Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

YOU DON'T WANT GOHAN YOU WANT GOKU DAMMIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

GOKU HAS THAT IT FACTOR, NOBODY WANTS A VANILLA MIDGET LIKE GOHAN

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean I guess it has to be Gohan because the scale is getting even bigger so having even Piccolo as a random jobber just ain't gonna cut it anymore. You need to use the guy who was basically the main character of DBZ that wasn't Goku to further cement the power level gap, but it's still a pretty lovely thing to do with Gohan. It was dumber in RoF though, at least. I mean there he just outright lost most of his power.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Making Gohan into a huge loser basically

He always was a huge loser

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah, there was a time when Gohan was cool.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Baal posted:

Nah, there was a time when Gohan was cool.

About twenty episodes.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think it's better that Gohan gets jobbed on account of being retired for the best part of a decade than getting a free power boost from unlocking his 'potential' for the millionth time, it was really rubbish and unearned in the Buu Saga and there's no indictation he's picked the training back up since then

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
If goku didn't come back to life he probably would've kept up with his training some.

But since goku is back he's free to nerd it up. Just let the guy be happy he's earned it. He has a child and doesn't want to fight

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't want him to fight either. I want him to enjoy his life as a doctor and having sex with his wife

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Baal posted:

I don't want him to fight either. I want him to enjoy his life as a doctor and having sex with his wife

Well, there are a few doujin I can recommend for that....

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've already read them, but thank you

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

visceril posted:

If goku didn't come back to life he probably would've kept up with his training some.

But since goku is back he's free to nerd it up. Just let the guy be happy he's earned it. He has a child and doesn't want to fight

We don't watch DBZ for people to not punch things, we want to see them punching things dammit!
Any character in your punching series that isn't punching things, or talking about punching things, or teaching people how to punch things, or holding back until the right moment to punch things because they're just that good at punching things, is a wasted character!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

We don't watch DBZ for people to not punch things, we want to see them punching things dammit!
Any character in your punching series that isn't punching things, or talking about punching things, or teaching people how to punch things, or holding back until the right moment to punch things because they're just that good at punching things, is a wasted character!

This, this is a shonen fight manga, if you're not throwing good punches at least some of the time you basically don't matter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bulma never threw a punch and she matters, sometimes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bulma built a space craft capable of traveling interstellar distances out of whatever she had lying around.

Without Bulma that Fist never gets delivered to Namek.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gohan was cool when he finally nerd rages fully against Cell and then when he pops in out of nowhere and beats the poo poo out of Buu for a few seconds. That's basically it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zzulu posted:

Gohan was cool when he finally nerd rages fully against Cell and then when he pops in out of nowhere and beats the poo poo out of Buu for a few seconds. That's basically it

I think the thing is that people liked Gohan when he was like that and want him to be that badass again, or something

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
look getting shot in the back/while otherwise unprepared is pretty much a one hit win in DBZ we've seen it a million times including in the movie this arc is adapting

he was pretty clearly about to obliterate shisami considering his response to being in that bear hug was best described as "bemused anger"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

reignofevil posted:

Bulma built a space craft capable of traveling interstellar distances out of whatever she had lying around.

Without Bulma that Fist never gets delivered to Namek.

Well yeah my point was not everyone has to fight they can do other things.

Someone has to fight, but not everyone.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Boo was able to absorb people too easily in my opinion

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Go Han knows how to fight and he's very smart and resourceful in a way that everyone is not. He and Bommai should be able to work together in a good support gir he and ball my should be able to work together in a supporting role.

Goten and Trunks seem much more likely to train and be fighters because they have each other

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm really liking the direction the RoF arc of Super is taking. Animation seems fairly consistent now.

I liked Krillin's scenes a lot too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

She'd matter more if she Kamehameha-ed Frieza while they were on Namek

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

TheKingofSprings posted:

She'd matter more if she Kamehameha-ed Frieza while they were on Namek

Bulma has the second-strongest fists out of the entire cast. Their name is Vegeta

Caros
May 14, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I'm really liking the direction the RoF arc of Super is taking. Animation seems fairly consistent now.

I liked Krillin's scenes a lot too.

I actually really like what they've been doing with Krillin throughout super and I hope they extend it as an arc through the series. He got punched by Goku and went 'whelp, I'm giving up fighting' as a result. Then in this episode you have him quivering about fighting people because every single opponent since freeza has been so high above him that its comical. It actually makes a good deal of sense that he is nervous about fighting, and it was nice to seem him realize "Wait, these guys are loving chumps. lol."

The Gohan dropping thing didn't seem too bad to me since it also works as foreshadowing for later when Goku is gonna get backstabbed in a similar way.

Frankly nothing is going to beat the revival of Ginyu next episode. I have lived a blessed life to see the return of Captain Ginyu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Augus posted:

I think the thing is that people liked Gohan when he was like that and want him to be that badass again, or something

I mean I'm fine with Gohan not being super badass, I liked him the most in Buu Saga when he could just be a goofy teenager and then comes back as super badass with dumb power up and just stomps on Super Buu. I just don't like them sticking him in these positions where he basically has to be head jobber and especially in RoF where his power down is so insane compared to how bad it was between the Buu Saga time skip.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I hope all of this makes Gohan reconsider his absolutely no training policy.

e: But the super chapter basically shot that down.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

On the other hand, Pan will probably grow up with a father

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean Gohan did too. Even had two of them.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Baal posted:

I mean Gohan did too, soooooo

Goku died twice and spent most of the time inbetween in intensive care. The only time in the series they're ever together for any period of time is the Cell games

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay so that just negates the four years Goku was there and that Goku at most was gone for like a year and then was there for him p much all Cell Saga and even for that year or two of training before the androids would show up and the year in the Time Chamber? This is ignoring Piccolo is also a father figure to him.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

alcharagia posted:

Bulma has the second-strongest fists out of the entire cast. Their name is Vegeta

Plus if the enemy slaps her around a bit they become the strongest.

Everything's coming up Bulma.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Baal posted:

Okay so that just negates the four years Goku was there and that Goku at most was gone for like a year and then was there for him p much all Cell Saga and even for that year or two of training before the androids would show up and the year in the Time Chamber? This is ignoring Piccolo is also a father figure to him.

I think you're taking this a bit literally. I was just pointing out the main fighters do often die in DBZ and it seems Toriyama deliberately wrote Gohan as getting out of the game to go home and be a family man, which I kinda like

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gohan died.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kild posted:

Gohan died.

He got absorbed by Buu, which isn't really the same and got resolved inside the same arc

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well, he did get killed when Kid Buu blew up the Earth too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Steampunk Gent posted:

He got absorbed by Buu, which isn't really the same and got resolved inside the same arc

Kid Buu blew up the earth with him on it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Baal posted:

Kid Buu blew up the earth with him on it

Wasn't he on the Kai planet like five minutes later anyway? Ironic I guess, the one incident where Goku and Vegeta were the only survivors

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Satan was the only person with them on the Kai Planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I meant the other one, looked it up and turns out every was dead then though. In any case being a hero is still very risky business and I don't think it's terrible writing that Gohan more or less walks away from it

• Locked thread