Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Railing Kill posted:

I know the dude's voice is masked or whatever, and I sure as hell don't speak Norwegian, but I'm just going to pretend that you guys have Klingons in Norway.

Well he is from Lofoten so the difference is fairly theoretical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

TNO posted:

It's forcing them to go through with the extra step of arresting you that's more likely to piss them off, and it basically gives them an excuse to gently caress with you

speshl guy posted:

Any police officer worth his salt will be able to tell as soon as your window is down that you've been ingesting mind-altering substances. At this point refusing to answer questions the cop knows the answer to will succeed only in pissing him or her off.

Why is it in any way ok for cops to act immorally or ignore their basic duties just because someone 'pissed them off'?

gently caress that, and gently caress them. They need to be professional enough to do their jobs, even when someone doesn't like them and is being a loving hassle. The rest of us are adult enough to do this in our respective places of work, it should absolutely be expected of authority figures with power to exert over the populous. You can't just be a dick and abuse your power because you don't like a person. Excusing the police for being irresponsible and heinously ignoring their civic service duties just because of personal reasons....no. gently caress that to the end of time, I don't accept that.

I'm sorry that DOING THEIR JOB, which THEY CHOSE TO ENROLL IN, pisses them off so much. No one promised them hugs, kisses and cuddles when they enrolled. It's loving hard to be the rulekeepers in society and it's a fairly thankless task, and if you can't accept that with a measure of grace, don't be a loving police officer. We don't need people who give in to their own festering resentment to be police officers, taking it out on the citizenry because the world is not a perfect place.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hang on I'm almost ther eunghhhhh

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

One time my house for robbed and a cop showed up and I asked if they were gonna do the fingerprint thing and the cop said "yeah there's a guy who does that but it'll be like 45 minutes away and I'll have to stay here till he comes. You want me to still call him?" And he made like 3 or 4 more comments on how the guy was busy and it would be a while and he would have to stay so was I like REALLY sure. And I'm like yeah call him over I'm sorry if this guy is bothered by havim to do his job but I was just robbed and I don't care if you don't want to hang around.

That's my cop story.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Anosmoman posted:

Well he is from Lofoten so the difference is fairly theoretical.

OTOH he's labelled "sinna fyllefant" which even if it means angry drunk does sound like someone you'd just pat on the head and go "there, there.."

Sinna fyllefant is my new favorite word.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Steven Seagal still got it

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I was riding shotgun in my buddy's RSX and it happened. We were headed to work on a busy 2 lane and I was half-asleep trying to squeeze in a nap and holy gently caress talk about a jump scare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prv0Sam_828

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

baw posted:

Wherein a cat encounters a wasp

This was under-appreciated. Poor kitty.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry ma'am. Your cat has karlmaldenitis.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Nailed it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

LogisticEarth posted:

Why are we on a police/DUI derail in the Schadenfreude thread when it's Black Friday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnObuusAYlU

fake edit:

That first video is staged as hell.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

I like how they all broke exactly in the middle when they fell over, why it's almost like all those brick breaking clips are staged and the bricks are already cut a fair way through thus making that effortless illusion.

I can't fathom why anyone still thinks that is an impressive feat, and those that perform it actually think they're doing something entertaining.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

dpack_1 posted:

I like how they all broke exactly in the middle when they fell over, why it's almost like all those brick breaking clips are staged and the bricks are already cut a fair way through thus making that effortless illusion.

I can't fathom why anyone still thinks that is an impressive feat, and those that perform it actually think they're doing something entertaining.

Sometimes it's totally adorable. :3:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

dpack_1 posted:

I dunno dude, I was pretty impressed and found the gif entertaining.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

dpack_1 posted:

https://skepticalteacher.wordpress.com/2009/11/14/physics-of-karate-no-woo-required/ You've just got to pick the right material, not doctor the slabs.

I don't really see anything that unbelieveable about intact slabs breaking in the middle. Materials science is weird.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I heart bacon posted:

Vertical videos are even worse when they don't black out the sides. Don't distract me with the blurry nonsense on the sides! :argh:

I like when they do that. It's way less distracting than the black borders.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Was this the sovereign citizen woman that the cop just gets loving fed up with?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Doesn't look like English on the cop's back. Although FYGM shitheads aren't restricted by borders.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bip Roberts posted:

Hmm, interesting post. Post more.

Every American should watch this video. It's absolutely worth your time to watch the entirety of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Met posted:

Every American should watch this video. It's absolutely worth your time to watch the entirety of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

The above is true.

OR you can move to a place like Des Moines where the police aren't raging dick heads because the populace aren't raging dick heads making everyone on edge.

The amount of stress the average citizen in a major city experiences on their BEST day has to dwarf the stress in a Des Moines or Omaha on their worst day.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

The above is true.

OR you can move to a place like Des Moines where the police aren't raging dick heads because the populace aren't raging dick heads making everyone on edge.

The amount of stress the average citizen in a major city experiences on their BEST day has to dwarf the stress in a Des Moines or Omaha on their worst day.

Please sores you're quarts.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jastiger posted:

The above is true.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's from Russia. Dude did passively aggressively refuse to comply with demands of traffic policemen after they finally chased him down. Police did suspect DUI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSdqV8kAvlI

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Sovereign Citizen used a magical spell against the Law Enforcement Officer!
It wasn't very effective...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aCwbpAXgmE
"I'M AN ADULT!"
:goonsay:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

C.M. Kruger posted:

"I'M AN ADULT!"
:goonsay:

I know how to operate a street, thank you.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxYs7AGYrj0

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Jastiger posted:

The above is true.

Actually Omaha had one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the country as recently as last year. And I know at one point in the recent past North Omaha had the worst child poverty rate in the country.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Jastiger posted:

The above is true.

OR you can move to a place like Des Moines where the police aren't raging dick heads because the populace aren't raging dick heads making everyone on edge.*

* If you are white.

Also remember that cop who embezzled money and shot himself and blamed BLM? He was from a small rural town.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Man, getting hit by Oakman is probably the worst for anyone, let alone a punter.

I forget, did someone already post Tony Lippett murdering Baylor's kicker last year?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gently caress

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Jastiger posted:

The above is true.

Yea no, I'm from Des Moines. All our cops think they are John Wayne/Judge Dread and will hassle you because you bothered them. Unless you are not white, then they will shoot you 30 times for a traffic infraction.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
The best solution is to move out of the US

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

baw posted:

The best solution is to move out of the US
Yeah, because that's sooo easy. :rolleyes:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Gorilla Salad posted:

gently caress

Oh my god, his hands! And did he piss himself? Because I loving would've too.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Man, getting hit by Oakman is probably the worst for anyone, let alone a punter.

I forget, did someone already post Tony Lippett murdering Baylor's kicker last year?

I did. :allears:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Roro posted:

Oh my god, his hands! And did he piss himself? Because I loving would've too.

I'm about 99% sure he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Jastiger posted:

The above is true.

Des Moines is a nice safe city but Omaha definitely isn't. All the malls have off-duty police officers paroling the theaters due to gang violence. North Omaha is a terrifying place to go to. My in-laws place has been broken into before and they've had cars stolen from their driveway.

http://www.ibtimes.com/omaha-nebraska-most-dangerous-place-america-be-black-1548466

The city is so economically depressed that every single store is "Blank" for Less. My favorite is "Tobacco and Cell Phones 4 Less". There are no jobs and no economic development.