Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=293110087

Jimmy Clausen and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish lost a game where Clausen had 51 pass attempts.

Draft him and start him immediately Carolina.

Looking at that boxscore I'd blame ND's run defence more than anything. Christ, only 3 passes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

You think we can?

I think you guys will steal 2 wins somehow

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Looking at that boxscore I'd blame ND's run defence more than anything. Christ, only 3 passes?

it's navy, they play football like they used to in the 20s when the forward pass was a trick play.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Should they be called Jack and Cokes or Jacks and Coke?

Lol I just blew up the dinner conversation over this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

shiksa posted:

it's navy, they play football like they used to in the 20s when the forward pass was a trick play.

I understand but clearly ND didn't have a DL worth a drat that year. 50 rushes for 300 plus yards.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

philip what is that on your upper lip

philip stop

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

shiksa posted:

Navy knows which way the wind is blowing. Pretty soon, the rules for what constitutes a catch will by so byzantine that a completed pass will be seen as an error in officiating and then

and then

THEN Navy will be ready to take their place on top of College Football, just as it was meant to be.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ross Angeles posted:

philip stop

8 kids requires a hell of a dadstache.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Philip Rivers what are you doing! Seem like Playing a police in the film. haha

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's November squares.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

shiksa posted:

The Jeff Fisher way.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Does any team look more improved week after week than the Panthers? I'm seriously asking. I feel like every week the team is better than the week before. I always felt Rivera and his staff improved the defense as the season has gone on, but the offense looks better every week to, at least to me.

This season the team looks better from top to bottom than the week before, every week. I'm not sure if any team in the NFL looks more improved from their first 2 weeks until now than the Panthers. Am I wrong? Is it my imagination?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

philip stop

Pray for Jacksonville

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Ribsauce posted:

Does any team look more improved week after week than the Panthers? I'm seriously asking. I feel like every week the team is better than the week before. I always felt Rivera and his staff improved the defense as the season has gone on, but the offense looks better every week to, at least to me.

This season the team looks better from top to bottom than the week before, every week. I'm not sure if any team in the NFL looks more improved from their first 2 weeks until now than the Panthers. Am I wrong? Is it my imagination?

Defenses are hosed now that Cam is basically calling the plays.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

It's Jack and Cokes. The drink is called a "Jack and Coke" and you are having multiples of that drink.

Not multiple Jacks and one Coke.

Unless it's Thanksgiving.

This, Jacks and coke is what Kellen Winslow has in parking lots.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ross Angeles posted:

philip stop

solid belt buckle.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ross Angeles posted:

philip stop

Growing a stache for his eventual move to the valley. I respect it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Ribsauce posted:

It is heartening that they seem to be improving week by week, although there are hiccups in every game (like the drive that led to 4th and 40 this week). Even the special teams, while not great, aren't as reliably terrible as they used to be.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
N: Cowboys fans falsely claim a Panthers fan was throwing stuff on the field and security comes and chokes him out.
http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/11/27/carolina-panthers-fan-choked-thrown-out-of-att-stadium-for-cheering-vid/

V: gently caress the Cowboys forever.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

I would say the Vikings had they not looked like total dogshit against the packers last week and been bad in most of their strong points. The panthers are my last hope right now for though. they look great with their weird 1950s style of play and Cam is a beast. No other NFC team looks especially dominant.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That's awful, gently caress those fans. Oddly enough, standing and cheering your team is enough to get you yelled at/kicked out of the Panthers' stadium for daring to obstruct someone's view.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Most northeast/rust belt stadiums reached the "you're retarded if you go to an away game" point about ten years ago. Good to see the rest of the country catching up.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
After my last Seattle game there was kind of serious trash talking going on between a Bears fan group (lol) and a Hawks fan group. Like threatening each other and poo poo. Then one of the Seahawks fans rushes towards the Bears fans and I'm like "oh poo poo here we go". But the Seahawks fan grabbed something off the ground and handed it to the Bears fan. It was his phone and the Seattle dude said something to the effect of "Hate your guts and all but golly losing your phone would make for a terrible day". Then he just smiled and walked away.

It was PNW as gently caress.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I don't really understand how any coastal NFC E divisional game gets any away fans. Those places are brutal.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I've been to philly in Giants stuff and nobody bothered me.

Opposing fans sit in my section at MetLife and rarely are they a problem.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The problem I've seen at Candlestick and now Levis is that opposing fans waaaaaay overcompensate and are massive dicks about everything which rubs people the wrong way.

Hell the Vikings fan that got beat up at Levis this year had multiple witnesses saying he was goading people in and calling them pussies (note: not condoning the actions of the people who acted on it).

At this point I've been near a couple hundred fans of opposing teams in the stands and the only incident was one of the Raiders-Niners fights. The worst I've seen happen was me sarcastically/obnoxiously trying to high five the obnoxious Seahawks fans behind me after Gore's 50+ yard game clinching run a few years ago.

There aren't marauding gangs of people ready to beat the poo poo out of people wearing the wrong jerseys (except on the field).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I've been to many Chargers away games at Qualcomm stadium and people are generally nice.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Ross Angeles posted:

I've been to many Chargers away games at Qualcomm stadium and people are generally nice.

A good post.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I went to two Seahawks games against Philadelphia at Qwest/Century Link over the past 10 years and learned that Eagles fans are terrible. I mean I remember Raiders games way back in the 80s and 90s at the Kingdome and learning to hate Raiders fans but we were divisional opponents.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Ross Angeles posted:

Even most idiot Packer fans are pretty nice dudes when it comes down to it (I say this as a Minnesotan who could walk to Wisconsin in 10 minutes so I interact with those shitbags all the time). It only takes like 1 rear end in a top hat out of 1000 to make a group of people look bad. That said gently caress all packer fans and shout out to all the bear.

Bruc fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 28, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I love that everyone's experiences are "good except Raiders fans".

God, we're every negative stereotype about football fans :smith:

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

After my last Seattle game there was kind of serious trash talking going on between a Bears fan group (lol) and a Hawks fan group. Like threatening each other and poo poo. Then one of the Seahawks fans rushes towards the Bears fans and I'm like "oh poo poo here we go". But the Seahawks fan grabbed something off the ground and handed it to the Bears fan. It was his phone and the Seattle dude said something to the effect of "Hate your guts and all but golly losing your phone would make for a terrible day". Then he just smiled and walked away.

It was PNW as gently caress.

This reminds me of my favorite race story. I was 20 and living in NYC for the first time for a college internship. I was walking out of my building one evening, a little nervous, and a few blocks in I hear someone sprinting towards me, turn, and see a large black man with dreads coming at me. He stops and says, "hey, you dropped your wallet a block ago".

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

hey at least no one accuses raiders fans of being bandwagon fans

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Its Miller Time posted:

This reminds me of my favorite race story. I was 20 and living in NYC for the first time for a college internship. I was walking out of my building one evening, a little nervous, and a few blocks in I hear someone sprinting towards me, turn, and see a large black man with dreads coming at me. He stops and says, "hey, you dropped your wallet a block ago".

I don't get it.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Listen to this song and then I'm sure you'll understand.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Knew it before I clicked it :hfive:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

On multiple occasions I've seen Eagles fans be complete pricks to opposing team fans. Never saw a fight break out though.

On the other hand:
http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/watch-new-video-shows-giants-fan-really-wanted-get-punched-gets-punched-face

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Weren't you a bills fan a month ago

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Anaranjado posted:

Weren't you a bills fan a month ago

Right at the start of the season, when I first got into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

BasicFunk posted:

N: Cowboys fans falsely claim a Panthers fan was throwing stuff on the field and security comes and chokes him out.
http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/11/27/carolina-panthers-fan-choked-thrown-out-of-att-stadium-for-cheering-vid/

V: gently caress the Cowboys forever.

What a bunch of bullshit. gently caress that security guy too.

• Locked thread