Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

If HERE Maps and Drive aren't installed by default, what is? I love my Icon, but the more I read in this thread the more I think I may have to return to iOS or Android. :(

A new microsoft maps app which combines the function of drive and maps. Its a different UI but uses the same maps data including the ability to download offline maps. Overall i like it slightly more than Here although it still doesn't say which side of the street your destination is.

Also, is anyone with a new 950 or XL having problems with groove music? Since yesterday morning i can't play or stream anything but it works fine on my laptop and old 930. I've been through a saga with microsoft support who are all useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

I got my HERE apps from the store. Maybe you need an update?

scavok
Feb 22, 2005

Edward IV posted:

I have the 950 XL and Nokia Qi accessories and was disappointed to find this out as well. I took apart the car dock (couldn't find a non-destructive way to disassemble the upright stand) and found that there was no way to re-position the coil (which pretty beefy copper coils) to sit high enough to engage the 950 XL's coils. It also doesn't help that the bottom lip of the car dock can't be easily cut and moved because that's where the NFC coils are though it still could be an option. The best option is to maybe move the receiver coil in the phone since it's taped onto the inside of the back cover and somewhat easy to remove. I'm apprehensive to take it apart right now since I don't want to risk damaging it and reducing my charging options since I haven't stocked up on a lot of USB-C cables yet. I'll wait until replacement covers become available or maybe I should look into getting a Mozo cover.

I'm also really disappointed that Here Maps, Drive, and Transit can't be installed from the Store. I tried to sideload them though Interop unlocking as described here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/interop-how-to-install-drive-maps-t3206739

While it seems I was able to unlock it, (at the very least I was able to deploy the tools needed for it) deploying the Here apps fails. I do hope Microsoft and HERE gets their act together because I really like Here Drive and the built-in Map app is really deficient as a driving map app. Otherwise if sideloading fails to work, I may need to look into other options.

Maps is just a different wrapper, but it uses HERE for the navigation and transit information. I really like it the integration where I previously had to use Maps, Drive, and Transit on my 920. I've had zero problems, although I prefer the interface for HERE Transit since it let you look further ahead for a leave time (eg Sometimes I don't need to be somewhere as soon as possible, and leaving in 2 hours for a 20 minute commute is better than leaving in the next 20 minutes for a 1 hour commute). For that reason, I wish I could download HERE Transit, but it works well enough.

scavok fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 28, 2015

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
This is what it looks like when I try and install Here Drive+ on my 950.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

n0tqu1tesane posted:

This is what it looks like when I try and install Here Drive+ on my 950.

If you go to about : in the Win10 Mobile maps, it says Copyright HERE maps.

I'm guessing Microsoft is rolling it into their own voice nav and its not coming back.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Just after a month and my Band 2 can't hold a charge anymore :bravo:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Chasiubao posted:

That doesn't fill me with confidence, I planned to buy one - still under warranty?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Chasiubao posted:

MS is pretty good with Hardware quality so I'm gonna say it's a fluke and I'm sure you'll get it easily replaced.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Looks like my 1520 + band1 is better than the 950xl + band2. :smug:

Get your poo poo together Microsoft. :smith:

Ev
Aug 3, 2006
I'm trying to post this for the second time because my phone (950 that I exchanged my XL for) locked up trying to post, specifically when I was trying to type and fix a typo.

Anyway, this is probably another really stupid thing on my part and it should be, and probably is really obvious, but how can I remove someone from the speed dial in the phone app? I knew how to do it on 8.1 but all I can seem to accomplish now is just moving them up/down the order, no option to delete ever comes up.

It must be there, so I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but if anyone could tell me what it is that I'm missing, that would be awesome.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

CalvinandHobbes posted:

A new microsoft maps app which combines the function of drive and maps. Its a different UI but uses the same maps data including the ability to download offline maps. Overall i like it slightly more than Here although it still doesn't say which side of the street your destination is.

Does it offer a choice of alternate routes yet? It really pisses me off that Here Drive doesn't. Most of the time I'd rather take the A1 than the M1, but Here identifies the M1 and refuses to consider anything else.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Is there any reason to suspect the Lumia 730 won't get WP10? I know that Verizon is all but abandoning the platform, but presumably existing phones will be upgraded, correct?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

BonoMan posted:

MS is pretty good with Hardware quality so I'm gonna say it's a fluke and I'm sure you'll get it easily replaced.

I'm heading to a store right now. I'm wearing a v1 Band and the difference is pronounced in terms of screen, fit, and comfort. I much prefer the v2.

Only worry is that they're still hard to find so I might be stuck on the old model for awhile :smith:

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Pipski posted:

Does it offer a choice of alternate routes yet? It really pisses me off that Here Drive doesn't. Most of the time I'd rather take the A1 than the M1, but Here identifies the M1 and refuses to consider anything else.

It sure does. Also, I have all of the HERE apps, but they don't work anymore. Thanks for the loving choices, Microsoft!

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Band exchanged. No hassle at all. Except for the POS Surfaces (Surfii?) being garbage.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Verizon users: do you have visual voicemail baked into the OS like AT&T, or do you have to access it through that lovely Verizon voicemail app?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
For people asking about HERE Maps, it's a store bug:

http://www.windowscentral.com/all-here-apps-are-currently-not-available-windows-store-due-technical-issue

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Welp, took advantage of the T-Mobile iPhone sale and joined the dark side. My Nokia days are done.

Mr Funkface
Dec 21, 2009

CalvinandHobbes posted:

That makes alot of sense. I had VVM on an unlocked 930 on ATT. 950xl gets nothing. This is unfortunate. I'm sure microsofy will put it on their docket to fix and get it working eventually as the 950xl is a bit more high profile for them than a blu win phone.

The absence of volte (HD calling) is bigger though. I've never had a phone that can do this and honestly text a lot ore than i call but from what i hear, the difference is really noticable.

I've had VVM for all my Windows Phones, the only one without is my 650 which is dual SIM (on TMob US). Granted it was imported from somehwere Far East but there has been no attempt on MS's part to fix this little clusterfuck. When it worked it was baked in, no separate TMob app.

EDIT: earlier phones were import 920, import 1520, TMob US 430(?), import dual SIM 640.

Mr Funkface fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 30, 2015

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Bought the 950XL

A few thoughts:

• The volume/power button placement is very stupid
  • The screen is awesome
  • The back speaker is meh
  • The camera is awesome
  • My apps work in Continuum :v:
  • Put my sim in it so I could activate Lumia Offers so I could get my free Display Dock. The fact it needs a sim in it for it to work is dumb IMO. Also it still failed to register the deal. So I need to contact Microsoft.

Should you buy it? If you have a 1520, probably not. The screen is nicer, but not that much better. The camera is better, but not that much better. The speakers are arguably slightly worse. And Continuum seems nice (although I've only tried it with Miracast) but it's not useful enough to see me using it on a regular basis. If you were thinking of switching to Windows 10 based on this phone, first, HA HA HA. Second, don't. Not for this.

Mr Funkface
Dec 21, 2009
Hmm, I might just throw $200 down on a screen replacement for my 1520 - is it really that comparable with the 950? How disappointing.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Mr Funkface posted:

Hmm, I might just throw $200 down on a screen replacement for my 1520 - is it really that comparable with the 950? How disappointing.

You can get a new one for $200.

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

Drastic Actions posted:

Bought the 950XL

A few thoughts:

• The volume/power button placement is very stupid
  • The screen is awesome
  • The back speaker is meh
  • The camera is awesome
  • My apps work in Continuum :v:
  • Put my sim in it so I could activate Lumia Offers so I could get my free Display Dock. The fact it needs a sim in it for it to work is dumb IMO. Also it still failed to register the deal. So I need to contact Microsoft.

Should you buy it? If you have a 1520, probably not. The screen is nicer, but not that much better. The camera is better, but not that much better. The speakers are arguably slightly worse. And Continuum seems nice (although I've only tried it with Miracast) but it's not useful enough to see me using it on a regular basis. If you were thinking of switching to Windows 10 based on this phone, first, HA HA HA. Second, don't. Not for this.

Thanks Drastic. What would you say if you had a 640 instead of a 1520 (assuming you didn't have plans to quit WP anytime soon) :)

I can't see myself really using continuum so I was thinking maybe the 950 instead, but still not sure what kind of upgrade that represents. I would like a nicer camera, but performance on the 640 has been sufficient for what I do.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

benitocereno posted:

Thanks Drastic. What would you say if you had a 640 instead of a 1520 (assuming you didn't have plans to quit WP anytime soon) :)

I can't see myself really using continuum so I was thinking maybe the 950 instead, but still not sure what kind of upgrade that represents. I would like a nicer camera, but performance on the 640 has been sufficient for what I do.

I've long quit using Windows Phone full time. I've been an iPhone user for the past few years. Sometimes I would switch back to WP for a few weeks, maybe months, but that's it. And as I've wrote before: A good number of Windows Phone app developers that I know don't use as their daily drivers either. You can thank UWP for at least having Windows Mobile 10 apps at all, because at least then you can stick with developing for the desktop, and then just check on the phone. But I digress...

The picture I posted is the 950XL (left) and the 640 (right). I have those, a 1020, a 1520, a 521, and a 920 (that I gave to my Mom). As I wrote a few pages ago, I think the 640 is an awesome phone for the price. The key is "for the price", but still, it's pretty drat good. Great screen, good speaker, alright feel (for the price). The biggest issue for me would be the lack of internal storage, which is offset by the SD card, and the camera. It's an "okay" camera, but again for the price there is not much else that does as well. I mean, if you are happy with the 640, then I would still say you should stick with it. The performance is fine, and most parts of the phone are good enough. The high cost of the 950 does not make it worth it. At least to me.

If it was not for the fact that I do development work for VLC (who are helping me, to some extent, buy this stuff or help out where they can), or that I just love developing Windows Phone apps (which I do! No joke.) then I would not have bought the 950xl. It does have nice qualities, but for that high a price... Eh, :shrug:

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

Drastic Actions posted:

I've long quit using Windows Phone full time. I've been an iPhone user for the past few years. Sometimes I would switch back to WP for a few weeks, maybe months, but that's it. And as I've wrote before: A good number of Windows Phone app developers that I know don't use as their daily drivers either. You can thank UWP for at least having Windows Mobile 10 apps at all, because at least then you can stick with developing for the desktop, and then just check on the phone. But I digress...

The picture I posted is the 950XL (left) and the 640 (right). I have those, a 1020, a 1520, a 521, and a 920 (that I gave to my Mom). As I wrote a few pages ago, I think the 640 is an awesome phone for the price. The key is "for the price", but still, it's pretty drat good. Great screen, good speaker, alright feel (for the price). The biggest issue for me would be the lack of internal storage, which is offset by the SD card, and the camera. It's an "okay" camera, but again for the price there is not much else that does as well. I mean, if you are happy with the 640, then I would still say you should stick with it. The performance is fine, and most parts of the phone are good enough. The high cost of the 950 does not make it worth it. At least to me.

If it was not for the fact that I do development work for VLC (who are helping me, to some extent, buy this stuff or help out where they can), or that I just love developing Windows Phone apps (which I do! No joke.) then I would not have bought the 950xl. It does have nice qualities, but for that high a price... Eh, :shrug:

Awesome - thanks! That's been my gut feeling. Guess I'll use this until it dies and hope the next generation is more mature/Windows 10 makes some headway in the app space.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Has an actual windows 10 mobile release date been set for existing hardware? I'm kinda tempted to switch over to my 640 as primary phone for a bit once 10 actually gets out the door, I never had a great experience with the betas.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I have been using the Windows 10 mobile preview since this build came out. It worked pretty decently until two days ago. Apps crash on launch, including the camera, the volume gets stuck on Bluetooth long after I've disconnected from my car so I can't change my ringer, and there have been other weird things happening. I restarted my phone, but some problems persist. Is this kind of thing happening to anyone else or should I do a factory reset?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

benitocereno posted:

Awesome - thanks! That's been my gut feeling. Guess I'll use this until it dies and hope the next generation is more mature/Windows 10 makes some headway in the app space.

I've got some bad news for you :cheeky:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

RVProfootballer posted:

I've got some bad news for you :cheeky:

Windows Phone: "hope the next generation is more mature" - said for the past five years

or

Windows Phone: "hope the next generation is more mature" - the new "year of desktop linux"

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope
Windows Phone: I'm still sad about zune

All of us Windows Phone owners know the truth - but the "year of desktop Linux" is a bit far-fetched, even for me ;) This is probably closer to the "year of the steam box." You know all of the reasons it should work, but it won't.

Just for my own curiosity - for those of you still using WP, why?

My reasons are simple enough: I like the UI, find it more reliable than Android, and I don't care for iOS. I've used Android and iOS in the past - Android is a fragmented mess I can't see myself going back to.

I basically use Awful (thanks to Drastic), some other forum clients, calendar, OneNote, mail, Edge, and the camera, so it tends to work pretty well for my needs. If WP ever ceased to exist I'd probably go to iOS, but I do hope it chugs along because Universal apps are a really cool idea.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

benitocereno posted:

All of us Windows Phone owners know the truth - but the "year of desktop Linux" is a bit far-fetched, even for me ;) This is probably closer to the "year of the steam box." You know all of the reasons it should work, but it won't.

My reasons are simple enough: I like the UI, find it more reliable than Android, and I don't care for iOS. I've used Android and iOS in the past - Android is a fragmented mess I can't see myself going back to.

I basically use Awful (thanks to Drastic), some other forum clients, calendar, OneNote, mail, Edge, and the camera, so it tends to work pretty well for my needs. If WP ever ceased to exist I'd probably go to iOS, but I do hope it chugs along because Universal apps are a really cool idea.

Windows Phone: At least it's not spiraling to its doom like BB10 and webOS

I feel the same way about Windows Phone, iOS, and Android; like the WP UI, don't care for iOS, and Android is a mess. As a contingency plan in case WP was going to flop, I had bought a 2nd-gen Nexus 7 and a Sony Xperia Z3 but I never warmed up to them. Even after damaging my Lumia 920 during my trip to Taiwan, (SIM card tray got jammed) I opted to fix the 920 rather than continuing to use the Z3 that I had brought for such an emergency. I guess that would leave iOS if I were to ever jump ship but I would probably keep using WP since my job isn't reliant on using a smartphone and I don't really care for whatever "hip" apps everyone else is raving about.

I'm also hoping (but not hoping too hard) that with universal apps and streamlining the porting of iOS apps that Windows Phone can be propped up and keep going on with Windows for desktop because that's not going anywhere despite what Apple says. At least Windows Phone seems to be in a better state than BB10 and webOS though that's still not saying much.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
For the most part Wp is great. I like that it works without a bunch of twerking. The lack of apps is starting to bug me. It's not the games as much as other things. The web browser experience was great, but has gotten buggy with the last update. My wife hates Apple products so we wont be using those. As for Droid, we bought a cheapo tablet 5 years ago and it soured the Droid experience.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
I have an iPhone 4s that I keep around strictly for the TD Ameritrade app. That's all it's there for. I've messed around on my Dad's Android but I find it much less intuitive to use and had to google (ironic) more stuff in setting that phone up and messing around with it for an hour than I have with 2 years with WPhone. I like the built-in apps, settings, simplicity and they didn't put a U2 album on my phone. I use Spotify Premium for my music needs which I find easy as hell to use on my phone. I always hated iTunes with a passion and Apples ecosystem in general. I have never liked working on Macs. At first I was kind of excited about Google but for some reason once their ecosystem was fleshed out it just never clicked for me.

I really just want Microsoft to start over with the their numbering system and have clear low budget, mid-tier and flagship phones with regular release dates. I don't care if they just go with "Lumia One, Lumia One Pro, Lumia One Pro XL etc."

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I recently picked up a 532 as a 'my first smartphone' for my grandma, since her ancient dumbphone is dying. $29 dollars, which is about 2/3 off the normal price here. Hope she likes it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

benitocereno posted:

I don't like the current Duopoly where you can either choose a device based on Android which either never gets updates or gets one giant update that cripples your device. An additional reason is that it's basically Googles troyan horse for spying on you and I for one dislike the idea that someone is constantly analyzing my whereabouts and behaviour to better sell me things. Or alternatively you can pay Apple tax and I dislike paying for brands on principle. In addition I do really like the UI. It's very clear, fast and alive.

Truth be told, I'm not sure if my next phone will be another WP. I still like the platform and I don't mind the apps because I honestly barely use any apps, my phone is for whatsapp, skype, internet and calling people. It might be another WP, but it does depend on how things progress. Fortunately I have all the time in the world to decide as my current isn't that old yet. If I do switch though, I think I would have to pay apple tax. Well, at least the phone actually are good build quality.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

benitocereno posted:

I switched to the Lumia 640 back when it came out in April, mainly because the S3 Mini I was using before it was slowly becoming a terrible piece of poo poo: No OS updates since I got it, second dying battery in two years(got it replaced under warranty both times after some complaining at Samsung support), poo poo battery life even with a new battery, reliability issues ever since I got it with the touchscreen and more, and in that same price range there was and is basically nothing nearly as good that runs Android. I didn't really need all that many apps, and pretty much everything I wanted was covered(navigation, ebooks, Whatsapp, Skype, webbrowsing, decent camera). I don't game on my phone so I don't need a fast CPU or anything like that either.

It took me a few days to get used to all the differences, but I really don't wanna go back. Before the S3 Mini I had a regular S(last update for that reliably hard-froze the phone when performing certain tasks, and it got sluggish), before that an iPhone 3G, and even before that an HTC Wizard running WinMobile 5. I might stick to WP for the foreseeable future, mainly because overall it feels just so more reliable and easy to use. Could also just be Touchwiz and Samsung build quality ruining Android for me though.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
I switched to iPhone last month and it's been a really unpleasant experience, to be honest. That's obviously down to me being on WP since 7.1 and not being used to iOS at all, but still.
Here's a partial list of gripes:
  • The alphabetical "swipe" list is loving trash compared to jump lists.
  • Having some app settings in "Settings" and some app settings in-app confuses me.
  • The keyboard is less accurate.
  • "Today" view is like live tiles, but only bad and ugly and less customizable.
  • Swiping away notifications only to have an "x" appear is incredibly unsatisfying.
  • The music controls are tiny.
  • The "Control Center" gesture rarely works well in-app, which is where you're most likely to want to lock rotation.
  • "Rotation Lock" only locks to portrait for no discernible reason.
  • I have to make a "Junk" folder to put poo poo like "Watch" in it.
  • Okay, now... This is a ramble. When you go into Clock>Alarm and you tap on an entry, it won't edit that entry. You have to tap "Edit" at the top first. Tapping on the entry itself doesn't do anything until you tap edit. Small thing, but what I'm saying is this: It's completely natural to expect tapping a big-rear end piece of text to go into detail about that thing. Except obviously some guys at Cupertino thought "no no, that's not... how we want you to do it." It feels like i'm fighting for dominance with my own phone a lot. Like my phone keeps negging me.
I'll give it another month before going back to a cheap WP, as utterly insane as that sounds.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Ah, man, unimpressive internals, but otherwise it sure would have been more interesting if this had been Microsofts Lumia take instead:

Japanese company, up on the Verge now.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Ah, man, unimpressive internals, but otherwise it sure would have been more interesting if this had been Microsofts Lumia take instead:

Japanese company, up on the Verge now.

That is one super hot looking phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

AtomD posted:

I switched to iPhone last month and it's been a really unpleasant experience, to be honest. That's obviously down to me being on WP since 7.1 and not being used to iOS at all, but still.
Here's a partial list of gripes:
  • The alphabetical "swipe" list is loving trash compared to jump lists.
  • Having some app settings in "Settings" and some app settings in-app confuses me.
  • The keyboard is less accurate.
  • "Today" view is like live tiles, but only bad and ugly and less customizable.
  • Swiping away notifications only to have an "x" appear is incredibly unsatisfying.
  • The music controls are tiny.
  • The "Control Center" gesture rarely works well in-app, which is where you're most likely to want to lock rotation.
  • "Rotation Lock" only locks to portrait for no discernible reason.
  • I have to make a "Junk" folder to put poo poo like "Watch" in it.
  • Okay, now... This is a ramble. When you go into Clock>Alarm and you tap on an entry, it won't edit that entry. You have to tap "Edit" at the top first. Tapping on the entry itself doesn't do anything until you tap edit. Small thing, but what I'm saying is this: It's completely natural to expect tapping a big-rear end piece of text to go into detail about that thing. Except obviously some guys at Cupertino thought "no no, that's not... how we want you to do it." It feels like i'm fighting for dominance with my own phone a lot. Like my phone keeps negging me.
I'll give it another month before going back to a cheap WP, as utterly insane as that sounds.

This sums up just a few issues i have with iOS, they tried to put the apple spin on android things (like the pull down menus) and its just cluttered the screen with crap. Android is just a mess as Samsung and co. seams set in not updating older phone with the new OS and security features. Dont get me wrong ive liked the my galaxy note 2, it was a fantastic phone, i've liked my iphone 3gs but thats when i was obsessed with playing game and buying all the lovely 1.20 apps i could fit on my phone but as they got on they got slower and more cluttered.

Ive gone from iPhone 3gs to an omnia 7 to a galaxy note 2 and in terms of easy of use and clean, easy to understand UI WP just blows android and iOS outta the water.

My note 2 died recently and i got my omnia 7 back up and running and it still runs smoother than my note.

Hopefully the app developers embrace project Islandwood and start putting their apps on the WP as having access to the social-media circlejerk could sway some sales.

I dont think the 950/XL are an answer to the competition as their prices are incredibly unreasonable and they have some gimmicks to bait idiots like me in, (Continuum and windows hello look like test features). Hell the 950/XL could be the 'half baked potato' part of the Microsoft software cycle where they bring out some half baked OS that is widely criticized for being poo poo (vista, windows 8/8.1) and a few years later release a OS that's sorted all the issues (windows 7, windows 10).

i am a colossal moron who is still going to get a 950 XL but but 550 might be a great option, it just needs the apps.