Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If we care about Real Life Gun Stuff for some reason, then almost all 10mm guns are based on .45 auto designs anyway. Then again, in real life 10mm is more powerful and less common than .45 auto.

Giving Fallout even surface level gun realism would be a :spergin: chore and none of the games ever had it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Azhais posted:

Did you make the required ini changes? It whines at you the first time you hit the checkbox but then never again

I did! I figured out why it was happening though, and I'm dumb I guess. I signed up for the beta patch and Bethesda has FO4 automatically cancel any loaded mods with the beta patch, yay for them.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jack Ketch posted:

That's due to weapon range being handled by the GECK, so you can visually increase anything but you're hosed on actually having it reach until the GECK is out.

:mad:

Well, this is still pretty good. Thanks.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

What's the best balance mod at the moment? I'd like something closer in feel to the JESawyer mod from new vegas. I'd like me to be deadly, but also my opponents. Right now it's a line between like me killing everything and never dying or me dying super fast while taking a long time to kill everything.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

Reason posted:

Can anyone help me out with the Nexus Mod Manager? I check the .esps in plugins I want loaded and then I click the green check mark to load all mods, but when I run the game no mods are working and when I start NMM back up everything is unchecked again.

Whats going on?

I heard the beta patch disables mods, maybe its that if you downloaded it recently.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

KakerMix posted:

A rechamber mod would be so good. Imagine a minigun chambered in shotgun shells. Call it Ironrain :getin:

rope kid, please rechamber Fallout 4 into 4.5.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

rope kid, please rechamber Fallout 4 into 4.5.
dear bethesda, please greenlight fallout: boneyards

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

sean10mm posted:

If we care about Real Life Gun Stuff for some reason, then almost all 10mm guns are based on .45 auto designs anyway. Then again, in real life 10mm is more powerful and less common than .45 auto.

Giving Fallout even surface level gun realism would be a :spergin: chore and none of the games ever had it anyway.

I still don't know why anyone cares about sperging out over their guns in this game with an alternate history set 250 years in the future after a nuclear apocalypse in which you shoot giant green orcs with a laser gun that disintegrates them into piles of ashes

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I still don't know why anyone cares about sperging out over their guns in this game with an alternate history set 250 years in the future after a nuclear apocalypse in which you shoot giant green orcs with a laser gun that disintegrates them into piles of ashes

As long as i get to steal everything not nailed down, do farmville, & put all of my settlers into shiny red dresses, I'm cool with boomsticks looking like hank hill's huffed everything and then gone mad with gold paint in a gunsmiths.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Testing out the weapon mod editing functionality of FO4Edit.
NOTE: The weapon mod editing of FO4Edit is not completely tested (duh) and may cause complete singularities within the game engine. Use at own risk.

Based on and shamelessly stolen from The Iron Rose's Weapon Overhaul mod. The contents of this esp are free to steal wholesale.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp

Changes:
(mow)

So, because I'm like, slow and stuff; would this replace, be in addition to, or conflict with BetterCommando.esp?

.. because I'm loving that one so far .. :fap:

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Because when you kill the president of the new California republic in the future, with your exoskeleton that somehow increases your ability to negotiate with people because of its paint job, your weapon that fires electromagnetic pulses into genetically-altered dogs with bombs strapped to their backs needs to realistically exhaust its heat, so your suspension of disbelief won't be interrupted by the vapor moving northwest instead of north-northwest.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I think I saw this requested earlier: Disable Minuteman Radiant Quests . Made with FO4Edit.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mosnar posted:

So, because I'm like, slow and stuff; would this replace, be in addition to, or conflict with BetterCommando.esp?

IIRC bettercommando only touches perks and this touches weapon entries and mod items, so it should be fine with it.

Update: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp

-lower spread for short barrel shotgun attachments
-even lower spread for long barrel shotgun attachments, using the double barreled long shotgun with the circle reflex sight will have 90% of the pellets land within the circle at FOV 80
-smaller drums for smg now actually only 30 rounds instead of 50, better fix for this will come with GECK

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Bigger Axe

The mod I've been waiting for.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nahrix posted:

Because when you kill the president of the new California republic in the future, with your exoskeleton that somehow increases your ability to negotiate with people because of its paint job, your weapon that fires electromagnetic pulses into genetically-altered dogs with bombs strapped to their backs needs to realistically exhaust its heat, so your suspension of disbelief won't be interrupted by the vapor moving northwest instead of north-northwest.

I really would like a mod that strips off attribute bonuses from clothing because the idea that I get out of my power armor, put on a sweater vest and fedora and suddenly I'm more charasmatic is dumb as all heck. Suppose I could just max charisma through the console to avoid that whole thing

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mosnar posted:

Glad you're enjoying yourself :kimchi:

Only the alternate Minigun mod will interfere with weaponry; Better Commando just overhauls those 5 perks.

Revol posted:

I think I saw this requested earlier: Disable Minuteman Radiant Quests . Made with FO4Edit.

You're a loving miracle worker.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

My supply lines between settlements are all hosed up and I don't want to spend hours tracking down every provisioner to reset them. Is there any mod or console command or something to change or delete your supply lines?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

KakerMix posted:

I really would like a mod that strips off attribute bonuses from clothing because the idea that I get out of my power armor, put on a sweater vest and fedora and suddenly I'm more charasmatic is dumb as all heck. Suppose I could just max charisma through the console to avoid that whole thing

This is pretty standard RPG stuff, dude.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

But also in real life people treat you based on how you look so in some ways it makes sense.

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out

Reason posted:

But also in real life people treat you based on how you look so in some ways it makes sense.

God damnit, both of you make sense and my brain is imploding.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Yeah, of all the things to complain about, the idea that you might be more personable when nicely dressed rather than when talking at someone through a fully face- and body-concealing robotic exoskeleton seems an odd choice.

I suppose intimidation could be easier when fully armored up, but for everything else, approaching as a human being seems a lot more productive.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Iron Rose posted:

Must have missed that in the GMSTs, I appreciate the head's up. Made that mod in the first few days after fallout came out, in my defense.

Anyways, I'll update it soon in that case.
No worries, glad I could help. You might need to advance time a month or so with set timescale to see any differences while tweaking the values. I might have had to do that when testing it out; I honestly don't remember right now.

Eustachy
May 7, 2013

LumberingTroll posted:

I dont see how thats an impossible feat of imagination, the loot lists are leveled, and the regions are capped to the retarded rubber banding system, the first time you enter a zone that region is stuck forever to your level range at that time.

Is that true? Or is that just for loot? It can't be true for enemies.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Possibly, but the FO4edit weapon mod editing system doesn't allow you to do anything but put in integer values when you add components.

Booo :(

rope kid posted:

The nominal difference is less important than other elements of the cartridges' design (though F3/4 use relatively generic ammo designations), but a conversion could be useful simply if you have a lot more of one type of ammo.

Yeah honestly speaking converting a 10mm to .45ACP would be a power downgrade, unless you threw .45 Super down the pipe. :getin:

sean10mm posted:

Then again, in real life 10mm is more powerful and less common than .45 auto.

Good thing weapon condition is gone :v:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 29, 2015

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone messing with fo4edit come across the field that governs the chance to laser ashify or plasma gooify enemies?

I'll probably wanna do an energy weapons nerdlinger-themed run at some point, but gently caress doing that if i cant splatter fools all day every day

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Alabaster White posted:

You're a loving miracle worker.

Nah, I just visit the Nexus half a dozen times every day to look for new mods to use.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Revol posted:

Nah, I just visit the Nexus half a dozen times every day to look for new mods to use.

I know you didn't make it; I was just congratulating you on your fantastic searching skills :v:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Eustachy posted:

Is that true? Or is that just for loot? It can't be true for enemies.

Yeah, I've started seeing deathclaws pretty close to sanctuary at level 35

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
It's kinda dumb, but I really wish there was a mod to make the eyepieces on gasmasks semi-transparent so you can see your PC's eyes/face through them. I really like the odd alien-snout gasmask and helmet combo looks, but it's pretty dull to look at during conversations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the problem with that is if your dude has facial hair. I was super disappointed that wearing the red pilot helmet removed my dude's mustache.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Reason posted:

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, of all the things to complain about, the idea that you might be more personable when nicely dressed rather than when talking at someone through a fully face- and body-concealing robotic exoskeleton seems an odd choice.

I suppose intimidation could be easier when fully armored up, but for everything else, approaching as a human being seems a lot more productive.

I mean this is the modding thread, not the 'bethesda make it this way' thread. That there is no granularity to things bothers me, like you say not having any movement positive -or- negative when showing up in a fully face-and-body concealing robotic exoskeleton. However I can wear that fancy sweater and sexy glasses while also covering my face with a bandanna and still get the same effects as not concealing my face :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
really there should just be a mod that allows you to set two sets of armor - one for display and one for stats/defense, so you can be 'wearing' full heavy combat armor with a ballistic weave insert t-shirt and a crumpled fedora but be showing just a plain set of long johns as you run in, screaming at the top of your lungs, with a serrated electrified chinese officer sword, seemingly in your underwear

this basically solves all armor-related problems ever

fwiw yes when GECK comes out i intend to try to make this happen

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I know at least a couple people were asking about this at some point, and someone finally fixed it:

Free Weapon Downgrades
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2073/
Removes the material requirements for modding a weapon down to its basic form (this has the side effect of also removing the XP gain for doing so)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Coolguye posted:

really there should just be a mod that allows you to set two sets of armor - one for display and one for stats/defense, so you can be 'wearing' full heavy combat armor with a ballistic weave insert t-shirt and a crumpled fedora but be showing just a plain set of long johns as you run in, screaming at the top of your lungs, with a serrated electrified chinese officer sword, seemingly in your underwear

this basically solves all armor-related problems ever

fwiw yes when GECK comes out i intend to try to make this happen

This sounds like something that would be way more difficult to implement than you can imagine, if it's even possible. Just give every piece of armor upgrade slots, so you can accomplish basically the same thing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

What makes less sense is that my clown costume of agatha's dress, glasses and a cowboy hat lets me successfully threaten people, which I can't do in a sensible outfit. It makes you better at everything charisma-related, including things that would actually be more effective if you were intimidating rather than attractive.

The bigger problem is it encourages you to switch out all your gear for the clown costume every time you see a conversation coming up, which is silly and kind of a hassle. Oh I'm talking to poorly-written turbo evil mercenary man, better put on the pretty dress in case I get a chance to threaten him. But I don't really see how you could mod this problem out of the game easily.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Babe Magnet posted:

This sounds like something that would be way more difficult to implement than you can imagine, if it's even possible. Just give every piece of armor upgrade slots, so you can accomplish basically the same thing.

It all depends on what the GECK gives you visibility to. Might be hard, might be easy, might not be possible. Figure it out when we get there.

Incidentally it is not at all the same thing due to the layering semantics the game schizophrenically enforces

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bigger Super Sledge mod I made yesterday, if anyone's interested.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
For you nuts that were upset you couldnt clean up the leaves and trash here ya go!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3184/

Ive got a whole lot of new mods I have been testing I will be updating the op tomorrow, something like 24 new mods Ive been playing with.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Random assortment of post-GECK mod ideas/things I badly want:

• Minuteman Vertibirds for settlements, with limited map range á la artillery.
  • Send Vertibirds anywhere on the map instead of only to locations.
  • Better Vertibird controls: hover (holds on target at variable height), patrol (circles target at variable distance).
  • Pathing settlement objects to help settlers understand how to move around. :argh:
  • Settlement management interface with location, renaming, assignment, etc.
  • Stores become level 4 if you have more than five upgraded Emporiums linked together with trade routes instead of stupid rare spawn unique vendors.
  • Settlement invasions with siege equipment (Vertibirds, Annihilator sentries, teleportation, etc.) with attacker chance and count scaled to the settlement's production sum, and attacker quality scaled to defense value.
  • Settlement patrols you can buy and send out, creating a real squad of Minutemen who patrol in an area around your settlement. Then have them do the drat radiant quests, gently caress you Preston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Revol posted:

Excellent! Thanks for finding this.

A version of this mod that puts all radiant quests on bulletin boards like the ones at Diamond City would be nice too, then the option can remain open but easily ignored.

• Locked thread