Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Adhesive Gamin posted:

You also get nearly 20% more crit damage in ferocity from Blood Reaction (in Berserker gear), Quickness, and Fury when hitting Berserk mode, 15% attack speed for the duration, and slotting Berserker also lets you use Blood Reckoning for 6 seconds of adrenaline from crits and some extra crit chance, and Head Butt to instantly fill your adrenaline bar.
Yeah, I keep thinking about old Arms before the change (haven't even looked at that trait for a while).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Aesis posted:

Depends. You get extra evade and are also immune to movement impairing conditions if you choose the trait (or just pick Bound for hilarity).
Hilariously, Dash is a trap and Bound is the one that is actually good. It turns out that delivering a sizable chunk of damage on dodge plus getting a +10% multiplier to damage for four seconds after is strong!

Aesis posted:

Physical skills offer damage dealing and interrupt while having short cool down.
Most of the Physicals suck, and even if you choose to use the two that don't, Havoc Master is too good not to take for melee builds. Seriously though, Distracting Daggers is a joke--if you want to be interrupty, Pistol #5 does an infinitely better job.

Don't get me wrong, Daredevil still has its strengths--mostly Bound and Impact Strike for SPvP--but it's not as amazing as you're making it sound. Also:

Aesis posted:

Whereas Berserker doesn't offer anything new or improved.
Now this is just ridiculous, and I'm tired of hearing people say it. While it might not be as "flashy" as other elite specs, Berserker brings plenty to the table. What about 15 seconds of +15% attack speed plus substantially better burst skills ISN'T new or improved? Comparing the normal and primal bursts for MH Sword is a good example. The former is rooted and does less damage, the latter is faster, untethered, does more damage, and can be done 3-5 times per Berserk, depending on some amount of skill and luck. That you can trait Berserk to give you even more bonuses is just icing on the cake.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Amante posted:

Hilariously, Dash is a trap and Bound is the one that is actually good. It turns out that delivering a sizable chunk of damage on dodge plus getting a +10% multiplier to damage for four seconds after is strong!

Most of the Physicals suck, and even if you choose to use the two that don't, Havoc Master is too good not to take for melee builds. Seriously though, Distracting Daggers is a joke--if you want to be interrupty, Pistol #5 does an infinitely better job.

Don't get me wrong, Daredevil still has its strengths--mostly Bound and Impact Strike for SPvP--but it's not as amazing as you're making it sound. Also:

This is just ridiculous, and I'm tired of hearing people say it. While it might not be as "flashy" as other eltie specs, Berserker brings plenty to the table. What about 15 seconds of +15% attack speed plus substantially better burst skills ISN'T new or improved? Comparing the normal and primal bursts for MH Sword is a good example. The former is rooted and does less damage, the latter is faster, untethered, does more damage, and can be done 3-5 times per Berserk, depending on some amount of skill and luck. That you can trait Berserk to give you even more bonuses is just icing on the cake.
Bound does offer extra damage but most of the times you're going to be immobilized or CCed to utilize it. While Dash doesn't offer damage boost, it can be used to remove movement impairing effects and run away. Essentially it's a pick of doing potentially more damage or having an easy way of escape. As for Physical skills, Distracting Dagger increases cool down on affected skill by 10 seconds which is useful for interrupting heal. Fist Flurry also offers interrupt (well, all 5 have to hit first) and Bandit's Defense offers quick block, knock back and stun break. They might not be great but they have their uses.

As for Berserker, yes you get overall damage boost, but you can't even utilize it because everyone's using CC (or you get blinded). Attack speed means nothing when you can't even hit enemy constantly. Also Flaming Flurry's fireballs don't even follow target, which means an enemy just has to move perpendicular to you to dodge. And as you stated it requires 'luck'. Basically you're hoping that somehow enemy will simply get hit by 3~5 of your Flaming Flurry (that is, if you can manage to use it 3~5 times at all). And overall Primal Burst skills are worse off than Burst skills apart from GS or Sword.

e: I'm not saying elite specs have to be 'flashy'. It's just that with current game flow of PvP, utilizing Berserk spec/skills is near impossible. You're basically hoping to constantly deal damage meanwhile your enemy is nuking the hell out of you in 5 seconds.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 27, 2015

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Aesis posted:

Bound does offer extra damage but most of the times you're going to be immobilized or CCed to utilize it. While Dash doesn't offer damage boost, it can be used to remove movement impairing effects and run away.
Yes, that is what Dash does, and why most people--myself included--thought it would be the best of the three dodges. In practice, Bound just brings too much to the table to use the other two most of the time, even WITHOUT Pistol offhand (it gets even better with).

Aesis posted:

As for Physical skills, Distracting Dagger increases cool down on affected skill by 10 seconds which is useful for interrupting heal.
Doesn't matter. It still has a cast time to equip, an ICD between throws, a limited timeframe to use the daggers in, and a cooldown that doesn't start until you have used all of the daggers. Even if your goal is to interrupt things (for Pulmonary procs or just to stop heals etc.), it's still a subpar skill not worth using.

Aesis posted:

Fist Flurry also offers interrupt (well, all 5 have to hit first) and Bandit's Defense offers quick block, knock back and stun break. They might not be great but they have their uses.
Fist Flurry, while not amazing, is still fine. It fits nicely into SPvP D/P builds in particular. Bandit's Defense... I don't ever actually see people using. You'll be taking Shadowstep anyway, so you end up using up a precious skill slot for ANOTHER stun break that has limitations that will also often get you killed.

I get the ostensible uses of the Physicals, believe me... but most didn't end up living up to the hype. Ironically though, people are severely underestimating Impact Strike right now, which is the single best new thing Thief got from Daredevil (Bound is a close second).

I see what you're saying about Berserker, as a lot of it is sustained damage boosts that prefer a target that is fairly stationary. Still think people are underestimating the spec, ESPECIALLY in PvE.

Amante fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 27, 2015

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbN3sGgZY0

Lonk fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 28, 2015

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_fOiMvR4GM

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

On a related note, free merchant express and exp boost on the trading post right now.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Apparently, this is what is out of bounds in Dragon's Stand.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On a related note, free merchant express and exp boost on the trading post right now.

Nice thanks, logging in for those!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Amante posted:

I see what you're saying about Berserker, as a lot of it is sustained damage boosts that prefer a target that is fairly stationary. Still think people are underestimating the spec, ESPECIALLY in PvE.
It's awesome in PvE where npc are pretty much standing still. I'm using Strength, Tactics and Berserker for power build, and you can deal great amount of damage just slashing with GS. 15% attack speed, only 10 Adrenaline requirement for Primal Burst, Always Angry and Quickness on Berserk make it viable in PvE. Just a shame that it's not that viable in PvP because you either need to possess burst or condition pressure on top of reliable CC.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i have no idea how this celestial scrapper build works, only that it does, and very well

1v1 another engi and he died even though all i was doing was trying to keep my hp up

i may be slightly at fault because i know some of the combos (tranq gun 5 + 4 then stow, heal turret burst then hammer 3, etc.) but theres some seriously rad stuff you can do here

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

Dreggon posted:

i have no idea how this celestial scrapper build works, only that it does, and very well

1v1 another engi and he died even though all i was doing was trying to keep my hp up

i may be slightly at fault because i know some of the combos (tranq gun 5 + 4 then stow, heal turret burst then hammer 3, etc.) but theres some seriously rad stuff you can do here

There are a lot of pretty neat new builds using scrapper that I've found. For example I found a scrapper based condi build that uses the gyros that isn't entirely awful.

Between the poison shot volley and the aoe poison field from the Condition gyro, it has decent poison damage, and using the function drone to stomp is always fun.

Solaerin
Mar 11, 2015

Dreggon posted:

Scrapper is so much fun in pvp. I've been running the hammer build with a marauder amulet and the amount of damage it does is insane, I had a few matches where I was racking up like 600k+ direct damage. It's probably not as great all-around since you're more dependent on stealth for survivability but the damage catches people off guard, for sure.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Couple things I noticed about a thief I never play while doing a run of hero points and a dragon stand to 100% the map's easy poi and hero points.

Thief has a major trait that gives them 7% better damage if they are within 300 range of someone, by contrast, the dragon hunter has a minor trait that gives them 7% damage at 0-600 range and 13% damage beyond that.

They also seem to be the only class that didn't get any new F1 button functionality, instead just getting what they used to have in acrobatics, but largely worse.

Speaking of the F1, I used steal on quite a few different heart of thorns enemies and steal didn't actually give me anything to use.

I know they are probably the least played class by a fair margin, but dang it just feels underwhelming and badly tuned when you look at other classes, like that dragon hunter minor trait to major trait comparison, I'm not even sure why dragon hunter has a free 7-13% damage minor trait.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Not even sure why they named the spec as Dragonhunter and gave even more attack capability when you consider what Guardian does or what the name implies.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Anyone have any dye suggestions on what would look good with the Ascalonian weapons? They are the first weapon set I've gotten that are shiny.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Aesis posted:

Not even sure why they named the spec as Dragonhunter and gave even more attack capability when you consider what Guardian does or what the name implies.

I suspect it's named after Braham, who wants to kill the poo poo out of Mordremoth for spoilerific reasons. He even takes up his mother's bow though we don't ever see him use it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the ~lore~ reason provided is that the guardians dedicate themselves to defending tyria or whatever and with everything happening the best way to defend tyria is to actively hunt the dragons

so there you go

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
That final battle is a buggy mess. It took me like 6 tries because Canach kept opening rifts in mid air. It was good to see Tybalt there for the last fight but I'm not sure how that happened.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

spidergoats posted:

It was good to see Tybalt there for the last fight but I'm not sure how that happened.

It just pulls your Pact mentor from that character, because ~memories~

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What if you go into the fight without doing your personal story?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

spidergoats posted:

It was good to see Tybalt there for the last fight but I'm not sure how that happened.

It was all a dream.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You get the best moment of the expansion.

"This won't end well... for you."

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I suspect it's named after Braham, who wants to kill the poo poo out of Mordremoth for spoilerific reasons. He even takes up his mother's bow though we don't ever see him use it.
But I hear traps don't work on dragons anyway! :v:

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think it just pulls out Kasmeer instead.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Treaherne

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

For the first time, I am pleased by how my Charr Ele looks

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Im almost done with my dragonhunter's maximum shiny spikey metal outfit. need the third tier vigil backpack still

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some random screenshots during my expansion time.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some random screenshots during my expansion time.

are you sure this one isnt from Fallout 4

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I had the same feeling off that. :aaaaa:

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Hi posted:

are you sure this one isnt from Fallout 4

Of course not, don't be silly. Fallout 3 is the green one. Fallout 4 is the blue-orange one.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Clearing out old messages in my inbox...

:lol:

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011

Pub rage :psyduck:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

How'd the new armor/weapon skin situation end up working out in HoT anyways? People were predicting a lot of ugly plant sets. Does HoT even have much in the way of new skins at all?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

There's leyline and bladed armor and uh, makeshift and machined weapons?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Vargs posted:

How'd the new armor/weapon skin situation end up working out in HoT anyways? People were predicting a lot of ugly plant sets. Does HoT even have much in the way of new skins at all?

I like some of the ascended specialization weapons like the wrench, the Auric weapon set, and the blade dick armour. Not much else I've seen, there's nothing else noteworthy really that I know about.

Shitbreak
Jun 20, 2005
https://m.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3unau3/i_have_no_hope/
Haha guess you really did ruin that guys day (and possibly life?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Is there a way to make leveling fun? It's frustrating that in most MMOs (including this one), leveling is simply too "easy". There's no challenge in face-rolling mobs. What's a way to make this somewhat more challenging?

• Locked thread