Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm starting to get an idea of why Caesar and Sanji aren't there anymore.

Can't really have the guy who gassed a country hanging around in it, and someone strong is the only one that could handle him if something went wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want Sanji and Ceasar's buddy adventure.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

oh I can see Sanji fake sacrificing himself to take down caser in front of the mink people so Sanji and Caeser can make a run for it while And everyone else is just going with the narrative

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

... This is going to turn into a giant fight against the minkmen, isn't it? Kinemon is going to turn up and Luffy is going to say "yep, he's my friend, gently caress all the haters", admit to harbouring Caesar and escalate everything in the worst way possible.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I just realized that Usopp's face on the bounty poster means everyone in his home village now knows it's him and not Sogeking.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pureauthor posted:

I just realized that Usopp's face on the bounty poster means everyone in his home village now knows it's him and not Sogeking.

Somehow I don't think this was a huge revelation.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Somehow I don't think this was a huge revelation.
It was to all the skeptical townsfolk in Ussop's home village. It was just his friends who knew before, and the rest of the townsfolk probably treated them like they treated Ussop. Until now. That's why they're all happy and crying and stuff- Ussop's neighbors never believed in him or his boasts, but now there's proof that he's a real Brave Warrior of the seas.

An absurdly impressive one by East Blue standards.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot but I kinda wish they'd told this story in chronological order
Man, would you hate Baccano.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

HerraS posted:

Oh my god are we getting Odas version of the Three Muskethounds :allears: Zou confirmed for best arc :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xO72s5EBY

Oh dear god. Richelieu is literally :smugdog:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Eiba posted:

It was to all the skeptical townsfolk in Ussop's home village. It was just his friends who knew before, and the rest of the townsfolk probably treated them like they treated Ussop. Until now. That's why they're all happy and crying and stuff- Ussop's neighbors never believed in him or his boasts, but now there's proof that he's a real Brave Warrior of the seas.

An absurdly impressive one by East Blue standards.

Yeah, he hosed up the poo poo of one of the strongest Shichibukai in the New World.

That's no small feat. I wonder if Ussop even realizes the gravity of what that means to Average Joe East Blue-man after being around Luffy for so long.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot but I kinda wish they'd told this story in chronological order

I, on the other hand, enjoy this plot being told Quentin Tarintino style

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 28, 2015

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
If this arc was told in strict chronological order it wouldn't give much room to the exploration of the cool-rear end concept of an island that's actually a giant elephant, and also Bepo wouldn't be in it. Why do you hate Bepo?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

IIRC, they instantly recognized Usopp in his Sogeking poster thanks to his trademark nose. I think their reaction this time is to the whole "God Usopp" thing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

oh I can see Sanji fake sacrificing himself to take down caser in front of the mink people so Sanji and Caeser can make a run for it while And everyone else is just going with the narrative

i like this idea because it sorta justifies the vague way everyone's been talking about sanji beyond 'oh oda wanted it to keep being a mystery so he made the dialog dumb'

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

SBS Volume 79 posted:

D: Nice to meet you. This is sudden, but... please teach us a tip or two on how to draw that hawt hourglass body all ONE PIECE female characters seem to have! Make sure you don't forget to include them airbags ♡

P.N. If there's no bread, let them eat roses~

O: Yes. Hello. It's drawing time at the SBS segment. I would suggest that you think of a woman's proportions as "three circles, one X". Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving.

(I only draw this kind of body, so I get a lot of complaint postcards from my female audience. Let's all stay strong and keep on living life.)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, it's nice to know he's well aware of the issue. Even if he doesn't really care.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > VEGETA > One Piece Manga Thread 13: think of a woman's proportions as "three circles, one X"

Also some sites are hosting chapters that have watermarks from both MangaPanda and MangaStream and it annoys me incredibly. Is one of the two just outright stealing from the other now?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > VEGETA > One Piece Manga Thread 13: think of a woman's proportions as "three circles, one X"

Also some sites are hosting chapters that have watermarks from both MangaPanda and MangaStream and it annoys me incredibly. Is one of the two just outright stealing from the other now?

Mangapanda's raw provider got arrested so they're probably just stealing them from mangastream now.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I think this week Mangapanda stole Stream's pages, since their scan-guy got arrested. Their Bleach pages have the Panda watermark pasted on top of Stream one, and there's really weird thing with their One Piece pages.
It looks like they edited out the Mangastream Watermarks, but added in a T/N alluding to the fact they took the pages from Stream.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

IIRC, they instantly recognized Usopp in his Sogeking poster thanks to his trademark nose. I think their reaction this time is to the whole "God Usopp" thing.

No the kids did, but the villagers didn't believe them. Now they have definitive proof and he's become such a big bounty as well, which is why they're crying.

I'm kind've interested in seeing the Water 7 reaction to Frankys poster, I wonder if they'll be shocked at the picture he was given.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I wonder if Usopp's bounty needs another one with the villagers, complete with insane Oda faces when they realise it's him.

It can go where Brook's would go, since there's no-one left alive to care about his except a whale.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I wonder if Usopp's bounty needs another one with the villagers, complete with insane Oda faces when they realise it's him.

It can go where Brook's would go, since there's no-one left alive to care about his except a whale.

They'll have Crocus showing Laboon and him bellowing happily and it will be magical

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kaido has a mammoth working for him. The '100 Beast' thing might just be a description of his crew.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy A. Person posted:

They'll have Crocus showing Laboon and him bellowing happily and it will be magical

Would Crocus or Laboon even recognize him from a wanted poster? He doesn't really use his name or have recognizable features beyond his hair anymore so I imagine it'd be difficult to connect the dots from a photo.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

tsob posted:

Would Crocus or Laboon even recognize him from a wanted poster? He doesn't really use his name or have recognizable features beyond his hair anymore so I imagine it'd be difficult to connect the dots from a photo.

Crocus knows his name, and he can tell Laboon. Besides, Laboon recognizing Brook from his afro is the entire point.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Say Nothing posted:

Kaido has a mammoth working for him. The '100 Beast' thing might just be a description of his crew.

I loved the reveal of both that and that the Jack guy the minks where terrorised by was said mammoth. This is such a cool arc. :allears:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

Didn't they use his old wanted poster until they got a better picture of the Soul King?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Jack's ship has a mammoth for a masthead.

Gifters appear to be a faction that can turn only part of their body into part of an animal, possibly the result of lovely smile fruits. Sheepshead can turn his arms into ram horns.

This arc rules already it's so rich and Kaido's crew is so interesting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Advice fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 30, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Advice posted:

Jack's ship has a mammoth for a masthead.

Gifters appear to be a faction that can turn only part of their body into part of an animal, possibly the result of lovely smile fruits. Sheepshead can turn his arms into ram horns.

This arc rules already it's so rich and Kaido's crew is so interesting.

The part that gets me is that we know one dude who has a face like that but it's a big reach to think he could have arrived at this level, so he's probably a new character no matter how much I want it to be Morgan.

Also the dude attacked warships with Fujitora, Sengoku, and Tsuyu on them and managed to sink 2 of them. That's loving hardcore.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm really digging the outfits of Kaido's crew

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
In watching the anime I just got to the Marineford arc. Impel down was so good. I forgot how incompetent buggy was. I mean I knew, but I forgot people like crocodile and Mr 1 were sitting there going 'how do these loving morons believe him'
Also how is Bon Clay not a straw hat. Hes the most straw hat straw hat that isn't Luffy.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

RC Cola posted:

In watching the anime I just got to the Marineford arc. Impel down was so good. I forgot how incompetent buggy was. I mean I knew, but I forgot people like crocodile and Mr 1 were sitting there going 'how do these loving morons believe him'
Also how is Bon Clay not a straw hat. Hes the most straw hat straw hat that isn't Luffy.

He's dead, dead people can't-

uh.

Well, I guess that really isn't a barrier to Straw Hat membership :v:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

He's dead, dead people can't-

uh.

Well, I guess that really isn't a barrier to Straw Hat membership :v:

He's alive. He was on a cover page.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Dragonatrix posted:

I loved the reveal of both that and that the Jack guy the minks where terrorised by was said mammoth. This is such a cool arc. :allears:

I think Jack is actually an ancient zoan eater who can transform into a mammoth.

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

Crazyeyes posted:

I think Jack is actually an ancient zoan eater who can transform into a mammoth.

This also leads to the promise of an Ancient Zoan Battle once Drake shows up, T-Rex vs. Mammoth. Basically the best possible outcome.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gumbercules posted:

This also leads to the promise of an Ancient Zoan Battle once Drake shows up, T-Rex vs. Mammoth. Basically the best possible outcome.

Unfortunately, Jack and Drake are fighting on the same side.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Unless it's a trick and Drake betrays them.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Crazyeyes posted:

Unless it's a trick and Drake betrays them.

Tricky tricky t-rex

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Speaking of which I wonder if Drake is one of the 3 disasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

RatHat posted:

Speaking of which I wonder if Drake is one of the 3 disasters.

That is all but certain.