Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Crow. If someone falls through and you need an alternate let me know. It'll be straight from the retailer though and I don't need to receive anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

littleorv posted:

Crow. If someone falls through and you need an alternate let me know. It'll be straight from the retailer though and I don't need to receive anything.

Sorry, tentative_8e8op already volunteered so you're second alternate

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

S'all good.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i am also shipping directly from the dealer. my secret santee will be getting two packages just cuz there was a black friday deal on one of the things i had in mind that i had to take advantage of. they'll probably be staggered as a result.

also i can't wait for someone to commit fraud with my information

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

if everybody works out and nobody needs an alternate, you can have the alternates be Secret Santas for each other!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna head into town next week and look for stuff there, so expect my gift to be sent out sometime next week

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The contract is sealed, death is certain.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

Feel free to send me things, and I promise not to send anything back

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fwiw, i'm not sure when one item will arrive, so my santee might also receive two separate packages. at least one of them will 100% be there before christmas though

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Radio Spiricom, your secret santa would like to know if books would be ok

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is it possible to anonymously gift steam games somehow?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You can gift them through a third party you trust.

Otherwise, no.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You can make a burner account called "Secret Santa" or something and no one would know who it is.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well I guess now that it's been posted about everyone would know...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I couldn't find anything interesting in the shops here so I'll be sending my gift straight from Amazon.

e: 2-day shipping, so it'll probably get there around the 30th.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 29, 2015

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Radio Spiricom, your secret santa would like to know if books would be ok

sorry it's taken til now to respond, i horribly misread this initially; yeah books are fine (even better if they are about japanese cinema or anime or anything else relevant to my post.) i am sort of averse to manga because comics and my brain don't mesh very well

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
So Since I am moving from VA tomorrow to AZ (driving and some sight seeing) I don't move in till the 12th. Didn't realize the cut off date was the 10th, I messaged the "giftee?" and they told me to post here since they are cool with it.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Davincie posted:

is it possible to anonymously gift steam games somehow?

I was also thinking of gifting my giftee a steam game. Perhaps if there's a few of us thinking of doing this we can all just send from a single steam account and thus somewhat anonymize the process?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Got my swag, gonna buy some wrapping paper tonight and fire it off tomorrow.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Amstrad posted:

I was also thinking of gifting my giftee a steam game. Perhaps if there's a few of us thinking of doing this we can all just send from a single steam account and thus somewhat anonymize the process?
This is a good idea.

If you guys like I could act as intermediary.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
my package has been fired off, beware opening in public, while it may not cause physical harm, the social harm may be irreparable

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

My package has been dropped off at the post office.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Couple of my shippers are being difficult. Fear not Santee, you will get your poo poo even if I have to send it in multiple packages (potentially straight from retailers in a couple cases).

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My first package has been delivered. My santee should have it, with a note explaining that more are on their way.

According to amazon, it was left on the back porch.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'll try to get my gift sent out in the next few days.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
I'll be shipping my gift off on the 11th, as that's the soonest I'll have spare money. I'll likely put it on 2-4 day shipping, so it will definitely get there before christmas. I went a little overboard on gifts for people, between this secret santa stuff and spontaneous gifting from that last loving sale on steam. So that's why it's getting shipped a little later than I would have liked to get it out.

Brownieftw fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 30, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Amazon says my gift's been delivered. Hope you find it, santee.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I got my gift a few days ago. Also I was forced to open it early because I didn't think I would get it that fast, and didn't know it was until I show anime inside. I feel bad now because I was going to open it on X-Mas

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jarogue posted:

I got my gift a few days ago. Also I was forced to open it early because I didn't think I would get it that fast, and didn't know it was until I show anime inside. I feel bad now because I was going to open it on X-Mas

what did you get? Im not jealous you got yours so fast.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to probably send in my gift next week cause I'm waiting for stuff to arrive.

Dunno how long it'll take to go from Korean to [INSERT SANTEE COUNTRY HERE] but hopefully it won't be before the end of the year.

I underestimated budgeting costs, a ha ha. Still a learning experience though, and I can finally use my card for online shopping now, which is a major plus for me.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Gah, forgot to post. My Secret Santa target's getting stuff sent from a vendor, mostly because he (she?) has decent taste and there's no merch available at my local stuff. Enjoy it, target.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You guys know you're supposed to post pics of your gift right

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My secret santee's gifts should be trickling in this week. Remember to check your back porch, goons! The one I got lives decently close to where I work, and it's pouring here, so just a heads up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

You guys know you're supposed to post pics of your gift right

when we receive them from our Santas, right? i think only one person has posted about getting theirs (and it was in the chat thread)

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
OK, my wife confirms that the box I got was from someone on the internet, with possible smoking crow confirmation. Can we wait to open them? Chanukah starts soon enough and I don't have anything to tear into just yet, so it'd be nice to fry latkes and thank Secret Goon Mensches.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't think anyone cares if you wait to open it, as long as you post pics when you do. :)

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I totally missed this thread as I've been out for work the past few weeks. I know I'm passed the deadline, but if there's any way to get signed up - I'll do it. I've participated in the last 5 years of the SASS and I'd like to continue it, but focused into the ADTRW context. If I can't get into the registry, I'll volunteer to be a Santa for someone should a Santa fail in their duties to bring the glorious treasures of the great Nippon to a goon's holiday.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Of course I order five different things from Amazon and the one for my secret santa is already three days late

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so i finally have an estimated date on my last item, most likely it'll be too late to be (affordably) shipped and arrive before christmas. so two packages it is, i'll be dropping the first off as soon as the last early item gets in on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
A gift arrived today!

I should be sending mine out tomorrow, provided I can drag myself out of bed early enough.

• Locked thread