Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

CommieGIR posted:

Well, he's white, so he's a lone wolf or someone with a mental illness.

At what point does extreme right wing conservatism become a mental illness instead of a political ideology.

When you pick up a gun and start shooting people :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

He's white.

Probably an avid supporter of the 2nd amendment too. Automatic disqualification for being a terrorist.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Silver Nitrate posted:

When you pick up a gun and start shooting people :v:

It was rhetorical.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

He shot up the PP and then fled. He's sitting in a lobby of some building now.
Is there a reliable source on this? (Newspaper, Police Dispatch, etc.)

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
He's a hero saving innocent lives of course

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

CNN just had a live cast of a police spokes saying 3 officers injured earlier, one officer injured now as they're actively exchanging gunfire inside the PP clinic.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Is there a reliable source on this? (Newspaper, Police Dispatch, etc.)

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/54/web

Live radio feed. They just freed 3 hostages from the bathroom.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hollismason posted:

He's white.

Only proves it was a false flag.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Cop killer now? Man the mental gymnastics.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DemeaninDemon posted:

Attempted. I don't think he's manage to kill anyone yet.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Haha holy poo poo, I can't wait to see what mental gymnastics we go through to maintain the status quo after this one.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

DemeaninDemon posted:

HERO SAVING AMERICA FROM LIBERAL BABY KILLERS HES TAKING A STAND AHHHHHHH
:cthulhu:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/54/web

Live radio feed. They just freed 3 hostages from the bathroom.
No I know he's in the Planned Parenthood now, I mean "is there a source that this situation started with him walking into a Planned Parenthood and opening fire?"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Oh right a real conservative wouldn't miss.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
According to the scanner, this guy has an AK. :/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

No I know he's in the Planned Parenthood now, I mean "is there a source that this situation started with him walking into a Planned Parenthood and opening fire?"

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29172660/colorado-springs-firefighters-respond-active-shooter-at-planned

Yes. It started at Planned Parenthood. The call originated from there.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

RuanGacho posted:

Haha holy poo poo, I can't wait to see what mental gymnastics we go through to maintain the status quo after this one.

GOP: How dare you politicize this event. He was a lone wolf liberal. Shutdown all planned parenthood clinics.

Apparently planned parenthood wasn't even the target though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Teddybear posted:

CNN just had a live cast of a police spokes saying 3 officers injured earlier, one officer injured now as they're actively exchanging gunfire inside the PP clinic.

If only they'd had guns they could have stopped him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Are we even really sure there is a active shooter maybe this is all a big misunderstanding.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

RuanGacho posted:

The 'gymnastics' will just be them not talking about it after 48 hours has passed.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mitt Romney posted:

Not according to the police.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Right wing Twitter is now echo-chambering that this was a black man who attempted to rob a bank and ducked into a Planned Parenthood briefly to hide. How dare you just assume he is white, you Bigot Bigot Bigot.

This is despite witnesses citing the shooter as a white man, no reports from the bank he allegedly robbed, police reports saying he's been holed up in there, etc.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mitt Romney posted:

Its too convenient for that to be true. He comes in shooting up a Planned Parenthood in the middle of the Evangelical portion of Colorado? No, that doesn't fit.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reminder that the tea party cop killers came from the Bundy ranch standoff, killed two cops, and draped the tea party flag over the bodies and the far right still wasn't blamed

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That Planned Parenthood was formerly a target range in 1987 so this is really just a big misunderstanding.

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007
Second amendment man is on the case!

gazette.com posted:

There was a moment this afternoon when a man walked up to the scene with a handgun strapped to his waist and ammunition vest around his chest. He appeared to be asking police if he could help. Officers told him to leave immediately because appearing at the scene while wearing firearms and that equipment was a bad idea.

http://gazette.com/active-shooter-s...article/1564419

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Sure it wasn't a black guy in white war paint?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CNN reporting that hostages released from PP bathroom, shooter is holed up in PP. Hard to imagine PP wasn't a target

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Is this a PP that does abortion? Because some of those have secure entries with metal detectors and stuff. Or is this just a regular PP and he's a loving shitbag who doesn't know the difference?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
And on top of everything else, today sees the birth of Syndrome. Great.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Silver Nitrate posted:

Is this a PP that does abortion? Because some of those have secure entries with metal detectors and stuff. Or is this just a regular PP and he's a loving shitbag who doesn't know the difference?

I think the places that do abortion only do abortion on certain days, and the pro life protesters know these days. Those are the days when the one way in/one way out with volunteer guards are present.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Honestly I suppose this kind of incident was inevitable. It just makes me sad and resigned.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That was actualy a legit thing in the old days. women should and have to feel pain during birthing because original sin.

:thejoke:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

CNN reporting that hostages released from PP bathroom, shooter is holed up in PP. Hard to imagine PP wasn't a target

According to the live radio feed, he's at the end of a hallway behind a door, there is a 'safe room' that is also a chart room nearby. They are worried about possible victims/hostages in the chart room.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

:lol: they really think they're Minutemen don't they?

"Sure, random untrained person, all we need is more firepower. Just lay down some cover fire for us in the general direction of that building and we'll run in and kill the bad guy like in the movies."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rhesus Pieces posted:

:lol: they really think they're Minutemen don't they?

"Sure, random untrained person, all we need is more firepower. Just lay down some cover fire for us in the general direction of that building and we'll run in and kill the bad guy like in the movies."

It would be great, then send in some of them in the opposite direction and watch them kill each other

"Oh poo poo, the shooter has reinforcements, we need more bodies!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm honestly surprised one of these open carry persons hasn't been shot already.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

quote:

Security concerns at the clinic were high enough that the clinic had a “security room” with a supply of bulletproof vests, but, according to an officer on the scanner, some of the vests are still in the room, and one may have been worn by the gunman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/28/us/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting.html

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Silver Nitrate posted:

According to the scanner, this guy has an AK. :/

Great, I can't wait for every single "responsible gun owner" harping on how it wasn't an AK it was actually a RK 67 or some poo poo and the politicians and media are loving idiots how can they be trusted to make gun laws when they don't know literally every single bit of gun minutia?!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

CommieGIR posted:

According to the live radio feed, he's at the end of a hallway behind a door, there is a 'safe room' that is also a chart room nearby. They are worried about possible victims/hostages in the chart room.

it is disgusting that a medical facility needs a goddamned safe room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

it is disgusting that a medical facility needs a goddamned safe room.

There is apparently a female sheltering in the pharmacy.

• Locked thread