Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

So I'm guessing Princess is now too weak and degraded to actually do what Allison needed in the first place. Guess Cio gets her training montage wish before they confront all the big players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nimby posted:

So I'm guessing Princess is now too weak and degraded to actually do what Allison needed in the first place. Guess Cio gets her training montage wish before they confront all the big players.

i was wondering about that, if it might've been better to leave him (is it still him?) at green or something

I wonder if alison could promote cio easily too

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 28, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Well, they won't have to get rid of many more to get back to Ebon status, if nothing else.

Please note that Princess was the Ebon name.

No, wait, I suppose if it only has one name that name must be Ebon. Does that retroactively make every other demon with Princess amongst their names have an extra Ebon name? Or does every demon have their own set of names?

Speculation is fun.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MikeJF posted:

i was wondering about that, if it might've been better to leave him (is it still him?) at green or something

I wonder if alison could promote cio easily too

It's her now according to the alt text. Honestly that's probably the least weird thing going on.

We know how demons get names firsthand now, but we still don't know how they lose them. Allison may or may not be able to help Cio shed a few, but it may necessitate tricking a human into a bad pact or something else she wouldn't necessarily want to do.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh hey, Vladok is a lady now that she's Princess, even though most of her names are masculine

On a Reddit AMA or something a while back, Abaddon said there's some arch devil called only "Himself." So you can go beyond Ebon if you don't have a name at all.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are We Not Devils? We Are Devo!

Love the mask transition carry over between the frames.

[edit]I have to wonder what's going inside Dhuutholmel's head seeing his dad become Princess. I'm sure we'll find out very shortly.[/edit]

M. Propagandalf fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 28, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Christmas posted:

Oh hey, Vladok is a lady now that she's Princess, even though most of her names are masculine

On a Reddit AMA or something a while back, Abaddon said there's some arch devil called only "Himself." So you can go beyond Ebon if you don't have a name at all.

I think that's part of being a blue devil, actually; note that every other form Princess went through was pretty masculine, but literally every single imp we've seen is feminine.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The mask in its original red form is kinda feminine I thought.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I didn't expect the answer to the question of which name would be picked would be "All of them."

this is a good comic.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
OH MY GOOOOD.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

The confused and horrified "W-wait! Where am I? What did I drink?" from our newly-minted blue devil is fantastic.

It does seem quite a burdensome name.

I do hope we get to see Allison returning the paper doll to Cio, unused, and a reaction to that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Okay, so here's what that page tells me in the way of new info: Cio was a black, and probably gained a bunch of names in the process of stealing a key of kings. Also, Cio is probably looking to steal Allison's key somehow. Finally, seeing as how her name is literally Coca Cola, she was probably busted down by someone from our Earth.

Also: It looks like Princess Esquire just found out that her purpose is to pass butter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-FZcydhy0

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 28, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

Okay, so here's what that page tells me in the way of new info: Cio was a black, and probably gained a bunch of names in the process of stealing a key of kings.

Or maybe to hide afterwards.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I don't get the feeling Cio still has a key, so I'd guess she got her extra names from however she lost it. Maybe even to one of The Seven, giving her the kind of revenge arc a fanfiction writer would really appreciate in a supporting character.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A.o.D. posted:

Cio was a black, and probably gained a bunch of names in the process of stealing a key of kings.

Wow that's really racist, I'm pretty sure she wasn't black because she's a criminal.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Finally, seeing as how her name is literally Coca Cola

Needs accent aigues to make it pop, but you're right. Ciocié Cioellé. Holy o'gently caress.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A.o.D. posted:

Finally, seeing as how her name is literally Coca Cola, she was probably busted down by someone from our Earth.

Her being a fanfiction writer is probably also a consequence of an Earthling rebuilding her identity. Taking a mighty devil and going "you are now <joke-reference name> the fanfiction writer and lawn gnome collector!" is a good way to massively depower a scary being.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phy posted:

Needs accent aigues to make it pop, but you're right. Ciocié Cioellé. Holy o'gently caress.

Wait, where'd that come from. She says it's Cio Cioelle. Estrella von Maximus The Third?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Denzine posted:

I didn't expect the answer to the question of which name would be picked would be "All of them."

Well, that's one way to reach concordance!

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

MikeJF posted:

Wait, where'd that come from. She says it's Cio Cioelle. Estrella von Maximus The Third?

Ciocie's her full first name. Someone calls her that, um... here.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Giant Ethicist posted:

Ciocie's her full first name. Someone calls her that, um... here.

It's also the page where the hover-text hints what her name really is: "If you pronounce ciocie cioelle in a particular way, a magical name will appear"

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

How was this guy an Ebon demon when he had a red mask to begin with.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hypocrisy posted:

That was just the lighting.

(People in the webcomics thread assumed he was ebon and Operant just ran with it.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hypocrisy posted:

They looked at the color of his skin rather than that of the mask.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Ideal outcome: Someday, an Ebon devil known only as... Freddy.

I'm loving how the three Magisters are basically a well-coordinated veteran adventuring party, and by encountering Allison their campaign has suddenly and violently intersected with Saints Row.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Okay, so Allison has Zoss' original master key in her head. At some point in the past Cio stole a key from somewhere and there are enough rumors floating around about it. Somehow, 82 White Chain knew that Cio had once stolen a key which is why White Chain took Allison to Hell 71 in the first place.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think white chain had some previous involvement with Cio, actually, the implication was seeing her again

Maybe we'll get some crazy flashback heist story down the line

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Yeah, "That angel is back for you".

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Hypocrisy posted:

I feel dumb. Which strip/panel do we first see Vladok in that he has a red mask?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Razor Jacksuit posted:

I feel dumb. Which strip/panel do we first see Vladok in that he has a red mask?

His first appearance, but it was barely red so everyone thought he was an Ebon and Operant rolled with it.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

wiegieman posted:

His first appearance, but it was barely red so everyone thought he was an Ebon and Operant rolled with it.

He was also covered in fur, as red devils are supposed to be, and he looked quite like a sketch that had been posted on his tumblr. Though some things have changed.

If it makes you feel better, consider that Yisun is maybe lying to you instead.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Perhaps the devil was engaging... in deception?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

team overhead smash posted:

Yeah, "That angel is back for you".
This and the one that follow it are still some of my favorite K6BD strips. Cio is amazing.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Ahahah... failed to notice the alt text on that one previously...

"Yon hoverly mouse thee, wordens appear aboutwise thinken tha?"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Go into a drinking contest as a big, black guy - wake up as a small, blue girl.
Yeah, we've all had nights like that.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It would pretty funny if Cio was a fan fiction writer while she was still an Ebon Devil. It's funny to imagine one of the most powerful beings in the K6BD universe, tough enough to take a Key of King from one of the Demiurges, writing some fan fic on the side or even using it as her means to steal the key in the first place.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

It would pretty funny if Cio was a fan fiction writer while she was still an Ebon Devil. It's funny to imagine one of the most powerful beings in the K6BD universe, tough enough to take a Key of King from one of the Demiurges, writing some fan fic on the side or even using it as her means to steal the key in the first place.

When you have that kind of power, your fanfiction probably overwrites reality.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do you think the red art works, huh?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Also I guess this means Allison now has two fallen Ebon Devils in her party now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, looks like Allison's finally getting some respect around here.

Also, whoever called that she didn't actually use the charm Cio gave her: Good call.