Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Who cares about the dumb reporter thing, what I want to know is, how is Trump going to keep women safe when they're getting healthcare, protection from domestic abuse, etc.

So far he has been eerily silent! Almost cowardly, one might say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In fact the FBI warned about the possibility of this kind of thing months ago - isn't this right in Trump's ballpark? A potentially thwartable terrorist attack on US soil? I mean I can understand the other establishment republicans being afraid to talk about it because of their compromised interests, but I thought Trump was above that? I thought he told it like it was?

Maybe he's just a coward after all.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

"He's passionate!" -Trump on the planned parenthood shooter

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

A cop's dead cause of a terrorism in America and our hero, the unstumpable Trump can't even be bothered to talk about it

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I have no idea what you are saying in your two posts. Why isn't Trump talking about protecting women from terrorist attacks while they are being domestically abused? Is that your question?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

I have no idea what you are saying in your two posts. Why isn't Trump talking about protecting women from terrorist attacks while they are being domestically abused? Is that your question?

How will he keep women safe while acquiring those services (healthcare, etc) when there is clearly a risk of a terrorist attack at the service providers (see: The FBI warnings, the recent Colorado Springs attack)? This is the kind of thing he usually mentions, see: the Paris shootings.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Mia Wasikowska has issued a correction as of 06:54 on Nov 29, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Donald Trump protects women from terrorist attacks every day.

When's the last time you seen a terrorist attack in the beds of a Trump hotel?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zas posted:

How will he keep women safe while acquiring those services when there is clearly a risk of a terrorist attack at the service providers (see: The FBI warnings, the terrorist attack that jsut happened)? This is the kind of thing he usually mentions, see: the Paris shootings.

I guess you'd have to look at his stance on guns on his website.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Donald Trump protects women from terrorist attacks every day.

When's the last time you seen a terrorist attack in the beds of a Trump hotel?

I want to hear what he'd do as president of the united states.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I guess you'd have to look at his stance on guns on his website.

Checked it out, seems entirely irrelevant?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zas posted:

Checked it out, seems entirely irrelevant?

I'm guessing that this is about the Planned Parenthood shooting? If you are looking for a specific stance on Planned Parenthood shootings then I don't think you'll find that from any candidate on any side. A stance on guns and gun control is the closest you're going to get.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Zas posted:

I want to hear what he'd do as president of the united states.

He'd protect American and Slavic women from terrorist attacks in the Lincoln Bedroom every night of his administration.

Sometimes even with his wife.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I'm guessing that this is about the Planned Parenthood shooting? If you are looking for a specific stance on Planned Parenthood shootings then I don't think you'll find that from any candidate on any side. A stance on guns and gun control is the closest you're going to get.

Hmm you seem to think I'm talking about a policy stance? That's not really what I said - what I'm looking for is some kind of comment. Trump loves to comment on things, maybe you've noticed. Unless you think there's nothing for a frontrunner politician to say on the matter?

As a side note, I love that mental health has become a subclause of gun control when it comes to policy.

Mia Wasikowska has issued a correction as of 07:30 on Nov 29, 2015

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

He'd protect American and Slavic women from terrorist attacks in the Lincoln Bedroom every night of his administration.

Sometimes even with his wife.

While this is extremely likely, I'd certainly appreciate seeing it in tweet form. Sadly I suppose that's less likely

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Zas posted:

Hmm you seem to think I'm talking about a policy stance? That's not really what I said - what I'm looking for is some kind of comment. Trump loves to comment on things, maybe you've noticed. Unless you think there's nothing for a frontrunner politician to say on the matter?

As a side note, I love that mental health has become a subclause of control when it comes to policy.

Ok. I get it now. I don't think he's going to say anything because it won't do any good. He's commenting on the attacks in Paris because it proves his point. Commenting on a domestic gun attack by an American in America is likely already covered under his existing ideology on guns, would not be a new argument in any way, and would just be an annoyance as people claim that he hates women because some rear end in a top hat happened to shoot women with a gun.

Basically, what happened is not a new event. It's a thing that happens all of the time, and the fact that it happened at a Planned Parenthood doesn't make it any different than any other time someone shoots a group of people. The debate on this event has already been taking place before it even happened.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

It's a thing that happens all of the time, and the fact that it happened at a Planned Parenthood doesn't make it any different than any other time someone shoots a group of people.

Gotcha. Alright, back to talking about the weird looking reporter I guess

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

But wait wait wait. What if it turns out this isn't like your average shooting? What is this one turns out to be a terrorism?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zas posted:

But wait wait wait. What if it turns out this isn't like your average shooting? What is this one turns out to be a terrorism?

who cares what the donald thinks about a shot up planned parenthood give it a rest man

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Zas posted:

While this is extremely likely, I'd certainly appreciate seeing it in tweet form. Sadly I suppose that's less likely

I bet Trump would tweet about it.

"@Drake #FuckYeah @VladimirPutin @IslamKarimov Yekaterina & Googoosha welcome to visit again."

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

who cares what the donald thinks about a shot up planned parenthood give it a rest man

who cares what a guy running for president thinks about homegrown terrorism

seriously tho, trumps audience care. A lot. That's why he hasn't said anything yet.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

katlington posted:

who cares what a guy running for president thinks about homegrown terrorism

seriously tho, trumps audience care. A lot. That's why he hasn't said anything yet.

trump's taking his time to formulate a response. the first sign of decay.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
lol If you think Trump gives a gently caress about abortions other than giving lip service to evangelicals about it.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

My Imaginary GF posted:

There is one way to stump the trump, and it is the way that Republicans will never know: with gratitude and kindness.

The only thing that can stump the Trump *is* Trump. When he's done winning the Republican primary he needs to turn around and tack towards the political center so he can win the general election, all the while fighting against what Republican Primary trump has been saying.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

good picture since it's tough to stop a train when it heads towards a wrecked bridge

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ivor Biggun posted:

The only thing that can stump the Trump *is* Trump. When he's done winning the Republican primary he needs to turn around and tack towards the political center so he can win the general election, all the while fighting against what Republican Primary trump has been saying.

Initially, I thought this was going involve cloning.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Immortan posted:

lol If you think Trump gives a gently caress about abortions other than giving lip service to evangelicals about it.

surely the only people who think that are evangelicals?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ivor Biggun posted:

If anyone is up to that challenge, it’s Trump.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Immortan posted:

if he really didn't care

he wouldn't be afraid to say what he thinks

I think he cares and also he's a coward

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Trump stumping goons since 2015

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Zas posted:

if he really didn't care

he wouldn't be afraid to say what he thinks

I think he cares and also he's a coward

God Emperor Trump is many things, but a coward isn't one of them.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

What if the trump plan is not to get popular via the republican primary and then when the establishment gets rid of him to use that popularity as a platform for a third party run?

what if the trump plan is to turn the GOP into his own party? He is at least running on a anti-establishment platform that he cannot drop or even soften. Maybe he will try and change the party from the top down?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The Puppet Master posted:

What if the trump plan is not to get popular via the republican primary and then when the establishment gets rid of him to use that popularity as a platform for a third party run?

what if the trump plan is to turn the GOP into his own party? He is at least running on a anti-establishment platform that he cannot drop or even soften. Maybe he will try and change the party from the top down?

How can votes be real
when your election isn't real

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
Oh boy another liberal melting down

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

mike12345 posted:

How can votes be real
when your election isn't real

wait...

woah

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Trump's plan B doesn't matter right now because plan A is 'win the republican nomination' and there's no sign that plan A is failing in any way shape or form

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I think Trump will just ignore this particular shooting until it drifts from our nation's collective consciousness in a week or so. This is America! We have a loving school shooting almost every month, and crazies attacking shopping malls, theaters, and medical centers on a pretty regular basis.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

This shooting was pretty forgettable. If it hadn't been near a PP and just a mall, we would have already forgot. Certainly no Elliot Rogers.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
He is the Trump who can't be stumped
Open his mouth and his polls jump!
Just put a mic in front of him and he will speak his mind
Study his trends from dawn till dusk, but all that you will find...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sancho posted:

This shooting was pretty forgettable. If it hadn't been near a PP and just a mall, we would have already forgot. Certainly no Elliot Rogers.

The shooter didn't even kill any pregnant women. This story is your standard gun violence tale, and now is not the time to discuss gun violence.

• Locked thread