Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

Huskies are the worst dog and the best dog.

I dogsat a Huskie and a Shibe for a friend a couple of years ago, and the owner told me that the Huskie can't sleep unless she's on the bed with people. I was cool with this, but when it was bedtime I laid down and the Huskie, named Bella (for Bella Caio), very timidly climbed up on the bed, unsure if I'd be ok with it. Once she realized that I noticed she was on the bed and ok with it she flopped down half on top of me, made sleepy puppy noises and went right to sleep.

Here's a picture of Bella and her puppy she had last year. They moved south to Occitania a few years ago so I haven't seen the puppy yet but I do still miss Bella :3:

Soviet Commubot has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Nov 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

darthbob88 posted:

And apparently really friendly.

And they can talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGz8jcbJjRw

I swear to God he says "This is my corn!" at one point, and his keeper hears it too.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

Dick Trauma posted:

I thought that was a candle. :downs:

Me too buddy, me too

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feonir posted:

Cat VS Bee.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It'll be ok, buddy

Everything's gonna be just fine.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Writer Cath posted:

The Rock discovered that a puppy named after him needed help.

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/134001792278/dwayne-johnson-donates-1500-to-save-an-abandoned

The Rock helped.

Dammit Rock, why you gotta make me man-crush on you so bad? :3: Dude's genuinely great, wish more celebrities followed his example.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
My cat passed peacefully in her sleep sometime early this morning. Scootie was normally very picky about where she wanted her skritches... like NEVER get near the belly. But in the past couple of weeks, she'd been rolling over for belly skritches. Her belly was so soft and skritchable. She was 15 and lively/under foot until the very end. Here is a pick with her buddy, my sisters Shiba:

Could I get some pics of senior pets, because senior pets are awesome.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Writer Cath posted:

The Rock discovered that a puppy named after him needed help.

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/134001792278/dwayne-johnson-donates-1500-to-save-an-abandoned

The Rock helped.

http://i.imgur.com/lDv6S2U.webm

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Vicodiva posted:

OK. Here's more of the same dog from my last post.

And for proof of seniority here's the "headshot" from the shelter my parents adopted from...while I was away at scout camp, without telling me. It was weeks before he stopped barking at me every time I walked into the room.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

a kitten posted:

It'll be ok, buddy

Everything's gonna be just fine.

Holy :3:

Can anyone who can read Japanese tell me what the text on the screen says?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kavak posted:

Holy :3:

Can anyone who can read Japanese tell me what the text on the screen says?

I think that's footage of a Japanese politician tearfully and shamefully stepping down from his job.

If it's not I remember some video like that going viral, dude was a total drama factory. It was pretty impressive.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Vicodiva posted:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

darthbob88 posted:

That video is one of my favourites.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Noble as gently caress

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Vicodiva posted:

This is Onyx. He's 15 years old and is the biggest sweetheart you could imagine. When I come home from work and sit down to untie my shoes he's right there licking my hands and rubbing on me like a cat.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Senior pets? Nearly a decade of my ragdoll refusing to let me make the bed.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Vicodiva posted:

Farewell, Scootie.

Here's my Little, age 17 or so. Not so little anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvejuqHbFG8
He lived to be nearly 22 somehow, despite being raised an indoor-outdoor cat. The most handsome tuxedo cat I ever saw, perfect gloves and collar patterns.

Edit: Dug up some photos.

He's 15 or so here. Not as old and arthritic as he was in the video.

19 here. We found an old heating pad to place under his favorite blanket.

Good ol' Little cat.

Tuxedo Ted has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Nov 28, 2015

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

A great meeting of the minds took place at Thanksgiving yesterday. :3:

They're both full grown, that's an Italian greyhound.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Fearless_Decoy posted:

This is Onyx. He's 15 years old and is the biggest sweetheart you could imagine. When I come home from work and sit down to untie my shoes he's right there licking my hands and rubbing on me like a cat.

Haha jesus. What the gently caress is that thing?
I just can't stop laughing. It looks like a bad photoshop.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

darthbob88 posted:

So with porcupines, I know their barbs are lying underneath all that poof, but what is the poof? Are they stiff hairs, or are they really as soft as they look?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Dewgy posted:

A great meeting of the minds took place at Thanksgiving yesterday. :3:

They're both full grown, that's an Italian greyhound.

The big one looks like he wants to eat the little one.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Haha jesus. What the gently caress is that thing?
I just can't stop laughing. It looks like a bad photoshop.

It's when you press B too many times while an animal is evolving.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

kinmik posted:

So with porcupines, I know their barbs are lying underneath all that poof, but what is the poof? Are they stiff hairs, or are they really as soft as they look?

New World porcupines are stout animals, with blunt, rounded heads, fleshy, mobile snouts, and coats of thick, cylindrical or flattened spines ("quills"). The spines are mixed with long, soft hairs.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

jaegerx posted:

The big one looks like he wants to eat the little one.

You'd think that, but the tiny one was the one being aggressive. It was great, that mastiff didn't know what the hell to think for like a half hour.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks guys for all the senior pet pics, they're all so noble and wise looking even if they're still goofs. It really helped that feeling I got when making supper tonight and for once there was no scootie cat winding around my legs and trying to trip me up.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Dewgy posted:

You'd think that, but the tiny one was the one being aggressive. It was great, that mastiff didn't know what the hell to think for like a half hour.

Ever seen the cartoon " 2 Stupid Dogs"? Sorta like that.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Can someone help me out here, because search is terrible (and I tried it, too). Recently I read a post on either this thread or a pet thread in which someone took their big doofy dog to the dog park and ran into about half a dozen other big doofy dogs, and they posted a bunch of pictures of all these Great Danes (plus a St. Bernard and a Neapolitan Mastiff and I think a Great Pyrenees) romping around together. I cannot find this post anywhere and I really want to show it to my boyfriend (who owns a big doofy elderly St. Bernard). It might be an older post, I've been reading old threads. If anyone knows where it is I'd appreciate it.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

My cousin got a Corgi puppy. I don't know if I've ever been this jealous of anyone.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

xcheopis posted:

That video is one of my favourites.

How do porcupine quills work? I'm only familiar with echidnas and you have to work at it to get quills stuck in you. But this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U-u4CsnygA

suggests that it is somewhat voluntary on behalf of the porcupine? Echidna quills are also way thicker than porcupine quills by the look of things. And I don't think they have barbs on them? If you startle them echidnas use the tactic of stopping and just sinking down into the ground until nothing is accessible but a whole bunch of quills. It's kind of eerie to watch actually.

Actually the wiggly porcupine video makes me a tiny bit sad every time I see it because he's just so wiggly and obviously wants cuddles but...yeah. The dude is wearing leather gloves for a reason.

Edit: this was the only video I could find of an echidna demonstrating the defensive digging behaviour (the guy is being kind of dickish to the echidna), and doesn't show the bit where it's dug deep enough to just sort of magically sink into the ground without any visible effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_F99a4aeRA

nockturne has a new favorite as of 09:48 on Nov 28, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

cptn_dr posted:

My cousin got a Corgi puppy. I don't know if I've ever been this jealous of anyone.

Oh my god :suspense:. He's got floppy little ears and everything.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Senior? This was Misty age 19 or so:

She was always spry for her age.

And this was almost two decades years prior:

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 11:32 on Nov 28, 2015

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I found this cat online and wanted to share it with you guys.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

nockturne posted:

How do porcupine quills work? I'm only familiar with echidnas and you have to work at it to get quills stuck in you.

Porcupines actively hit enemies with their quills by charging backwards or slapping them with their tail. Porcupine quills are very loosely anchored in their skin and are barbed so they detach and dig in when they hit their target.

Echidna and hedgehog quills don't detach, are unbarbed and works more as a passive defense (i.e. they dig in or roll up and hope for the best).

Winklebottom has a new favorite as of 11:49 on Nov 28, 2015

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

cptn_dr posted:

My friend got a puppy recently too. His name is Atlas.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Vicodiva posted:

Colores, 15. She is mad of almost anything and complains all day but still looks like a lady

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Vicodiva posted:

KC, 13 this year. She's so lazy sometimes but so cute :3: Always up for pets and cuddles when you're doing nothing in particular (also acting as a foot warmer, since she likes hanging around underneath my desk when I'm at home.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Loving the senior pet posts. They are all such good ladies and gentlemen.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Crosspost from the Funny Picture thread:

Day 12: they have accepted me as one of their own.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
This is one of my favorites.

Make sure the sound is turned up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOV3S2ZGrOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

This is Ronna. She's 16, and keeps a portrait of herself in our attic.

• Locked thread