Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

There's one called Commando i think? It's for getting kills while climbing over something. So really just play lots of Nuketown and Infection and keep undershooting the jump slightly so you autoclimb in while shooting. Wasen't aware taht was a thing until i glanced at the challenges list the other night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

funkmeister posted:

Plus bonus cryptokeys, maybe?

No, that was part of an update last week.

quote:

Players are now awarded Cryptokeys in Arena and Public matches, after playing consecutive matches in the same playlist.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Javes I want you to explain to me what magic bullshit it is you're using to make the VMP any kind of decent.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Do you really need tips on how to use the strongest, most easy to use gun in the entire game :confused:

Maybe try pressing whichever button you have bound to 'fire' while you have it equipped. Once you're comfortable with that you can try to advance to pressing the 'aim down sights' button before pressing the 'fire' button, although that step isn't really necessary with the VMP.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I play this on the bone and one of the most annoying things is that it often runs really really choppy. It's not a connection issue just the video jumps every 4 or 5 frames. Is there a way to kill background processes on the bone or something? I don't get how this can be a problem when the machines only job is to play one game at a ti e in a very controlled environement. Do I just have a bum Xbox or something?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Bloodmobile posted:

Do you really need tips on how to use the strongest, most easy to use gun in the entire game :confused:

I asked about the VMP not the M8.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Spudsly posted:

I play this on the bone and one of the most annoying things is that it often runs really really choppy. It's not a connection issue just the video jumps every 4 or 5 frames. Is there a way to kill background processes on the bone or something? I don't get how this can be a problem when the machines only job is to play one game at a ti e in a very controlled environement. Do I just have a bum Xbox or something?

Do you have your Xbox in instant on mode? If so, I had the same problem.

I fixed it by unplugging our Xbox for a minute. Hope this helps, it's frustrating.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
The weevil has been a godsend of a weapon after trudging through getting gold for the vmp.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

The weevil has been a godsend of a weapon after trudging through getting gold for the vmp.

:psyduck:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
drat dude I don't know why you're struggling with the VMP so much. I started playing on Wednesday and have it max prestiged... Somewhere between 75 and 100 headshots without actively trying to get them. It's... an easy gun to use.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
It's trash and I'm happy I'll never have to use it again.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I got a quad-feed for possibly the first time ever playing a CoD game, after driving a HC-XD into a group rushing B during a Hunted domination game. :toot:

But for some reason the game counted it as two double kills. I've been robbed. :negative:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

limited posted:

I got a quad-feed for possibly the first time ever playing a CoD game, after driving a HC-XD into a group rushing B during a Hunted domination game. :toot:

But for some reason the game counted it as two double kills. I've been robbed. :negative:

They don't seem to count any quad feeds you get with killstreaks toward the challenge anyway.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I got a quad from a hellstorm and another from a nicely placed semtex in seperate Domination matches, still haven't unlocked that calling card. :(

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Quads and mercilesses are left to get for my Killer challenges. About halfway there on both I think.

I'll never get Nuclear so I just gotta live with it

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Hahaha, some of the XBONE goons are such babies.

"Man I can't stand it when people are having fun in my serious business shooty man video game. I'm mad, bro. I'm gonna mute them, that'll show them how much of a hardass cool guy I am."

Some of you guys need to relax and have fun.

Edit: If something is bothering you, there is nice way to say "Hey, can you cut back on that, it's kind of annoying" instead of acting like an internet tough guy.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 29, 2015

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
lets just name names here folks

s/o to all the people i play w/- you guys rule

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

bear is driving! posted:

this game has and always will be a full time job for me

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Xenaero posted:

Quads and mercilesses are left to get for my Killer challenges. About halfway there on both I think.

I'll never get Nuclear so I just gotta live with it

Apparently Gun Game idling lobbies are a thing so try getting in one of those if you can.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
So how nuts am I for debating buying this on pc?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yeah, its a lovely port. The port has framerate issues (that may or not have been fixed with the recent patches depending on your machine) and bad mouse controls. The mouse controls were fine in the beta, I don't get why they changed it.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

We got a group of three going if anyone wants to play

PSN:BostonZombie

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

bear is driving! posted:

Hahaha, some of the XBONE goons are such babies.

"Man I can't stand it when people are having fun in my serious business shooty man video game. I'm mad, bro. I'm gonna mute them, that'll show them how much of a hardass cool guy I am."

Edit: If something is bothering you, there is nice way to say "Hey, can you cut back on that, it's kind of annoying" instead of acting like an internet tough guy.

I think the best conversation the other day was

"Why do you have him blocked?"
"I don't even know anymore."
"why did he block you?"
"I don't even know anymore."

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, its a lovely port. The port has framerate issues (that may or not have been fixed with the recent patches depending on your machine) and bad mouse controls. The mouse controls were fine in the beta, I don't get why they changed it.

I have a 970 and experienced zero framerate issues, and the mouse controls are fine. You have a different ADS sensitivity compared to normal but I've never noticed it. So yes, you need a fairly modern computer that's capable of "brute forcing" lovely port jobs but chances are if your PC is your primary platform you have one of those anyway.

It's also difficult to find players outside of TDM, Domination or Chaos Moshpit but all those modes are pretty good so *shrug*.

e: Actually I lied, you'll notice the mouse controls with the Argus, since the different sensitivity and the lack of autoaim means I've missed a bunch of shots by aiming slightly to the left of whatever I wanted to shoot, but...

Apparently I adjusted to it :shrug:

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 29, 2015

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
I have tried to like Safeguard, I really have, but if we could get that game mode out of ground war it would be just fantastic.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

RossCo posted:

I have tried to like Safeguard, I really have, but if we could get that game mode out of ground war it would be just fantastic.

I have only played safeguard in groundwar.

How different is it in 6v6?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's 6 people on each team.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Argh, the kills using dual wield challenge doesn't count kills at all, it's the last one I need for combat handling master :argh:

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

It's trash and I'm happy I'll never have to use it again.

Did you accidentally buy the wrong game? In Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 the VMP is the default gun that everyone who just wants to win &/ have a good k/d runs. I see more VMPs than literally any other gun in matches and you have to put in serious effort to go anything below a 1.5 K/D with it even if you're brand new to CoD. It has great range, good accuracy with a high rate of fire and a 40-round mag by default. It feels like one of those CoD:AW variant guns with several attachments stuck to it by default.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Bloodmobile posted:

Did you accidentally buy the wrong game? In Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 the VMP is the default gun that everyone who just wants to win &/ have a good k/d runs. I see more VMPs than literally any other gun in matches and you have to put in serious effort to go anything below a 1.5 K/D with it even if you're brand new to CoD. It has great range, good accuracy with a high rate of fire and a 40-round mag by default. It feels like one of those CoD:AW variant guns with several attachments stuck to it by default.

I agree with everything here but this. I always find that the VMP has less range than I want. To the point that I don't even use it. I prefer the Razorback or the Kuda.

VMP is still pretty effective though, it's crazy to call it a bad gun.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

AirRaid posted:

I agree with everything here but this. I always find that the VMP has less range than I want. To the point that I don't even use it. I prefer the Razorback or the Kuda.

I don't mean the actual range at which it retains it's 4-5 shot kill, I mean that just in general a high rate of fire, accurate SMG is good at range. If you put a stock on it and just spam away at someone at long range they're going to have to try to aim at a fast-moving target while flinching like crazy. It's not that uncommon to win out against sniper rifles and most assault rifles at range with the VMP if you can get the first shot in just because of how hard you can become to hit.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 29, 2015

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

It's also worth noting that I mostly play hardcore so pretty much every gun becomes a 1-2 shot kill. Having the extra range on the one shot is a life saver a lot of the time.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Finally got to exploit gun game by waking up 15 minutes earlier than I usually do for work. You definitely have to do it in the wee hours of the morning because, as I found out, gun game has no timer on the round. Which means you have to luck into an open spot on a lobby full of idlers or find a game with maybe one other person doing the same thing you are. But I knocked out Nuclear and a couple other challenges, plus around 60 knife kills for good measure. Its great for headshots if you're trying to do one of the guns it uses, you just have to run out of bounds to humiliate yourself back to that gun after each kill. Otherwise just stick to streak challenges or movement challenges. Especially that stupid thrust jump into a slide kill.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I don't get it, why are people idling?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

Especially that stupid thrust jump into a slide kill.

I did that one in open play. :colbert:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I don't get it, why are people idling?

Crypto keys are earned based on time played so i imagine people are idling to get lots of them at once.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Crypto keys are earned based on time played so i imagine people are idling to get lots of them at once.

Yup. I think I got at least 6 keys after I ended the game after about half an hour.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Dual wield lcar's would probably be next on the nerf list if the ammo was a bit higher and they weren't so late in level. Very fast kill rate up close, and you can get that single kill outside of shotgun range while the reload time is fast enough.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

I had a match where I got 20 headshots with the XR-2 in the first round of DOM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5tqcf-Str0

It earned me a GI Unit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8wrAKoHxA

gently caress the GI Unit.

Not a fan of the cowardly, pacifist GI Unit.. That first run before the death was just crazy though. Headshot after headshot.

In today's "how can I make my own team shout at me for helping them" I found that spinning around with the cerberus shooting UAV's out of the air actually angers your teammates, not get thanks for taking out scorestreaks. I'm just trying to give.

Also whoever suggested the wraith, man that thing is some fun if they aren't packing launchers. It just tears people up at angles that make zero sense, definitely a keeper.

Finally, scorestreaks not counting towards killstreaks (merciless medal etc.) I think is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
You mean killstreak related challenges? Some do, apparently. I definitely got the calling card for getting a bloodthirsty medal against attackers on an objective by remote-controlling a Cereberus in Domination.

edit: now that you mentioned it though I don't think I ever saw an actual bloodthirsty medal

• Locked thread