Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

God I want to make the hunting rifle muzzle attachments only stick on to the custom barrels (they have the little milled front to accept bayonets and compensators without it looking dumb and lovely) but the leveled lists used for wrangling the laser musket's limits are just making me nervous. Maybe I just have to make the guns in the wild just not appear with those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
any tits in the game yet? if not i'll check back in a week or two

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Blackdog420 posted:

No, the only birds in the game are crows.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Woebin posted:

No, the only birds in the game are crows.

look at this scrub who hasn't got up to vertibirds yet

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Blackdog420 posted:

Yeah, I finally saw a Nude Woman mod yesterday, complete with explanation as to why her nipples look weird (the guy prefers fake tits). Also a justification for why there's no naked dude mod, because you can't "geometric shapes" yet.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 29, 2015

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Colonial Air Force posted:

Yeah, I finally saw a Nude Woman mod yesterday, complete with explanation as to hwy her nipples look weird (the guy prefers fake tits). Also a justification for now naked dude mod, because you can't "geometric shapes" yet.

If I can't run naked around the wasteland with a realistically flopping 12 inch dong, I'll just stick to the soiled whitie-tighties that I looted off a dead ghoul, thank you very much. :colbert:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I glanced at a nude feral ghoul mod yesterday. :stare: it made me cringe.

Ok is Preston just never allowed to be your companions? I totally thought he was.

Incidentally if you leave your power armor unattended and a settler spots a loving mosquito a thousand yards away, there is a good chance some random scrub will swipe that fucker. At least now there is a guard patrolling The Castle in Minuteman T45 power armor and a minigun.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I glanced at a nude feral ghoul mod yesterday. :stare: it made me cringe.

Ok is Preston just never allowed to be your companions? I totally thought he was.

Incidentally if you leave your power armor unattended and a settler spots a loving mosquito a thousand yards away, there is a good chance some random scrub will swipe that fucker. At least now there is a guard patrolling The Castle in Minuteman T45 power armor and a minigun.

Finish Preston's first radiant quest then he'll be available.

Pull your power core in your armor when ever you get out of it or it will get jacked.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Zodium posted:

Random assortment of post-GECK mod ideas/things I badly want:

[list][*]Minuteman Vertibirds for settlements, with limited map range á la artillery.
[*]Send Vertibirds anywhere on the map instead of only to locations.
[*]Better Vertibird controls: hover (holds on target at variable height), patrol (circles target at variable distance).
Yeah, this would be good. I'd love for the Vertibird to do low and slow counter-clockwise orbits of the target area so you can bring the rain. :black101:

I had alot of fun taking a BoS vertibird on a grand tour of several locations in the Glowing Sea by constantly changing the pilots location in the map, would be cool to see this. Also having the BoS fly in and drop off Knights/Paladins to help you out. This would be particularly cool if coupled with an increased spawn mod.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tip for mesh editing: If you scale up a weapon's TriShapes, only the visuals will change. If you also scale the top level node, it'll seem like the mesh increases by n*n rather than just n in the NifSkope viewer, but in game it will correctly show at scale n and then behave accordingly (do not translate the top level node).

Whoever told me about NifSkope here told me the physics were GECK controlled, so I thought that might be useful information. :science:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

What I really want is a mod to let me play as a super mutant. There's already supermutant dressup, as evidenced by strong, so unlike the previous games you wouldn't just be stuck as one supermutant model forever.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I am Communist posted:

Finish Preston's first radiant quest then he'll be available.

I've done a ton of radiant quests. All he did was hand me his musket and now wanders around Sanctuary with a 10mm pistol. If I talk to him he either gives me another mission or spouts off about how the minutemen are back.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
e: Wrong thread!

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 29, 2015

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I've done a ton of radiant quests. All he did was hand me his musket and now wanders around Sanctuary with a 10mm pistol. If I talk to him he either gives me another mission or spouts off about how the minutemen are back.

Sounds like a bug then. After the first quest he's supposed to hand you the musket and then a message appears saying he will be your companion. Then you should be able to talk to him and get him.

I am having a bug where I can't click on any doors to go inside anywhere. Reloading sometimes fixes it but it doesn't sound like that will fix it for you.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136913298034/#c496881136913440652
Open console
Select Preston
removefac 00075D56

some guy said posted:

Faction 00075D56 is apparently some kind of artificial state faction which is used to temporarily block characters from being recruited as companions, like during a quest or something. I think Bethesda forgot to remove him from it after Taking Independence finishes.

Removing him from the faction via console seems to restore full companion functionality. As with everything related to the console, use with caution and make sure to make a separate save before trying.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 29, 2015

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
edit: doublepost

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Has anyone found a way of editing the amount of perk points you get at level up via fo4edit?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3605/

:woop:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

If you talk to them you'll tell them to get out of the armor.

They should really go back to where they found it and get out of it there though. After I had to track down some random ghoul in my sanctuary base who took my power armor to make them get out of it, I just moved it to the station next to my diamond city house. I'm still not sure why that offended me so much since I never use it anyway.

Mod request: Ability to put crafting stations in the diamond city house. To mod anything I have to grab all the junk from the workstation in the house and drag it at a snail's pace through a loading screen and over to the weapon and armor bench next to the shops outside, where I have to hear the merchants' lines repeated twenty times. Then drag it all the way back through a loading screen.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 29, 2015

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

If you talk to them you'll tell them to get out of the armor.

"Get out of the loving robot"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Aw yis. now all those extra P.A's can be used. Just need to find a way of greatly increasing durability.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Mod request: Ability to put crafting stations in the diamond city house. To mod anything I have to grab all the junk from the workstation in the house and drag it at a snail's pace through a loading screen and over to the weapon and armor bench next to the shops outside, where I have to hear the merchants' lines repeated twenty times. Then drag it all the way back through a loading screen.

You cant do this allready?

Edit: sorry if that seems like a really stupid question but im amazed that you cant build crafting stations there.

Kea fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 29, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blackdog420 posted:

I'm pretty sure the nude mod came out before the game

Not interested unless it also makes Cait, Curie, and Parker walk out of rooms like the Ross sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1J3NLNWAPU#t=294

Azhais fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 29, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Until a mod comes along you could use the console and "player.placeatme" then the base id of the workshops, If you font care about it moving them I think you could just use the id of the ones in diamond city. I have no idea if this will properly share inventory but im thinking probably not.

edit: Actually if you pick it up and replace it using the workshop it might.

Kea fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 29, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3482/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Is there a mod that lets me finish Curie's personal quest but not have her be a synth. She's just so loving boring like that. Ideally, and I'll probably end up doing this when the GECK comes out, I'd have a choice to put her in different robot bodies like maybe a cleaned up gen2 synth or a white assaultron, that would loving own.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

COOL

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Is there a mod that turns Dogmeat into a murder machine? I miss the doginator from the original games/Arcanum.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Kulkasha posted:

Is there a mod that turns Dogmeat into a murder machine? I miss the doginator from the original games/Arcanum.

Pretty sure this would be doable, depends what his attacks count as etc. Nothing will be as strong as Dog from Arcanum.

Dogmeat has agility 10 and his weapon does 10 damage.

Funnily thats the same as power armors punching, Mirelurk queen is 150.

Kea fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 30, 2015

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
If they could at least have dog armor provide protection, and have a little bonus to his damage for each of the dog perks, he could probably hold his own.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

thechosenone posted:

If they could at least have dog armor provide protection, and have a little bonus to his damage for each of the dog perks, he could probably hold his own.

It would be easy to add DR to the dog armor, whether it would actually work properly is another thing.

edit: Someones allready done it of course.

Kea fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 30, 2015

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I already posted this on the main thread, but I think this is only solvable with a mod, so:

I don't want to have the second floor reach to the wall of the front of the building here, to create some open space. Problem is, that means that where there are no floors, where will be this big gap between the first and second story walls.

Custom models can be added to the game now, right? I thought I saw a new tool just come out. If so, I'd say one of the first additions that should be added to settlement building is a gap filler, a "wall" as tall as the height of the ceiling/floor tile.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I wish there was a mod that quantified the character creation sculpting values so that I could recreate a look without guesswork.

:(

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thechosenone posted:

As it stands the only thing that dog armor does is provide a convenient carrying handle for Dogmeat

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I know that Armorsmith Extended lets you add Ballistic Weave to dog collars (though not bandannas), other mods might do the same.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Someone allready made an armored armor for dogmeat mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2872/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I want a deathclaw power armor mod

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Azhais posted:

I want a deathclaw power armor mod

Deathclaw companion.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Kea posted:

Deathclaw companion.

There's already at least one of these, but I don't know if it had any deathclaw special attacks or anything.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Kea posted:

Deathclaw companion.

In Deathclaw power armor, wielding a Deathclaw claw thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I took a look at laser and laser musket damage values in the latest version of FO4Edit. Your Weapon Damage Overhaul page mentioned you had trouble editing them. At least in this latest version of FO4Edit the energy damage value is at the bottom in the "DAMA - Critical Data" area. This seems to be where any non-normal damage types are handled while normal damage goes in the normal data area.

Likewise, weapon receiver mods use a different property type for multiplying normal damage versus special damage types like energy or radiation.

Now if you found all of that but don't know how to balance them in relation to other things, well I can't help much there. Perhaps changes to the mods instead of the base weapon?

• Locked thread