Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The only thing I am still waiting to see is Ash breaking out college books from the trunk and then a montage where he's built a missile or something. I am certain it's happening this season. Also Pablo is doing some quiet, great work in the fringes and that dude is gonna Ash all over poo poo and it will be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

rejutka posted:

The only thing I am still waiting to see is Ash breaking out college books from the trunk and then a montage where he's built a missile or something. I am certain it's happening this season. Also Pablo is doing some quiet, great work in the fringes and that dude is gonna Ash all over poo poo and it will be glorious.

He's El Jefe all along!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Alehkhs posted:

Okay, I'm not waiting until Monday for this one:

[Awesome gif]

Any other requests?

Please can we have one of the shotgun bong? :pray:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Ash saying "gently caress" so many times is cracking me up.

Elegos wants to get ripped :350:

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 29, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lucy Lawless still so very pretty.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Shoot first, think never!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Gonz posted:

Excellent reference with the clouds:

Yeah and such a odd one too.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Rappaport posted:

I've got a couple for you, but first I guess I should ask this question at some point:

Is there a courtesy period for .gif images after an episode airs? At what point is it alright to start posting up scenes from a given episode? I've been trying to wait until the Monday after the airing at the earliest (ayahuasca flashback aside), but if y'all want them earlier/later, speak up.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I never thought I would say it, but I think this show is better than getting Evil Dead 4. I'm really starting to like the whole "team" and there is a great potential story arc of Pablo eventually becoming a badass Jefe like Ash.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Alehkhs posted:

I've got a couple for you, but first I guess I should ask this question at some point:

Is there a courtesy period for .gif images after an episode airs? At what point is it alright to start posting up scenes from a given episode? I've been trying to wait until the Monday after the airing at the earliest (ayahuasca flashback aside), but if y'all want them earlier/later, speak up.

Since this is a show that only airs on Starz with no digital copies available for download I'd say after the episode is fair game.

(maybe with a day for the DVR?)

Love this show so far. and the monsters are really top notch looking (except for the creepy doll which I think is probably on purpose)

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
This show is the worst in the best possible way.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I love that PJ Harvey was playing in the scene with Lucy Lawless and the lady cop.

Dana DeLorenzo put in a nice performance this ep.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I loving love this show

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Lord posted:

That was the greatest acid trip ever. Right down to Whitesnake.

That's really the most Ash song possible in every way, isn't it.

This was a good episode, stronger the last one too. Though I have to say that the short running time starts to feel a bit constrictive. I mean, that's preferable to them running out of ideas midway through the season, but here there was a bit of backstory for Lucy Lawless and Ash on acid, and that's pretty much it. Like Chinese food, it's great, but half an hour later you feel like nothing happened.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Alehkhs posted:

Is there a courtesy period for .gif images after an episode airs? At what point is it alright to start posting up scenes from a given episode?
Who gives a poo poo, if people are that worried about spoilers they probably shouldn't read the thread where people are gonna be discussing the episode until they've seen it.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Fair enough. Just figured I'd ask.

Rappaport posted:

Here, take a hit or two:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 29, 2015

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

That's really the most Ash song possible in every way, isn't it.

This was a good episode, stronger the last one too. Though I have to say that the short running time starts to feel a bit constrictive. I mean, that's preferable to them running out of ideas midway through the season, but here there was a bit of backstory for Lucy Lawless and Ash on acid, and that's pretty much it. Like Chinese food, it's great, but half an hour later you feel like nothing happened.

I have to wonder if that is because there is not a lot happening in the shows, and rather than the format being too constrictive, it's allowing too much freedom to add things that would otherwise be on the cutting room floor. To me, the latest episode felt exactly like you stated - really light on substance. I though the exorcism went on waaay too long.

I'm not sure how this works, but I was able to pull the episode last night 90 minutes prior to air using On Demand (Comcast.) I don't know if you can pull it earlier in the day, but I thought I'd mention it in case someone wants their fix early.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The 30 minute time spanse to me makes it a better show. Nothing really slows it down because there's going to be some sort of action within 10 to 15 minutes and it makes it seem everything is really fast paced.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
The only reason I can see this is because Comcast is giving a free Star preview through the weekend. Jesus, it's amazing ... and I can't see any more after this one until it's released fully. >_<

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I am really looking forward to when Ash and his hand get reunited.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Command Ant posted:

In typical Evil Dead fashion will probably have lots of slapstick humor such as ash getting slapped silly again by his own demonic hand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

These last two episodes felt like spinning the tires. Just nothing much at all entertaining until Ash got his robo hand at the very end.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I loved the previous episode but this one definitely felt like it needed to be an hour long.

90% of the episode was failed exorcism attempts with cuts to Ash looking concerned/angry while doing nothing.

Still loving the show but this episode was the weak point thus far, for sure.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

I loved the previous episode but this one definitely felt like it needed to be an hour long.

90% of the episode was failed exorcism attempts with cuts to Ash looking concerned/angry while doing nothing.

Still loving the show but this episode was the weak point thus far, for sure.

Well it's tough to follow a wild acid trip through the 80s that ends in Jacksonville and has a talking bearded lizard

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

buddhanc posted:

I loving love this show

It's been a delight so far, here's hoping they keep this on for years. At least we've got that second season already lined up!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Command Ant posted:

If I recall they didn't really get along too well, it was a messy separation.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tooterfish posted:

If I recall they didn't really get along too well, it was a messy separation.

They had some laughs after that though.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Alehkhs posted:

Fair enough. Just figured I'd ask.

Here, take a hit or two:

Thank you so much!!!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I still can't get over the fact that Ash's new hand is more-or-less a Nintendo power glove with some hydraulics attached to it. It's so bad.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Really the only thing that's shocking about it is that Ash didn't do that himself years ago.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ChickenHeart posted:

I still can't get over the fact that Ash's new hand is more-or-less a Nintendo power glove with some hydraulics attached to it. It's so bad.

That and it kinda looks like the gauntlet hand.

If you squint a bit.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Burkion posted:

Really the only thing that's shocking about it is that Ash didn't do that himself years ago.

Chicks in dive bars ain't impressed by nerdy, lego-technic poo poo, they're impressed by wooden Italian-artisan-carved rosewood prosthetic hands, along with a suitable, totally not made up, story about heroic sacrifices.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The best part about the new hand is that he attached it the same way as the gauntlet from AoD, and the scene was shot the exact same way, with the same cuts :)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I noticed that too, although it was missing a bit of the Raimi energy.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Okay, so, when I first heard that this show was happening I assumed it would be rear end and that Raimi and Campbell had finally just decided to cash in on some sweet nostalgia dollars. I watched all five episodes last night though and I have to say that I am soooooo glad I was wrong. It's just super fun and really feels like they haven't missed a step all these years later.

I'm also really glad they went with a half-hour format, it just makes it feel faster and leaves you eager for the next episode.

I think my only "complaint" is that the supporting cast gets overshadowed by Bruce a lot. Like, when Pablo and Kelly are on their own or it's just the two of them, they're great and I like them. But the moment they're on screen with Ash it's just, like, get the gently caress out of the way and let me watch Bruce, you kids. :argh:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

robot roll call posted:

I never thought I would say it, but I think this show is better than getting Evil Dead 4. I'm really starting to like the whole "team" and there is a great potential story arc of Pablo eventually becoming a badass Jefe like Ash.

The way I look at it, that'd been about 3 episodes of the show and then likely nothing ever again, or years between. There, we've only only for a few more episodes left this season, but another season coming around too!

And I agree, the 30 minute run time is working to it's advantage. The last two episodes felt like an hour long setup episode, but they split it into two halves well, so I don't think it's going to tie their hands badly and as mentioned, we always get some good energy at that pace.

... meanwhile on the midseason finale of Walking Dead zombies can be pouring in through the door but they then have to cut to a quiet room just upstairs and have a 15 minute talking scene that goes nowhere and features a lot of slooooooow mooootiioon. Just because you have an hour doesn't mean you should have an hour. So props to this show for making that decision.

WarLocke posted:

Take a cue from Agents of SHIELD, get a shotgun-axe

For what it's worth, I could see Mac and Ash being shotgun buddies. He knows all about cutting hands off at the wrist, when they go bad.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 1, 2015

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Ash wouldn't hide under a dumpster.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Clamknuckle posted:

Ash wouldn't hide under a dumpster.

That's true. He'd hide inside the dumpster, step in something gross and end up in an extended fight with an angry racoon over a reasonably fresh pieve of pizza. he would receive a number of painful bites and scratches in the process.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ChickenHeart posted:

Just keep your power gloves with some hydraulics attached to it off her, okay pal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

It think what you mean is "groovy":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtyU2PJCk7Y
Take that Jaime Lannister.

• Locked thread