Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
re4 hd is on sale but it's 6.79 this thread really made me want to play it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ArfJason posted:

re4 hd is on sale but it's 6.79 this thread really made me want to play it again

It's worth it but you gotta have a nice pc, mine is pretty old but has a brand new gtx 960 and still chugs in big areas like the town square at the beginning

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

eh it ran weirdly for me. Really old PC but just had really odd lag spikes at strange parts

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

eh it ran weirdly for me. Really old PC but just had really odd lag spikes at strange parts

Big areas just run in smooth slow motion on mine and it actually makes the game too easy at times

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's worth it but you gotta have a nice pc, mine is pretty old but has a brand new gtx 960 and still chugs in big areas like the town square at the beginning

aw what
mine is a 460 SE i dont think its even close to what you have i thought the game was basically the same thing with widescreen and some better quality textures

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ArfJason posted:

aw what
mine is a 460 SE i dont think its even close to what you have i thought the game was basically the same thing with widescreen and some better quality textures

Yeah but capcom sucks at optimizing for PC

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It definitely didn't ruin playing through the game again because it's one of the all time greats but it was sort of frustrating

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a GTX970 and it runs at a constant 60.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I have a GTX970 and it runs at a constant 60.

It's probably more a processor issue, I have a core 2 quad from like 2008

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Yeah but capcom sucks at optimizing for PC

checked pcgw to see if there were any graphic options i could turn down but theres only settings for anisotropic also this

Can't pass QTE • Link[edit]
For some QTEs, such as when Leon is hanging on a ledge in Chapter 4, mashing the button as fast as you can still doesn't pass the QTE and he falls off anyway. This is because of botched 60 FPS support, requiring QTEs to be mashed faster. Try changing it to 30FPS, or use Cheat Engine, attach the process, Speed Hack it to 0.5, thus giving you more time to press the button. After the QTE, simply exit Cheat Engine and continue the game. Another tip is to mash the button even before the prompt appears.

whic pretty much confirms what you said but its not a big issue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

checked pcgw to see if there were any graphic options i could turn down but theres only settings for anisotropic also this

Can't pass QTE • Link[edit]
For some QTEs, such as when Leon is hanging on a ledge in Chapter 4, mashing the button as fast as you can still doesn't pass the QTE and he falls off anyway. This is because of botched 60 FPS support, requiring QTEs to be mashed faster. Try changing it to 30FPS, or use Cheat Engine, attach the process, Speed Hack it to 0.5, thus giving you more time to press the button. After the QTE, simply exit Cheat Engine and continue the game. Another tip is to mash the button even before the prompt appears.

whic pretty much confirms what you said but its not a big issue

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some of the running away from boulders QTEs look really insane. When I mash Leon pumps his arms like the Flash and moves at superhuman speed. Is that a PC oddity or does it always look like that

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

Some of the running away from boulders QTEs look really insane. When I mash Leon pumps his arms like the Flash and moves at superhuman speed. Is that a PC oddity or does it always look like that
Hehe nope that's right out of the gamecube version

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
alrighty then, i'm gonna use my argentinian college savings to see if I can run this piece of dogshit!!!

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

that was funny on the wii version bc you have to do a drum solo motion with the wiimote and nunchuk as fast as you can to outrun the boulder.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

ArfJason posted:

"I have dispatched my right hand to take care of u mister kennedy"

"what your right hand comes off?"

its so unapologetically dumb

You can really tell that the people who made the game knows that dialogue in the earlier games are incredibly cheezy, and just decided to embrace it and carry on the tradition.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Azraelle posted:

You can really tell that the people who made the game knows that dialogue in the earlier games are incredibly cheezy, and just decided to embrace it and carry on the tradition.

I see that the president has equipped his daughter with ballistics too!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I see that the president has equipped his daughter with ballistics too!!

Lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The shopkeeper is beyond awesome.. but this gun he gave me for shooting the medallions looks kind of bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The shopkeeper is beyond awesome.. but this gun he gave me for shooting the medallions looks kind of bad

you will regret selling it when you run into shield users lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I tried it for a bit and sold it back to him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There was a piece of treasure in the castle I needed ashley to get but would have required backtracking so I said Eff it. Was it any good

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

There was a piece of treasure in the castle I needed ashley to get but would have required backtracking so I said Eff it. Was it any good

It's a free magnum :laugh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used up basically every piece of extra goodies I had to scrape past the small room with two of those insanely scary blind fuckers. Hope I'm not boned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's a free magnum :laugh:

gently caress...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A xenomorph just decapitated me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How much bonus content is in this? The game was released a dozen times but I can't find an extras menu

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

A xenomorph just decapitated me

You can use the tanks in the corners to freeze him then blow him up with a rocket launcher if you're pro and kept one

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

net cafe scandal posted:

How much bonus content is in this? The game was released a dozen times but I can't find an extras menu

There;s Separate Ways, Assignment Ada and a couple extra costumes you can unlock. Also mercenaries obviously. If i recall correctly you get the extras menu after beating the main campaign once

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You can use the tanks in the corners to freeze him then blow him up with a rocket launcher if you're pro and kept one

I did keep one but I just ran away for 4 minutes and used the rocket launcher on the two trolls. Well I dumped one in the lava and then blew the other one to kingdom come.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

There;s Separate Ways, Assignment Ada and a couple extra costumes you can unlock. Also mercenaries obviously. If i recall correctly you get the extras menu after beating the main campaign once

Ty.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just killed the chainsaw guy. Incredible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I just killed the chainsaw guy. Incredible.

I love him

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I did keep one but I just ran away for 4 minutes and used the rocket launcher on the two trolls. Well I dumped one in the lava and then blew the other one to kingdom come.

I didn't even know not killing him was an option :sweatdrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I didn't even know not killing him was an option :sweatdrop:

The text even says 4 minutes until the elevator arrives. also, lol, the rocket launcher really does just one shot anything. I beat the 4-4 boss in five seconds but i quit and wanna do it legit.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

The text even says 4 minutes until the elevator arrives. also, lol, the rocket launcher really does just one shot anything. I beat the 4-4 boss in five seconds but i quit and wanna do it legit.

Ohhhh yeah the elevator. Wow, memory fail

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I wanna get this again and try out that tmp I've avoided

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

I wanna get this again and try out that tmp I've avoided

Ive been using tmp the whole game. its sick to drop a flashbang into a crowd of zombies and just loving unload on them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i also just read about the unlockable weapons in this game...lmao. That one for completing it on hard mode...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

i also just read about the unlockable weapons in this game...lmao. That one for completing it on hard mode...

the PLR sounds awesome but it kind of sucks because it it's like an /npc_kill_all command instead of like, a gun you aim and stuff. it also kills poo poo in a really boring way, doesnt even make em blow up :(

the chicago typewriter however lol

• Locked thread