Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

That's clearly the PS3 text in the top left. I wouldn't be surprised though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

PLEASE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't even understand the complaint, why can't 19-year-olds boot up Just Cause 3 and pass the controller amongst their drunk selves because physics still remain cool and are improving

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't even like open world games where the fun comes from just loving around but that guy is still clearly just being real dumb.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't even understand the complaint, why can't 19-year-olds boot up Just Cause 3 and pass the controller amongst their drunk selves because physics still remain cool and are improving

Man I wish we had that poo poo when I was in college.

Now it's "when can I sneak game time in with a baby" and the answer is "HAHAHAH loving NEVER"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm sure they can, though I doubt they do, hence millions of discrete youtubers. I'm saying that I personally like the ways in which videogame design surpassed the sandbox formula that felt tired in 2003. Sandbox games are the lowest common denominator, to me.

I'm listening.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Demon's Souls on PS4 would be sick

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Austrian mook posted:

Demon's Souls on PS4 would be sick

Valley of Defilement running at 1080p/60fps is something we've only dreamed about.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:flashfap:

I would be so hype to play this again in 1080p, I don't even care if there's a frame bump or higher textures or whatever. The res bump would be enough for me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Flying Milton posted:

yeah it's probably just a special edition ps3 box

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Valley of Defilement running at 1080p/60fps is something we've only dreamed about.

Let's not get nuts now. This is FROM we're talking about, after all. Maybe a solid 30fps, 45fps TOPS.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Aw man, just imagine the Shrine of Storms on the ps4. That would look pretty good.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BonoMan posted:

Now it's "when can I sneak game time in with a baby" and the answer is "HAHAHAH loving NEVER"

Sup soul-brother.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Flying Milton posted:

they haven't made a ps4 version yet so what other text would they use?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Jimbot posted:

Let's not get nuts now. This is FROM we're talking about, after all. Maybe a solid 30fps, 45fps TOPS.

Dark Souls 2 runs at a perfect 60fps on PS4. If they're just doing an up-rezzing of Demon's Souls, I could see them totally going for and getting 60fps. If they are doing a "remake," though, with actual new models/geometry/lighting, then I could see them targeting 30, though hopefully a more stable 30 than Bloodborne.

I'm looking forward for the PS5 so we can get Bloodborne in 60fps, because my brain literally can't envision that. That game's weird-rear end 25-30fps look is like an integral part of its aesthetic in my mind, in the same way I can only imagine Dark Souls 2 in super-smooth 60, since I only played it on PS4.

Speaking of framerates, are there any games besides Infamous that let you actually pick whether you want 30fps capped or variable uncapped? That was a super weird setting to find, almost as weird as finding a variable FPS game in the first place. I feel like almost all console games just cap at 30 now if they can't maintain 60.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It almost feels like a one-two punch if Demon's Souls PS4 happened because then Dark Souls 1 would be the only Souls game not on PS4 so here we go again with another HD remaster!

Having the entire Souls franchise (and good friend Bloodborne) on one machine would be beautiful.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

abraham linksys posted:

Dark Souls 2 runs at a perfect 60fps on PS4. If they're just doing an up-rezzing of Demon's Souls, I could see them totally going for and getting 60fps. If they are doing a "remake," though, with actual new models/geometry/lighting, then I could see them targeting 30, though hopefully a more stable 30 than Bloodborne.

why would they remake a game that looks good and plays well already? From will put out a ps4 remaster cheap or do nothing at all. the company is pivoting to start new projects after ds3

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 29, 2015

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
e: nevermind, misread

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

why would they remake a game that looks good and plays well already? From will put out a ps4 remaster cheap or do nothing at all. the company is pivoting to start new projects after ds3

because a) the ps3 trailed behind the 360 by a loving mile and thus there is a huge number of xbox converts on ps4 that have never played the game, b) nerds like us will buy it again anyway, and c) dark souls 3 will be the last souls game so bringing the old ones up makes more sense

demon's souls is like 6 years old now and could use an upgrade. there is some awful poo poo in that game that aged like milk (lol tendency systems), and there's even an entire area that was unfinished but partially on the disc that they could revisit with a remaster done right. a sotfs style demon's souls remaster would be amazing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

because a) the ps3 trailed behind the 360 by a loving mile and thus there is a huge number of xbox converts on ps4 that have never played the game, b) nerds like us will buy it again anyway, and c) dark souls 3 will be the last souls game so bringing the old ones up makes more sense

remake =/= remaster read again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I read what you said, but you missed my fake edit

there is a lot you could do to bring demon's souls up to snuff. they didn't have to do what they did with dark souls 2 either, a much more recent game, but they did anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

I read what you said, but you missed my fake edit

there is a lot you could do to bring demon's souls up to snuff. they didn't have to do what they did with dark souls 2 either, a much more recent game, but they did anyway

that was a remaster i agree that they will remaster demons and many good tweaks could be made. they will not as the other guy speculated remake the game from the ground up

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

stop bickering about semantics holy poo poo just be happy about demon souls maybe i swear to god

i wanted to get a vita on black friday but i wasn't gonna spend more than a hundred bucks on one

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they moved dark souls 2 to dx11 from dx9, changed every enemy encounter in the entire game, and reworked how the whole multiplayer system worked

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do you want a vita for remote play or for vita games? remote play is coming to pc says sony and you can do it unofficially now already.

Manatee Cannon posted:

they moved dark souls 2 to dx11 from dx9, changed every enemy encounter in the entire game, and reworked how the whole multiplayer system worked

you shouldn't argue semantics here. that guy said so.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

No I have a PSTV I got for like 20 bucks a while ago for remote play. I just want a VITA because I have a giant backlog of free Vita games from PS+ that I'd like to play that don't work on the PSTV. Well, portable Fallout 4 would be cool too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

No I have a PSTV I got for like 20 bucks a while ago for remote play. I just want a VITA because I have a giant backlog of free Vita games from PS+ that I'd like to play that don't work on the PSTV. Well, portable Fallout 4 would be cool too.

maybe next year it will be sub 100

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Anyone making lets plays with exaggerated accents needs to be jailed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This would be one of my top games I'd like to see remastered. I hope they fix that broken arch stone while they are at it, if it ends up being real.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not sure if Demon Souls could be 60fps. Has nothing to do with the performance, but uh isn't the animation tied to the frames?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha, if you're saying gently caress that noise now, just wait until you see the true ending. It's some real garbage.

Finished the Good Ending and saw the True Ending on YouTube. You were not kidding. It's definitely not worth it.

Oh well, 15 dollars still well spent.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
playing demon souls for the first time after dark souls 1, 2 and bloodborne was a painful experience due to the 6 year old graphics and frame rate - i would welcome a remaster because i love giving money to fromsoft but only if its 60fps please please please

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

none of those games is 60 fps on console except maybe sotfs on ps4/xbone

Shindragon posted:

Not sure if Demon Souls could be 60fps. Has nothing to do with the performance, but uh isn't the animation tied to the frames?

it was in dark souls 2 (at least on pc) and that never stopped them. it was worse in dark souls 1 because I think it made some jumps impossible, but in dks2 it mostly just made your weapons degrade twice as fast

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I see 3 on my local craigslist right now for <$60

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Feenix posted:

Sup soul-brother.

I have a friend who is having a baby in February and he said "Man I haven't played any video games in forever.... I figure I'll probably get one when the baby is born though so I can play it while the wife and I take shifts."

I didn't even have the heart to tell him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

BonoMan posted:

I have a friend who is having a baby in February and he said "Man I haven't played any video games in forever.... I figure I'll probably get one when the baby is born though so I can play it while the wife and I take shifts."

oh god

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BonoMan posted:

ahahahaha

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

BonoMan posted:

Yea I have an 11 month old and playing games is no big deal. He goes to bed at 8 so I have the pm, and he takes three naps a day ranging from 1-2.5 hours. Also he loves watching my destiny dude dance and giggles hysterically.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

HEY I HAVE KIDS TOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just put that baby in the car seat and put the car seat on your coffee table facing you and play ultra violence bloodborne until that baby shits itself or needs to eat.

• Locked thread