Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Afro posted:

controversial opinion: the original super mario brothers games are better than the all-stars remakes

fuckhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

but what if they censor it :argh: NOA

Well, if Fire Emblem: Awakening had Nowi...

Let's just say everything is possible.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just want make sure the information I found is correct. I can use the wii remote with classic controller pro as a second controller for wii u games, right?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Sometimes

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I just want make sure the information I found is correct. I can use the wii remote with classic controller pro as a second controller for wii u games, right?

Depends. Some games support it, some don't. You can usually see if they do from the box blurb or from the summary in the game's eShop page. Or from the electronic manual.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

but what if they censor it :argh: NOA

Hashtag FE is a game so fundamentally centred on ogling skimpy teens that it's probably LESS likely to face changes than something like Xenoblade X, which only had one skimpy teen and isn't really about that.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I always check this list first (everything that's listed there can be played with it):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller#Wii_U

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

greatn posted:

More #FE, from Kimishima just for you Reaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNnYQc0xZnQ

When will GameXplain stop calling #FE as SMT x FE, that stopped being the title for it since April.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When will gamexplain stop

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Not until everything is explained.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Generic Monk posted:

this question's probably as old as time immemorial, but i'll ask it regardless. speaking as someone relatively new to nintendo consoles, why are some of the games so loving expensive? why is silent hill: shattered memories like £30, and skyward sword like £25? i can understand stuff like the current edition of mario kart keeping its value for so long; most popular, high demand mainstream titles do this, but the old games - are they just rare? if so, why? i don't get why nintendo/affiliates would just deny themselves revenue and hand it over to scalper poopsockers? why does this not happen with any other consoles?

People don't sell Nintendo games because they're good,and they want to play them

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Chieves posted:

Not until everything is xplained.

ftfy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

game X plain

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

greatn posted:

More #FE, from Kimishima just for you Reaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNnYQc0xZnQ

the baps are good but not even they can save #FE

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hashtag FE is a game so fundamentally centred on ogling skimpy teens that it's probably LESS likely to face changes than something like Xenoblade X, which only had one skimpy teen and isn't really about that.

If they were going to change it in any major ways they probably wouldn't be bringing it over in the first place, and given the trailers they showed to the US back at E3 I'm pretty sure they have no intention of doing it unless there's something really heinous in it I'm unaware of.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chieves posted:

Not until everything is explained.

But they don't even have Clarissa on their staff.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At this point I'd take Gamexplain and all the monotonous monotone that comes with them than the alternative.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

the baps are good but not even they can save #FE

you're wrong

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Why do people keep saying things like "#FE can't be saved" while they completely overlook how cool the combat and class switching and side stories for S.Linking with your teammates looks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they have bad attitudes and a deep inner sickness

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At this point I'd take Gamexplain and all the monotonous monotone that comes with them than the alternative.

What's the alternative?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

What's the alternative?

The cold abyss of non-existence.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's the alternative?

lack of xplain

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Why do people keep saying things like "#FE can't be saved" while they completely overlook how cool the combat and class switching and side stories for S.Linking with your teammates looks.

They haven't sufficiently built up their anime tolerance.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I have to ask, what type of game is #FE. I honestly can't tell by watching the videos & I haven't followed it too closely. Is it an Action RPG? Turn based strategy? Real time strategy?

The last trailer just showed me a bunch of skimpy outfits so I'm guessing you can customize your characters yes? Character customization is cool.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Spectacle Rock posted:

I have to ask, what type of game is #FE. I honestly can't tell by watching the videos & I haven't followed it too closely. Is it an Action RPG? Turn based strategy? Real time strategy?

The last trailer just showed me a bunch of skimpy outfits so I'm guessing you can customize your characters yes? Character customization is cool.

Super shallow answer is its Persona with FE characters as the Personas

It looks really good and I'm super excited for it :)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wish Nintendo had skipped TPHD and given us a Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn HD double-pack instead.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Knorth posted:

Super shallow answer is its Persona with FE characters as the Personas

It looks really good and I'm super excited for it :)

What is personas gameplay like? I feel like we've seen next to no gameplay of #FE.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Twilight Princess HD looks like it's running on Dolphin with a higher resolution and that's it. Was hoping there would be a little more of an improvement than that

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Help Im Alive posted:

When my little brother unsubscribes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Supercar Gautier posted:

Also they can likely get away with just going "they're sixteen*cough*eighteen years old* if need be.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
they showed some gameplay of #fe back during e3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcGHIp8KvY

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

What's the alternative?

Bit Block.

He's like those comments you see in Nintendo's tweets and videos given flesh.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

mabels big day posted:

What is personas gameplay like? I feel like we've seen next to no gameplay of #FE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2eCX8BVBo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I still don't know poo poo about HEB but they have Pikmin 3 listed for $5: https://www.heb.com/product-detail/nintendo-pikmin-3-for-nintendo-wii-u/1708122

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

whaley posted:

Twilight Princess HD looks like it's running on Dolphin with a higher resolution and that's it. Was hoping there would be a little more of an improvement than that

They've done a lot of new texture work, you can see on one of the Game Explain videos and the lighting is a hell of a lot better. They've likely also made a ton of QOL improvements

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I wish Nintendo had skipped TPHD and given us a Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn HD double-pack instead.

Hell, same, but with the option to skip enemy turns

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
After seeing some gameplay of FE x SMT i'm sold. Looks really good, don't judge the game off of the pre made videos that have nothing to do with the game.

E: Could do without the tit bouncing, though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

They've done a lot of new texture work, you can see on one of the Game Explain videos and the lighting is a hell of a lot better. They've likely also made a ton of QOL improvements

the biggest quality of life improvement would be turning the game off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

that videos that gamexplain have been putting up are character introductions that have been going up every week as the game's japanese release gets closer. there have been overviews of the gameplay in japanese Nintendo Directs, and I imagine we'll get the same next Summer/Fall as the western release nears.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 28, 2015

• Locked thread