that ending ridiculous.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Why does Devil's Third actually look kinda fun in a dumb, goofy way?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Why does Devil's Third actually look kinda fun in a dumb, goofy way?

The OG Xbox label's pretty spot on, which is fitting, considering Itagaki lives in 2002.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Devil's Third looks like a pretty fun game. It's got just the right amount of jank to put it way above Prison Break and slightly above Deadly Premonition in terms of jank-to-playability.

edit: Also, the dive-slide-shooting was almost the only good thing about that loving garbage game Resident Evil 6 so I'm glad to see it in other games.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 27, 2015

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Devil's Third looks like Ninja Gaiden except with awful design decisions like the ADS and 30 fps

Still waiting for that Ninja Gaiden Black lets play. Zaibatsu claims to love character action but they never played or even talk about the best character action game in the universe? obviously none of them are good enough to finish the game, even on normal :smug:

Ninja Gaiden 2 is fairly uninspired but Ninja Gaiden 1 had some really interesting aesthetics going on. it starts off as like a 15th century ninja story, then suddenly you're in a huge 1920's zeppelin, then suddenly genetically enhanced cyborgs appear, then you crash land in an ancient byzantine city with martial law and modern riot cops running around, then you talk to a literal SS gestapo at a night club and then you walk into an evil christian church and then you go into the catacombs to fight a huge skeletal dinosaur and when you come out there's a weird military force that appears to have mixed samurai, US military, soviet and cyberpunk aesthetics into one big mess and they're occupying the streets and holy poo poo it just keeps going like that

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 27, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ninja Gaiden's alright but most of its boss fights are p boring and abysmal messes of giants and bad camera focus. Alma's cool tho.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Transformers Devastation is half-off on psn and you can get The New Order and Old Blood for 15 dollars total

this has been Deals Watch(tm) with your friend, ruggington

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like Godzilla. Is the Godzilla game worth $12?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Do you often play video games smashed out of your mind?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean you're probably gonna like it regardless of how anyone feels and if you like Godzilla 12 bucks is p cheap so just go for it? Idk

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Do you often play video games smashed out of your mind?

Do you often don't? Alcohol carried me through SF4AE, man.

Godzilla game looks like Xenoverse for Godzilla fans, so I guess it's worth it?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Devil's Third seems alright so far. What's the reason for all the low scores in the reviews?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Big Scary Owl posted:

Devil's Third seems alright so far. What's the reason for all the low scores in the reviews?
It's being released for $60 on the Wii U, as opposed to $40 on the PS2.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Honestly, talks of it being an Original Xbox game make me want to check out Devil's Third even more. That doesn't bother me since I still have my Xbox hooked up and play it from time to time.

Added the YouTube video to my watch later list.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Kins posted:

It's being released for $60 on the Wii U, as opposed to $40 on the PS2.

yeah if it was a budget title it would not be getting as nearly this much guff

well, and if Itagaki wasn't claiming this was going to be a brand new revelation for the games industry instead of what it is, a busted and worse version of what he used to do

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Devil's Third aimed for Ninja Gaiden and landed on Marlow Briggs. It's all about expectations, really, and when people started hyping it up as a trainwreck the game actually looked BETTER as a result.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

SALT.jpg

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
What video is that from?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
You'll see soon, its way good

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Depths posted:

SALT.jpg

What'd Matt do? Just turn on the tv and THAT was there waiting?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

12 dollars is fine. But you gotta be sure to like Godzilla alot. At full price, I give the game a 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Don't be like an IGN (was it IGN?) that went "Why is this game so sloooooow"