Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Thanks guys. I also noticed that creating vassals means more troops during wars, since the vassals have their own force limit. That's useful in my current game, since I made some dumb decisions that left me mired in debt and short on cash for new regiments. The downside I guess is that the vassals' troops have a mind of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

OPM Siberian tribe has managed to invade and take over half of Japan. Honestly I'm pretty impressed.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

snoremac posted:

Thanks guys. I also noticed that creating vassals means more troops during wars, since the vassals have their own force limit. That's useful in my current game, since I made some dumb decisions that left me mired in debt and short on cash for new regiments. The downside I guess is that the vassals' troops have a mind of their own.

It doesn't just mean that they have their own armies. They will also have their own generals on their men, which can be a useful way for a standard monarchy to have more generals in a war without going over the leader limit. This means that nations which have +land leader stats will make for very good vassals. If you are particularly huge with a lot of manpower and have a great military vassal, it might be worth making them a march and subsidising their manpower in the subject interactions menu.

Good vassal suggestion for any Ottoman run: don't annex Albania. Just vassalise them. Their god king is a good general and will be very useful for any early game conquests. Plus you can feed them Bosnia and Serbia and keep your religious unity safe until you have converted enough of Greece.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 27, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man I can never get Patriarch Authority. How do I turn down 50 admin for 5 points? Or 1 stab for 10.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Paradox is currently streaming on twitch.tv and Wiz is currently showing the updated randomized new world. Also they found the "West Indies"
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

GreyPowerVan posted:

Man I can never get Patriarch Authority. How do I turn down 50 admin for 5 points? Or 1 stab for 10.

You fight the urge. It really is better to build PA up to the 90s and then start spending/increasing it. Unless you're in really dire straits, like if you have a disaster going and you need to get stab up immediately.

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Paradox is currently streaming on twitch.tv and Wiz is currently showing the updated randomized new world. Also they found the "West Indies"
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

It also seems they have handed out keys to the big EU4 streamers/Youtubers. Quill18 has uploaded episode one of a Cossacs playthrough and Arumba is currently streaming.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

YF-23 posted:

You fight the urge. It really is better to build PA up to the 90s and then start spending/increasing it. Unless you're in really dire straits, like if you have a disaster going and you need to get stab up immediately.

Is PA that good then? I always flinched at the -33% tax but maybe it's worth it because of the unrest modifier?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Star posted:

Is PA that good then? I always flinched at the -33% tax but maybe it's worth it because of the unrest modifier?

Tax will very, very rarely be a significant part of your income. By the time you get enough events to push your PA to the 90s you should be getting the bulk of your income from production and trade. The extra manpower, conversion chance, and reduced unrest are far more valuable than the tax is.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Also they found the "West Indies"

huh you weren't kidding

Odobenidae posted:

drat, those all look really good. I can't help but feel that One Faith will overtake Ryukyu WC as the hardest achievement though.

wait it says land provinces, does this mean you have to colonize the entire world too? drat

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009

As one of those guys with 100% achievement completion, I really like the new ones.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Koramei posted:

wait it says land provinces, does this mean you have to colonize the entire world too? drat

I mean you could just force-convert people. It doesn't say you have to own the provinces.

e: oh, it turns out you can only force-convert heathen. Huh. Maybe you'd be able to flip religions a few times throughout the course of the game to get good holy war CBs. And just take over the little guys. Would require good missionary strength.

quadrophrenic fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 27, 2015

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
There's also Support Rebels for the CB. That'd be a pretty fun achievement to try.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Koramei posted:

huh you weren't kidding

You don't need to own them.

I don't think it would be that hard. You want to start as a Catholic probably and force-convert all the orthodoxes so that Russia catholonizes all of Siberia and Spaintugal do the same to the new world. You'll have to wipe out the reformation fast and do a pretty good facsimile of a world conquest to convert everything else (but if all the colonizers are catholic then they'll help). Honestly I'd just go France. Do a BBB start through Scandinavia and force-convert Muscovy. Then focus your efforts on killing the OE and building a vassal buffer in Anatolia. After that, just conquer Africa/India/China/SE Asia non-stop. Take religious ideas (of course) plus any/all +missionary strength ideas you can get your hands on.

e: that event that changes colonial provinces to a heresy could suck a lot though. Maybe you just need to make like DDRJake and convert the HRE to Shamanism.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Sorced posted:

As one of those guys with 100% achievement completion, I really like the new ones.

Not sure that's a good thing!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

"I think Ideas Guy should be renamed to something more neutral like Ideas Person."

:downs:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Frozen assets looks.. hard? Have to send tons of power from Asia and either do it before colonization gets going or develop a ton I guess.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Elman posted:

Does this actually work now? I know it used to but a few patches ago I made another attempt and my fleet just got demolished every time. Not sure how you can do it now without Poland and an advisor.

Yes, it was after the patch that made ships take a lot longer to build without shipyards (Common Sense?)

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
Just watched the stream vod, some new notes:

The decision to become an oligarchic republic and theocracy are no longer capped at 20 provinces.
The decisions to integrate Aragon/Scotland/Lithuania are disabled if they have grown by more than x provinces from their start (5 for Scotland, 10 for Lithuania/Aragon). RIP fun
The Iberian wedding can't fire if Castile has less than 10 provinces
Development caps at 30 in terms of coring/AE/warscore.
There is no new comet event choice :(

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Unannounced expansion concept art?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
There's a leaderboard now and graphics for higher level non-European forts in the content pack too.

$20 on the Paradox store. Feels a bit steep but I guess we're paying for the redo of the Random New World too.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Tendronai posted:

Planned purchase cancelled. Wiz, if you want Paradox to make a dime on December 1st, you better rectify this immediately.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Koramei posted:

There's a leaderboard now and graphics for higher level non-European forts in the content pack too.

$20 on the Paradox store. Feels a bit steep but I guess we're paying for the redo of the Random New World too.

There's more paid content in the Cossacks than even Art of War had.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Tendronai posted:

"This comet is the crick in our dick! (-1 Stability)"

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Wiz posted:

There's more paid content in the Cossacks than even Art of War had.

Yeah I'm just whining 'cause I forgot to save enough money on Steam for both the DLC and the content pack, I should shut up

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Is there going to be a Sabaton music pack? :rock::rock::rock:
Because right in the middle of Arumbas video Carolus rex starts playing instead of the normal EU IV music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvSGzl02dsI

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Release now!

HATE WAITING

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Has anyone shown off the expanded nation designer?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Wiz and DDRjake did in that stream posted a little back. They said the RGB color picker/ flag/ emblem etc stuff isn't coming until the next patch though.

It sounds like it'll be a huge improvement though, they were talking about a grid system rather than the cycling through with the stupid arrows. I hope that gets ported over to CK2 with the Coat of Arms stuff too if they manage it.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
It would help if they did better color picking and maybe restricted emblems and backgrounds by culture/religion for randomized flags. So many of the random flags are like: A stag, rampant on a purple/pink/green tricolor. SO loving UGLY.

I'd like to leave the flag designer for players only and have randomized AI nations pull from a pool of pre-made flags, honestly. Same solution as the RNW, I guess. I'm not sure making good random flag creation algorithm is worth the trouble. Just create a big pool of flags (historic and fantasy) separate them out by culture American/Christian/Muslim/Asian and use those first and then fall back on the purple/pink/green random poo poo when they run out.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Tendronai posted:

Just watched the stream vod, some new notes:

The decision to become an oligarchic republic and theocracy are no longer capped at 20 provinces.
The decisions to integrate Aragon/Scotland/Lithuania are disabled if they have grown by more than x provinces from their start (5 for Scotland, 10 for Lithuania/Aragon). RIP fun
The Iberian wedding can't fire if Castile has less than 10 provinces
Development caps at 30 in terms of coring/AE/warscore.

These all own, gently caress fun, I never have to be a monarchy past 1500 ever again!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Koramei posted:

It sounds like it'll be a huge improvement though, they were talking about a grid system rather than the cycling through with the stupid arrows.
Freaking finally! Slowly cycling through options is terrible design when you have more than a few.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I had no idea there was a new expansion for EU4 coming! I just read about how you can culture change provinces to something other than your accepted culture, this alone has sold it! Holy poo poo, so much stuff!

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Missed opportunity to not have an achievement for starting as an (east or west) Indian country, and uniting all of Both Indias.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Oh yeah, another significant change for some people from that stream: when you resign a game, it quits and restarts the whole program.

They said there were some issues from not doing that but I'm pretty curious what they are, 'cause even though it probably crashed a good 75%+ of the time for me when I hit resign anyway, I know some people take a good 5+ minutes to relaunch the game so this is gonna really screw them over.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Node posted:

I didn't need Poland to rival the Ottomans in my Basileus game. All I had to do was take a shitton of loans, build lots of galleys, and hope the Ottomans waste their time with Anatolian minors. While their troops are across the strait, blockade it, declare war, get everything in Greece back. Then you're big enough to get some decent allies.

You still need to be lucky enough that Tunis or Algiers dont send their 10-20 ships or transport troops into Greece

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Koramei posted:

Oh yeah, another significant change for some people from that stream: when you resign a game, it quits and restarts the whole program.

They said there were some issues from not doing that but I'm pretty curious what they are, 'cause even though it probably crashed a good 75%+ of the time for me when I hit resign anyway, I know some people take a good 5+ minutes to relaunch the game so this is gonna really screw them over.

There's some issues with the cache not clearing properly I think. It used to be much worse than it is now, but it still screws up a lot of not very visible stuff I think. Wiz can probably give technical details.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

420 Gank Mid posted:

You still need to be lucky enough that Tunis or Algiers dont send their 10-20 ships or transport troops into Greece

As long as they don't combine with the Ottoman fleet you'll be okay. And if you have built up a big rear end fleet. This is also one of the rare occasions where an Admiral is helpful.

I never said luck wasn't a factor, but Poland + Rival Roulette + Statesman isn't mandatory for Byzantium like some have claimed, although it makes it easier for sure.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Koramei posted:

The gently caress is this? Did they make it so it crashes less if you try to load from within a game? Is Johan going to get all :smug: again about how you shouldn't be savescumming anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Not quite as pathetic as Riga giving Jake a run for his money, but DDRJake has been at war with the Ottomans for about an hour and a half here. He has never once been in positive warscore the entire time.

e; it has gone on so long that the mamluks peaced out of the original ottoman war and have since been called into a second war against them (e; and have now peaced out of a second ottoman war - generations have been born and died of old age in this war)

Another Person fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 28, 2015

• Locked thread